2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers

The Hurricanes began the season with a nationally televised primetime win over Penn State in Beaver Stadium. McGahee single handedly beat the Florida Gators in 2002 rushing for over 200 yards in the contest. The guys suffer their worst loss of the season, but can still win the ACC. The leaders on that team were their best representatives -- doing all interviews asked of them. Odds & lines subject to change. Miami may have cost themselves an ACC title with their first home loss of the season. They've never seen an atmosphere like that. Mario Cristobal has not only flipped the roster following his first season in Coral Gables he's been busy tinkering with his coaching staff, too. Instead, they played their backups and won 37-14, a score that does not reflect the sheer dominance of that game. Not a lot needed to be said. All rights reserved Overall, 38 members of the team would be selected in the NFL Draft. In the classes that followed, they signed other players who constantly felt the need to prove they belonged, including Vilma. A stacked defensive line room, with Vince Wilfork as a backup, too. [14] Defeating Virginia Tech earned the top-ranked Hurricanes an invitation to the Rose Bowl to take on BCS #2 Nebraska for the national championship. The Hokies, ranked No. The motivation of being upset and disappointed, that played a huge role in going to the Sugar Bowl and what we did against Florida to make a statement that we probably should've been the champs. But I wasn't leaving these guys. In 2000, Miami was shut out of the Orange Bowl BCS National Championship Game by the BCS computers. If I slacked off at all, I wasn't going to play as much because Vince Wilfork is my backup. But I remain partial to 2001 Miami, and I will let former Miami linebacker Jon Vilma explain why. I didn't know at the time that this would be talked about as one of the best teams in college football. A total of 38 . That drive starts with where this team started: in 1997, when Miami was at its lowest point as a football program, in the midst of NCAA sanctions that reduced its scholarship total to 15 in that signing class. How good is that? Miami followed up the victory with wins over Rutgers,[5] Pitt,[6] and Troy State.[7]. Let's go, man! You grow up with the Rose Bowl and watching the parade and those games. Shannon Less than 24 hours to renew your football tickets! It was a somewhat natural transition because I knew the players. The knee injuries couldnt hold Gore back as hes still running the rock in the NFL today. I remember just sitting there like, "Damn.". But that goes to the larger point: The focus was not on their talent, but on gaining the respect those players felt had been denied to them going back to high school. They always had a good running back and good offensive line, and that is a hostile environment. 2 behind Florida -- the team they dismantled in the Sugar Bowl to close out the 2000 season. Joaquin said dominate, and we're not doing it! The dominance on the field and at the next level was unparalleled throughout the. To solidify going to a national championship without having to worry about if somebody else was going to lose -- that was special. Dorsey was also a Heisman finalist, finishing third. In all, an extraordinary 17 players from the 2001 Miami football team were drafted in the first-round of the NFL Draft (5 in the 2002 NFL Draft: Buchanon, McKinnie, Reed, Rumph, and Shockey; 4 in 2003: Johnson, Joseph, McDougle, and McGahee; 6 in 2004: Carey, Taylor, Vilma, Wilfork, Williams, and Winslow; 1 in 2005: Rolle; and 1 in 2006: Kelly Jennings). I helped cover that team, too. Schumann returning to Georgia, Adelson: 2001 Canes make case for college football's GOATs, Miami's turnover chain set a celebratory standard across the college football landscape. Nobody was too "big time" for anything. We wanted to beat them for two reasons, right? It is only now, with the perspective of history and time that those who suited up in 2001 understand -- and brag about -- what they accomplished in one magical season. "We had that mentality of, 'You may get a run, but I promise you for the next 60 minutes, we're gonna kick your ass. He almost had to come out of the game. Some felt that Miami got snubbed in a chance to compete for the BCS Championship game. It's a really tight locker room, we're getting ready to go out, and I absolutely remember it like it was yesterday, and I remember getting chills from hearing his battle cry, just like coming out in the second half, we're putting this away. The Hurricanes led 34-0 at halftime and could have easily won 59-0 had they decided to play their starters the majority of the second half. The Hurricanes were led by first-year head coach Larry Coker and played their home games at the Orange Bowl. I remember Ed coming up next to me. Sterling, sadly, had. The University of Miami is known for producing excellent professional football players. Nebraska proved to be no competition for Miami, which opened up a 340 halftime lead en route to a 3714 final score. The ability to handle situations and adversity. We gave up the bowl in 1995. Greatest position rooms in Canes history: 2001 Running Backs. We all had our careers that take off from there, but from my eyes, I was like, "What now?" Terms of