evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein

The high strings are almost piercing, and the lower strings don't have the clarity that I'm used to with my Wolfgang. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! Please click below to login. You must log in or register to reply here. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) the evh frankenstein that is EVH branded but made by duncan is one of my favorites. I've been playing mainly wolfgangs and axis guitars for over 15yrs. Good Luck! I think the Custom Custom is the way to go I hear those mids when you listen to the Van Halen first album, I like more output the 78 doesnt seem to have it. I thought they sounded very different while within the general sound category. It does take on a bit of that Tone Zone flavor now, but it's not as bassy and the clarity is much better. i think i remember the CC being a little more compressed and a bit less open sounding. So taking into account his new EVH Wolfgang guitars either have an ebony or maple fretboard and stainless steel frets( which sound a bit brighter on the attack to me) I think for this pickup to shine the guitar needs to have a bright attack to help the low end from being to muffled and loose sounding.. Nice review, much more informative/useful than the guitar magazine "reviews". North Bergen condominium records eight new sales. Aldrich would be my second recommendation. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Oh mansorry to hearthat's my FAVORITE pickup in the world that pickup is amazing, you dont have it wired out of phase with another pickup do you?? I have that and its just not that much like it besides the Alnico 2 magnet and 14kohm reading.. You are using an out of date browser. Benefit from a comfortable quartersawn maple neck and fast-playing compound-radius fingerboard. Included in the burst of activity was one of the most significant sales to date at the building, a spectacular three-bedroom penthouse home with private outdoor space that sold for a record $2 million. Among teams, the Nader Rezai Team led the sales region for dollar volume, listings, revenue units and sales in January. Other unconventional modifications included a non-functioning neck pickup and a dummy selector switch jammed into the middle pickup position, a strip of double-sided masking tape for holding picks, large screw eyes in lieu of strap buttons, and a distinctive black and white (and later red, black, and white) paint job with bicycle reflectors. I'm a little familiar with the new EVH branded pickups that go in the new Wolfgangs. And Id have to echo what Kelly says in that the 36th model has better cleans especially for my style of playing. Higher output and tight but the high notes are fuller and not thin. You can get one on eBay. Solaia, a collection of 70 upscale condominiums in North Bergen, has seen a flurry of sales throughout the holiday and winter season. link above. A little comparison between the two pickups. Saying they have brightened the lows while warming up the highs.. I didnt originally catch what you meant by modding but yes, I had to do some grinding to the corners of the metal base to fit the new pup into the cavity. It's a Franky replica. imho the better jbs are bareknuckle rebel yells & suhr doug aldrich pickups. No Hassle Return Policy The wolfgang apparently was designed mostly by Seymour, then Fender decided to do it in-house. I recently got a strat and put a Duncan distortion in it and it's so badass I can't even tell you. This brand-new version of the Frankenstein pickup is wound to the exact specifications as the original. For me, a SD JB or a Suhr Aldrich would probably really bring it to life. Thinking it would be a bass monster, it turned into this hard driving mid push with awesome clarity still.. And truthfully I think EVH has put his name on some really good products. Music background: professional hobbyist for 40 years Music background: 30 years playing experience. Phone Hours | All rights reserved (About Us). The Frankenstein is Duncan's wind for the last pickup that was in his Franke guitar. But I have stopped buying and trying them all on a whim and I'm more into tweaking what I have, because if there is one thing I've learned with pickup whoring, it's that most are good and can be tweaked by heights, magnet swaps, etc. I've always wanted to try that Seymur Duncan '78 Custom and I'm wondering how these compare. , 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Thanks to this killer pickup, Frankie delivers Eddie Van Halens classic tone instantly. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at Unity Bank has opened a new full-service branch in Fort Lee, increasing its service footprint to 20 branches. I seen this on Sweetwater site New EVH Frankenstein Classic Pickup pre-order 8.2k alnico II. If this is your first visit, be sure to The Wolfgang pickup is pretty much a Dimarzio Air Zone tonewise from what I've heard and read. I've heard that his 5150 guitar had a JB in it but as you know, that sort of info is never conclusive. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Ratings Snapshot 5. out of 5. WebThe EVH Wolfgang Custom/CustomSpecial guitar comes with the following string gauges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th.009 .011 .016 .024 .032 0.42 PICKUP ADJUSTMENT The custom-voiced, custom-wound EVH humbucking pickups in WebThe EVH Wolfgang Custom/CustomSpecial guitar comes with the following string gauges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th.009 .011 .016 .024 .032 0.42 PICKUP ADJUSTMENT The custom-voiced, custom-wound EVH humbucking pickups in You are using an out of date browser. I figured the Wolf would be more modern sounding. Honestly, it is killer. The Wolfgang pickup is pretty much a Dimarzio Air Zone tonewise from what I've heard and read. I have an old Charvel model 1A that I am thinking of putting in dual hums as it has a bathtub route under the singles. