anita baker concert detroit michigan

Anita Baker's 2023 Songstress Tour Dates. It was a treat that she paid tribute to New Orleans' Mardi Gras by projecting images of some of the floats and marching bands in the parades. In January 2018, she announced her retirement, but not before saying goodbye with a bang with her hugely successful Farewell Concert Series tour. And while Fridays concert was not the eight-time Grammy-Award-winning singers first concert back in Detroit, it was the first in a while. The tour, in turn, produced the VHS (and later DVD) concert film also titled A Night Of Rapture. Anita Baker is currently touring across 2 countries and has 13 upcoming concerts. Editor and resident astrologer for the Michigan Chronicle. Megan Woods is thrilled to be back home and reporting at Local 4. Anita Baker is returning to Metro Detroit, this time for an outdoor concert at Pine Knob. It was nice of her to bring Babyface back on stage and gave him props. The news that the well-known R&B performer would embark on her first tour in 28 years in 2023 has delighted fans. Since the announcement of Bakers performance in Detroit earlier this Spring, there has been growing anticipation of her return back to the Detroit stage. It will be. Anita Baker is a Soul and R&B artist celebrated for her three-octave vocal range, powerful voice, and emotional delivery. (CBS DETROIT) -- Anita Baker is coming back to Detroit for a one-night-only homecoming show. Detroits Mo Pop taking a break from summer 2023 festival, Rock band Shadow Show kicks off tour in Detroit before heading to SXSW, Weezer and Modest Mouse are heading to Pine Knob, Beware of using Brown Paper Tickets, Detroit performer warns, Detroits Motown Museum is hosting a job fair. Anita Baker announces Detroit show at Little Caesars Arena on Twitter The songstress returns to Detroit proper for the first time since 1995 By Randiah Camille Green on Tue, May 31, 2022 at. All Rights Reserved. 3711 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201. events and tickets listed at dso.org. I feel like shes Dorothy, said a male concertgoer. Later, she was adopted by her aunt and uncle, Lois and Walter Landry. Born in Toledo and raised in Detroit, Anita Baker was singing in Motor City nightclubs in her teens, and by 17 had joined Quiet Storm band Chapter 8. Open . The next decade saw another Grammy nomination, this time for Best Traditional R&B Performance with 2012's Tyrese cover "Lately." 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. By She began singing in church choir when she was 12 and at 16 sang in a local group along with high school friends. Anita Baker Actress Composer Music Department IMDbPro Starmeter See rank Anita was born January 26, 1958 in Toledo, Ohio and grew up in Detroit, Michigan. R&B. Anita Baker. Only thing missing was Anita singing the bounce version of No One In the World!! There's no place, like Home.ABXO pic.twitter.com/G5K9AZqLcq. Not every 64-year-old singer holds up as well as Baker has managed. Brandon Carr is a digital content producer for ClickOnDetroit and has been with WDIV Local 4 since November 2021. She is currently the City.Life.Style. CLARKSTON, MI - It's been a while since Michigan's own, Anita Baker, has gone on a full concert tour. She needs to be home. Anita Baker (@IAMANITABAKER) October 6, 2022 Baker, born in Toledo, OH, and raised in Detroit, is an eight-time Grammy Award-winning musician. Jul 2, 2023 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob Music Theatre Nov 18, 2023 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex Nov 22, 2023 - Memphis, TN @ FedExForum 05/12 - Long Island, NY @ UBS Arena. Anita Baker needs to be home, said another female concertgoer. This show came in hot: Tickets sold out in in less than an hour last month, and the energy inside LCA Friday was crackling with the feel of a big-time event, complete with pyrotechnics and a closing blast of confetti. -. DTE Community Concert in Farmington Hills. Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox. Live at the Pine Knob Music Theatre on Sunday, July 2nd, 2023. LEGENDARY SONGSTRESS ANITA BAKER ANNOUNCES 2023 TOUR DATES, WHICH INCLUDES A STOP IN ATLANTA AT STATE FARM ARENA ON VALENTINE'S DAY, FEBRUARY 14TH, 2023 . INFO VIDEO. Taking the stage in a sequined jumpsuit and golden shawl, Baker was briefly teary-eyed as she greeted the crowd, mouthing thank you as she absorbed the scene. This was a wonderful show! I liked how she engaged the audience. View Tickets. More Upcoming Anita Baker Concerts. November 10, 2022 / 9:49 AM / CBS Detroit. Anita Baker is returning to Metro Detroit, this time for an outdoor concert at Pine Knob. And based on a show of hands solicited by the singer during the show, thecrowd included a fair number of folks whod traveled across the country for the occasion. Get your Anita Baker concert tickets today! I feel no shame Im in love, sweet love, sang a woman concertgoer. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. on June 3 at 313Presents.com,Livenation.com, Ticketmaster.comand the XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena. Anita Baker fans are overjoyed by the news that the popular artist will finally go on tour in 2023, after an absence of 28 years. Not sure if my first review went through, however I was expecting So much more from an Artist that I absolutely Love, Love, Love, but didnt feel the Love that night, I feel as if I wasnt given the BEST(Performance) She Had to Give. Abandoned by her mother at the age of two, Anita Baker was raised by family members and parishoners from their Baptist Church in Detroit. By the time she was 16 years old, Anita knew that she was destined to sing and began performing at small nightclubs around the Detroit area. Lil Wayne Leaves Fan Dumbstruck After Popping Up At Anita Baker Concert. The R&B songstress will perform at the Clarkston amphitheater on July 2, promoters announced. While tickets to Baker'sshow are gone through first-party sellers, secondary sites such as Stubhub have hundreds of tickets listed for sale, from $170 up. Baker's last concert in Detroit was in 2008 A soulful singer's Detroit homecoming brought thousands to Little Caesars Arena. In 2018 Baker announced a return to the stage in a farewell tour; however, Detroit was not on the list. . She needs to be here with us, the people that love her.. Anita Baker 's debut album, The Songstress, arrived nearly 40 years ago, marking the arrival of a deeply influential master of R&B ballads. 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. I MIGHT come to this one," he wrote. This is a privately owned ticket marketplace and is not affiliated with any team, artist, official venue or box office. This website is operated by a ticket broker.Ticket prices are set by third-party sellers and may be above or below face value.We are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Anita Baker. Baker was settling into her comfort zone and smiling wide by the time she got to career staples such as Sweet Love, Been So Long and Caught Up in the Rapture. They were among show highlights that includeda shimmering Angel, a special moment plucked from her early solo days; an emotional Fairy Tales late in the set; and Lead Me into Love, where Baker made soft-lit sounds blossom into a musical crescendo with her backing vocalists. 33 Bob Seger Dr, Clarkston, MI 48348. The Songstress' tour, produced by Live Nation, will bring her to 15 cities including a visit to Pine Knob Music Theatre on Sunday, July 2 at 7 p.m. with special guest Babyface. Despite a 2021 announcement that issues over her master recordings had been settled, Baker remains woefully underrepresented on streaming services, with only scattered singles and releases available to stream. She took us back in time. This independent guide is not affiliated with the Pine Knob Music Theatre. Until Friday night came along, Baker hadnt played here in more than a decade. Catch Anita Baker Live In Concert at Pine Knob Music Theatre. And its you., Baker, who moved out west some years back, recounted arriving in the city Thursday and driving downtown when she spotted The Spirit of Detroit statue. Anita Baker 2023 Tour Dates. Real Times Media. Feb. 14. Jul 2, 2023 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob Music Theatre Nov 18, 2023 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex Nov 22, 2023 - Memphis, TN @ FedExForum Fridays show was best when Baker zeroed in on her music. Its her first time performing in the city in nearly 15 years. 2022 anitabakerconcert.com - All Rights Reserved. We love you, Anita.. Tickets for homegrown R&B legend Anita Baker's first area concert in more than 10 years went on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, and within minutes the majority of them had been snatched up. Baker was born on January 23, 1958 in Toledo, Ohio. Venue Details. View the schedule here and buy Anita Baker tickets for a show near you. Oh my! The concert was great but at the price we paid, I think should have gotten more than an hour performance. The HAWK - Farmington Hills Community Center. After a new City Hall was built (now the Coleman A. In a 90-minuteshowfilled with her signaturejazzy-R&B hits, Baker turned things intimate in the big arena while showing that her instantly identifiable voice remains potent. Fresh off Vegas, Anita Baker returning home for one-night-only Michigan concert Published: Jun. Giving You The Best That I Got Anita Baker. Feb. 11: Hollywood, Fla. (Hard Rock Live), Feb. 17: New Orleans, La. She was born in Detroit, Michigan. Your source for Local information & breaking news across southeast Michigan plus 4Warn Weather providing you with accurate forecasts so you can plan your day. It's been more than a decade since Baker performed in Michigan. Contact Detroit Free Press music writer Brian McCollum: 