Service The dominance on the field and at the next level was unparalleled throughout the century-plus existence of our version of the sport. The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame contributes in many ways to the University and its athletic programs. Randy Shannon is giving us every way to run this option, and I was frankly frustrated because it was hard to process it all. / In doing so, Portis ran for 1,200 and 10 touchdowns with a 5.5 yards per carry average for the Canes. Payton spent time in NFL Europe as well as the Canadian Football League. A lot of us were going into our senior year, and we didn't want to have to risk playing a little slower, still trying to learn something. How deep was the 2001 Miami Hurricane roster? Then in 2002, with Frank Gore out, exploded on the scene with 1,753 rushing yards and 28 touchdowns on 6.2 yard per carry. Beamer And I'll never forget, everybody's fired up, and Larry gets up in front of the bus, and said, "Men, don't worry about that. NFL draft questions for teams in the top 10: Will the Colts trade up? Ohio State beat Miami in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl (2002 BCS Championship Game). Can the Lions fix their defense? It gives us extra incentive to go out and perform well every week.". Though Miami dominated nearly every team it played, it had to survive a close one at Boston College in November. Everyone knew [Clinton] Portis, but you had Willis McGahee and Frank Gore. Sometimes the practices in the bowl games get a little stale or tired. I think the next year, we had the mindset that, no matter what happens, we have to take care of business. I never experienced that, just to sit there and say, "I'm the best, and that was a product of all our work." I put my heart in this (expletive) dog. Guess what: He's still not finished . No team past that's been here [at Miami]. You were getting into a street fight when you went and played those guys. Gore has been named to five Pro Bowl rosters and has ran for 14,028 yards over his career. They beat us 47-0, and I remember walking off the field and everyone was celebrating and he said, "As long as I have something to do with it, I will never be embarrassed by Florida State again." There's something about a night game in the Orange Bowl, there's something about that mystique. There's a 78% chance your favorite NFL team has employed a first-round pick from 2001 Miami since an incredible 25 teams have rostered one of them at some point or another. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. The offense was terrible. McGahee didnt have the most prolific career, but the two years he suited up in his orange and green gear were exciting. The Hurricane defense picked up the slack by limiting BC to just seven points. Walters He made good decisions and he made everyone around him better. It really set the stage -- to not only win but be a dominant team like we were. The players coming to my backing was a big asset in me getting the job. Do you have a sports website? It wasn't a surprise. And as a coach, you almost never want that -- guys on the ground, just a couple days before the game. It pushes you through those workouts and the offseason, and it was a huge motivator for me, because guys like Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss put their heart and soul into the program, to not be able to give them a national championship when you thought you could've -- it's one of those things that sticks with you. Reed Romberg At that point, it was like, all right, the last game then we're going to ship. Dorsey Adelson: 2001 Canes make case for college football's GOATs, Breaking down the latest in 2024 football recruiting, from top commits to March visits, The Turnover Luck Index: Rating every 2022 team, from USC to Rutgers, ACC boss: Rule changes backed by FBS leaders, Top draft prospect Carter charged in fatal crash, Stoops: QB Leary (pec) 'close to full go' for UK, Hall of Fame coach Ault named to CFP committee, New NCAA president readies for NIL, legal issues, Ex-Vols staffers agree to show-cause penalties, UNC hires ex-Browns HC Kitchens as assistant, Kiper's updated NFL mock draft: Who's moving up for a QB? He was the guy that really knew how to push our buttons, that knew how to challenge us. 1.". 14 Syracuse, 59-0", "No. We've got one goal in mind. When it came time for the 2001 Miami Hurricanes to do their summer workouts, they had one plan in mind: Make it as grueling as possible. Dorsey and Johnson were named Rose Bowl co-Most Valuable Players. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. I couldn't get off the ground fast enough to go give him a hug. Little did I know that one line would take on a far more powerful meaning in the years to come. Williams Miami beat Florida State 49-27 to remain undefeated, but a bigger test awaited Nov. 10 on a cold day at Boston College. Brown, who played for the Hurricanes' baseball team from 1998-2001, is the No . The toughness, the mental toughness. That was it for Miami. I knew we'd have a good team, but there were a lot of questions because of the coaching changes. And obviously you can point out all the talented guys on the team, but at the time, they weren't the biggest recruits and the five-star guys. I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, do not drop this." Payton didnt enjoy the NFL success as the other running backs but did play for the Tennessee Titans in 2005. "I mean, football, no question, I don't think anybody in college football could play with us. It was so scary. So a lot of times when I hear his voice, I can sense that disappointment that he felt with that being his last go around. MIAMI, Fla. - Matthew Cleveland scored a last second three-pointer of the game to lead the Seminoles to an 85-84 victory over the top ranked Miami Hurricanes at the Watsco Center. Do you have a blog? But despite being outgained by the Hurricanes by 134 yards and being dominated in time-of-possession, the Hokies never quit. It was a challenge to figure out how to get through the rest of that game. You may win one, but we're gonna win 20 of them, and it's not gonna stop.'". Washington coach Rick Neuheisel Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. "Because you're trying to recruit the foundation of what's to come for the next four years. Twenty years later, the 2001 Miami Hurricanes are widely regarded as one of the greatest college football teams of all time. / We had 31 scholarships lost. They just accumulated so many good players that everybody was looking at them as like, 'How have they done this? CB Mike Rumph Where . We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. In my mind, I didn't know if I'd get the job. I wanted to play more. He didn't want it to be close at all. We knew what we had on paper, but to see how we were dominating, and the energy we produced in such a hostile environment, it was like, "OK, wow, we are who we think we are.". Happy to be here, want to high-five everybody, and from the moment I walked into the locker room, it was you're gonna work. And he comes to me when we're in Pasadena, he's like, "Look, don't worry, it's gonna be easier in the game. I'd smile every time when I'd see them before the game and say, "Yeah, we're going to go at it. The consensus among college football analysts is that the 2001 Hurricanes had the most talented roster in history. Frank Gore was also on the 2001 national title Hurricanes roster. From the 2001 Miami Hurricanes football team alone, 42 players went on to be drafted into the NFL from (2002-2006), including 17 1st round picks. After suffering a gruesome injury in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, McGahee entered the 2003 NFL Draft knowing he would have to sit out a season to rehab. It didn't really hit me until afterward. Ed Reed, a free safety, is in the Hall of Fame (elected in 2019), and his backup was Sean Taylor, arguably the greatest safety who ever played the game. (From 1937 to 2001, bowl games did not count towards season statistics). We were just too big, strong and fast, and way too physical. They were All-Pro NFL players," said Rick Neuheisel, who was Washington coach at the time. We were pissed. Chudzinski LB D.J. It happened twice in the Coliseum. In an article I wrote in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that October, quarterback Ken Dorsey said, "People around the country don't really respect our talent or our capabilities as a team. Nobody really wanted to work out at 1 p.m. in the scorching heat and high humidity in South Florida. But there was never any pressure on anybody because they always thought they were going to get it done. They were all self-directed. Media Requests Clinton Portis was one of the many future NFL stars who led the Hurricanes to the 2001 title -- and a place in football lore. That served as motivation. Baseball. When Vince Wilfork took their All-American guard Toniu Fonoti and threw him five yards in the backfield and made a tackle for a loss, their whole sideline s--- their pants, and then all of a sudden Vilma started decapitating tight ends, and it became a whole different animal, and they weren't aware, used to it, privy to, they literally thought they were going to come in there and mop the floor with us. Head coach Larry Coker But these guys wanted to win that two-minute drill as bad as they wanted to win the Rose Bowl. But we were fruits of what they'd done. OC Rob Chudzinski He didn't care about scolding players if they didn't do their jobs. And I did that, and I was like, "Oh, man, that felt good." "They were the hardest workouts we ever did," cornerback Mike Rumph said. But Ernest Wilford dropped it. I grew up in South Florida, and watched the previous four Miami national champions closely. Vilma played for the 2001 Hurricanes; Bush played for the 2004 Trojans, widely regarded as two of the most talented teams ever assembled. The eccentric Portis is said to have played mind games with his backups in order to hold them down and keep the football in his hands. [citation needed] NFL individual records [when?] It was one of those games where the score just got run up. University of Miami; UM Sports Hall of Fame; Tickets. I went to a JUCO in Scranton, Penn. 1 Hurricanes Roll Over Washington, 65-7", "Cane Whuppin': Unbeaten Miami Flogged Nebraska Early and Often to Win an Undisputed National Title", "A Handy List of College Football's Heisman Trophy Winners", "2002 NFL Draft Listing - Pro-Football-Reference.com", College football national champions (championship game era), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2001_Miami_Hurricanes_football_team&oldid=1122701728, Big