2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall

statistics and reliability analysis of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra based on all problems reported for the 2017 Elantra. 2017 Hyundai Elantra Common Problems and Complaints#50, 0AM 0am927769d Transmission with Anti-theft & Immobilizer Function, DQ200 DSG 7 Mechatronic TCU #117, Why my transmission works funny? This 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE is for Sale in Murfreesboro, TN. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. 2017 Hyundai Elantra Problems Electrical issues: Door lock issues: . Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. I was looking at the new Santa Cruz BUT not anymore! Here are the most common symptoms of bad coil packs: The check engine light is one of the most common symptoms of bad Coil Packs. US $123.7. The recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017. Second, to get it to clear the codes (at least at first) is to disconnect the battery for 20 mins. After studies on its 2011-2014 cars, Hyundai eventually found out the root cause is the metal debris inside the engine. Engine Monitoring Technology and Extended Warranty . . The lawsuit alleged that the root cause of this problem was in the piston assembly of the Elantra, as the pistons would cause a ticking sound which is called a piston slap. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra that is having some problems . I contacted 2 dealerships, both say no recall. Do You Know 2017 Hyundai Elantra Ignition Coil Recall Problem? What You Should Do: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. I was on the highway and the speed started to decreased. 5NPD84LF0HH150884 Sales 609-362-7020 609-362-7020 I requested a list of the things that were done to try to resolve the engine light issue several times even from the salesman who does not take my calls or when he does, he don't know what to tell me. If you do need to replace them all, they can be somewhat pricey. 7875 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1002 Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Front Wheel Drive. hbbd```b``"j@$aj &@$"Yj$X+7"HX 4!l^{i+l# 30>0 Pr Latest from Brand. Price starting at. A broken ignition coil for 2017 hyundai elantra can make your car almost impossible to drive or even cant start. Have you had any issues since youve got them all changed? The recall was issued in May of 2016 and was assigned recall number 16V232000 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). What You Should Do:Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. This warranty will also not cover any expenses in connection with recall, repeat jobs. Irwin Toyota. .Cut off Power from the Car's Battery. No response. All fit 1991-2020 Hyundai Elantra and more. If your car is involved in this recall, your Hyundai dealership will replace the electronic power steering connector. The third safety recall on the 2017 Hyundai Elantra was the largest one to date, affecting 33,803cars. Two diagnostic things you can do. It gets a pretty good fuel economy of about 33 MPG in the city and 41 MPG on highways, and for that price tag, it makes the 2020 Elantra a great choice for most families. In some cases, the vehicle will have a single coil with a distributor that sends the charge to the right spark plug at the right point in the combustion cycle. In 2017, Hyundai recalled about a hundred of 2017 Elantra vehicles due to an issue with Electronic Power Steering connector. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. More often than not, your engines computer will be able to detect bad Coil Packs in your Elantra. Since some OBD codes are manufacturer-specific, the scanner will be able to give you more accurate information if you enter more details about your Elantra. At the dealer, you may also discover other open recalls that your car qualifies for. RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Part Number: RH50460013. Service Campaign T1D provides a procedure to update the ECM. 5 common automatic transmission symptoms you should not ignore #31, 4 IGNITION COILS REPLACEMENT FOR HYUNDAI ELANTRA GT TUCSON KIA SOUL FORTE L4 GAS DOHC NATURALLY ASPIRATED/TURBOCHARGED REFERENCE PART NUMBER: UF651 5C1861 C1804 1788511 273002E000 - #41036-73104. Press J to jump to the feed. Excessive fuel consumption is a common sign of bad ignition coils or spark plugs in Elantra. But what does matter is the order of spark plug wires or connectors; with the help of the labels on the connectors, make sure each connector is hooked up to its matched cylinder. It can really narrow your search down. Learn more about how to stay current on recalls. We also recommend maintenance should include services like fluid exchanges, filter changes, new brake pads, oil changes, and tire rotations. There is one exception to the fact that recall repairs are free vehicles older than 10 years old are outside the statute of limitation and usually dont qualify. Hyundai's number for this recall 161. With the tool connected, turn on the ignition. Click on the recall icon to view the details. Whats a Misfire? 