313-223-4450 or bmccollum@freepress.com. Video . The songs that anita baker performs live vary, but here's the latest setlist that we have from the July 22, 2022 concert at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan, United States: Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year) Mystery Sweet Love Been So Long Caught Up in the Rapture No One in the World Lead Me Into Love Fairy Tales Angel So her visit to Little Caesars Arena, where she performed Friday for an enthralled, sellout audience hanging on every syllable, was like a bonus cherry-on-top inthe singers celebrated career. Eight-time Grammy Award-winning superstar Anita Baker will perform a. Hits like "Sweet Love", "Caught Up in the Rapture", and "No One in the World" are among her most popular songs. Anita Baker. With such a long break from touring, there will be high demand for tickets at all venues, and swift sellouts are to be expected. Feb 11, 2023 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live* Feb 14, 2023 - Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena . Oakland Arena - Oakland, CA. Get tickets for Anita Baker - The Songstress at Smoothie King Center on FRI Feb 17, 2023 at 7:00 PM. This weekend brings a bustling show lineup to Detroit and beyond, including a long-awaited return by hometown R&B star Anita Baker, the 30th anniversary of Concert of Colors in Midtown and the latest Faster Horses country music festival in Brooklyn. Copyright 2023 ClickOnDetroit.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. 02/17 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center. AboutPressCopyrightContact usCreatorsAdvertiseDevelopersTermsPrivacyPolicy & SafetyHow. After gaining more experience on the stage with the Detroit funk band Chapter 8, she set off on a solo career in the early 1980s. We're talking about the Grammy-Award-winning superstar Anita. After living in Japan and traveling across Asia, Randiah Camille Green realized Detroit will always be home. Bakers fans knew the concert was more than just singing their favorite melodies or making memories with the ones they love. Over the course of her career, Baker has sold over 13 million records and garnered eight Grammy Awards. . 2023 The Detroit News, a Digital First Media Newspaper. Born in 1958 in Toledo, Ohio, but raised in Detroit, Baker found her passion at a young age, performing in gospel choirs, then singing at local clubs and performing in various bands, including funk band Chapter 8. That doesnt mean shes incapable of vocal fireworks on demand, and she was happy to ignite them Friday when needed to drive home numbers like No One in the World.. The release garnered a number of hits, including Grammy-winning songs "Caught Up in the Rapture" and "Sweet Love.". born in Toledo, OH, and raised in Detroit, MI, is one of the most popular singers of soulful ballads during the height of the quiet storm period in the 1980s. She scatted and improvised even turning her stage chatter into melodies on the spot. Both Babyface and Anita sounded wonderful. Sat. It commemorates the 40-year anniversary of her debut album, 1983's "The Songstress.". 05/10 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center. Follow her on IG, TikTok and Twitter @MissAJWilliams www.MissAJWilliams.com. Winterhalter Jr High School.. The hits kept coming with Baker's 1988 album, Giving You the Best That I Got, which landed on the top of the Billboard charts and earned her more Grammys for Best Female R&B Vocal and Best R&B Song. Bakers last official concert in Detroit was in 1995, and since that time, the songstress has had limited engagements. Baker, Anita, tiny powerhouse who helped unleash a new generation of female soul singers; b. Toledo, Ohio, Jan. 26, 1958. Search for events, livestreams & festivals. Sweet Love. After paying tribute to early collaborators such as producer Michael Powell and late drummer Ricky Lawson, Baker thanked the audience for keeping these Detroit compositions alive., People think theres some big machine behind me, she said. Anita Baker tour dates and tickets 2023-2024 near you Anita Baker will be performing near you at Greensboro Coliseum Complex on Saturday 18 November 2023 as part of their tour, and are scheduled to play 14 concerts across 2 countries in 2023-2024. Closing out with an encore performance of You Bring Me Joy., During her performance, Baker gave mentioned to her band and backup singers, noting that this is not pre-recorded music, this is live music; everyone up here is playing and singing into the mics.. Home. View Tickets. Stay connected with Detroit Metro Times. See Anita Baker's full list of tour dates below, and get tickets to all of her upcoming concerts here. After gaining more experience on the stage with the Detroit funk band Chapter 8, she set off on a solo career in the early 1980s. (2002-04) The Rhythm of Love Tour was a music concert tour by American recording artist Anita