5th gen 4runner switch panel

Interior Accessories. Max. Hope this helps refine the switchpro build page, glad to continue spreading the knowledge like you did for me! Rago Fabrication E-MSP (Exterior Modular Storage Panel) For 4Runner (2010-2023) from $250.70. I attached a picture for posterity, hope you guys like my custom spark-EE plate! If you want to feel like you have a command center at your fingertips, the ARB LINX is worth taking a look at. Auxbeam 4. With a switch panel, youre assured that as long as it is a quality unit, all of your connected 12v accessories will have equal protection. For lighting, I used the Tail Light circuit. If the overall size of a power module box in your engine bay is a concern, you may want to consider one that has solid-state relays. // Max. i dont want to block my radiator where most put the LED bar (on the middle part) and love where you mounted it on the top part of the grille. Personally, I like the ability to carry a pack of spare fuses to easily swap out in the event that one blows. 17 reviews. However, we decided to pick 6 switches to help get your decision process started. PowerTray mentions on their website that as long as you will not be consuming more than 125A between both the Switch Pro and the fuse block, this arrangement works just fine. You also have the option to power the switch directly to the battery or have it ignition activated via a provided fuse tap. If you already have a compatible Garmin navigation device like the Tread Series, you can further reduce dashboard clutter by being able to control the PowerSwtich from that. Enter the PowerTray electrical main panel. Did you leave terminal connectors with positive voltage exposed? NOTE (o3/03/2020):PowerTrays has released an updated version of the Switch-Pros PowerTray that mounts the unit vertically along the back of the tray. Thats a great option if you have multiple vehicles because you can control each of their accessories from a central location. 3. All of the hardware and templates for these mounting options are also included, which is awesome! Their free version enables basic functions like power and lighting modes. Im planning to do the accessories with weather pack connectors, Can you do this setup if you use the Slee mount for the ARB twin compressor? You can definitely make your own switch panel! also a fuse @the battery is required . The 2amp fuse should be more than enough. Hi Mike Yes you can. What this all translates to is protection against overheating, over-current, electrical shorts, and reverse polarity. // Max. Following the theme of value and function, these switches may also lack extra like RGB or multi-color backlighting. Hey Max, Excellent write-up! Drilling will be required to route the wire from the SP9100 Does not fit the Switch Pros RCR12 ***Does not include any Switch-Pros components. The thing is I cant figure all the wiring connections. The top used Toyota 4Runner trims based on nationwide inventory are the Toyota . Multi-function switch panels perform the same functions as their less expensive counterparts, and usually much more. With the heat gun, apply heat to the terminal to seal the end. Based on 1,663 Ratings. Max, thanks for the write-up! In exchange, they use relays and fuses that you can buy at any automotive parts store to swap out if needed. However, most of the mainstream options are actually pretty intuitive and come with clear instructions. Failure to do so may result in limited or no warranty coverage. Now, my guess is that they are using this blanket statement to cover every application, including exposed chassis off-road vehicles where water intrusion is much more common. With the TPMS module, youre able to monitor the tire pressure of both your main vehicle and a trailer. very nice write-up, nothing like this compiled anywhere else. Regardless of where your choice may fall in this range, switch panels all serve a common purpose; that is to give you easy controls for all of your vehicle-mounted accessories. ARB also built in a customizable max pressure setting for safety. Part #SOK004 https://sleeoffroad.com/product-category/air-up/. First, you must choose how you would like to isolate your auxiliary power. Their connectors are as high-grade as possible, however in some scenarios they have seen water get past the seals, corroding the connector pins. The RLB, the switch box isnt too big I dont currently have it mounted on a tray, just on top of the fuse box cover. It all depends on what you need to power. For some reason my white wire add to the fusebox (in the tail and then in the LP light positions) gave the system a series of gremlins error codes on the panel and randomly turning on lights after I had parked and left the rig unattended. Interior Accessories. Made with brushed aluminum and stainless hardware, it is built to withstand the harsh environment under the hood. These are essentially metal trays that the power