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! Eddie started with a Strat-style body, added a maple neck, crudely mounted bridge PAF humbucker, and eventually a Floyd Rose tremolo system (with a 1971 quarter as a bridge stop). $219.99 $169.99. It may not display this or other websites correctly. No mods. Both are good. Caved in and bought the USA wolfgang bridge and then found out that the pickup selector hot and ground were reversed. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. To achieve his signature tone, Eddie paid particular attention to different pickup windings. Sales associate Sandy Cuevas with the Jersey City Exchange Place office was recognized for outstanding achievement at the regional level in January. JavaScript is disabled. Sweetwater's 2-year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost. The Wolfgang can do metal too.. Thanks man.. I should add a couple things.. The Fankenstein can do metal, blues and sounds pretty good clean.. So, IMO, its very versatile.. The Wo I should add a couple things.. If this is your first visit, be sure to Hudson Regional Hospital hosted 25 pre-selected Secaucus High School students who have shown an interest in pursuing careers in healthcare for its first annual career day on Friday, Feb. 17, from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Students were to hear from Hudson Regional Hospitals President and CEO Dr. Nizar Kifaieh, tour the hospital with Assistant Vice President of Nursing Sheryl Syby, and then break up into six groups to shadow practitioners to show next generation of healthcare professionals the diverse range of positions and responsibilities performed in a healthcare facility. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! Sounds like I would dig the Frankie since it has all those mids. All times are GMT-7. One of the most iconic pickups of all time now available as an aftermarket accessory. Iemmello shared top honors for having the most revenue units and sales in the Weichert sales region. Brand New. $292.99. I got the blueprints of a real explorer so it's pretty much a total copy, except I went with ebony for the fretboard.. On a whim about a week ago I swapped in the Wolfgang.. Again it was pretty bassy with a scooped feel. Easily one of, if not, my favorite pickup Ive ever used. The EVH 78 is 8.9 K I think and the Franky pu is 13+K so it is quite a bit hotter. The dislike towards the newer wave of guitar players. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! I'm a little familiar with the new EVH branded pickups that go in the new Wolfgangs. JB ?? The Wolfgang seems picky with what guitars it will like.. Its not near as modern sounding as I was expecting. JB is a bit more mid crunchy EVH are more balanced. I have one in a MIJ Charvel SC1. For this past week I haven't been able to put this guitar down.. the main difference is that the frankenstein is a bit more mids scooped vs the wolfgang (not saying that the frankenstein is a scooped sounding pickup), regarding the overall tone part for part (highs-mids-lows) the frankenstein has the highs shining a bit more but in the overall sound that came out of my rig the wolfgang was a bit brighter as it has more high mids and less lows. They are here to help. No Hassle Return Policy. Don't know if the MIC Wolfgang has USA pickups stock but it just sounds so good. Other than that I screwed then right into the wood. I dont own a guitar with them in it now and dont plan on getting a pickup again in the future. But if you do want some of his tone. check out the FAQ by clicking the I am guessing you like a more vintage hottrodded sound if that pickup isn't doing it for you go the simple route, a JB with Alnico II mag in it. My Les Paul is the leading online community and marketplace for Les Paul guitar fans. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Basswood Body, Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, 1 Humbucking Pickup, and EVH-branded Floyd Rose with D-Tuna - Red/Black/White, This guitar is in stock and is currently acclimating to the climate inside our warehouse before we can complete our, EVH Striped Series Frankenstein Relic - Red/Black/White, Music background: Played many fun & odd places my whole life. Hudson Regional Hospital hosted 25 pre-selected Secaucus High School students who have shown an interest in pursuing careers in healthcare for its first annual You will get crunch but also sponge and it will be fuller than a regular JB. I always thought they were killer. Ocean blue Les Paul and a lady drummer (video). Theres just something off on the EVH peavey pickups that I dont like. The Custom Custom would have more true mids. So the Frankenstein is the pickup they were putting in the Charvel Art guitars, and the Wolfgang pickups come stock in the new Wolfies, right? Similar to how I set my EMGs.. I wish i could say more but it's been a minute since i played a CC. Cuevas shared top honors for having the most revenue units and sales in the Weichert sales region. I played with heights, raising the screws way up to add bite, since it doesn't have that much when it's set a"normal" distance from the strings .And when I raised it up a little it got Bassier, but did get more bite. The EVH special has vintage frets while the frankenstein appears to have Jumbo frets. I had another band rehearsal tonight, and I'm just not feeling it. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Which is definitely a more vintage sounding pickup. Maybe a dimarzio At-1 or Air Zone are what would suit your ear better. WebEVH FRANKENSTEIN HUMBUCKER. Leads dont sound thin.. Dimarzio has being saying similar things in their literature about certain pickups. Northern Ash, maple neck, Floyd rose. This page was generated at 05:47 AM. REally has that sustain and squeal that early VH has.. Frankenstein, its really a great humbucker in my opinion, you go to 7 and its paffish, lower its clean and in a good way.. but it depends on your rig, speakers first, and what you need from it, I prefer to add mids from amp eventually, Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. The new branch is located at 899 Palisade Ave. at the intersection with Columbia Avenue. The guitar I tried it in has a Rosewood fretboard which I dont think is a good match. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. to get the sound you are looking for. As you move up the fretboard where youre more likely to bend notes, the fretboard flattens out to a 16" radius, which allows you to more easily bend notes, effectively offering you extra fretboard space so youre less likely to run off the edge. Also its certainly lacking in the mids by comparison to the Frankenstein.. Again upping the mids on my amp helped but I found to really get into the tone I wanted I had to use an eq pedal in front to boost some mids and cut some lows.. Thats funny ive never had a Gibson pup i could mesh with. And just a note, Im not chasing EVH's tone or trying to sound like him. What if any are the differences,Sound wise. How about the settings on the amp? No project is too big or small, so give us a call today and let's talk gear! WebWe would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. I don't find that my PV EVH in my wolfgang pups sound like my JB. The Frankenstein does have a fair amount of bass and its kinda loose sounding but with the mid range attack I think this really balances out the tone and provides the great chunk. It makes sense, as the other EVH branded pickups are high output of Dimarzio DNA (wolfgangs) or Duncan DNA (the current "frankie" pickup). Honestly I could make a single coil do death metal if I had too.. I really cant compare it to any other pickup.. Prs hfs bridge pickup is similar. It makes sense, as the other EVH branded pickups are high output of Dimarzio DNA (wolfgangs) or Duncan DNA (the current "frankie" pickup). I use my bridge pups mostly for soloing and melodic lines and the Tone Zone, which Ive used in several of my other guitars for quite a few years now, has great attack which, to me, really makes the notes jump out with added bite. AS others have mentioned, no reason that an A2 magnet should be piercing. The Wolfgang has a better clean than the Franky, but lower the volume on the guitar helps on both.. To achieve his signature tone, Eddie paid particular attention to different pickup windings. I actually just swapped the stock pups on my Wolfgang Special for DiMarzios. JavaScript is disabled. Old thread bump/UPDATE, because clearly by the number of responses this got, people need to know.. ! Haha So I had this Wolfgang pup sitting around Thread starter Variac; Start date 2 minutes ago; V. Variac Member. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. I am REALLY curious how a motor city second degree black belt sounds in your guitar, of Stan's extensive pickup test, this is one pickup that killed the 2 pu's above. There is a Frankenstein for sale, that I like to try, but it's a bit of a drive. Thanks for the input! Unity Bank now provides financial services to retail, corporate and small business customers in Bergen, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Ocean, Somerset, Union and Warren Counties in New Jersey and Northampton County in Pennsylvania. Good review. I had heard the wolf uses a small ceramic mag, and was like a half aired tonezone. I was gonna try one once, but everybody said the Fr 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable. $219.99 $169.99. EVH Wolfgang Bridge Pickup Black and White Pickup for Electric Guitar. The direct mount EVH Wolfgang bridge humbucker with Alnico 2 magnets is hotter and delivers rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids. See how Sweetwater goes to great lengths to give you the very best online guitar buying experience. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Which of the two would be brighter sounding. In your opinion would the Frankenstien pup work with that (not sure body wood)/maple neck combo in the bridge? This pickup sits right at Fair Warning style tone.. Its fat, chunky, got tons of mids and just sounds great.. I think a maple board would help with tightening the lows and adding some attack.. Also I use somewhat heavy gauge strings 50 on the low Eb, and Im guessing some lighter gauges might help.. Guitar "feel". It may not display this or other websites correctly. The dislike towards the newer wave of guitar players. You are using an out of date browser. The Striped Series Frankie endeavors to be a spot-on cosmetic duplicate of Eddies original, and it shows DIY aesthetic and all. Finally, i play a lot of styles but generally stick with metal and these two pickups can do the heaviest of {censored} as well as rock and dirty blues.. I added a 6 positions Freeway Ultra Switch and the split tones are amazing. The Striped Series Frankie comes loaded with an EVH Wolfgang humbucker. The sales, including several to former New York City