723 0 obj <>stream What You Should Do:Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. Bob M. is an author and award-winning speaker whose TV commercials have appeared on every news network. Whats a Misfire? Hyundai dealers, corporate reps, etc, please message the mods about an official flair. The repairs must be completed at an authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle. SKU:MI3985140.. It's obvious the 2017+ models have faulty ignition coils. . I returned it. Ask the dealer how long your vehicle might be tied up and perhaps even if they can offer you a loaner car until its ready. The most severe recall impacted nearly 34,000 vehicles. . Is your vehicle affected by a recall? Overall great car but kind of small trunk. . This 2017 Shale Gray Metallic Hyundai Elantra SE FWD is well equipped and includes these features and benefits: . Research the 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE at NJ Honda dealer in Hamilton. #1 Air Bag light on This situation happened to many car owners. Drove fine after that, and then last month the second one went (rough idle, slow acceleration, check engine light). It's also just important as checking the spark plugs. Jan 22, 2021. Check if this fits your Hyundai Elantra. TSB Reference #5NP-V2N3H-09. My check engine light is on. Since there are so many reasons that a vehicle can misfire, we recommend testing for trouble codes first. Car Complaints wrote that Hyundai said that there is nothing defective about the vehicles, and additionally, Hyundai also denied all the allegations and denied any liability in regard to them. The features and options listed are for the new 2018 Hyundai . Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Hyundai Creta: Bad Coil Packs Symptoms and Diagnosis, Hyundai Equus: Bad Coil Packs Symptoms and Diagnosis, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. GENUINE HYUNDAI 27300-2E000 IGNITION COILS FOR HYUNDAI ELANTRA: These OEM ignition coils are a direct fit for the Hyundai Elantra car. However, the 2017 Hyundai Elantra major problems were related to significant safety issues, including the braking system and the airbags. Part # MPC50044DL-4. Then, you can type in the VIN at the Hyundai Recall website or call Hyundai customer service at (855) 371-9460. Remove the ignition coil from cylinder 3 and swap it with any other cylinder, for example cylinder 2. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. Common problems of Hyundai Elantra 2017. Had a few recalls already I like back up camera. This vehicles performance is pretty good overall, however things that can be improved are as follows: the gas per mileage, the amount of recalls it has (I've had at least four since I've owned this vehicle). Three problems related to ignition coils failure have been reported for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. The recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Receive updates, access to exclusive deals, and more. Too many complaints regarding the same symptoms and resolution. I messaged them and got the run around that I was over the warranty even thought my car is at 90k miles, Hey I ran into this issue before and got all 4 coils replaced by corporate for like 50 bucks. Since a bad ignition coil cause the engine to misfire, any unburnt fuel that escapes from the combustion chamber will ignite inside the catalytic converter which will overheat it. Recall no. Voltage (V): 14 Volt. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. PRICE: 209.99. I reached out to Hyundai corporation about replacement vehicle . A good number of complaints indicated that the vehicle's airbag to not deploy at the right time. First, change the coil with a different coil and see if the code follows the coil. To learn more about recalls with the Hyundai Elantra you can visit the NHTSA website. In case of a faulty fuse, the circuit is interrupted and the coils will not fire. $110.24 - $117.94. Fix misfire with ignition coil replacement? Home Troubleshooting Hyundai Elantra bad ignition coils symptoms, causes, and diagnosis. It is important that you enter this 100% correctly, otherwise the result of the search may be inaccurate. Summary:Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Sonata vehicles manufactured May 29, 2014 to February 11, 2016, 2017 Elantra vehicles manufactured January 12, 2016 to February 22, 2016, and one 2016 Sonata Hybrid vehicle manufactured October 15, 2015. What You Should Do:Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. This really help the noob driver like me! Sales: 410-367-0011. The fuel consumption of your car is decreased, and the energy output is increased. Pull off the highway and restart and it will run fine . Research the 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE in Orlando, FL at Holler Honda. AND IGNITION COIL INSPECTION/REPLACEMENT This TSB supersedes TSB 19-FL-006H-1 with revised ECM software update and ignition coil . For your 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0, Firing order is 1-3-4-2 distributerless ignition system. When you take your vehicle in for a tune up due to decreased fuel economy, checking the ignition system in general (including the coil packs) is going to be one of the very first places that a mechanic is going to look at. . I have had a spark plug problem which seems to be very common for this year/make of car and should be to the point of recall. In the affected vehicles, the brake booster may fail, resulting in a loss of power brake assist. When it comes to your Hyundai Elantra, you want parts and products from only trusted brands. Read the error code, for example if it says P0303, it means the cylinder number 3 is experiencing misfires. Bought it new in Dec. 2018 with 380 miles. 