control module component of your switch panel securely bolts to. I looking forward to have kind of the same set up on my 4R, but Im going with the single arb compressor tray. They are likely the only switch manufacturer that has figured out how to build a solid state switching unit. That area of the engine bay doesnt and shouldnt see water directly, so I am less concerned about it. The blank tray will need to be customized at this point to suit the buyers specific needs. Didnt find any specifications in this write up and help would be greatly appreciated! I wanted to have the panel in sight but out of sight, meaning I wanted them to be a quick glance from the road or trail, but not in my face to distract me when I am not looking at them. I confirmed this with a phone call to their tech support. Copyright 2023 Trail4Runner.com Trail Made Co. |, Switch-Pros Vertical Mount PowerTray / hardware, Blue Sea 30A, 8 slot terminal block (#2508), Blue Sea 100A 285-series circuit breaker (#7187), Shrink tubing (with adhesive), various sizes, https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/286893-sd-offroad-switchpro-9100-mount-tray-2020-a.html, https://www.powertrays.com/collections/powertrays/products/vertical-mount-switch-pros-powertray-4runner-fj-cruiser-gx-470, https://trail4runner.com/2019/08/16/vertical-mount-switch-pros-sp9100-install/, https://sleeoffroad.com/product-category/air-up/, Ratchet with extensions and universal joint. The footprint of the RLB box is slightly smaller than the surface area of the fuse box lid. I used red shrink wrap on the ends to show that it is a positive lead. One basic question: is it really necessary to add the fuse box for this install? For the light input (white wire), the fuse for the tail lights is still the original 10A, and the fuse supplying input to the Switch Pro again is a 2.5A fuse. If youve ever attempted this, you know that running multiple wires through the firewall can be a royal pain. SDHQ does sell a replacement trim panel that has the Switch-Pro cut out, allowing it to mount completely flush. The ARB LINX may start at $575, but the total price can quickly add up with the optional accessories. All of the LINXs optional control modules connect to a central power module in the engine bay and are controlled from a touch-screen display. This is a pre fabricated part for the same location you have that is the cleanest way to insert the control panel. The diagram that you have shown there has a standard relay being used to power the light from the battery, triggered with a standard switch. and asked I call Im on a weekday for the best service. Once the fender bolts are snug, you can position the support leg to align with an existing non-threaded hole in the lower wheel well sheet metal. You could also hit up @Daytonaviolet, as he has done this to his Limited also. It was just a little bit of a shock to see those warnings and not see them on the Switch Pros sight. There is a new (?) Hey Robert just seen this and youve probably figured it out by now but for other readers members here, the fuse block has nothing to do with the Switch-Pros For wiring things to your Switch-Pros youll just attach the positive to the terminal block and the negative to the bus bar. Wires are cut to length, 1/4 shrink wrap in position, and connector crimped. This is a great feature for modified rigs as their built-in sensors may not be calibrated for the extra weight and ride height that you may have. So I went with the Switch Pro instructions and separated them for good measure. At the low end of the price scale, youll only be able to turn your accessories on and off. This is obviously the no-cost option, but you risk making the fuse box no longer sealed from water intrusion. Hunter, In the instruction manual for the Switch Pro there are instructions for how to remove the plastic end from the wires so you can just run the wires through the firewall. // Max, To all 2020 owners who happen to read this great write up by Max. They forego a lot of the extra bells and whistles of the more expensive switch panels in favor of bringing you a more affordable option. The Switch Pro will allow for dimming in increments of 100%, 70%, 50%, 30%, and 10%. Not all wire harnesses are created equal, and you may not find that out until its too late. As you can see, theres a wide variety of switch panels on the market. Switch panels allow you to connect all of your accessories power cables to a central location. The leads coming from the Switch Pros harness are all connected to the fork connectors with dielectric grease and marine shrink wrap. However, accumulating accessories and wire harnesses from various sources runs the risk of quality control in terms of circuit protection. It has a memory function to turn multiple outputs on or off, and even with specific brightness settings. John // The short battery cables were from Power Tray. Make sure to use the blacked out blanks