how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre

One word of advise to first timers though, make sure you're sat in the first seven rows of the stalls or the first three of the dress circle. I cannot honestly fault anything at all and we are going again for certain - it's the best show we have ever seen. We had hoped to see the incumbent Phantom, John Owen-Jones after being mightily impressed by his latest performances in the 'Les Mis' tour and the 'Three Phantoms' concert but unfortunately illness had struck and so with much trepidation we took our seats to watch his alternate Scott Davies. ____________________. I booked stalls seats H19 and H20 with a degree of trepidation given Adams seat review and that I'm 6' tall and 15 stone. Rachel Barrell is the best Christine I have ever seen, it was such a relief to see a real actress/singer after the horrors of Emi Rosum in the movie. Maximum 2 per person, first come, first served. We sat, on the recommendation of this website and one or two others, in seats 20 and 21 of row C of the Royal Circle - the very best seats in the entire theatre. This utterly detracted from the action unfolding in front of us as we were unable to focus or immerse ourselves in the performance due to the distraction of our pain. Multiple emails bounced between me and a specific person, wanting to know the date I phoned, the exact time, who I previously spoke to, the number I phoned from.. (all of which I was unable to provide) This went on for a week, and finally they said they were unable to find any trace of my call, as I was unable to provide enough information, but they did not doubt that I had indeed phoned, and that i was told incorrect information, and that they would refund me the full price of one of my tickets. The Musical which brought the dress circle forward, making it a pretty good location if you want to take in the production's set. Also, being the main theatre in Aberdeen all the shows are usually here so you don't have much choice. The drinks at the middle break were extremely expensive, but this is LONDON. Belonging to the 6 footer club, I have not yet had trouble fitting into seats at Her Majestys. Unfortunately this just makes it confusing and far too abstract to be enjoyable or helpful to the storyline in any way. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Still sorry he failed to get the girl! Rachel Barrell as Christine sung with considerable volume (but see below) and was the best of the cast. Tickets in the balcony seem to be a waste of money unless you can buy row.A #phantomoftheopera #phantom #hmtHave previously bought RV restricted view tickets and they were even worse. I do see the Monkeys point about overblown emotion: too overblown and you cease to care quite as much as you should about the characters As the climax approached I felt my eyes moisten and I was totally engrossed in the fine performances. It was rather sad to see a show I love being massacred. She fits the part perfectly. I never have a problem with legroom in the dress circle; I find the D/C my preferred place to sit in the theatre to the stalls. Our Valentines celebration was ruined by a) the restricted view we had from our seats on the back row of the Royal Circle - H17 and H18 and b) the intolerable heat. I am told by someone who saw the blond one, that they did not like her voice at all, so lucky me that I got the other one! Normally 67! Killian Donnelly as Raul was very endearing - he has a nice voice and his acting was wonderful (and what a lovely chap he is too in real life! It looked like there wasn't enough people to fill the stage and the grand staircase made a loud noise whilst being folded away, drowning out theorchestra. The only way I would go and see Phantom again is if I sat in the Stalls, but I'm not prepared to pay 50 for a show I didn't rate that highly. The rest of the cast were as usual fantastic. Katie's vocal range is out of this world and I feel so lucky to have seen both Katie and Sofia and could not choose who played it better! These are probably the most uncomfortable stalls we have ever been in but the view is excellent and the small theatre itself (looking from the stalls) is lovely, very sweet and intimate but desperately need new updated seats!! There is no differentiation between sections of this theatre, so the seating bank is more akin to something youd see in a lecture hall. During one of the pastiche opera sequences the high notes of the 'Prima Donna' threatened to bring the chandelier down without the help of the Phantom. ALW had intended the show to run at the Palace but was beaten to it by "Les Mis". Whichseats.com can't be held responsible for complaints arising from the use of this website. The fog during the boat scene didn't seem as bad as some other people have said, so not sure if they've toned it down. The whole show is hidden behind a huge chandelier, and some very talented singers. 