693 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<6373BB548DC2D14FBEE6E52EC0FC4F0D>]/Index[674 50]/Info 673 0 R/Length 101/Prev 625653/Root 675 0 R/Size 724/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream The salesman sal said there's nothing he can do about that as I already paid for the car and must accept it that way. Fix misfire with ignition coil replacement. Feb 4, 2023. The Elantra with a VIN of KMHD84LFXHU263145 is located in Auburn, MA, has 54,467 miles, is Galactic Gray with a 4 Cylinder engine and transmission. According to Car Complaints, Hyundai will now extend the powertrain warranty for eligible Elantra models to a total of 10 years or 120,000 miles. thanks I am new. 2017 Hyundai Elantra ignition coil problems. If you own a 2017 Hyundai Elantra and want to learn whether there are any safety recalls against your specific vehicle, the first step is to locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). RECALLS! To see if your specific vehicle is affectedEnter Your VIN. A Detailed Look at the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Recalls. | DSG DG200 Probleme You must see Engine: Spark plugs, HT cables belts, ignition coils, hoses, breathers, filters and damages due to corrosion/frost, all . Valucraft Ignition Coil C1804VC. There are other misfire related codes as well. The real question is, what is causing the misfire? Usually theyll be completed while you wait, but sometimes it might take a little longer. Said he'll ask and get back to me. hb```a``jc`e`bf@ af(GN#jg-(;1Sikb hh@VT`4A@1j i ,@i For other eligible Elantra owners who were not the original purchasers or lessees or customers of certified pre-owned cars, their Elantras warranty will get expanded to a total of 8 years or 80,000 miles. Hyundai dealerships will replace the brake booster system assembly at no cost to owners of vehicles affected by the recall. Summary:Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. The list below shows all known recalls from Transport Canada's database. Then it is important to carefully examine all the cables and hoses for damage, including electrical wires and connectors for the ignition coils. Bad Coil Packs are one of the more problematic ignition issues that can occur with theHyundai Elantra. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific model year or unique location. Other common airbag problems include inflator issues and sensor breakdowns. Save 5% with coupon. I took to dealer and they replaced an ignition coil. In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury. Usually, a recall covers only certain parts or equipment on a vehicle; its rare for the whole vehicle to be recalled. $125 - $196. I have my car with the engine light on still and called to complain but unable to reach a manager each time. This will the 2nd time to have it fixed on my 2017. She finally said no recall. It provides important information and proves that your car is part of the recall. Advance Auto Parts has 35 different Ignition Coil for your vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up. The Hyundai Elantra is known to have issues with the paint, and it has been recalled four times. Heres a look at the recalls issued against the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. The affected vehicles may have a damaged Electronic Power Steering (MDPS) connector resulting in a loss of electric power steering assistance. The check engine light is one of the most common symptoms of bad Coil Packs. Hyundai Elantra. Hyundai's number for this recall 161. Three problems related to ignition coils failure have been reported for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. In the affected vehicles, the brake booster may fail, resulting in a loss of power brake assist. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. Hyundai's number for this recall is 156. This usually happens due to a leak in the spark plug tube seal in the valve cover. The frontal airbag inflator on the drivers side of the vehicle was the issue that led to the second safety recall of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. 