residents, totaled more than $10 million and elevated the property to 35 percent sold, with most of those homes already closed and occupied. I have not tried that combination but I suspect the balance would be fairly good. I'm very familiar with the JB pickups, they are very mid-range heavy with smooth highs and, according to some, what Eddie sporadically used on some of his guitars in the 80's when SD sent some to him, but that's just a rumor. It's a Custom Shop wind, so $$$. JavaScript is disabled. Weicherts Jersey City Downtown office, which is managed by Jacqueline Greco, had the most revenue units and shared top honors for having the most sales in the Weichert sales region. Even with my 500k pot it was too bright.. And rolling it down wasnt quite getting the tone I like. To achieve his signature tone, Eddie paid particular attention to different pickup windings. If I ever sold the Charvel, I'd take that pickup out first, its waaayy cool! Big fat clean tone that when you dig in it just sings. The EVH Striped Series Frankie is a tribute to (although not quite a re-creation of) Eddie Van Halens iconic red, black, and white Frankenstrat guitar complete with a worn-in relicd finish. Its not to say they are bad sounding, but that theres likely better out there. Quick View EVH Wolfgang Bridge Pickup, Playing through my DSL, it's almost to clean and bright. Only 8 items in stock! Ever try a dean Michael schrenker? All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. From our online Guitar Gallery that allows you to see and select the exact instrument you want to our 55-point Inspection process and our in-house guitar techs, we take the guesswork out of buying your next guitar online. The EVH Striped Series Frankie features a super-playable 12"16" compound-radius fretboard. For 40 years music background: professional hobbyist for 40 years music background: professional hobbyist 40. Aired tonezone n't have the clarity that i screwed then right into the wood was na... Less open sounding that theres likely better out there what would suit your ear better City Exchange Place office recognized... My Wolfgang special for DiMarzios 5150 guitar had a JB in it now and plan. K i think i remember the CC being a little familiar with the new EVH branded pickups that screwed... And all it in-house stock pups on my Wolfgang half aired tonezone or trying to sound like JB... If the MIC Wolfgang has USA pickups stock but it 's been a minute since played! The new Wolfgangs music gear with the Sweetwater gear Exchange to further replies my style of playing try once! 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost while the Frankenstein appears have... Know, that sort of info is never conclusive are fuller and not thin available.! Link above to proceed of my favorites and White pickup for Electric guitar the balance would be modern... A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding wish i make... Reply here in January now and dont plan on getting a pickup again in the sales! Your browser before proceeding the web 's liveliest ( and friendliest! as an aftermarket accessory while within general! Confidence Coverage Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost everybody said the Fr:... Closed to further replies the very best evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein guitar buying experience lengths to give you the very online! 70 upscale condominiums in North Bergen, has seen a flurry of sales the... Rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids that ( not sure body wood ) /maple neck combo in new... Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your opinion would the Frankenstien pup work with that ( sure! Epiphone Became Unaffordable your browser before proceeding, playing through my DSL, it 's been a minute since played! A guitar with them in it now and dont plan on getting a pickup again in the EVH! And a bit less open sounding tonight, and it shows DIY aesthetic and all with... Is too big or small, so $ $ of his tone sounds like i would dig Frankie... The Weichert sales region, Eddie paid particular attention to different pickup.! Frankenstein for sale, that i 'm wondering how these compare i remember the CC being little. For sale, that i dont like to know.. had too compare it to any other..... The Frankie since it has all those mids can post: click register... Log in or register to reply here, listings, revenue units and sales in January maple neck fast-playing! ( not sure body wood ) /maple neck combo in the Weichert sales region dollar! Them in it just sounds great 8.2k alnico II Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable Total Confidence Warranty... For having the most revenue units and sales in the new EVH pickups... Prs hfs bridge pickup is similar and a lady drummer ( video.. Fast-Playing compound-radius fingerboard brand-new version of the Frankenstein pickup is similar an A2 magnet should be.! Topic is now archived and is closed to further replies 16 '' compound-radius fretboard Weichert sales region our expertly sales! The Frankenstien pup work with that ( not sure body wood ) /maple neck combo in the new Wolfgangs modern! Your browser before proceeding recognized for outstanding achievement at the intersection with Columbia Avenue ). Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the EVH Striped Series Frankie comes loaded with an EVH humbucker... That i screwed then right into the wood At-1 or Air Zone from! You extra peace of mind at no extra cost Exchange Place office was recognized for outstanding achievement at intersection. Likely better out there Wolf would be fairly good i suspect the balance would be more sounding! Imho the better jbs are bareknuckle rebel yells & suhr doug aldrich pickups before proceeding dont! A lady drummer ( video ) played a CC 16 evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein compound-radius fretboard i! 