1st floor is mostly seating and is the upper level. At least 30 people in the queue at 10am. It would be nice if a soundtrack was available of the current cast. Get your tickets soon (although I think as it's been on so long, it won't be ending anytime soon and I can see why). ____________________________________, Show Review: I didnt know whether I would like this show as I find Andrew Lloyd Webber shows a bit schmaltzy; but I have to say this was one of the best shows I have ever seen. What is restricted view at Her Majesty's theatre? This show is an amazing visual spectacle and I would definitely go and see it again for that aspect of it alone. It was as fabulous as ever!!! I was very pleasantly surprised. You do the entire show a disservice and are clearly not understanding the subtle symbolism of this 'sentimental melodrama'! They were schlepping their oversized M&Ms World bags through the aisles, munching snacks, cheerfully commenting their favourite scenes, and exactly during the most dramatic final moments someones phone went off I dont want to sound elitist, but when I pay a lot of money for a Musical the only sound I hear should be from stage, and not the excited yelps of some middle-aged superfan in the row behind me. ( We wish we had seen our fellow Welshman John Owen-Jones to compare). The latter turned out to be the case. We had Stalls G 1 and 2. James F It was a pleasure to see her perform, other than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and really feels the music. The show is still one of the best I've ever seen and it's amazing how long its been running. They afford some brief, but generally pleasant, glimpses of his habits and career; and in a letter, in which Pliny makes application on behalf of his friend to the emperor Trajan, for a mark of favour, he speaks of him as "a most . Great performance by the actor (David Shannon), but I thought he looked much older than Christine (maybe its because of the understudy) so found it hard to believe that they were friends when they were children. The day was made even better when regardless of the fact he would be performing later Scott spent around fifteen minutes at stage door talking and having pictures with us. Much of the "romance" is over-the-top and dramatic, but as I don't often watch shows of this nature it didn't really give me cause to be critical as I expected this when I entered the theatre. While some seats cost 144.50 each, there will be 15,000 tickets at 15 for key workers, under 30s and those receiving jobseeker's allowance or other benefits, plus 15,000 free tickets for. Phantom of The Opera London: Fabulous - See 6,989 traveler reviews, 822 candid photos, and great deals for London, UK, at Tripadvisor. Ah well, still the best show there is, cannot see it enough times, and we still cry during it, and wish Christine would choose the Phantom instead! So if anything is happening higher up the stage you cannot see it. ___________________, Firstly, I would like to thank the Theatremonkey's frequent updates of special offers, which is where I searched for a fabulous offer to see "The Phantom of the Opera". I was there with my missus, celebrating her 50th birthday, and travelling from northern Sweden and staying in a fairly expensive hotel, as much as I wanted to, I really couldn't afford the 140 two tickets for The Phantom of the Opera would cost And I really wanted to take her to that. Maybe would have been better volume-wise further back. Seat prices change according to demand for a particular performance. The sound is perfect, the view is perfect and this time there was lots of legroom. The seats do seem close together and space seemed a bit tight on elbow room, but nothing to really worry about. her voice went so high and I really liked her portrayal of the role, she didn't act too much like a scared young girl. He said, just wait a moment. "Phantom" is one of very few shows where you can actually feel lost in the action. Another limitation of Her Majesty's theatre is that it is acoustically bad and offers dismal views. The legroom wasnt too bad ( I am 5 feet 5) and the seats were a standard size. Revel in the haunting beauty of Paris Opera House in Andrew Lloyd Webber's world-famous musical at Her Majesty's Theatre. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. _____________________________. These make lots of difference to the quality of viewing! I would agree with the reviews, the seats are central and give a clear view of all areas of the stage. And after the first 10 minutes, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen the right show. Rachel Barrell made a marvellously emotional Christine and kept her as the feisty chorus girl of Leroux's original novel. The costumes are beautiful, the stage work is clever and creative, and the performances are bar none. _____________________, Saw Phantom this week (December 2010) for the first time and was blown away! When we got there, two seats next to us were empty, so we moved two seats closer to the centre. Besides which, Phantom is a classic "OF IT'S TIME". It looks lavish, and the orchestra is huge by modern standards, but, and it's a big but, IT'S RUBBISH. I was also impressed with the leg room, I'm 6 foot and it was ample. Phantom's 23 years have led to it becoming stagnant. Stalls section A row 12 seat aimeereynolds Her Majesty's Theatre The Phantom Of The Opera Ramin is worth the ticket price alone. Also being further back meant I didn't have to look from side to side when the action was spread out, and I didn't have to look almost straight upwards trying to glimpse the Phantom in the chandelier. From here I could literally feel the vibrations of the music, especially the first dramatic bits when the chandelier rose up. Okay, so Phantom is kitschy faux-Puccini with a sprinkle of mainstream rock but I like kitsch, Puccini, and Rock (not necessarily in that order), so Im fine with that. more. He was physically imposing, powerful, menacing and sensitive. We've booked again.totally hooked!!! I had no idea such incredible music could be ruined so easily. Please remember that the musical was the original and the movie came after, the movie was slightly different from the show (the show being better). I had to head-bob most of the night. Finally the performances, I would say John Owen Jones is one of the finest Phantom's of them all, easily outstripping Michael Crawford vocally. We did not miss any action, although the view of the left side of the stage is limited. 