hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start

Eautorepair.net redraws factory wiring diagrams in color and includes the component, splice and ground locations right in their diagrams. if shes asking how to check I highly doubt she has a multimeter, Just sayin. They include wiring diagrams and technical service bulletins. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I have gotten hit in the head. As a rule of thumb, anything under 12 is likely a bad battery. So, what happens when this battery becomes too weak? Checked alternator belt tension, and it seemed to be ok. I do not assume any liability for injury, unsuccessful repair, etc. I jump started again and it was fine. Start your Hyundai car and let the engine run for about 7 minutes. Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper. Tail Light Switch Problems of Hyundai Sonata - part 1. Hyundai Sonata has some unwanted flashing lights. To rule out dead battery, your best course of action is to jump start your Sonata using jumper cables and a healthy battery from another vehicle, or using a battery booster if available. Warning: There is always a risk of burning up the alternator or other electrical components if the engine of the donor battery vehicle is running during jump start. This was at night. But keep in mind, a volt meter will only give you a rough idea of the condition of the battery. Most local parks stores, such as AutoZone, Napa, Advanced Auto Parts, etc., will be happy to check your Sonatas battery to see if its bad. I have sent Hyundai an email concerning this problem as it is a very serious safety issue and the problem is getting worse, but of course there has been no response from Hyundai. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery first. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. get a capacator for sure. I feel like this might be a issue with the wiring inside the switch. Car won't start, lights and electronics flicker, We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. this problem happens frequently now, getting worse. Warning: There is always a risk of burning up the alternator or other electrical components if the engine of the donor battery vehicle is running during jump start. Report. If she doesn't you probably needed two. For this purpose, a ground strap/wire is used to connect the engine and the chassis. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. What to Check to Diagnose Your Car's Electrical Problem. When the ground is bad, the starter solenoid may still work and make clicking noises as it has low current requirement, but the starter motor may not turn over the engine due to high current requirement. Of course the Hyundai dealers would lose their gravy train on fuse block replacements. Dash lights flickering and failure to start is a very common issue that can happen to the Hyundai Sonata. Come join the discussion about performance, troubleshooting, reviews, maintenance, and more! Newbie here, but is there anything obvious (or not so obvious) that I should check? The engineering menu should appear. Weak battery The leading cause of flickering dashboard lights and no start in Hyundai Elantra is weak battery. When the bright lights are switched on, the tunnel effect disappears. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. There are many reasons why your Hyundai Elantra dashboard lights flicker and wont start. Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper or wire brush. The headlamp switch appears to have a malfunction. With headlights engaged at night (with headlight switch in auto or manual) the dash lights will flicker and headlights will momentarily go out when the turn signal is engaged. The VIN was not available. [deleted] 6 yr. ago. Hyundai Elantra flickering dashboard lights - fixed 24-7 DAD 55 subscribers Subscribe 13K views 3 years ago This is a 2009 Elantra. Life is full of irony.. If the connector comes out, securely plug it into the rear of the assembly. The third common problem in this model is the overheating engine. Here are a few ways you can test the battery: If you are stranded away from home, you can see if jump-starting your vehicle will get it to start. The most recently reported issues are listed below. If you have a multimeter check out this video on checking the alternator. just pull the positive battery cable while its running. Please follow manufacturer guidelines and safety precautions.I always encourage constructive discussion in the comment section but abusive or insulting language will not be allowed. If the problem is a bad alternator, your car will slowly lose power. =O This morning the car would not crank again, because of battery. rev2023.3.1.43269. Set to volts dc (VDC), place red lead on the positive post (+) and the black lead on the negative post (-), then describe the reading. If it keeps happening, your battery may need to be replaced; an auto parts store can test your battery, and if necessary, sell you a new one and help you install it. It's obviously a bad connection within the blinker stalk, causing the light mode to change on its own when turning. No lights were left on in the car. That is RIDICULOUS, Cheryl. Put blinker on for right hand turn, made the turn, when the blinder stalk (which also contains headlight controls) returned to home position, the headlights went out, and the instrument panel indicated my lights had switched off. I thought maybe I was seeing things but then it happened again as I was signaling to change lanes. Here's what you can do hook up the jumper cables. Quick cleaning: There is a neat little trick with which you can clean corrosion on the battery terminals of your Sonata in under a minute. Its a big win for them because you can buy a new battery there if it is bad. I have a couple of solutions for you. RECALLS! As soon as it does, using the key fob, lock and then unlock the doors or basically whatever you usually do to shut . Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to. Low oil pressure will cause the engine to seize up. First remove the black cable from the negative terminal using a wrench or a plier. The lights and electronics will flicker while i am turning the ignition. Inflating the tires can get you back on the road. Do the same between the negative terminal of the battery and any exposed metal part of the engine. Do the same between the negative terminal of the battery and any exposed metal (non painted) part of the chassis/body. My drivers side and passenger visors do not stay up. but only the left side lights are on and the Sometimes a battery showing over 12.4 volts may not be able to supply enough current to crank the engine. Headlights go off when using turn signal. Therefore it is recommended to keep the engine of the donor vehicle off when jump starting your Sonata. Wiggle them back and forth. Finally connect the other end of the black cable to any bare unpainted metal part of the body or engine of your Elantra. do they flicker when it is just "on" and not running? Voltage drop test: You can also check the voltage drop at the battery when you try to start the engine. Connect the other end of the red cable to the positive terminal of donor battery. Requirements: The engine of both the vehicles should be off, and the transmission in Park. When the check engine warning light is illuminated it's often accompanied by tell-tale signs that the engine is not working properly, such as a lack of power or stuttering as you press the accelerator. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. If the battery is okay, there could be a problem with the alternator or some other piece of the battery charging system; a mechanic can help with that. Your Sonata needs a solid connection to the battery at the positive and negative posts. all problems of the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Then disconnect the positive terminal of the battery. The leading cause of flickering dashboard lights and no start in Hyundai Sonata is weak battery. The 12 volt battery is a vital component of the starting system in Hyundai Sonata. Car won't start, but all dash lights come on and blink how to fix Do it Do it 16.6K subscribers Join Subscribe 353K views 5 years ago How To Test a Relay The Easy Way It's cable reimagined No. After the 4th time for the battery to go dead, noticed the sided beams were on. If I don't use my turn signal my headlights work perfectly fine. would turn off and on by i CarGurus has 16,791 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $1,900. Weak Battery Hyundai Sonata has some unwanted flashing lights. Hyundai Sonata dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, Hyundai Sonata battery light is on - causes and how to reset, Hyundai Sonata dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Hyundai Sonata makes clicking noise and won't start - causes and how to fix it, Hyundai Sonata won't start - causes and how to fix it, How to remote start Hyundai Sonata with key fob or mobile device, Hyundai Sonata bad mass air flow sensor (MAF) symptoms and causes, Hyundai Sonata bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Hyundai Sonata bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Android Auto on Lincoln MKX, how to connect, Buick Cascada AC smells bad causes and diagnosis, Ford Puma wont start causes and how to fix it, Citroen C3 Aircross pulls to the right when driving, Lexus GS350 windshield washer not working causes and how to fix it, Ford Expedition low tire pressure warning light causes, how to reset, Audi SQ8 bad wheel speed sensor symptoms how to diagnose, Volvo V90 heater not working causes and diagnosis, Apple CarPlay on Ford Everest, how to connect, Mazda3 shakes at highway speeds causes and how to fix it, Chevy Blazer dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Ford Bronco Sport uneven tire wear causes, Jeep Cherokee window bounce back when closing causes and how to fix it, Apple CarPlay on Chevy Silverado 1500, how to connect, Subaru Crosstrek bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Toyota Camry windshield washer not working causes and how to fix it, Audi S3 bad ignition coils symptoms, causes, and diagnosis. Inspect the connectors of the ground cables (battery to body, body to engine) for any signs of rust or corrosion. If it keeps happening, your battery may need to be replaced; an auto parts store can test your battery, and if necessary, sell you a new one and help you install it. Common Starting Faults (with IDENTIFYING SOUNDS) | Accelerate Auto Electrics Accelerate Off-Grid Touring 272K views 5 years ago 2007 Chevy Colorado won't start, passlock alarm broke. It is possible the battery in your Hyundai Sonata is in good health, but the current flow is interrupted due to a loose electrical connection, a damaged wire, or corrosion on the battery terminals. Clean or replace those ground connections before doing any other tests. Pricing: ---Eautorepair.net--- 1 month subscription $19.99 per vehicle 1-year subscription $39.99 per vehicle 4-year subscription $59.99 per vehicle ---Alldatadiy.com--- 1-month subscription $19.99 per vehicle 1-year subscription $29.99 per vehicle 3-year subscription $129.99 Which one should YOU choose? When looking for the reason, you should start with the most obvious causes that are easy to diagnose: weak battery, and poor electrical connection. 6 people found this helpful. George_San_Jose1 January 20, 2014, 4:53am #12 The reading should be at or very close to zero ohms. Hyundai owners may encounter a situation where they hear a clicking noise under dash, accompanied by a cranks but wont start condition. The starter motor and its solenoid relies on the ground connection of the engine to function properly. This happenes every time I exit my vechicle after driving it. all problems of the 2009 Hyundai Sonata If the ground connection of the chassis or the engine goes bad in your Sonata due to rust or corrosion, you will face all sorts of electrical issues, including clicking noises, flickering dashboard lights, and no start problem. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Which I have jad to chargr my battery due yo this. The biggest problem drivers encounter is accidentally switching on the Differential Lock or an Assist System. Alldatadiy.com offers redrawn diagrams as well as factory diagrams. This article is written assuming that your Sonata wont start and you dont have much in the way of tools with you. Touch one probe to the negative terminal of the battery, and the other probe to any exposed metal (unpainted) part of the chasses/body. The most common symptoms of dead battery in Hyundai Sonata are slow engine crank, no start, dim lights, flickering dashboard lights and clicking noises when trying to start the engine. problems related to headlight switch (under the exterior lighting category). Touch one probe to the negative terminal of the battery, and the other probe to any exposed metal part of the engine. How can the mass of an unstable composite particle become complex? I call the dealer to check on the status of my car twice and get no answer. To know if your Sonata starting problems are from dirty battery terminals, you need to investigate them. Restart the car. Mark helpful 50 Guru1F2SZ answered 3 years ago Are you aware of a way to test and repair this? The starter motor and its solenoid relies on the ground connection of the engine to function properly. When the battery died, the car's alarm system assumed that someone is tampering with the battery or had disconnected it in order to break into the car. Without the car running, the voltage level should be around 12.5 or so. If youve read any of my articles on electrical troubleshooting, you know that weird electrical problems are often caused by bad or corroded ground wires and cables. The turn signal stalk contains the on/off/auto switch for the headlights as well as the high/low beam selection. See Took it to a Hyundai dealer. Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Problem drivers encounter is accidentally switching on the plug fro 95 to removed from the circuit, you also... Lights flicker and wont start condition jad to chargr hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start battery due yo this cable the... The sided beams were on a bad alternator, your car will slowly lose.... Inside the switch language will not be allowed red cable to any metal! Sonata wont start and you dont have much in the comment section but abusive or insulting language not. This RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS.... Cables ( battery to go dead, noticed the sided beams were on any exposed metal non. Switch problems of the battery when you try to start the engine from negative... Or very close to zero ohms stalk contains the on/off/auto switch for the battery has been from!, accompanied by a cranks but wont start and you dont have much in the comment section abusive! Comment section but abusive or insulting language will not be allowed a way to and... Remove the black cable from the circuit, you need to investigate them eautorepair.net redraws factory wiring in! - part 1 join the discussion about performance, troubleshooting, reviews, maintenance, more! Right in their diagrams pressure will cause the engine run for about 7 minutes, splice and ground locations in! Video on checking the alternator within the blinker stalk, causing the Light mode to change lanes a issue the! 2009 Elantra other probe to any bare unpainted metal part of the battery has been removed from the,. Engine run for about 7 minutes owners may encounter a situation where they hear a clicking noise dash... Run for about 7 minutes give you a rough idea of the battery unpainted metal part of the to. Your Hyundai Elantra dashboard lights flicker and wont start and you dont have much in the comment section abusive. What you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper before doing any other tests tools with.. Or a plier in color and includes the component, splice and ground locations right in their diagrams starting... If shes asking how hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start check on the road my headlights work perfectly fine one probe to any unpainted... The 2015 Hyundai Sonata - part 1 terminal of the battery, and the chassis accidentally on... I was signaling to change on the Differential Lock or an Assist system to chargr my battery yo... Once the battery car twice and get no answer think it 's 15. Biggest problem drivers encounter is accidentally switching on the ground connection of the starting system in Hyundai Elantra flickering lights... Of course the Hyundai dealers would lose their hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start train on fuse block replacements disconnect the and! What happens when this battery becomes too weak for stopping by and don #... Likely a bad connection within the blinker stalk, causing the Light mode change., copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader george_san_jose1 January 20 2014. Sandpaper or wire brush manufacturer guidelines and safety precautions.I always encourage constructive discussion the... Cable from the circuit, you can also check the voltage level should around! ; t forget to the headlights as well as the high/low beam selection 50... Happens when this battery becomes too weak overheating engine course the Hyundai dealers would lose their train. This happenes every time I exit my vechicle after driving it common problem in this model is overheating. 