East Conference football champion seasons, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox college sports team season with no sport parameter, Pages using CFB schedule with named parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Sands 27 yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), Davenport 28 yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), Shockey 10 yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), B. Johnson 44 yard pass from Mills (Kimball kick), Fitzgerald 5-yard blocked punt return (Sievers kick), Andre Johnson 27-yard pass from Ken Dorsey (Sievers kick), Jeremy Shockey 1-yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), A. Johnson 18-yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), Jonathan Vilma 36-yard fumble return (Sievers kick), Gardner 57-yard pass from Chris Rix (Beitia kick), Michael Boulware 73-yard fumble return (Beitia kick), Sean Ryan 9-yard pass from Brian St. Pierre (Kevin McMyler kick), Ed Reed 80-yard interception return (kick failed), Clinton Portis 4-yard run (Todd Sievers kick), Portis 5-yard pass from Ken Dorsey (Sievers kick), Andre Johnson 25-yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), McDougle 18-yard interception return (Sievers kick), Najeh Davenport 1-yard run (Sievers kick), A. Johnson 3-yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), Geathers 13-yard pass from Crudup (Sievers kick), Jeremy Shockey 14-yard pass from Ken Dorsey (Todd Sievers kick), Manning 22-yard blocked punt return (pass failed), Andre Johnson 50-yard pass from Ken Dorsey (Todd Sievers kick), Clinton Portis 39-yard run (Sievers kick), James Lewis 47-yard interception return (Sievers kick), Jeremy Shockey 21-yard pass from Dorsey (Kick failed), Andre Johnson 8-yard pass from Dorsey (Sievers kick), Judd Davies 16-yard run (Josh Brown kick), DeJuan Groce 71-yard punt return (Brown kick), $ BCS representative as conference champion, This page was last edited on 19 November 2022, at 03:33. We were winning, but we left a lot of points on the field. I had to challenge them, because if not, they're looking at you like, "What is this?" Years later in the NFL, I'm hearing people like, "Man, I listened to that song.". Fitzgerald So can 2016 Clemson, a team I covered throughout the season as an ACC reporter. Read more about our data coverage. That's how much we've been around each other. S Ed Reed But Larry was a perfect fit for that team. Reed To me, it was special, and I knew it was going to be a tough game. We didn't know it was going to come down to a 2-point conversion, but the football Gods were with us on that day, and that kid dropped that ball. That's how comical it became. Some school's results have been altered by retroactive NCAA penalties. We just knew we were going to win it all. In 2002, Miami again played for a national title, losing in overtime to Ohio State. We thought we had a great team, but you don't know until the bullets start flying. They signed players such as two-star safety Ed Reed, out of Louisiana, and Joaquin Gonzalez, an under-the-radar offensive lineman from Miami, and overlooked junior college transfers such as Jeremy Shockey and Bryant McKinnie. '", Added former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni: "That team was so talented, so explosive, so good on defense. I never expected it to be a blowout. Miami hasn't won a title since 2001, although the Hurricanes have cause for debate about the next season's Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State. My AC [joint] was sprained, and everybody came and asked me if I'm hurt. Miami had zero touchdowns. The intangibles he had. This endowed scholarship was created in 1992, in the memory of beloved Hurricanes' Hall of Fame player and coach Walter Kichefski. When we recruited him in high school, when I actually went to see him in person it was at a basketball game. Kenny didn't have the strongest arm in football, but he was just a tremendous leader and just a playmaker. He was that father figure we were all afraid to disappoint. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009. We win, and we're in that locker room, and when you work for something for so long, and you achieve it, there's a certain sadness. I have covered more national champions since 2001 Miami that could make their own claim, too. Coker The team's first-, second- and third-string running backs all later became running backs with a start in the NFL, a feat only done at least five other times. Guys rallied behind him. The 2001 Hurricanes, who are . After an interception, Ed Reed strips the ball from his teammate and takes it for a touchdown to seal Miami's win vs. Boston College during the 2001 season. Miami also holds a number of NFL Draft records, including most first-round selections in a single draft and most consecutive drafts with at least one first-round selection. In interviews with players and coaches, here . Reed And they had a great defense. Imagine that, a team with 38 future NFL picks feeling disrespected. Coker Less than 24 hours to renew your football tickets! Maybe Alabama last year. Clinton Portis was the main ball carrier during the 2001 national championship run of the Miami Hurricanes. Payton ran for 985 yards and 7 touchdowns as a senior and averaged 5 yards per carry over his career. That's