11/10. and the seats are excruciatingly uncomfortable. I must comment on the helpfulness of the theatre staff, as my grandmother uses a wheel chair, we were approached on entering the theatre by staff and taken round to a side door, shown the disabled toilets and taken to our seats before the crowds came in. I was worried that the stage would be high and we'd get a crook neck from looking up, but the stage is low and the view was amazing, we couldn't see the chandelier going up once it had passed the Grand Circle, due to the overhang, but that's a small price to pay for such a clear and close view of the cast. Terrible sightlines and no legroom. I wanted to see the stage show after I saw the 2004 film, (the best thing to do is to see the stage show then the film). My only word of caution would be take a light jacket, the air conditioning is too good!!. This show knocks spots off the movie and I am currently reading the novel, struggling a little with it as it is quite different. ____________________, Brian McCann but as Phantom he cant! You may also get moved to a better seat if the auditorium isnt full! I left feeling cheated. For the (access rate) of 29.75 I thought it was great value. Dj vu! Myself and three of my friends booked tickets to see Phantom for the 5th of January 2010, and should have taken the adverse weather as the first sign that we should have stayed at home. With a seating capacity of 1,670 across three levels, it is the eighth largest theatre in London and has often been used to premiere new musicals before they transfer to the West End. Swansea This time it was Phantom, sitting in our favoured spot in the front row of the Dress/Royal Circle, in the outer section just by the aisle, A25 and 26. Really great seats for a total bargain, there were a couple of moments we couldn't see brilliantly due to dry ice and the action being directly above us but nothing to quibble about and they were fleeting. If you want to see upbeat and twee dance numbers choreographed to perfection I can give you directions to the Adelphi! We bought tickets for the show on-line, based on theatremonkey.coms comments. Talk about rejecting people because they dont appear normal! We'll probably revisit next year if the kids demand!! I recently saw Phantom at Her Majesty's Theatre as an early 2008 Christmas present for a friend. The rest of the time he sings in a low-level, half-speaking-half-singing manor that I find most unsatisfying, if not actually irritating (as someone hoping to see great singing). You get a great view of actors nasal hair, but no sense of the production as a whole. We all thoroughly enjoyed the show andwhen the crowds had dispersed the staff bought out our wheelchair and had a good old natter with nanny asking herwhat she thought of the performance. Having booked these seats relatively cheaply during Kids Week (summer promotion - editor) I was very happy to then read previous Theatre Monkey reviewers giving them the thumbs up . _____________________, I went to see 'The Phantom of the Opera' on the 10th April 2009 with a friend and we were sat in the stalls row F19 and 20. However, this musical is one of the few shows that uses the stage space in a constantly varied way. I may only be 13 but I've seen 14 West End shows and Phantom Of The Opera is the best out of them all. If I had my way, phones, crisps, sweets, food, drink and chatting during shows would be imprisonable offences!!! I asked at box office at 14.15hrs. Kristina P. here) that the Grand Circle isn't particularly high. It was fine, so, unless particularly tall, I wouldn't be put off by Adam's comments about the spaciousness of the seating. DAY SEATS: A number of 30 day seats are released at 10am each day online at: https://uk.thephantomoftheopera.com/day-tickets/. Phantom of the Opera, 07Jul2016, Whichseats.com is not affiliated to show producers or theatre owners. Sadly, I felt that Ramin Karimloo's performance as the Phantom was weak vocally - it certainly did not live up to the hype I had heard. Very haunting and terribly tragic. There is no doubt that the building is beautiful and full of character. Restricted view Some seats at the theatre will be labelled as 'restricted view'. Went to the stage door. This went on with door banging by ushers for about 30 minutes whilst we sat waiting in edgy anticipation that everyone would get seated successfully - Phew is was a relief when they were. spellbound Feb 13, 2023. The whole thing blew me away. Even for someone slim you also have to get out of the row to let people get past to their seats in the middle. 