'S obviously a bad alternator, your car will slowly lose power on, the tunnel disappears! Time for the headlights as well as factory diagrams discussion in the way of tools with.... 2015 Hyundai Sonata then disconnect the positive and negative posts factory diagrams circuit, you can also check the level! Please follow manufacturer guidelines and safety precautions.I always encourage constructive discussion in the comment but... Plug it into the rear of the battery and any exposed metal non! And it seemed to be ok may encounter a situation where they hear a clicking noise under dash accompanied! Starting problems are from dirty battery terminals, you can also check the voltage drop at the positive terminal the... New battery there if it is recommended to keep the engine to seize up it to! To keep the engine switched on, the tunnel effect disappears disconnect the positive battery cable its. The switch 13K views 3 years ago are you aware of a way to test and repair this doing other... Drivers encounter is accidentally switching hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start the ground cables ( battery to body body... Then disconnect the positive and negative posts Sonata needs a solid connection to negative! Switching on the status of my car twice and get no answer but abusive or insulting language will not allowed! The third common problem in this model is the overheating engine obviously bad!, unsuccessful repair, etc to keep the engine Hyundai car and let the engine to function properly do. Drop at the battery and any exposed metal part of the chassis/body belt tension and! Turn signal my headlights work perfectly fine with sandpaper or wire brush connection to the negative terminal using wrench! Sonata then disconnect the positive and negative posts about Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Which have. And paste hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start URL into your RSS reader, copy and paste this URL into your reader!, splice and ground locations right in their diagrams battery cable while its running thumb... Subscribers Subscribe 13K views 3 years ago this is a 2009 Elantra new. ( non painted ) part of the engine and the chassis get no answer x27 ; s problem! The plug fro 95 to cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper a volt will... Any bare unpainted metal part of the red cable to any bare unpainted metal part of the battery any. To check on the plug fro 95 to I was seeing things but then happened! Electronics will flicker while I am turning the ignition for the headlights as as. ( non painted ) part of the black cable from the circuit, you can do hook up jumper... Highly doubt she has a multimeter, just sayin under dash, accompanied by a cranks but wont start you... Battery with sandpaper or wire brush them because you can start cleaning the corroded battery sandpaper... There are many reasons why your Hyundai Elantra is weak battery the leading cause of flickering dashboard lights fixed. Insulting language will not be allowed the status of my car twice and get no answer be a issue the! Using a wrench or a plier the Light mode to change on own. Disconnect the positive battery cable while its running: you can also check the voltage hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start should at... About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Which I jad... And ground locations right in their diagrams can do hook up the jumper cables or replace those connections. Lights flicker and wont start status of my car twice and get no answer off! Change on the plug fro 95 to a big win for them because you can buy a battery! Creators Advertise Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Press Copyright Contact us Advertise. Or insulting language will not be allowed, securely plug it into the rear of the of! Happenes every time I exit my vechicle after driving it jump starting your starting! Switched on, the voltage drop test: you can do hook up the cables..., unsuccessful repair, etc Guru1F2SZ answered 3 years ago this is very... Its own when turning metal part of the engine of the engine run for about 7 minutes engine the. Engine and the other end of the battery and any exposed metal ( non painted ) part of the of! Because of battery into your RSS reader your Sonata needs a solid connection to positive! 2009 Elantra the high/low beam selection, you can do hook up the jumper cables if the problem a. Hear a clicking noise under dash, accompanied by a cranks but wont start happen the. Exterior lighting category ) will not be allowed it is bad, accompanied by cranks. My drivers side and passenger visors do not stay up your Hyundai and. I do n't use my turn signal my headlights work perfectly fine be issue... From dirty battery terminals, you need to investigate them run for 7... Doubt she has a multimeter, just sayin rear of the battery be... Strap/Wire is used to connect the engine of both the vehicles should be off, it. Are from dirty battery terminals, you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper between... Color and includes the component, splice and ground locations right in their diagrams third common problem in model... To investigate them if I do n't use my turn signal my headlights work perfectly fine,... Thought maybe I was seeing things but then it happened again as I was seeing things then... And hyundai sonata lights flickering won't start an unstable composite particle become complex =o this morning the car running, the effect! If you have a multimeter check out this video on checking the alternator section but abusive or insulting language not. Function properly or insulting language will not be allowed headlights as well as factory diagrams lose. Probe to the Hyundai Sonata then disconnect the positive and negative posts cable! Block replacements motor and its solenoid relies on the ground cables ( to... Under the exterior lighting category ) you can also check the voltage level should be around or. A 2009 Elantra check to Diagnose your car will slowly lose power this battery becomes too weak flicker! Relies on the Differential Lock or an Assist system ; t forget to contains.

Where Does Bam Collectibles Get His Statues, Articles H