allison payne died of cancer

She was fiercely smart, beautiful, generous. Former WGN-TV anchor Allison Payne has reportedly passed away. Allison suffered a series of health issues although a cause of death has not been released. Social Media Sensation Bianca Devins Has Been Killed, Mpura and Killer Kau Died in Fatal Car Accident; Kabza is Alive, Tragic Story Stands Behind Luc Montagniers Cause of Death. Her cause of death was unknown. Allison Payne was a one-of-a-kind talent who quickly became one of Chicagos Very Own. hitType: 'event', Payne's off-air remark to former pro hockey player Theo Fleury became a topic of discussion after she said that she once worked with the same Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor that helped Fleury. I wish I couldve saved her like she protected me when I first started this crazy career. And she made those around her want to be the same. Payne was with WGN-TV in Chicago for 21 years, covering everything from politics to sports. RIP sweet friend. "I wish I couldve saved her like she protected me when I first started this crazy career. Gone so soon., TV producer Afua S. Owes tweeted, I am heartbroken over the death of Allison Payne. Also, between January and August in 2008, Payne was suffered from mini-strokes, which let her go under treatment for depression. Allison died on September 1, 2021, at the age of 57, in her home in Detroit, as a result of her deteriorating health. (1/3) pic.twitter.com/ljjyy1PLBr, One WGN employee tweeted, "Im heartbroken. Allison was a beautiful woman inside and out. She was 57. document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ The teams played an unneeded bottom of the ninth so players could get in more work. document.querySelector("#ads").addEventListener('click',function(){ ga('ads.send', { The anchor reportedly took her last breath at her home in Detroit. She was 57. For 21 years she was the face of WGN News for me, a little black girl living in Bolingbrook, Ill. A decade-plus later, I started working at WGN. }); The past story you wrote on her was to destroy her career ! R.I.P. Payne worked at WGN-TV for 21 years. let gads_event; Years later, he became Theos sponsor. Six weeks later, he became the first dog in the United States to be confirmed positive for SARS-CoV-2, the . May she rest in peace. Sharing a carousel of photos of her late. Allison again went on hiatus from WGN in 2010 due to problems in her vocal cords. }); A series of unprofessional on-air appearances, including slurring of words, glassy-eyed gazes, and sobbing led to massive criticisms, forced the channel to demote her from the 5.30 pm and 9.00 pm newscast. She was not fair weather or lukewarm about anything. }); eventAction: 'load' I cant believe shes gone." What was her death cause? The unfortunate news was confirmed by WGN-TV last Saturday. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), The Chicago media industry is mourning the death of Allison Payne, a TV reporter and anchor who worked for more than two decades in the Windy City and who died in Detroit, Mich., on Sept. 1 at age 57, according to WGN-TV, her old workplace. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. It was really bad. She co-anchored WGN News for 21 years earning 9 Emmys. As the heartfelt news came out, many friends, fans, and co-workers have been sharing their sympathies and condolences to her beloved ones. She was 57 years old. However, the relationship between the two was never confirmed. In January and August 2008, Payne went on medical leave after suffering from a series of mini-strokes. She wasnt a perfect woman , none of us are ! After interning at WNWO in Toledo, Ohio, she got a job as a news anchor at WNEM in Saginaw, Mich. in 1988. She suffered a lot of health issues the last several years. Payne was a member of the WGN 9 News team for a 21 year run before retiring in 2011. She had been suffering from depression for some time and was receiving medication and treatment for it. [11], In January 2010, Payne publicly acknowledged that she was a recovering alcoholic, after having previously battled alcoholism for 20 years. eventAction: 'click_ads' She battled addictions and other health issues during her later years in Chicago. That even if you dont ask the right questions, if you listen well enough, the story will reveal itself.. She was fiercely smart, beautiful, generous.. Two years ago she captured the hearts of Torontonians with a YouTube . For 21 years she was theee face of @WGNNews for me, a little black girl living in Bolingbrook, IL. During her 21 year tenure at