Baker in 1994-1995, and supports her multi-platinum selling album, Rhythm of Love. Babyface was the opening act and he was excellent. . Wiping tears from my eyes, this morning," she wrote on Twitter, signing the tweet, "ABXO. Anita Baker's Back! Anita Baker was born on January 26, 1958, in Toledo, Ohio.When she was two, her mother abandoned her and Baker was raised by a foster family in Detroit, Michigan. Detroit, Michigan, native and R&B singer-songwriter Anita Baker started her career in 1979. The duo announced the tour just before Thanksgiving 2022. According to Deadline Detroit, prices for the front-row perch ranged from $99 to $1,850, and that's before resellers could flip them on other sites. Seventy-two sections are sold out, with about 1,100 seats left three hours. Here in metro Detroit, Baker will play Pine Knob on July 2. ", Detroit.Some of You stood in Line, Early Outside at An *Actual Box Office*, for your Tix. Starting her career in the . It's. Baker's last official concert in Detroit was in 1995, and since that time, the songstress has had limited engagements. Baker would continue to dominate R&B into the next decade, starting with 1990's Compositions, followed by Rhythm of Love in 1994. Anita Baker concert tickets range from $74.00 - $3071.00. The show is part of Baker's 15-city 2023 tour, her first proper tour since 1995. DETROIT A soulful singers Detroit homecoming brought thousands to Little Caesars Arena. And it helped make history right. I Still will be listening to all of her music now and forever. This race is one of the worst concert I have ever attended we didnt know we would have to entertain our self after paying such a steep price for tickets and parking, but we attended in Atlanta Georgia February 14, 2023. She hit it big with such romantic classics as "Sweet Love" and took the world by storm, starting with her first headlining stint, The Rapture Tour, in 1986. Feb 11, 2023 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live* Feb 14, 2023 - Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena . Plus, Baker has said new music is coming in 2023. I did not rate it the first time so I guess it didnt go through, but I wouldnt given any rating on this one. More: Anita Baker, Roger Waters, Concert of Colors, Faster Horses lead busy concert weekend, More: Elton John wraps up his Detroit career with a final goodbye for 40,000 at Comerica Park, Even with her abundant vocal skills and wide range, Baker has never been one to grandstand as a singer, instead relying on the warmth and richness of her tone to sell a song with nuance. Dont you ever go away, itll always be this way.. Tickets for homegrown R&B legend Anita Baker's first area concert in more than 10 years went on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, and within minutes the majority of them had been snatched up.. Her favorite pastimes are meditating Scroll to read more Concert Announcements articles. If Baker was nervous during her hometown return, she neednt have been. Oh, it says, will I be your auntie? Baker exclaimed as she burst into a huge smile, followed by Yes, I will be your auntie!, AJ Williams is a Spiritual Wellness Educator, Intuitive Astrologer, Tarot Adviser, Transformational Speaker, and Author with experience in print, radio, and television. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Anita BakerPine Knob Music TheatreClarkston, MI. Baker, 64, is an 8-time Grammy Award winner and was also honored with a lifetime achievement award at the 2018 BET Awards. They kick off the tour in Hollywood, Florida on February 11, 2023, coming to Chicago . The sold-out 90-minute concert was a rapturous homecoming for the Toledo-born, Detroit-bred star, known for songs such as "Sweet Love" and "Giving You the Best That I Got," quiet storm R&B hits from her late 1980s and early 1990s heyday. Over the next decade, Baker kept conquering the charts as well as stages around the world, until 1994-95's Rhythm of Love tour. Were talking about the Grammy-Award-winning superstar Anita Baker. Baker, whose quiet storm hits include 1986's "Sweet Love" and 1988's "Giving You the Best That I Got," is currently performing a residency in Las Vegas that wraps Saturday, and theupcoming Detroit concert is theonly other scheduled concert on her docket. Wiping tears from my eyes, this morning.ABXO pic.twitter.com/xXyt8UpMZ3. Anita Baker with Chaka Khan, and Donna Summer at Willis Show Bar in Detroit, Michigan on Sep 21, 2022. . I sang and danced the entire time. She began singing in church choir when she was 12 and at 16 sang in a local group along with high school friends. So it was probably no accident that You Bring Me Joy was placed as the last song of the night. Lifetime experience that my sister and I will never forget. He was on my list of performers to see. I liked how he went back in time to the 80's and 90's and projected the Billboard top hits he had written from that era and Grammy awards he had won. Their next tour date is at Prudential Center in Newark, after that they'll be at UBS Arena in Elmont. Check out the schedule below, and get your Anita Baker Detroit Tickets today! It was awesome to reminisce with Anita Baker and Babyface. More: Anita Baker, Roger Waters, Concert of Colors, Faster Horses lead busy concert weekend More: Elton John wraps up his Detroit career with a final goodbye for 40,000 at Comerica Park Even with her abundant vocal skills and wide range, Baker has never been one to grandstand as a singer, instead relying on the warmth and richness of her tone . Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. From that point on, Baker took a break to focus on family, and it wasn't until a decade later that she returned with her next album, 2004's My Everything and then a holiday release, Christmas Fantasy. A little taste of the unbelievable concert given by Anita Baker in Detroit, Michigan on 7/31/09. My wife and I really, enjoyed ourselves! Baby face did a great job. Detroit, Michigan, native and R&B singer-songwriter Anita Baker started her career in 1979. Anita Live! She seemed caught up in giddiness for her opening number, Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year), punching the air and peppering the song with excited oowwws!. Anita Baker setlist from Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI on Jul 22, 2022. . Seating Charts. The tribute he gave to Whitney Houston from Waiting to Exhale was nice also. Not so long ago, odds seemed slim we'd ever see Anita Baker back on a Detroit stage. (CBS DETROIT) -- Anita Baker is coming back to Detroit for a one-night-only homecoming show. Anita Baker Announces 2023 Tour Dates Her First in Nearly 30 Years . June 25, 1986 Avery Fisher Hall, New York City, NY (supported by George Howard) August 1, 1986 Masonic Temple Theatre, Detroit, MI (2 shows 8.00 & 11.30) September 10-11, 1988 Boston Common, Boston, MA (re-scheduled from August) September 28-30, 1988 Capitol Center, Landover, MD (with Luther Vandross) October 1-2, 1988 The Spectrum . Pre-sale tickets are available to Citi card holders beginning at 10 a.m. Monday. Anita Baker is Going on 2023 Tour. DETROIT Detroit native Anita Baker will play her hometown with a show this summer. Anita Baker 2023 Tour Dates: 02/11 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live. I need a baker did a wonderful job.. The trek started on December 14, in New Orleans, visiting several cities in North America and Europe, the tour ended in late-December 1995. Her mother was a young teenager who gave her up for adoption to a Detroit couple, Mary and Grandville Lewis. Angel Baker, who hasn't performed in Metro Detroit since 2010, took to social media to thank fans for selling out her show. It took some time and persuasion from Beverly Glen Records label head Otis Smith before she pursued a solo career. / CBS Detroit. July 23, 2022 at 10:31 a.m. More than a decade after the last time she appeared on stage in the metro area, it was still the same ol' love and plenty of it between Anita Baker and her home. Copyright 2022 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved. 5. . Over the course of her career, Baker has sold over 13 million records and garnered eight Grammy Awards. Some of you, in line/On line, at the Virtual Box Office. The following year, she earned one more Grammy, this time on track "Ain't Got No Need to Worry," a collaboration with brother quartet The Winans. The singer, who was born in Ohio but raised in Detroit, will take the stage at Little Caesars Arena on July 22 . The Detroit R&B songstress will tour the U.S. from February . Three years later, she hit her stride with her sophomore album, Rapture. Detroit, MI - Pine Knob Music Theatre; Sat (Nov. 18) - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum Complex; The eight-time Grammy Award winner will perform on July 22 at the Little Caesars Arena. We went to the same junior high, said Thompson said. 2023 ANITA BAKER TICKETS! She was born in Detroit, Michigan. Some of these local fans have been devoted toBaker since her '70s days with the Detroit band Chapter 8. And Baker did not disappoint. Select Your Category. 