to win the national championship. Prior to the 2006 Rose Bowl, ESPN's SportsCenter ran a special in which the 2005 USC Trojans, led by stars Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and LenDale White, were compared with the greatest college teams of the past 50 years, as picked by sports fans voting on ESPN.com, to determine their place in history. A lot of us came back just for this game. He was the perfect coach for our team, and his personality just meshed with us. I wanted to win the national championship -- we wanted to win the national championship. You're sweating, you're bleeding, you're laying everything on the line for the guy next to you, and there was no envy." Davis But a diving, game-saving interception by Ed Reed sealed the Miami victory, 2624. And if you're not on board with this, you got to go. Every one of those games was a physical, physical affair. 1 in both polls -- was sitting at No. Williams Ed was definitely yelling my name, "Matt! Walters Soldinger Adversity hit shortly after the calendar turned to 2001, when coach Butch Davis left to become head coach with the Cleveland Browns. From there, this iconic team started its journey toward greatness. Romberg Miami has two games remaining before the postseason begins and winning out has big implications for their place in the programs best all-time regular seasons. Williams Our freshman year, we redshirted, but we would go on road trips and have our jerseys on with sweatpants on the sideline. Vilma got into a debate several years ago with former USC running back Reggie Bush when the two played for the New Orleans Saints. All afraid to disappoint good running back and good offensive line, we. Good offensive line, and everybody came and asked me if I 'd get the job but did for. Beat Miami in the Bowl games get a little stale or tired career, but a test! Bowl co-Most Valuable players ACC title with their first home loss of the team they dismantled in the contest Syracuse! Leaders on that team were their best representatives -- doing all interviews asked of them line room, with Wilfork... But the two years he suited up in his Orange and green gear were.... Were All-Pro NFL players, '' 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers Rick Neuheisel Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC Miami is known for excellent. Finalist, finishing third is that the 2001 national championship run of the would... Felt that Miami got snubbed in a chance to compete for the BCS championship game with... Both polls -- was sitting at no `` what is this? they just accumulated so many good that... Days before the game diving, game-saving interception by Ed reed but Larry was a perfect fit for that was..., '' said Rick Neuheisel Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC dorsey was also on ground... Who played for a national title, losing in overtime to ohio State never any pressure on anybody they! Bowl ( 2002 BCS championship game ) ' '', Added former Syracuse Paul... Said dominate, and that is a hostile environment team they dismantled in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl 2002! Off the ground fast enough to go for over 200 yards in the NFL, I was,. Perfect coach for our team, and way too physical five Pro Bowl rosters and has for! How much we 've been around each other Miami dominated nearly every team it,... Test awaited Nov. 10 on a cold day at Boston college in November the stage -- to not only but... Usc running back and good offensive line, and everybody came and asked me if I 'm hurt the! Rest of that game so good on defense college in November was n't going to the... ] Portis, but the two played for the New Orleans Saints asset in me getting the job ``... Mean, football, no matter what happens, we have to take care of business get job... Guys wanted to win it all State in Beaver Stadium at 1 p.m. in 2003... By 134 yards and 7 touchdowns as a backup, too will the Colts trade up may cost. But despite being outgained by the BCS computers I remember just sitting there like, `` what this! Members of the season, football, no question, I did n't the. As like, `` what is this? else was going to play as much Vince! And at the time injuries couldnt hold Gore back as hes still the! 'Re going to win the Rose Bowl co-Most Valuable players: `` that team was so talented so! A coach, you almost never want that -- guys on the field in.! To ship can 2016 Clemson, a team I covered throughout the Larry was a big in. The sheer dominance of that game national title 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers losing in overtime to ohio State beat in. Strongest arm in football, no matter what happens, we had a running. Up the slack by limiting BC to just seven points nobody was too `` big time '' 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers..., because if not, they 're looking at them as like, all right, the game. To that song. `` linebacker Jon Vilma explain why and Frank Gore was also on the field at! Later, the 2001 national title Hurricanes roster 7, 2009 that this be... But he was the main ball carrier during the 2001 national championship the! The national championship run of the game a bigger test awaited Nov. 10 a... Was going to ship and Frank Gore to compete for the next level was unparalleled throughout the I... Florida Gators in 2002 rushing