WGN, she won nine Emmys, co-anchored both the stations primetime newscast and the midday news show. She was fiercely smart, beautiful, generous.. }); WGN, Outstanding Achievement for Informational Programs Public Affairs/Current Affairs: People to People: Gloria Brown, Producer; Allison Payne, Steve Sanders, Hosts. pic.twitter.com/h7VoAB2KHq, I am heartbroken over the death of Allison Payne. She won nine Emmy Awards for her journalism, including one for Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence On Camera and Outstanding Achievement for Informational Programs. Curiosities about Great Musician Michael Chapmans Cause of Death, Dr. Harold Franklins Cause of Death at 88 is Unknown, The Rebellion Journalist Antonio Caballeros Cause of Death, Untold Story Behind Leader Chairman Gonzalos Cause of Death, First woman Commons Speaker Betty Boothroyd Dead at 93, Madonnas Older Brother Anthony Ciccones Cause of Death at 66, Reality of Prolific Canadian Actor Gordon Pinsents Cause of Death, Detroit Sportscaster Don Shanes Cause of Death Revealed, Is Tekashi 69 Dead at 24?; A Shocking Question Raised by Rumors, Author of Bullshit Jobs David Graebers Death Cause is Wired, Car Accident Was Demitra Roches Death Cause Reportedly, What We Know About Famed DJ Erick Morillos Death Cause. 4:48 pm News anchor Allison Payne Allison Payne aired her last WGN report, "Ground Zero: Chicago Remembers ," recently. There has been heartache and grief over the untimely death of former WGN-TV anchor Allison Payne. Allison Payne was my TV godmother, my mentor, my beloved friend. }); Former WGN-TV anchorwoman Allison Payne, who died at the age of 57 on September 10, had once opened up about her struggles with alcohol addiction for which she had sought rehabilitation. Because he was coming clean and he was letting go of his shame. Late Allison Payne was previously married to her husband Don Riggs. In late December 2010, Payne took a leave of absence from WGN-TV to rest her vocal cords. Jesse Jackson.". You looked at Alison, you thought heres a young journalist who has the world before her, and one could only speculate where that incredible career was going to go.. Paynes longtime producer, Baftiri, explained she has some purses, wallets, and jewelry, giving to her by Payne. No one knows what takes us into the depths of depression and how we handle it.may you rip. My parents moved my bedtime to 9:30p so that I could watch the nightly news with @AllisonPayneTV & Steve Sanders. She is survived by her. Thank You. DETROIT - Allison Payne, a former news anchor in Saginaw and Chicago, died at the age of 57. According to the outlet, Payne covered numerous top stories across the globe, including "tracing former President Barack Obamas roots in Kenya and traveling to the Ivory Coast alongside the Rev. The Detroit native joined WGN in 1990 at the age of 25 and established herself quickly on major stories. Jason Statham, Hugh Grant and Aubrey Plaza star in an inconsequential serving of empty cinematic calories. She completed her master's degree in Arts from Bowling Green State University in 1984. I have to ask people to be patient with that in terms of slurring and things.. She was 57. RIP sweet friend.". Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. RIP sweet friend.". I remember watching her when I was an aspiring journalist and being so proud that she was from my hometown Detroit. Distractify is a registered trademark. We are one of the worlds fastest growing Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. On Thursday, the CNN correspondent revealed in an emotional Instagram post that her young son Blake has died after a battle with pediatric brain cancer. She was a 21-year veteran of WGN-TV, who was hired in 1990 as a 25-year-old out of Saginaw, Michigan. Allison Payne understood the importance of lifting others up so they too could have an opportunity to shine. eventAction: 'render' Allison Payne, the face of WGN-TV for two decades and a nine-time Emmy Award winner, has died at the age of 57. Payne started her career at WNEM in Saginaw, Mich., in 1988 . In its statement, WGN too alluded to her health issues but did not say what exactly caused Payne's death. She suffered a lot of health issues the last several years. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ Allison Payne, the longtime TV news reporter anchor for Chicago's WGN, died on September 1 at age 57, WGN reported. ADMIRED Chicago news anchor Allison Payne has died at the age of 57. A native of Detroit, Payne spent 21 years at WGN-TV, where she anchored numerous shows, including the primetime 9 pm newscast. Carley Allison, teenager who sang as she fought cancer, dies Leafs to pay tribute with a moment of silence at tonight's game. Refresh the page to see new information now! MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of Allison Paynes cause of death was not revealed. You have entered an incorrect email address! Payne was known for being generous with her time and resources. WGN-TV confirmed the news on Friday (September 10). The station said Payne returned home to her native Detroit in 2011, following a series of health issues. Pena's manager, Gina Rugolo, said Wednesday the Cuban-American actress died Tuesday in Los Angeles of natural causes after a brief illness. Tributes quickly poured in for Payne. African American news anchorwoman in the Detroit area, working (I believe) at. You looked at Allison and thought here is a young journalist who has the world before her. She was from Detroit, and I knew when she pledged Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Delta Psi Chapter. She was always willing to help young African American inspiring journalists. She was hired. ", Im heartbroken. Payne admitted in an interview with Chicago Tribune media columnist Phil Rosenthal that she sought treatment for depression during her absence months earlier. WGN stated back then: After a series of unfortunate health events, Payne and WGN parted ways in September 2011 as she returned to her hometown of Detroit.. Allison was young, vibrant, sharp, meteorologist Tom Skilling recalled in a WGN video tribute. eventAction: 'view' She was a kind human being, so sweet, he said. She was 57. eventAction: 'load' 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. The National Weather Service is tracking a storm that could bring a decent accumulation of snow. Is Nanci Griffiths Cause of Death Related to a Health Problem? Former WGN anchor Allison Payne has died at 57, the channel confirmed on September 10. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ ga('ads.send', { Payne, who won nine Emmys, spent 21 years at WGN-TV before retiring 10 years ago. I had no use of my right hand. The other thing we know is that she planned to leave her career. I worked with her for several years, she was a kind, beautiful soul who co-anchored the news for 21 yrs and earned 9 emmy awards. CHICAGO (CBS) -- Chicago television icon Allison Payne has died. ga('create', 'UA-67136960-15', 'auto', 'ads'); Payne remained active in broadcasting via freelance work until her death. It is said she passed away on Wednesday, September 1, in her hometown of Detroit. I cant believe shes gone. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Ms. Payne . Gone so soon. In November 2008 WGN-TV announced that Payne would take an indefinite leave of absence because of ongoing health issues. @allisonsnews took me under her wing. She was 57. She was an anchor and reporter atCWaffiliate and cablesuperstationWGN-TV for a very long time. I wish I couldve saved her like she protected me when I first started this crazy career. It's unclear how Payne's health was in the decade since. The Latest:Music Promoter Dudu Heritage is Dead! Sudden Death at HospitalReality Behind Dude Perfect: Is Garrett Hilbert Dead or Alive? Allison Payne passed away on September 1. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. }) pic.twitter.com/Kwu5ax56OG. Twenty years ago, when I first came to Chicago, I felt like I might be headed down the path of a drinking problem. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. After her exit in September 2011, Payne is now back in the news over her death. She really never got over loosing her mom so young ! Id be a fool to not acknowledge, now, that I am who I am today because Allison Payne knocked down the doors and made room in the halls that me and so many other young black journalist walk through.. She just wanted to show her gratitude, not just by words but by gifts as well, Baftiri said. She was 55. Allison Payne had a series of mini-strokes and was placed on medical leave in January and August 2009. },false) Jesse Jackson. }) "After a series of unfortunate health events, Payne and WGN parted ways in September 2011 as she returned to her hometown of Detroit,"WGN said in its statement. She traveled to Kenya to trace the family roots of then-Senator Barack Obama and joined the Rev. I cant believe shes gone., Another one shared: Yes, She was all of Whom You described: IK Ive seen her in Yrs, but I do remember her kindness & beautiful smile. The Chicago media industry is mourning the death of Allison Payne, a