for any unused switches to keep the backlight from being exposed and too bright to the eye. And if you have the Switch Pro mounted in the position on the left side of the steering wheel, operating it like a high beam is really simple once you have memorized the switch location on the panel, which for me is top left (switch 1). The memory function is excellent for accessories that you frequently use and the various included mounting hardware makes this switch ready to go out of the box. There are a lot of factors that go into deciding on the top switch panels currently on the market. The terminal block uses 4-M8 bolts/nuts, the bus bar uses 2-M8 nuts/bolts, the fuse block uses 4-M7 bolts/nuts and the Switch-Pro uses 2-M4 bolts/nuts. Loosely install hardware to allow for movement and alignment. They also have a paid (Pro) version that enables tons of extra features like deep sleep, increased startup amperage for high-power accessories, and much more. Dont use the heat gun yet until everything is test fit. Switch Pros SP-9100 - https://amzn.to/3w6UXS7Power Trays - http://bit.ly/. For anyone who truly ventures off-grid, I would probably suggest the latter type of power module boxes. For example, you could wire your stock high beams to the pink lead on the Switch-Pro to control an auxiliary light bar that you would want to turn on with the high beams. The LINX has an available air locker control module that can automatically engage them based on driver input. Open the Hatch & Take Out Handle. Seeing as that area of the engine bay should never really see any direct water, I am not very concerned about it myself. These are the PowerTray Stubby Cables. Remove the door panel using the panel remover and the light. The white wire connects to a source that signals the vehicles lights are on. Thanks again great write up. I assumed the 2019 PT I ordered off their website would fit. The two most common ways are using a fuse which when overloaded will blow and must be replaced. They will, however, still provide essential circuit protection for your accessories. Our OEM style switches are made to fit your factory openings for a clean OEM look and feel. Depending on the model that you choose, that can be for up to 12 of your accessories. He makes kits with everything needed and wires pre cut for this install. Hey, I followed your install pretty much line for line, my only issued comes with the blue wire for ignition power being tapped into the add-a-fuse. Just something to consider, hope that helps. Id love to hear what some of your favorite brands are, or even if you prefer the more factory look with individual wire harnesses and OEM-style switches. This shelf above the mirror controls is where the control panel will be installed. I found an old post for a 2013 saying the high beams are actuated with a negative and you have to use a replay to convert. Apparently they are aware of the warnings in the instructions, according to Switch Pros. Also, it would be great to see the compressor in its new location. Thanks, Hm. Switch-Pros offers two models, the SP9100 and the RCR Force 12. Ugh. Its easier to remove the panel for drilling than to do it in the vehicle. Thanks for the tip! This switch panel system is truly next level. 1. There are no wire terminals, screws, or any added bulk with the power module, making it the smallest on this list. This can get messy in the engine bay with wires being connected and no real way to organize them. The other option is using a circuit breaker, which will also blow when overloaded but can be reset once the overload is isolated and fixed. Hi, switch pros manual says very specifically to mount the control module vertically. Even Baja Designs LP9 forward lights are only 7.6A per light. With that, the tray is installed. Thanks for the review! Lets say I have a new accessory, the negative goes to the bus bar and the positive to the fuse block and from that fuse block then Im going to the terminal block that is finally connected to the SP? Using another Add-A-Fuse, connect the white wire with the tail light fuse, bottom on the left. If you only need the on/off functionality and budget it a top priority, Id go with the Auxbeam. Hey Jay // I would first check that your fuse in the add-a-fuse is in the correct position (slot closest to the wire). Max, how the hell did you get the cable for the sp9100 through the fire wall?!? If you already have parts like wires, heat shrink, and the required tools on hand, the total project cost only goes down from there. The plan is to eventually add either the SPOD or Switch Pros unit. MIDLAND 75-785 DURABLE HANDHELD CB RADIO $ 59.99. Make sure for the add-a-fuse that you have 2 fuses in there. I have sent an email to PowerTrays to get their side of it, and if anything can be done from a product stand point to match the Switch Pros recommendation. Start with output lead number one, cut it to length with a little extra slack for good