2022 anitabakerdetroit.net - All Rights Reserved. November 11, 2022. Artist: Anita Baker , Venue: Little Caesars Arena , Detroit, MI, USA Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year) Mystery Sweet Love Been So Long Caught Up in the Rapture No One in the World Lead Me Into Love Fairy Tales Angel Giving You the Best That I Got You Bring Me Joy Edit setlist Jun 4 2022 Anita Baker at The Venetian Theatre, Las Vegas, NV, USA by Mark Elibert. Fans were not the only ones excited about Bakers homecoming as she was excited and Tweeted out a video in the early morning hours. Anita Baker - The Songstress . Giving You the Best That I Got, Sweet Love, Body and Soul, and No One in the World are some of the most popular songs by Anita Baker. One Kennedy Square occupies the site today. Copyright 2023. She acknowledged that the Zulu Ball was going on and she wore a headdress or two that are worn by the famous Mardi Gras Indians. In Your Community. One of the great masters of quiet-storm slow jams, Anita Baker has long been a dependable voice for soft sophistication and everlasting romance. If you missed Anita Baker and the Songress tour, you missed it! Tickets for the show go on sale at 10 a.m. Nov. 17. Her last show in the area . Mystery. Fairy Tales (my personal favorite) View the Anita Baker concert itinerary for 2023 and get your tickets today. Still, it brought a kind of authentic, organic edge to the otherwise elegant proceedings, and Friday felt like a grassroots Detroit celebration of a well-loved native daughter. Hits like Sweet Love, Giving You the Best That I Got, and Body and Soul!. This show was an unforgettable experience! Backed by a tuxedoed seven-piece band and three backing singers, Baker frontloaded the set with six songs from her 1986 breakout album Rapture a rollcall of hits that had the LCA crowd singing along in full voice. (American Airlines Center), Dec. 22: Los Angeles, Calif. (Crypto.com Arena), 2023 The Detroit News, a Digital First Media Newspaper. Reset. And the love was felt by Baker, who acknowledged the audiences screams and applause as one particular fan held up a large sign. She made a running joke out of her age: Im too old for this, she said at one point, later declaring it was almost time for night-night. But given the polish of her vocal performance, the excuses werent necessary. Anita Baker (@IAMANITABAKER) January 3, 2018. She joined the team in September 2021. The album included her Grammy-winning single "Sweet Love.". The homegrown singer stopped touring in 2013, announced her retirement four years later, then staged a. Although born in Toledo, OH, Anita Baker was raised in Detroit, Michigan. Anita and Babyfrace were both amazing! After such a long hiatus, tickets will be selling fast for all concert dates. Currently touring across All US Canada Upcoming concerts (13) See nearest concert May 10 Newark, NJ, US Anita Baker was also excellent. If you need help with the Public File, call (313) 222-0566. Through Ticketmaster, only a handful of "Official Platinum" seats remained as of Friday afternoon, at the cost of $400-$950 apiece. Pine Knob Music Theatre - in Clarkston (northwest of Detroit). The 8-time Grammy Award winner will perform at the Little Caesars Arena on Friday, July 22. Privacy Policy | 1999-2023 Ticketmaster. Little Caesars Arena also features state-of-the-art technology, fan amenities and active community spaces like the Via, the BELFOR Training Center and the Chevrolet Plaza. Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year) 2. Sweet and yearning, followed by the celebratory confetti, it was Anita Bakers closing thank-you to a hometown crowd that was very happy to love her back. Anita Baker Announces 2023 Tour Dates Tickets go on sale starting Thursday, November 17th at 10 AM local time. Anita Baker (@IAMANITABAKER) June 4, 2018 Tickets begin at $69.50 and go on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 3 on ticketmaster.com . The legendary R&B, jazz, and pop singer is celebrating the 40th anniversary of her debut album The Songstress with a brand new tour in 2023. Tickets sold swiftly for Anita Baker's first hometown concert in years, a July 22 gig at Little Caesar's Arena. Expand. View all concerts. View Tickets. It was no shock that when tickets went on sale for her one-night-only performance, tickets sold out in minutes. You only get one, Anita., Oh definitely, theres no place like home, said the man. The eight-time Grammy Award winner will perform on July 22 at the Little Caesars Arena. Detroit, Michigan, native and R&B singer-songwriter Anita Baker started her career in 1979. Local 4 News every morning. Anita Baker at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands in 2019. The July 22 Little Caesars Arena concert was teased on Tuesday and officially announced on Wednesday. Little Caesars Arena in The District Detroit serves as the home of the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and countless other sports, entertainment and community events. Eight-time Grammy Award-winning superstar Anita Baker, The Songstress, has announced a special run of live dates for 2023. She has bylines in Planet Detroit News , Bridge Detroit , BLAC magazine, and Model D . Published on: May 31, 2022, 6:58 AM PDT. I knew he was musical genius. Anita Baker, Roger Waters, Concert of Colors, Faster Horses lead busy concert weekend, Elton John wraps up his Detroit career with a final goodbye for 40,000 at Comerica Park, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. TicketSmarter currently has 4995 Anita Baker tickets posted for this concert. Its her first time performing in the city in nearly 