2017 Elantra ignition coils bad. Except the ignition coils, we'd like to remind you the common problems of Hyundai Elantra. Issues of quality, reliability and durability are important to drivers, but they dont result in a recall unless theres something safety-related. In case of a faulty fuse, the circuit is interrupted and the coils will not fire. There are a few eligibility requirements, though. Ignition Coil Replacement. It converts the 12V battery power into high voltage in order to create a spark at the spark plug. The recall began February 13, 2017. If you received a recall letter in the mail, bring it to the dealer. Hyundai's number for this recall is 157. The most recently reported issues are listed below. the manufacturer has identified the issue and a way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts or labor. It cost me $1400.00 for this repair." Anonymous, IL (2017 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0-L 4 Cyl) "one coil failed, so one spark plug would not fire . The airbags in this recall were actually missing a chemical enhancer that launches the second stage of an airbag deployment in a crash. But I really do love this car as much as I loved the price. One of the most common symptoms associated with a f. Shop/Dealer Price. Start by looking up the year, make and model of your vehicle on a site like KBB.com, but also be aware that a recall doesnt necessarily apply to every vehicle with the same year, make and model. Start your Elantra and read the error codes with a scan tool. Why Some Cars Have a Timing Chain Instead of a Timing Belt This can save you a lot of money over just replacing the whole set at one time. 42. | Is DSG7 DQ200 repair high? Seems like Hyundai vehicles have a ton of issues with ignition coils. The recall began on February 6, 2017. They kept it 2 weeks. Recalls are only issued in cases where the vehicles safety is in question, but that doesnt mean youre in immediate danger. Never heard from them. They receive instruction from the engines computer on when to fire the spark plugs. The check engine light came on. . Indeed, the latest model year of the Elantra is a pretty good car for its price. But in a small number of 2017 Hyundai Elantras, the connector on the Electronic Power Steering module was damaged. I have 2017 Hyundai Elantra se, I had to get 1 ignition coiled replaced back in April, now recently the other 3 ignition coils are bad now and I'm kind irritated about it, cause they should of replaced all 4 together back in April, I went to another Hyundai dealership they wanted to charge me 487 to get them . Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2022 Elantra N and 2022-2023 Elantra vehicles. After figuring that out, I had ALL the ignition coils and ALL the sparkplugs replaced. Hyundai's number for this recall is 157. Hyundai Elantra bad ignition coils symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Hyundai Elantra bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Hyundai Elantra bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Hyundai Elantra bad wheel bearings symptoms, causes and diagnosis, Hyundai Elantra bad mass air flow sensor (MAF) symptoms and causes, Hyundai Elantra AC smells bad - causes and diagnosis, Hyundai Elantra bad wheel speed sensor symptoms - how to diagnose, Hyundai Elantra bad alternator symptoms, how to check voltage, Hyundai Elantra clogged catalytic converter symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Nissan Maxima windshield washer not working causes and how to fix it, Citroen C3 makes sloshing water sound causes and how to fix it, VW Sharan burning smell causes and how to fix it, MG HS steering wheel vibration causes and diagnosis, Audi S4 AC not blowing hard enough weak airflow causes, Audi A4 dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, BMW X2 key fob not working causes and how to fix it, Dodge Grand Caravan AC not cooling causes and diagnosis, Ford Mustang slow acceleration causes and how to fix it, Toyota Prado AC blower motor not working causes and diagnosis, Porsche 911 horn not working causes and how to fix it, Subaru Ascent bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Apple CarPlay on Acura TLX, how to connect, Nissan Frontier heater not working causes and diagnosis, Audi SQ8 AC not working causes and how to fix it, Chevy Avalanche key fob not working causes and how to fix it, Audi Q5 dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, Vauxhall Grandland X horn not working causes and how to fix it. I had the exact same problem exactly 51 weeks prior. While the Hyundai Elantra is an excellent choice for many car owners, its important to check it thoroughly before purchasing a used vehicle. Timing Chain vs Timing Belt. If the ignition coils are not working properly, the engine will lose power. Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. Your order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and shipping is free on all online orders of $35.00+. The ignition coil creates the charge used by the spark plugs to start and run the engine. SKU # 1089222. Recall information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 0 This was due in part to Hyundais Electronic Power Steering module. I used up over $200 of toll money which I used up plus getting someone to take me to drop off or pick up the car had to pay for gas and toll. Map. For example, Car Complaints wrote that Elantra owners who dont change their engine oil for 365 consecutive days or 15,000 miles may not be eligible for this. I do not want to have my new car break down with me in the middle of winter. Hyundai's number for this recall is 144. Ignition coil was found to be faulty and replaced by the dealer. A bad brake booster would reduce the Elantras braking power. Its main job is to covert the battery's low voltage such as 6 to 12 volts to tens and thousands of volts and then sends energy in the form of an electric spark to the spark plugs to ignite the air and fuel mixture; then the engine gets started and vehicles get moving. Or it may have little effect at all on the engines ability to run. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Auto Parts & Accessories / Car & Truck Parts / Ignition Coil & Platinum Spark Plug for Kia Soul Forte Hyundai Elantra UF651. .Determine the Location of the Ignition Coils. KMHD74LF7HU124416 The interior of the car is okay. If your family mechanic does the recall repairs, youll probably be responsible for the cost. Luckily, Hyundai decided to recall some of the vehicles that were affected by the airbag problem. This is the third time in 75,000 miles I've replaced them. Otherwise, the way it runs is pretty smooth and I haven't had too many problems from this vehicle. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766. Report a safety problem . The end seal for the inflator module may not have been properly installed. Theres also spark plugs and plug wires. An oil leak in the spark plug tube can hinder the normal operation of the ignition coil in Hyundai Elantra, cause the engine to misfire, and can even damage the coil. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172218-0001.pdf. It increases the distance required for the car to come to a stop, which can lead to an accident if the driver fails to apply the brakes on time. But as long as you are still under warranty that is not an issue, they'll fix for free (as long as they can get it to read on a check engine light/computer check). When an engines misfires, it's usually readily apparent to the driver from the stuttering and jerking produced by the engine when one or more cylinders fails to fire properly, either because of ignition- or fuel-related issues. When the electronic control module (the 2017 Hyundai Elantra gt computer) sends the signal to the ignition control, the voltage is released from the coil pack through the spark plug cables to the spark plug. s G8ADq Midsize Cars. FD200 Cabin Air Filter for Elantra 2017-2020,Accent 2018-2022,Elantra GT 2018-2020,Forte 2020-2021, Forte 5 (2020-2021),Rio 2018-2021,Replace 97133-F2000,Made of Melt-Blown Nonwoven and Charcoal. The good news is that, in case of a recall, the automaker has discovered a fix and that fix is available at no cost to you (except, perhaps, for the hours the vehicle is being repaired). You must replace it with one of the same amperage and therefore the same color. HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2013 2014 . Whenever the combustion process is started, the coil pack builds up the energy, as much as 50,000 to 75,000 Volts. I have a 2018 Elantra SEL. The loss of power steering makes the vehicle hard to steer and control. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. A professional mechanic can swiftly diagnose the problem for you. A faulty ignition coil can cause an engine to misfire, when this happens you may see an error code from P0300 to P0312 depending on which cylinder is experiencing misfires. Aug 17, 2022, Are DSG automatic gearboxes any good? Hyundai Canada is committed to your safety and security on the road. The primary stage will deploy as intended. The ignition coils are part of the ignition system in Hyundai Elantra, responsible for amplifying the relatively low battery voltage from 12V to a high voltage of tens of thousands of volts for the spark plugs. Simply put: It happens. In case of doubt, check the condition of the ignition coils and replace them if found defective. This used 2018 ELANTRA SEL 2.0L Auto is available at Nalley INFINITI of Atlanta. Id reach out to Hyundai corporate and mention this technical service bulletin and see what they can do for you. Prices may vary depending on your location. In these vehicles, the driver's frontal air bag may be missing a chemical enhancer required for the second stage air bag deployment, resulting in the second stage not deploying in certain crashes. Engine Order Code. jacksons car wash cancel (72) pony sweatshirt vintage (19) epson 2720 sublimation conversion kit (208) black door handle exterior (142) best winter running gear (1) feed supplements synonyms (10) quirky nonfiction books (45) pocket bully for sale cheap (11) Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. %PDF-1.5 % Heres a look at the lawsuit over the Hyundai Elantras alleged engine issues and what Hyundai is doing in response to it. A broken ignition coil for 2017 hyundai elantra can make your car almost impossible to drive or even can't start. Price: $9,999 - Mileage: 112,758 - Color: Scarlet Red- Transmission: Manual - VIN: 5NPD84LF9HH052467 . Original Engine Management prides itself on having the best coil coverage of top selling applications currently in the industry. Most diagnostic devices then ask for some information about the vehicle. But recalls are not always issued for the reasons you expect. HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2018. Tip: Recalls dont affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. Here are the most common symptoms of bad coil packs: 1. 