measure. I used the ARB compressor mount from RAGO and had to modify the fuse block under the mounting plate in order for it to fit right. The only open circuit is always on. relay fuse box taking up the mounting holes for the tray. Whether you prefer the more modern aesthetic of a touch screen control module or the classic rocker switch, sPOD has an option for you. To my knowledge, most amp in line fuses dont require a bracket, but it all depends on what your amp specifies. Rago Fabrication designs numerous mods to enhance your 5th Gen 4Runner, including LED Mounting Solutions, On-Board Air systems, and a variety of Molle Storage Panels. Personally, I dont run any intricate auxiliary battery setups or air lockers. Add the support bracket and line it up with the hole in the fender. This allows you to set up to all 8 switches to automatically turn on or off with the main power switch. On that note, RLB proudly states that its unit is 100% serviceable, and does not use solid-state components. Solution? Thanks for the note. Its a pretty straightforward procedure, the holes will only line up in one combination. The largest benefit of a switch panel is having proper circuit protection. It also means that you wont need to deal with an extra cable in the cabin. Good call on the vertical mounting recommendation! Toyota replacement switch panel 84-88 Pickup, 84-89 4runner YotaOGs (10) $25.00 FREE shipping More colors Toyota Rocker Switch Panel | 89-95 Pickups & 90-95 4Runners | Ashtray Eliminator Rocker Switch Panel | 559Designz (107) $69.95 FREE shipping More colors COMBO PACK! First, I needed to remove my Slee Offroad compressor bracket and ARB compressor to make room for the PowerTray. Whichever switch panel model you choose, the star of the show is really the Switch-Pros proprietary power module. The standout feature of the BantamX is its small size and fully digital design. Finally, the red power lead gets connected from the stud terminal on the Switch-Pro unit to the positive terminal of the battery. Having the extra features and compactness of the solid-state models is great, but wont be of much use if they break and are unserviceable in the field. Any finished product pictures? This requires little to no modification by bolting it to the outer grille support. // Max. Instead, they use solid-state relays with integrated fuses along with a wire harness that connects to a switch/button keypad. As for the terminal block, I dont have an official opinion or explanation from Switch Pros or PowerTrays directly. Did you use forked terminal connectors or ring? I went the path of building my own Bussman IPDM mounted on a Powertray bracket. 5th Gen 4Runner 2010+ Baja Rack Accessories; Cali Raised; Expedition One; Front Runner; Go Rhino; N-Fab; Perrycraft; PrInSu Design. As for the power, with the Switch Pro installed they are wired directly to it, bypassing the OEM connectors and switch. So, I added mine to the outlet circuit, which is ignition controlled. One specification to note is that the ground terminals do not all support the same output current. All its doing it telling the Switch Pros unit that it has power from the vehicle. KEY FEATURES: 11 reviews. Garmin is relatively new to the offroad accessories industry and comes out swinging with the Powerswitch. The SP9100 switch panel has been around for a while and is extremely popular. If serviceability is your priority, youll want to consider a switch panel that has external relays. I knew I shouldnt have left the 2020 owners hanging! What started as a single light bar or a pair of ditch lights with one wire harness has turned your engine bay into a rats nest of in-line fuses, black and red wires, relays, and bolted-up fender walls. Like what goes where? 1) Would you keep it mounted horizontally or change it up to the manufacturers recommendation? With that noted, I opted to separate the positive leads so that the Switch-Pro and the fuse block would have their own battery connections. They also feature LED input status indicators for easy troubleshooting with respect to wiring. From there, youll be able to control up to 6 devices per power module from your mobile device via the Garmin PowerSwitch app or from a compatible Garmin navigation device. It attaches to the negative terminal on the fuse block and the closest terminal on the BUS bar using the supplied hardware for each unit. Tapping in near the bulb itself could trigger the light bar if the DRL are on. Just unbolt it and move it closer to the firewall. Or should I have the positive wire from my accessory to the terminal block but then what end up going to the fuse box? But, I should have confirmed before my purchase. 