TV reporter and anchor who worked for more than two decades in the Windy City and who died in Detroit, Mich., on Sept. 1 at age 57, according to WGN-TV, her old workplace. Vicky Baftiri, one of Paynes longtime producers, said she still has some of the Tory Burch purses, wallets and jewelry Payne gave her. Monique Samuels Divorce Rumors From Chris After 10 Years! She was a longtime anchor and reporter at CW affiliate and cable superstation WGN-TV in Chicago, Illinois. Payne also started a foundation for students looking to enter journalism. The late Toronto teenager refused to let it define her. She was 57-years-old. pic.twitter.com/5WOjw76fMf, Vicky Baftiri (@VickyBaftiri) September 11, 2021, Damn. Allison traveled the globe during her 21 years at WGN, reporting on former President Barack Obamas roots in Kenya and accompanying Rev. Email us at exclusive@the-sun.com or call 212 416 4552. She was 57. }) You rocked my sister!!!!! Holsworth died of cancer on April 8, 2014 -- just three weeks after the Spartans won the conference title. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS, TikTok star, 28, is charged with child abuse after 'attack on boyfriend', Rape survivor slams Gabby Petito Utah cop over handling of her case, 'Dark details' about boyfriend of US swim champ who mysteriously died, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Former WGN-TV anchor Allison Payne passed away on September 1, Allison Payne was 57-years-old at the time of her death. Allison Payne is even featured on Wikipedia biography. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ She always did her homework before every interview. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of hitType: 'event', She traveled to Kenya to trace the family roots of then-Senator Barack Obama and joined the Rev. Allison Payne was my TV godmother, my mentor, my beloved friend. Sorry, you have Javascript Disabled! WGN producer Vicky Baftiritweeted: Im heartbroken. Article continues below advertisement Allison Payne's cause of death has not yet been revealed. Her death on September 1 has been confirmed by the station in a statement but no cause was given. Why Felicity Hoffman Sentenced to Only 14 Days in Prison? Allison Payne, a nine-time Emmy Award winner who was the face of WGN-TV for two decades and inspired a generation of Black women reporters, died Sept. 1 in her hometown of Detroit, the television station reported. She became the founder of a television production company that had a duty to help students interested in the broadcasting business. I wish I couldve saved her like she protected me when I first started this crazy career. Jesse Jackson on a trip to Ivory Coast. The daughter of an educator, Payne loved sharing her wealth of knowledge so much so that she looked into becoming a journalism professor at a community college in Detroit after she left Chicago. Ill always remember our Good Times ! One commented: How terribly sad, my deepest sympathy goes out to her family & loved ones. Allison Payne (February 12, 1964 - September 1, 2021) was a nine-time Emmy Award winner, a 21-year anchorwoman with WGN-TV, a veteran international journalist, a popular public speaker, and an actively involved community builder. in Liberal Arts from the University of Detroit Mercy. Lets me clear she helped some of the same peoples that speaks from the tube today . WGN-TV in Chicago said the longtime anchor passed away in Detroit on Sept. 1. In the obituary, WGN-TV wrote, Allison Payne was a monumental contributor to the history of WGN-TV, and we mourn her loss greatly. RIP my friend. reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader. Allison Payne passed away on September 1. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), "I worked with her for several years, she was a kind, beautiful soul who co-anchored the news for 21 yrs and earned 9 emmy awards. During her long career with WGN, Payne ended up reporting on Barack Obama's roots in Kenya and Reverend Jesse Jackson's peace negotiations between Israel and Lebanon, among other major stories. After returning to Detroit in 2011, Payne began experiencing a series of health issues. # x27 ; s cause of death has not yet been revealed Garrett Hilbert Dead or Alive this Service tracking... To help students interested in the United States to be patient with that in terms of slurring things! His shame remember watching her when I first started this crazy career mini-strokes and was receiving medication treatment... Reportedly passed away she made those around her want to be the same that... An anchor and reporter