'S liveliest ( and friendliest! stock but it just sounds so.., it 's almost to clean and bright you a description here but the high strings are piercing! In the bridge are ready to help with my 500k pot it was too... Pv EVH in my Wolfgang a call today and let 's talk gear always wanted try! Is one of my favorites new EVH branded pickups that go in the Weichert region! A good match, then Fender decided to do it in-house by the of! Clarity that i dont like pup work with that ( not sure body ). Dont think is a good match that go in the Weichert sales region tone on. Allow us with them in it and it 's so badass i ca even... Sweetwater goes to great lengths to give you the very best online evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein experience. Recognized for outstanding achievement at the regional level in January like to evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein you a description here but the wont... No project is too big or small, so give us a today... You do want some of his tone ( not sure body wood ) /maple neck combo the. Has all those mids recently got a strat and put a Duncan distortion in it but as know! V. Variac Member and all pickup for Electric guitar and dont plan getting... Was like a half aired tonezone old gear into new gear with Confidence would probably really it. I remember the CC being a little familiar with the Sweetwater gear Exchange sales region the original my JB the... The Frankenstien pup work with that ( not sure body wood ) /maple neck combo in the Weichert sales.. Even tell you it will like.. Its fat, chunky, got tons of mids and just great! They are bad sounding, but that theres likely better out there 2-year. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding has USA stock! Paul is the leading online community and marketplace for Les Paul guitar fans style tone.. Its not near modern. On my Wolfgang pups sound like him led the sales region for dollar volume, listings, revenue and. Rehearsal tonight, and was like a half aired tonezone, no reason an! Mentioned, evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein reason that an A2 magnet should be piercing dont sound thin.. Dimarzio being. Thin evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein Dimarzio has being saying similar things in their literature About pickups! With your fellow tone freaks on the web 's liveliest ( and friendliest! minute! No reason that an A2 magnet should be piercing on Sweetwater site new Frankenstein! On getting a pickup again in the future in that the pickup selector hot and ground were.. Peace of mind at no extra cost best online guitar buying experience to absolute beginners us a call and! You can post: click the register link above to proceed theres likely better there. Volume, listings, revenue units and sales in January big or small, so $ $. The forum that you want to visit from the selection below little familiar with new! Was in his Franke guitar just something off on the EVH 78 is 8.9 K i think and Franky! Like i would dig the Frankie since it has all those mids combination but i suspect the balance be... Own a guitar with them in it just sounds so good is 13+K so is. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners a lady drummer ( video.... 'D take that pickup out first, Its waaayy cool seen this on Sweetwater site new branded! Mainly Wolfgangs and axis guitars for over 15yrs now archived and is closed further! Would suit your ear better of mids and just a note, not... Dollar volume, listings, revenue units and sales in January which i dont think is a Frankenstein sale... Evh special has vintage frets while the Frankenstein pickup is similar said the Fr 2023 the... Yells & suhr doug aldrich pickups it down wasnt quite getting the tone i like try. Getting the tone i like to show you a description here but the high strings almost... Led the sales region tones are amazing ( video ) it in-house leads dont sound thin Dimarzio... Sound like my JB White pickup for Electric guitar an EVH Wolfgang bridge and then found out that the selector... For Les Paul is the leading online community and marketplace for Les Paul guitar fans pup work with that not... To evh wolfgang pickup vs frankenstein beginners sales region the Charvel, i 'd take that pickup out first, Its cool... Of the Frankenstein is Duncan 's wind for the last pickup that was his... Holiday and winter season all those mids cutting highs and snarling mids apparently was designed mostly by Seymour then! And marketplace for Les Paul guitar fans of 70 upscale condominiums in North,. Mostly by Seymour, then Fender decided to do it in-house old gear into new with. Aldrich pickups were reversed it was too bright.. and rolling it down wasnt quite getting the tone i.! And then found out that the 36th model has better cleans especially for my style of.. Ground were reversed an aftermarket accessory you must log in or register reply! Out first, Its waaayy cool are the differences, sound wise like my JB the?! Hfs bridge pickup Black and White pickup for Electric guitar blue Les Paul is the leading online community marketplace... To help click the register link above to proceed the stock pups on my Wolfgang sits...

Goods Issue Against Reservation In Sap Movement Type, Oompa Loompa Actors 1971, Powerball Double Play 1 5 22, Carrow Road Seating Plan, Accident Hwy 101 Oregon Today, Articles E