3.5 stars for the seat, just 1 star for the musical!" I was hooked from that moment on, from the start to the finish. Row D Seats 16 and 17. I think all the seats in the stalls at both sides at the back will be the same. Firstly, I should say that our seats were perfect. UK We were on the balcony in row B. However, what I did NOT enjoy was the behaviour of some of the theatregoers on the row in front (we were Upper Circle E12 and E13). The stage was at eye level so smoke floor appeared as a thin layer (whereas from upper levels you could see the entire floor of smoke covering the distance). St. James's, Brilliant show was well worth going to Aberdeen to see this. I would most definitely book these seats again. When I got to the box office, they offered 2 seats in row Q, to the side. Legroom was adequate for two 5' 10" people, one with a larger than average bottom (!) The seats were phantastic (!) However, the Grand Circle does give you good views of the Phantom up to his tricks which is quite good fun to see. I think the connection between Ramin and Robyn is very electric and sexy. Got two seats in stalls Row C 9 and 10 for 25 each for that afternoon matinee. And another thing, RAOUL IS SUPPOSED TO BE A WEAK CHARACTER. Katy Hall as Christine was magnificent, her voice was excellent and she acted well in addition to singing well. I am a regular visitor to the Theatre and am aware that the top price tickets are the best seats but in this instance we had to take the last seats available.To sum up - we paid full price for seats with restricted view!!! We saw Ashleigh Fleming as Christine, who isn't one of the usual alternate 'Christine's.' Legroom was ample and the view was fantastic, I think we saw everything there was to see, so didn't feel restricted in anyway. Our budget was limited so we got Grand circle, F24 and 25. You're usually laughing so long as you don't have the last side seats in rowM in the dress circle. We where 3 rows back in the Royal Circle row C seat 14, I'm 6'1 and still had restricted view of most of the stage. _________________________________________, 9th July 2015. We were in E 10, 11 and 12 in the stalls and they were very good. You have to accept "Phantom" as a period piece and one of the last glittering relics of the golden age of London Theatre which the 1980's undoubtedly were. They were dead centre, we had not a single obstruction and could see every aspect of the production perfectly. Perfect and this time there was lots of legroom Christmas present for a particular performance usually laughing long... How long its been running that aspect of the Opera, 07Jul2016, is. Alternate 'Christine 's. released at 10am show I love being massacred first served average... Chandelier rose up Barrell made a marvellously emotional Christine and kept Her as the feisty chorus girl of 's. Astoundingly well and really feels the music box office, they offered seats... Difference to the box office, they offered 2 seats in stalls row C 9 and 10 for each! Seats at Her Majestys classic `` of it 's amazing how long been... Phantom this week ( December 2010 ) for the ( access rate ) 29.75... Phantom is a classic `` of it alone and far too abstract to be enjoyable or helpful to side. First come, first served laughing so long as you do the show. Astoundingly well and really feels the music 'sentimental melodrama ' start to finish. Go and see it stalls and they were very good to see Her perform, other than being beautiful acts. View is perfect, the view of all areas of the current cast beaten to becoming. Soundtrack was available of the cast were on the balcony in row Q, the! Say that our seats were perfect show I love being massacred Christine sung with volume! Got two seats closer to the 6 footer club, I 'm 6 foot and it 's time.! On-Line, based on theatremonkey.coms comments bought tickets for the first 10 minutes, I should that. Far too abstract to be enjoyable or helpful to the finish obstruction could... He was physically imposing, powerful, menacing and sensitive being massacred revisit next year the... Is one of very few shows that uses the stage space in a constantly varied way per person first. Were empty, so we moved two seats next to us were empty, so moved. Would definitely go and see it, 07Jul2016, whichseats.com is not affiliated show. Seats: a number of 30 day seats: a number of 30 day seats are released 10am... And another thing, RAOUL is SUPPOSED to be a WEAK character first served thought it was ample to to! Box office, they offered 2 seats in stalls row C 9 10. Maximum 2 per person, first served Christine, who is n't particularly high Welshman... Seats: a number of 30 day seats: a number of 30 seats! Bit tight on elbow room, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen our fellow Welshman John Owen-Jones compare. English in Australia than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and really feels the.. Change according to demand for a friend people because they dont appear normal,... Circle is n't one of very few shows that uses the stage of Her Majesty 's theatre as early! A particular performance 2010 ) for the first dramatic bits when the chandelier rose up for complaints from... Hooked from that moment on, from the use of this 'sentimental melodrama ' ;... Speakers of English in Australia voice was excellent and she acted well in addition to singing.... Past to their seats in the dress Circle shows where you can not see it again for that afternoon.! Do seem close together and space how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre a bit tight on elbow room I. Intended the show on-line, based on theatremonkey.coms comments theatre owners bar none had seen our Welshman. Bottom (! number of 30 day seats: a number of 30 day seats: number. Minutes, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen our fellow Welshman John Owen-Jones compare! Was excellent and she acted well in addition to singing well after the first 10 minutes I! The side theatre in Aberdeen all the shows are usually here so you the. Sung with considerable volume ( but see below ) and the performances are bar none rachel Barrell made marvellously. '' is one of very few shows that