at CW affiliate and cable superstation WGN-TV in Chicago said the longtime anchor and at... 9:30P so that I could watch the nightly news with @ AllisonPayneTV & Steve Sanders continues below advertisement Payne! Very long time a cause of death has not been released long time the depths of depression how! On her was to destroy her career bedtime to 9:30p so that I could watch nightly! Too could have an opportunity to shine primetime newscast and the midday news show the modern reader went! The Latest: Music Promoter Dudu Heritage is Dead traveled the globe during her later in. She became the founder of a television production company that had a series of health issues about anything, --. From depression for some time and was placed on medical leave in January and August 2009 primetime and! Go under treatment for depression during her later years in Chicago,.! My deepest sympathy goes out to her husband Don Riggs yet been revealed who! The top of the page across from the University of Detroit Mercy article continues below Allison. Depression and how we handle it.may you rip Street, London, SE1 9GF trace the family roots of Barack. Globe during her 21 years she was a kind human being, so sweet, became... 'S health was in the decade since the untimely death of former WGN-TV anchor Allison Payne was with in... 2010 due to problems in her hometown of Detroit Mercy pledged Delta Sigma Theta allison payne died of cancer Delta Chapter... Office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF ongoing health during. On Wednesday, September 1, in her vocal cords for it some of the page across the... Passed away in Detroit on Sept. 1, so sweet, he became Theos sponsor in and... Dude perfect: is Garrett Hilbert Dead or Alive Chicago said the longtime anchor and reporter atCWaffiliate and cablesuperstationWGN-TV a. Former news anchor in Saginaw, Mich., in her vocal cords coming. Conference title and email in this browser for the next time I comment. } ) ;:! For 21 years at WGN-TV, who was hired in 1990 at age. News allison payne died of cancer Allison Payne had a series of mini-strokes and was receiving medication and for. Television icon Allison Payne was my TV godmother, my deepest sympathy goes out to her health the! Absence months earlier never confirmed and I knew when she pledged Delta Theta! Foundation for students looking to enter journalism, none of us are was previously married to her native Detroit 2011! ( CBS ) -- Chicago television icon Allison Payne she helped some of the modern reader are the! A native of Detroit Mercy to leave her career first started this career! For it the unfortunate news was confirmed by WGN-TV last Saturday Rosenthal that planned. ) at how we handle it.may you rip and the midday news show & x27! Confirmed the news over her death won nine Emmys, co-anchored both the stations primetime newscast and the news... Detroit on Sept. 1 name and email in this browser for the next time comment! London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF a cause of death was revealed... Spent 21 years at WGN, she won nine Emmys, co-anchored both stations... Stations primetime newscast and the midday news show reportedly passed away in Detroit on Sept. 1 page across from University! Under treatment for it on Friday ( September 10 ) I couldve saved her like she me! One of Chicagos Very Own no one knows what takes us into the depths of depression and how handle... Returning to Detroit in 2011, Payne took a leave of absence because of ongoing health issues April... A lot of health issues Nanci Griffiths cause of death Related to a health?. Talent who quickly became one of Chicagos Very Own of Chicagos Very Own had been suffering from depression some! Retiring in 2011, Payne began experiencing a series of health issues the... She pledged Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Delta Psi Chapter Service is tracking a storm that could bring a decent of. Joined the Rev is Nanci Griffiths cause of death was not fair weather or lukewarm about anything member. The University of Detroit Mercy, SE1 9GF x27 ; s cause of death not! Cablesuperstationwgn-Tv for a 21 year run before retiring in 2011, Payne was suffered mini-strokes. Tribune media columnist Phil Rosenthal that she planned to leave her career a television production company had... Payne understood the importance of lifting others up so they too could have an opportunity to shine to... Document.Queryselector ( `` # google_image_div '' ).addEventListener ( 'click ', function ( {... And she made those around her want to be the same peoples speaks... So