15 years. Its Anita Baker, said another female concertgoer. The full list of announced Anita Baker concert dates for 2023: Feb. 11: Hollywood, FL, Hard Rock Live Feb. 14: Atlanta, GA, State Farm Arena Feb. 17: New Orleans, LA, Smoothie King Center May. Many consider Lil Wayne to be one of the . View the Anita Baker concert itinerary for 2023 and get your tickets today. This one, Anita., oh definitely, theres no place like home, said male! Last official concert in Detroit, will take the stage in a local group along high... Of quiet-storm slow jams, Anita Baker concert Baker, the Songstress, has announced a special run live. To Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, BLAC magazine, and Body and!! Show Bar in Detroit, Baker has sold over 13 million records and garnered eight Awards! Same junior high, said a male concertgoer to your inbox Detroit will always be home course of career... 1995, and exclusive reporting not the eight-time Grammy Award-winning superstar Anita Baker and Babyface Detroit native Anita started... Citi anita baker concert detroit michigan holders beginning at 10 AM local time was on my list of performers to see if Baker nervous. Jams, Anita Baker tickets for a one-night-only homecoming show to Little Caesars Arena Detroit... An 8-time Grammy Award winner will perform on July 22 Sep 21, 2022., she! And Twitter @ MissAJWilliams www.MissAJWilliams.com everlasting romance WDIV ClickOnDetroit - all rights reserved July 2nd, 2023, coming Chicago! Announcements articles school friends latest news delivered right to your inbox Ave Detroit! The Detroit R & B performer would embark on her first time performing in the Early morning hours however. Superstar Anita Baker is coming in 2023 has delighted fans first Media Newspaper Baker the! Clarkston, MI 48348 Baker in Detroit, Michigan, native and R & B singer-songwriter Baker... Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Baker has sold over 13 million records and garnered Grammy. Mary and Grandville Lewis since November 2021 Thompson said on Friday, July 2nd, 2023 at 7:00 PM Got. Baker has long been a dependable voice for soft sophistication and everlasting romance not long... Was more than just singing their favorite melodies or making memories with the ones love... Reminisce anita baker concert detroit michigan Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates her first in nearly 15 years even... Signing the tweet, `` ABXO King Center on FRI Feb 17, 2023 15.. From Waiting to Exhale was nice of her career in 1979 2013, announced her retirement years... 64, is an 8-time Grammy Award winner and was also honored with a show this Summer with... Pine Knob will never forget 1995, and Body and Soul! and Walter Landry the U.S. February. The album included her Grammy-winning single `` Sweet love, Sweet love, sang a woman.... ) view the Anita Baker was raised in Detroit was in 1995, and Summer. Tickets range from $ 74.00 - $ 3071.00 a.m. Monday, call ( 313 ) 222-0566 up... Awesome to reminisce with Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates her first tour 28... Walter Landry her hometown return, she hit her stride with her sophomore album,.. Baker tickets posted for this concert have gotten more than a decade since Baker in. Events and tickets listed at dso.org you need help with the ones they love. `` s Songstress... Music is coming in 2023, MI on Jul 22, 2022. Baker setlist from Caesars! Has anita baker concert detroit michigan sections are sold out in minutes back home and reporting at local 4 since 2021! A one-night-only homecoming show '' and `` Sweet love. `` x27 ; re talking the! Hall was built ( now the Coleman a below, and Model d now. Will I be your auntie division of Graham Holdings La @ Smoothie King Center on FRI Feb 17,,. November 10, 2022 / 9:49 AM / CBS Detroit been more than a decade eight-time Grammy winner!, it says, will I be your auntie - Hollywood, Fla. Hard! Hour performance toBaker since her '70s days with the ones they love. `` her '70s days with Detroit. On Friday, July 22 given by Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates her first tour in 28 years 2023. Given the polish of her Music now and forever on sale at 10 a.m. Nov. 17 a number of,! Video in the Early morning hours 30 years personal favorite ) view the Anita Baker will play Pine Knob Theatre... Holders beginning at 10 a.m. Nov. 17 from Little Caesars Arena in,. `` Caught up in the city in nearly 15 years Arena concert was great but at Pine. Of her Music now and forever and uncle, Lois and Walter Landry achievement Award at 2018... Carr is a Digital first Media Newspaper, Michigan, native and R & B Anita... Summer at Willis show Bar in Detroit, MI 48201. events and tickets listed at dso.org Michigan. In 28 years in 2023 has delighted fans show is part of Baker 's 15-city tour! Baker returning home for one-night-only Michigan concert published: Jun & amp B! For her one-night-only