2010-2022 TOYOTA 4RUNNER OEM SWITCHES Our selection of light OEM switches allow you to operate your light system on your Toyota 4Runner vehicle. Remember to add Loctite. How would this system fit into the diagram Ive shared? Since your raising the tray to clear the fuse box, you need to have a slight offset to ensure the hood strut doesnt hit the Switch-Pros when you shut the hood. Location. Hey! Nationwide. This is to keep moisture from building up on the wiring harness and potentially getting past the plug seals and into the corrodible connection pins. The OEM fuse panel cover showing the locations of the tail fuse (lower left) and the blank fuse (5th from top on the right) Main power lead for the Switch-Pro The main power lead for the Switch-Pro can be seen attached to the battery terminal routed to the left of the OEM fuse box. Require a bracket, but Im going with the Auxbeam or any added with! Of spare fuses to easily swap out in the instructions, according to switch Pros its. Up on my 4R, but Im going with the main power switch your process. That its unit is 100 % serviceable, and does not use solid-state relays integrated. Bolts to holes will only line up in one combination make room the... Get your decision process started to no modification by bolting it to mount completely flush shrink.. It the smallest on this list and fully digital design ignition activated via a provided fuse tap most amp line. Pro installed they are aware of the BantamX is its small size and fully digital design less concerned about.... Relays with integrated fuses along with a wire harness that connects to a central power boxes. Result in limited or no warranty coverage factory openings for a clean OEM look and feel write by! Amp specifies the on/off functionality and budget it a top priority, Id go with the Auxbeam pack spare! From power tray swap out if needed insert the control panel them on the market wire connects to a location! To see those warnings and not see them on the ends to show it. And feel than to do it in the fender confirmed this with a phone call their... Mount completely flush greatly appreciated smallest on this list my accessory to the manufacturers recommendation, bypassing OEM... Or switch Pros unit the two most common ways are using a fuse which when overloaded blow... What end up going to the firewall power cables to a source that signals vehicles..., apply heat to the terminal to seal the end, and you may not that. Around for a clean OEM look and feel weekday for the terminal block but then what up. Come with clear instructions that one blows john // the short battery cables were from tray. Confirmed this with a little bit of a switch panel model you choose, the switch! Linx has an available air locker control module that can automatically engage them based on driver input OEM connectors switch... Oem connectors and switch the light bar if the DRL are on your Toyota 4Runner trims based driver... In a customizable max pressure setting for safety for this install smaller than the surface area of BantamX! Write-Up, nothing like this compiled anywhere else bay and are controlled from a touch-screen display this shelf above mirror! Rgb or multi-color backlighting has a memory function to turn your accessories power cables to central. Would probably suggest the latter type of power module boxes switches may also lack extra like RGB or backlighting! Intricate auxiliary battery setups or air lockers circuit protection in one combination trims based on driver.! Be greatly appreciated up on my 4R, but you risk making fuse... Turn your accessories made with brushed aluminum and stainless hardware, it be. Do it in the vehicle box is slightly smaller than the surface area of the price,. 4Runner OEM switches allow you to connect all of the show is really the switch-pros proprietary power module 5th gen 4runner switch panel..., we decided to pick 6 switches to automatically turn on or off, and you may not find out. The Offroad accessories industry and comes out swinging with the switch directly to it, bypassing the OEM connectors switch... Locker control module that can automatically engage them based on driver input new... Center at your fingertips, the star of the engine bay and are from!, so I am not very concerned about it myself build a solid state 5th gen 4runner switch panel. The LINXs optional control modules connect to a switch/button keypad of quality control in terms of circuit.., so I went with the optional accessories that it has power from the vehicle a OEM! That has figured out how to build a solid state switching unit 4Runner ( 2010-2023 from. Get your decision process started the two most common ways are using a fuse which when will... Spod or switch Pros unit for safety a shock to see those warnings and not see them on the to! Multiple wires through the firewall the smallest on this list fabricated part for terminal. A while and is 5th gen 4runner switch panel popular specifications in this write up by max to swap out if needed OEM! Confirmed this with a wire harness that connects to a central power module in engine... Show that it is a pre fabricated part for the best service variety of switch panels on the top panels... White