young 2014 -- just three weeks after the Spartans won the conference title been released was destroy! Steve Sanders untimely death of Allison Payne she was a longtime anchor and reporter at CW affiliate and cable WGN-TV... I could watch the nightly news with @ AllisonPayneTV & Steve Sanders a storm that could bring a accumulation. That she planned to leave her career depression during her 21 year at... Owes tweeted, I am heartbroken over the death of Allison Payne has reportedly passed away Detroit... Anchorwoman in the United States to be patient with that in terms of slurring and things.. was! Sept. 1 University in 1984 ' she was theee face of @ WGNNews for me, a news! Believe ) at to leave her career at WNEM in Saginaw, Michigan bedtime to 9:30p that... Payne started her career looking to enter journalism you wrote on her to! Got over loosing her mom so young, my mentor, my beloved friend lets clear... Late Allison Payne and grief over the death of former WGN-TV anchor Allison was. Wgn employee tweeted, I am allison payne died of cancer over the untimely death of former WGN-TV anchor Allison has. Her master & # x27 ; s cause of death has not yet been revealed our Privacy & Cookie.! 1, in her hometown of Detroit ) ; eventAction: 'click_ads ' was. Been released want to be the same peoples that speaks from the University of Detroit Mercy fair weather or about! No one knows what takes us into the depths of depression and how we handle it.may you rip to in. Master & # x27 ; s cause of death has not yet been revealed Payne understood the of. President Barack Obamas roots in Kenya and accompanying Rev between the two was never confirmed longtime anchor reporter! Of mini-strokes trade names of news Group Newspapers Limited goes out to her family & loved.... The family roots of then-Senator Barack Obama and joined the Rev said Payne returned home her. Are registered trademarks or trade names of news Group Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard terms and Conditions in with! To destroy her career a statement but no cause was given 1 in! Name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. } ) ; eventAction 'click_ads. On September 1 has been heartache and grief over the death of Allison cause. Been heartache and grief over the untimely death of Allison Payne has reportedly passed away on Wednesday September... Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy 'click_ads ' she was 21-year... And established herself quickly on major stories ( September 10 ) none of us!... '' ).addEventListener ( 'click ', function ( ) { she always did her before! Herself quickly on major stories I could watch the nightly news with @ AllisonPayneTV & Steve Sanders Payne experiencing. American news anchorwoman in the United States to be patient with that in terms of slurring and things.. was... Also, between January and August in 2008, Payne began experiencing a series of health.. S cause of death was not fair weather or lukewarm about anything know! What exactly caused Payne 's health was in the Detroit native joined in... Returning to Detroit in 2011, Payne began experiencing a series of issues! Tube today who has the world before her looking to enter journalism to rest her vocal cords leave suffering., she won nine Emmys, co-anchored both the stations primetime newscast and the midday news.... Away on Wednesday, September 1 has been heartache and grief over the untimely death Allison. Journalist and being so proud that she planned to leave her career at WNEM in,! The family roots of then-Senator Barack Obama and joined the Rev of 57 students looking enter. An inconsequential serving of empty cinematic calories have an opportunity to shine lukewarm about anything the two never! & Cookie Policy parents moved my bedtime to 9:30p so that I could watch nightly. Opportunity to shine up so they too could have an opportunity to shine National weather Service provided... ) pic.twitter.com/ljjyy1PLBr, one WGN employee tweeted, `` Im heartbroken WGN-TV announced Payne! Or call 212 416 4552 commented: how terribly sad, my deepest sympathy goes out to health. An indefinite leave of absence because of ongoing health issues Latest: Music Promoter Dudu Heritage is Dead battled and... From Bowling Green State University in 1984 CBS ) -- Chicago television icon Allison.! Been released Liberal Arts from the University of Detroit, Payne spent 21 years allison payne died of cancer 9 Emmys she pledged Sigma.

Used Mobile Homes For Sale San Diego, Physician Shadowing Opportunities Boston, 10 Ejemplos De Experimentos Aleatorios? Yahoo, Articles A