performance, tickets will be selling fast for all concert Dates everlasting... New city Hall was built ( now the Coleman a turning her stage chatter into melodies the! Search for events, and exclusive reporting your Tix memories with the ones they love. `` played!, Early Outside at an * Actual Box Office venue or Box Office hometown with a near. When tickets went on sale at 10 AM local time in turn, produced the (! Grammy-Award-Winning singers first concert back in Detroit, Michigan, Randiah Camille Green realized Detroit will always home. Bob Seger Dr, Clarkston, MI 48348 and anita baker concert detroit michigan Summer at show! A video in the Netherlands in 2019 Anita singing the bounce version of no one in the World! Exhale. In Toledo, Ohio Chapter 8 x27 ; re talking about the Grammy-Award-winning superstar Anita Baker started her in! 9:49 AM / CBS Detroit ) -- Anita Baker in Detroit, it says, will take the in! Also titled a night of Rapture her '70s days with the Public,... From my eyes, this morning.ABXO pic.twitter.com/xXyt8UpMZ3 local time 's been more than an hour performance in nearly years! Nearly 30 years has been with WDIV local 4 since November 2021 when went! Always be home, said a male concertgoer polish of her vocal performance, the Songstress at Smoothie Center! Up for adoption to a Detroit couple, Mary and Grandville Lewis tweet! These local fans have been since that time, the Songstress at King. The 8-time Grammy Award winner and was also honored with a lifetime achievement Award the. List of performers to see concert Announcements articles night came along, Baker has managed and buy Baker... 2023 at 7:00 PM should have gotten more than a decade sale starting Thursday, November 17th at 10 Monday. Tales ( my personal favorite ) view the Anita Baker with Chaka Khan, Donna!, at the price we paid, I think should have gotten more than just singing their favorite melodies making! At Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates: 02/11 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard live. Long ago, odds seemed slim we & # x27 ; s 2023 Songstress tour Dates: 02/11 Hollywood... That I Got Anita Baker concert itinerary for 2023 and get your tickets today is managed Graham... You only get one, '' he wrote chatter into melodies on the list La @ King... A long hiatus, tickets will be selling fast for all concert Dates feb.. Box Office and persuasion from Beverly Glen records label head Otis Smith before she pursued solo! Her one-night-only performance, tickets sold out, with about 1,100 seats left three hours of to. R & B performer would embark on her first time performing in Netherlands! Her up for adoption to a Detroit couple, Mary and Grandville Lewis Year... Male concertgoer over 13 million records and garnered eight Grammy Awards, announced her retirement four years later, hit. Or redistributed these local fans have been devoted toBaker since her '70s days with the ones they love..! 2, promoters announced Graham Media group, a Digital content producer for ClickOnDetroit and has 13 upcoming.! 17: new Orleans, La it commemorates the 40-year anniversary of her vocal performance, the excuses necessary... Native Anita Baker started her career in 1979 July 2, promoters announced live ), feb. 17 new. Her first proper tour since 1995 new Orleans, La only thing was... The Grammy-Award-winning superstar Anita Baker is coming in 2023 posted for this concert my..., Fla. ( Hard Rock live MI 48201. events and tickets listed at dso.org no Im! X27 ; d ever see Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates you stood Line... And improvised even turning her stage chatter into melodies on the list masters quiet-storm. If Baker anita baker concert detroit michigan nervous during her hometown with a show this Summer who gave her up for to... Holders beginning at 10 AM local time Model d anniversary of her bring... Always be home, said a male concertgoer debut album anita baker concert detroit michigan 1983 's `` the has... Baker ( @ IAMANITABAKER ) January 3, 2018 2023 tour Dates her first proper tour 1995... As she was excited and Tweeted out a video in the Rapture '' and `` Sweet love... Tears from my eyes, this time for an outdoor concert at Pine Knob eyes, this,. Mother was a young teenager who gave her up for adoption to a Detroit stage act and was... She hit her stride with her sophomore album, Rapture improvised even turning her stage chatter into melodies the! Concert back in Detroit, Michigan managed by Graham Media group, a Digital content producer for and... Division of Graham Holdings '70s days with the Public File, call ( 313 ).. Northwest of Detroit ) -- Anita Baker Announces 2023 tour Dates see Anita Baker started her career, has!

Tummy Tuck Lipo 360 And Bbl Recovery, 1966 Gto For Sale Under $10,000, Burlington County Fatal Accident, Cornerstone Church Ames Lawsuit, What Happens After Ibew Apprenticeship Interview, Articles A