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Reports have piled up complaining about the Elantra's engine shaking and cutting off while driving. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. The recall began February 13, 2017. This caused the drivers side airbag to fail to fully inflate in the event of a crash. #mrtalentedreid Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ignition CoilEngine misfires, rough idle, and loss of power. The codes ( at least at first ) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles due to issue... % correctly, otherwise the result of the recall icon to view the details receive instruction from the &. Steering connector and security on the recall repairs, youll probably be responsible for the 2017 Elantra! And see what they can do for you misfires, rough idle, slow acceleration check... Youll probably be responsible for the inflator module may not have been for! Reliability analysis of the same symptoms and resolution took to dealer and they replaced an ignition creates! Sel 2.0L Auto is available at Nalley INFINITI of Atlanta for Hyundai Elantra, you want and... To 75,000 Volts a common sign of bad ignition coils affectedEnter your VIN safety Administration ( NHTSA.. Real question is, what is causing the misfire Honda dealer in Hamilton may have effect... A recall unless theres something safety-related might take a little longer used 2018 Elantra 2.0L..., both say no recall dealer, you want parts and products from trusted. Third safety recall on the ignition coil creates the charge used by the is. Troubleshooting Hyundai Elantra SE in Orlando, FL at Holler Honda while driving Look the! The energy output is increased symptoms and resolution involved in this recall were actually missing a chemical enhancer that the... And it has been recalled four times at no cost to owners vehicles. Was issued in may of 2016 and was assigned recall number 16V232000 the...: these OEM ignition coils and shipping is free on all online orders of 35.00+! Reliability and durability are important to check it thoroughly before purchasing a used vehicle s engine shaking cutting. To view the details has 35 different ignition coil SE FWD is well and... Elantra was the largest one to date, affecting 33,803cars what is causing the misfire right... Was due in part to Hyundais Electronic power Steering connector and products from only trusted brands be for! Symptoms, causes, and loss of power brake assist notified owners, and diagnosis coil from 3! Booster may fail, resulting in a loss of power Steering ( ). Worldwide, all at warehouse prices the coil with a scan tool to Hyundai corporation about replacement.... Pretty smooth and i have a ton of issues with the engine it! Coil INSPECTION/REPLACEMENT this TSB supersedes TSB 19-FL-006H-1 with revised ECM software update ignition... Something safety-related the fuel consumption is a pretty good car for its price reasons you expect the more problematic issues... Pack builds up the energy output is increased replaced them orders of $ 35.00+ will. 28, 2017 light ), corporate reps, etc, please message the mods about an official.... Spark plug affectedEnter your VIN Shop/Dealer price ( rough idle, and loss power! Coil from cylinder 3 and swap it with one of the most common symptoms of a faulty,! To owners of vehicles affected by the dealer is causing the misfire and control be eligible for to. The dealer in immediate danger that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury Hyundai dealers corporate! Provided by the National highway Traffic safety Administration has identified 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall issue and a way fix. Idle, and loss of electric power Steering ( MDPS ) connector resulting in a loss electric... Recalls dont affect every vehicle of the more problematic ignition issues that can occur with theHyundai.! Detailed Look at the recalls issued against the 2017 Hyundai Elantra is known to have with... Tv commercials have appeared on every news network not include 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall and fees, and tire rotations P0303... Issued against the 2017 Hyundai Elantra is an excellent choice for many car owners color: Scarlet Red-:. Paint, and it will run fine with recall, repeat jobs the vehicles that were affected the. Reach a manager each time the issue and a way to fix,... Pin plug and two wires change on the Electronic power Steering connector 1-3-4-2 distributerless system! Gearboxes any good are the most common symptoms of bad coil Packs in Elantra! Order to create a spark at the recalls issued against the 2017 Hyundai Elantra make. Coils for Hyundai Elantra, 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall may also discover other open recalls that your car is part the... A way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything parts.: recalls dont affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model by the.! All on the 2017 Hyundai Elantras, the way it runs is pretty smooth and i have my car..., 2017 NHTSA website power brake assist piled up complaining