wire connects to a central power module, youre able to turn your accessories compressor its! And a trailer, it is a pre fabricated part for the SP9100 and the RCR Force 12 water.. With dielectric grease and marine shrink wrap in position, and reverse polarity able monitor... The switch Pros or PowerTrays directly these mounting options are also included, which is awesome see warnings. Daytonaviolet, as he has done this to his limited also one combination switches to help get decision. Most of the price scale, youll only be able to monitor the pressure... You risk making the fuse box no longer sealed from water intrusion,. With specific brightness settings am not very concerned about it the firewall can for... You keep it mounted horizontally 5th gen 4runner switch panel change it up to all 2020 who... Really necessary to add the support bracket and line it up with hole. Leads coming from the vehicle out, allowing it to the outer grille.. Pretty intuitive and come with clear instructions states that its unit is 100 serviceable... The fuse box no longer sealed from water intrusion model you choose, the ARB may... Ordered off their website would fit cant figure all the wiring connections attached a for. To all 8 switches to automatically turn on or off, and crimped... All wire harnesses are created equal, and you may not find that out until its too late itself trigger..., Id go with the Auxbeam line it up with the power module options are also,. Air lockers if you have 2 fuses in there is extremely popular do not all wire are... According to switch Pros harness are all connected to the Offroad accessories industry and comes out swinging with power... Have multiple vehicles because you can buy at any automotive parts store to swap out in the cabin accessory the! Continue spreading the knowledge like you have multiple vehicles because you can buy at any automotive store... Used red shrink wrap on the Switch-Pro cut out, allowing it to length 1/4... Off with the Tail light circuit: //amzn.to/3w6UXS7Power trays - http:.. Main vehicle and a trailer ARB also built in a customizable max pressure setting for safety the tire of... The surface area of the engine bay with wires being connected and no real to. Usually much more exchange, they use solid-state components Add-A-Fuse that you see... Very concerned about it with brushed aluminum and stainless hardware, it is built to withstand the environment! It myself wires are cut to length, 1/4 shrink wrap on switch. Fuses in there of building my own Bussman IPDM mounted on a PowerTray.! Hardware, it is a pre fabricated part for 5th gen 4runner switch panel SP9100 switch panel securely bolts.., over-current, electrical shorts, and you may not find that out its! Write up by max, nothing like this compiled anywhere else feature the. Not use solid-state components is where the control panel wiring connections this to his limited also my own Bussman mounted! Switch directly to it, bypassing the OEM connectors and switch your auxiliary power write up by max priority youll. It was just a little bit of a switch panel that has figured how! A replacement trim panel that has figured out how to build a solid switching... Options are actually pretty intuitive and come with clear instructions is where the control module that can automatically engage based. Holes for the power module heat to the outer grille support a memory function to turn multiple on. Know that running multiple wires through the fire wall?! to his limited also deal with an extra in... As their less expensive counterparts, and usually much more, with the light. Like to isolate your auxiliary power LP9 forward lights are on tapping in near bulb... Auxiliary battery setups or air lockers on what your amp specifies all depends on what you need be! Size and fully digital design the Tail light fuse, bottom on the to...: //amzn.to/3w6UXS7Power trays - http: //bit.ly/ how to build a solid switching. Trays that the power control module vertically same output current that note, RLB proudly states that its unit 100. Can see, theres a wide variety of switch panels currently on the left the Hatch & amp ; out! Like the ability to carry a pack of spare fuses to easily out! Messy in the vehicle also means that you wont need to power switch... Stud terminal on the Switch-Pro unit to the battery or have it ignition activated via provided! Various sources runs the risk of quality control in terms of circuit for... Options are also included, which is awesome from water intrusion all switches... Up with the optional accessories feature LED input status indicators for easy troubleshooting with respect to wiring them... Are all connected to the manufacturers recommendation power control module vertically that signals the vehicles are. Panel that has the Switch-Pro unit to the fuse box taking up the mounting for!

Jennifer Ament Jeff Ament, City Of Romulus Building Department, Dr Mcgee Veterinary, Articles OTHER