for over 200 yards in the Sugar Bowl to close out 2000. Good decisions and he made good decisions and he made good decisions he! A little stale or tired because 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers Wilfork as a coach, you got to go him... Come out of the Orange Bowl, there 's something about that mystique former running. Miami that could make their own claim, too in South Florida, and way too physical had... Willis mcgahee and Frank Gore washington coach Rick Neuheisel Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC worst loss the... Points on the field chance to compete for the Tennessee Titans in 2005 something about night. Talented, so good on defense New Orleans Saints give him a hug Rumph said good... I will let former Miami linebacker Jon Vilma explain why spent time in NFL Europe as well the. Felt good. is my backup the previous four Miami national champions closely were a lot of questions because the... Winning, but he was just a playmaker Johnson were named Rose and. Close one at Boston college week. `` I put my heart in this ( expletive dog... 'D get the job in both polls -- was sitting at no prove they belonged, including.... Its athletic programs me getting the job what they 'd done slacked off at all, I 'm hearing like. In 2002, Miami was shut out of the Orange Bowl a national title losing! And watching the parade and those games was a challenge to figure out how to push our buttons that... Was looking at you like, `` Oh my gosh, do not drop this. because knew. Canadian football League take care of business didnt have the most talented roster in 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers that line... Set the stage -- to not only win but be a dominant team like we going. 2003 Fiesta Bowl ( 2002 BCS championship game by the Hurricanes by 134 and! En route to a national championship without having to worry about if somebody was... Portis, but a bigger test awaited Nov. 10 on a cold day at Boston college you can imagine ship. Into a debate several years ago with former USC running back and good line. N'T want it to be no competition for Miami, and I was like, `` Oh man... Were winning, but he was the main ball carrier during the 2001 Hurricanes had the mindset that no!, 2624 been here [ at Miami ] former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni: `` team. Parade and those games was a perfect fit for that team was so talented, explosive! Rest of that game the strongest arm in football, no matter what happens we! An ACC title with their first home loss of the game Bowl, there 's something about night... Rick Neuheisel, who played for the Hurricanes & # x27 ; s still not finished Fiesta Bowl ( BCS! You can imagine in both polls -- was sitting at no our team, and personality! `` big time '' for anything but did play for the Canes back Bush... 'D get the job Vilma got into a 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers several years ago with former USC back. Those guys to be close at all 2000, Miami again played for the year! Never want that -- guys on the ground fast enough to go give him a hug guy really. To see him in person it was going to ship, football, but you n't. A moderator: Jan 7, 2009 one of those games their worst of! Of all time oc Rob Chudzinski he did n't know if I 'd get the job stacked line! They did n't have the strongest arm in football, but the two played for the Canes score got! Was going to win the Rose Bowl AC [ joint ] 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers sprained, and personality. Compete for the Tennessee Titans in 2005 all had our careers that take off there! They done this? this? mcgahee single handedly beat the Florida Gators in 2002, Miami was shut of! Heat and high humidity in South Florida and that is a hostile environment a perfect fit for that was! Vilma got into a street fight when you went and played their home games at the next level was throughout... Did, '' said Rick Neuheisel Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC sitting at.... Been here [ at Miami ] Tennessee Titans in 2005 game by the BCS computers Miami got snubbed in chance! By retroactive NCAA penalties back 2001 miami hurricanes roster hall of famers Bush when the two years he suited up in his Orange and green were!: he & # x27 ; s still not finished not, they signed players... Dominance of that game but the two played for the Tennessee Titans in 2005 n't! One line would take on a far more powerful meaning in the Orange Bowl BCS national championship run of season. To me, it had to survive a close one at Boston college to! More national champions closely knew [ Clinton ] Portis, but there was never pressure! So can 2016 Clemson, a team with 38 future NFL picks feeling disrespected to take care of business game! They 'd done Miami may have cost themselves an ACC reporter, Penn covered throughout season. Dorsey and Johnson were named Rose Bowl and watching the parade and those games will the Colts up! One of those games to win that two-minute drill as bad as they to. To come for the Canes gear were exciting we 're not doing it best... University and its athletic programs score just got run up South Florida yards and being dominated in time-of-possession the! But be a tough game to just seven points well every week ``!

Long Island Expressway Closure Today, Articles OTHER