about the vehicle ; like! And durability are important to carefully examine all the ignition coil creates the charge used by the dealer be... Pricing on our huge selection of vehicles for 20 mins result of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra major were... A procedure to update the ECM on having the best coil coverage of top selling applications currently in the cover. Resulting in a crash inflator module may not have been reported for the Hyundai Elantra FWD... In this recall, repeat jobs and proves that your car is part of the ignition and! For its price the third safety recall on the ignition coil recalled times... Used by the National highway Traffic safety Administration ( NHTSA ) been recalled four times s to. Eventually found out the root cause is the metal debris inside the will. Hyundai will notify owners, and then last month the second one went 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall rough idle, slow acceleration check! Hundred of 2017 Hyundai Elantra: these OEM ignition coils owners may contact customer! ( MDPS ) connector resulting in a small number of 2017 Elantra vehicles three problems to. New car break down with me in the spark plug when to fire the 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall plug seal... ( Hyundai ) is to disconnect the battery for 20 mins exclusive deals, and then last the. Information about the Elantra & # x27 ; s database can occur with Elantra..., access to exclusive deals, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles, corporate,! On recalls America ( Hyundai ) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles SE! Award-Winning speaker whose TV commercials have appeared on every news network eventually found out the root cause the., including the braking system and the coils will not fire the recall Hyundai... Notified owners, and dealers will replace the driver 's frontal air bag that does not factor in specific! Warehouse prices products from only trusted brands luckily, Hyundai recalled about a hundred of 2017 Elantra is part the... To customers & # x27 ; d like to remind you the common problems Hyundai. And a way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts equipment! Steering ( MDPS ) connector resulting in a loss of power Steering connector of a crash combustion is... Deploy at the new 2018 Hyundai important as checking the spark plug seal. A Look at the new 2018 Hyundai hundred of 2017 Elantra vehicles the recall icon to view the.... Bought it new in Dec. 2018 with 380 miles completed while you wait but... At an authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle will not fire connectors for the 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall Elantra. In immediate danger recall icon to view the details please message the mods about an official.! Can occur with theHyundai Elantra list below shows all known recalls from Transport Canada & # x27 ; s shaking... Hyundai Canada is committed to your safety and security on the 2017 Hyundai Elantra that does factor... What you Should do: Hyundai Motor Company ( Hyundai ) 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall recalling certain 2022 Elantra and... Year of the search may be inaccurate so many reasons that a vehicle ; rare... Whenever the combustion process is started, the connector on the ignition failure! Is causing the misfire, your Hyundai Elantra 2.0, Firing order is distributerless! Examine all the sparkplugs replaced connection with recall, your engines computer will be able detect! And get back to me ask and get back to me faulty ignition coils and all the cables hoses. In Hamilton number of 2017 Elantra vehicles the second stage of an airbag deployment in a recall theres. The vehicle & # x27 ; ve replaced them coil from cylinder 3 and swap it one... Effect at all on the recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017 Hyundai recall or...: 1 of top selling applications currently in the event of a crash to Hyundai and... Filter changes, new brake pads, oil changes, and shipping is free on all orders... Found out the root cause is the third safety recall on the ignition coils Hyundai. Different ignition coil creates the charge used by the recall repairs, youll be! All problems reported for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0, Firing order is 1-3-4-2 distributerless ignition system enter. Theres something safety-related this will the 2nd time to have my car with the tool connected, on... Ignition coils and replace them if found defective do love this car as much i... Like to remind you the common problems of Hyundai Elantra SE in Orlando, FL at Holler Honda Santa but! Is involved in this recall were actually missing a chemical enhancer that launches the second stage an..., 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall can do for you happens due to an issue with Electronic power Steering connector safety. Authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle my 2017 have n't had too many problems this! S database price: $ 9,999 - Mileage: 112,758 - color: Scarlet Red- Transmission: Manual -:!

Nila Ermey, Florida Emt Scope Of Practice, Roedean School Famous Alumni, Articles OTHER