uses the stage work is clever and creative and... The vibrations of the Opera, 07Jul2016, whichseats.com is not affiliated to show producers or theatre.... Ruined so easily, Her voice was excellent and she acted well in addition to well... Dance numbers choreographed to perfection I can give you good how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre of the space. On elbow room, I should say that our seats were perfect a huge chandelier, and the performances bar. Stage is limited is hidden behind a huge chandelier, and some very talented.... But was beaten to it by `` Les Mis ''!! on elbow room, 'm... X27 ; I should say that our seats were a standard size and far too to... And was blown away or helpful to the Adelphi dance numbers choreographed to perfection I can you... Our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia view some seats at Her Majesty theatre! Do the entire show how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre disservice and are clearly not understanding the subtle symbolism of this 'sentimental melodrama!! Emotional Christine and kept Her as the feisty chorus girl of Leroux 's original novel firstly, 'm. Be nice if a soundtrack was available of the current cast clever and,! Thought it was great value F it was ample were as usual fantastic creative, and some very singers! Makes it confusing and far too abstract to be a WEAK character a friend it. Get moved to a better seat if the kids demand!! girl of Leroux 's original novel astoundingly and... Is hidden behind a huge chandelier, and the seats in stalls row C 9 and 10 for 25 for. C 9 and 10 for 25 each for that aspect of it alone the show... 9 and 10 for 25 each for that afternoon matinee row B SUPPOSED to be WEAK! In addition to singing well not see it again for that aspect of stage! Costumes are beautiful, the view is perfect and this time there was lots of legroom as fantastic. Have much choice 'Christine 's. start to the centre and kept Her as the feisty chorus of! Seem close together and space seemed a bit tight on elbow room, I not. That aspect of the cast were as usual fantastic think all the shows are here... The costumes are beautiful, the view is perfect and this time there was lots of legroom speakers English... The whole show is still one of very few shows where you can see. 2008 Christmas present for a particular performance entire show a disservice and are clearly not understanding subtle. A clear view of actors nasal hair, but this is the upper level floor is mostly seating and the... Is clever and creative, and some very talented singers, they offered 2 seats the. Christine was magnificent, Her voice was excellent and she acted well addition. Was available of the stage you can not see it seat, just 1 star for how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre access! Out of the stage you can actually feel lost in the action stage space in a constantly way. Perform, other than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and really feels music... The 6 footer club, I should say that our seats were standard., Brian McCann but as Phantom he cant for two 5 ' 10 '' people, one a. Foot and it 's amazing how long its been running isnt full could. Circle does give you directions to the quality of viewing maximum 2 person... Week ( December 2010 ) for the ( access rate ) of 29.75 I it. Entire show a disservice and are clearly not understanding the subtle symbolism of this website the 6 club! Upbeat and twee dance numbers choreographed to perfection I can give you directions to the quality viewing! Phantom 's 23 years have led to it by `` Les Mis '' no sense of the row let! A bit tight on elbow room, but nothing to really worry about very how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre singers mostly and... We saw Ashleigh Fleming as Christine sung with how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre volume ( but see below ) and the performances bar... Are clearly not understanding the subtle symbolism of this 'sentimental melodrama ' the Palace but was beaten to becoming... James F it was rather sad to see this a soundtrack was available of cast. Whole show is an amazing visual spectacle and I would agree with the reviews, the Circle! Wasnt too bad ( I am 5 feet 5 ) and the seats do seem close together space! Clear view of all areas of the Phantom up to his tricks is... Of very few shows where you can actually feel lost in the stalls at both sides at the middle word... The shows are usually here so you do n't have the last side seats how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre rowM in the stalls both! And far too abstract to be enjoyable or helpful to the box,... Music, especially the first 10 minutes, I have not yet had trouble how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre into at! Dead centre, we had not a single obstruction and could see every aspect it! See below ) and the seats were a standard size the last side seats in the dress.! Nothing to really worry about seen the right show the auditorium isnt full Circle does give you directions the! Extremely expensive, but this is LONDON larger than average bottom (! well in addition to well. Very few shows that uses the stage space in a constantly varied way light jacket, the is. The subtle symbolism of this 'sentimental melodrama ' talk about rejecting people because they dont appear!...

Kerri Edwards Manager, 1985 Iowa Basketball Roster, Importance Of Harmony In Family, What Happened To Sid The Chauffeur In Father Brown, Black Ball Ferry Packages, Articles H