jerome grand hotel ghost tours

Or email-us: Please include your phone number. Larry Altherr still owns and operates the Jerome Grand Hotel. Looking for a haunted hiking trail or two? Cottonwood, AZ (6.0 mi.) But the devoted hunt for digital proof on the hotel's ghost tour, which provides an . About half of the guests of The Grand Hotel come to hopefully experience the ghosts as well, though it isn't . Claude died in 1935 under mysterious circumstances; his body was found pinned under the Otis elevator. Home Gallery 1 Gallery 2 200 Hill Street Jerome, Arizona 86331 Eat Drink Visit United Verde Hospital was built with an expanding mine industry in mind. Ghost town tours has there own store front in the town. In addition to ghosts, guests and staff have reported strange experiences, such as lights and TVs switching on and off on their own. Increase your chances of having a paranormal experience on a Sedona ghost tour that uses state-of-the-art equipment to track, This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher, Delve deeper into the haunted history of Sedona during a ghost hunting tour that increases your chance of a paranormal encounter, Learn the history and discover the mystery of America's largest ghost town. Larry Altherr bought the building in 1994 and began laying plans for a luxury hotel. The elevator was found to be in working order and the death was investigated as a homicide. The Clinkscale Hotel: awesome breakfast - Read 164 reviews, view 93 photos, and find great deals for The Clinkscale Hotel at Tripadvisor I got up to walk around and shake it off, then to the bathroom, then tried bed again. ghostlyfavorites.com., "Due to the high level of activity in the hotel, it is a quite popular destination for amateur ghost hunters". Clarkdale, AZ (3.6 mi.) Everyone else with me slept fine and didnt wake up from the strange noises I heard. Unfortunately we were underwhelmed. So so much fun!! No possible way. He left us speechless with the stories. A 2-story brick structure on Main Street Jerome with 12 rooms upstairs and businesses downstairs. A voice came through at the old hospital site. In the hotel, numerous guests have reported the ghosts of children in the hallways and hotel rooms. Experience our biggest asset, our employees who enjoy meeting the many guests from all over the world. The Jerome Grand Hotel's history has chapters written in blood. People have requested to be moved from the room, and some employees flat-out refuse to go in there. All three kids come through the spirit boxes and told us they were drowned by their mother. The Award Winning Asylum Restaurant located at the Jerome Grand Hotel offers lunch and dinner every day. Thats how cool it is! We actually caught something on camera. Jerome Grand Hotel, which was once a state-of-the-art hospital, is believed to be one of the most haunted attractions in the United States. The receptionist who took our reservation was REALLY helpful. We offer the latest and most pertinent information on Jeromes history and hauntings. The historic Connor Hotel has live music and a nice bar. Disclaimer: Some locations featured on this website would prefer not to have visitors, or have operating hours in place for visits. whos mortal remains lie beneath your feet. In 1953, the mine closed and by 1955 the population of Jerome dwindled to fewer than 100 people. The phenomenon is so common that the Jerome Grand has restricted ghost hunters and private tours from entering the guest floors. [deleted] 2 yr. ago. Jerome Grand Hotel is located in Jerome, Arizona. The town took on an ominous feeling, as the once busy streets became empty, and the now-abandoned hospital overlooking the town became an eyesore. Also on higher floors, guests have reported the sounds of squeaky gurney wheels running up and down the halls at night, only for them to investigate and find no such gurney anywhere. Verde Village, AZ (6.4 mi.) One such inhabitant is known as the bearded man and appears to visit numerous rooms on various floors of the hotel. Situated in the town of Jerome Arizona, the hotel is among several haunted dwellings in what is now considered a ghost town. My mother came with us the second trip and have mobility issues. All you ever wanted to know about Jerome! It is up to the discretion of your guide to alter routes and timing due to unforeseen circumstances or in the best interest of safety. Tell us all about it. Address: Jerome Grand Hotel, 200 Hill St, Jerome, AZ 86331, USA Address: United Verde Mine, Jerome, AZ 86331, USA Address: Liberty Theatre & Gifts, 110 Jerome Ave, Jerome, AZ 86331, USA The OIYS Visitor Center Arizona Horror Story August 22, 2022 Tori Jane Is Jerome haunted? Want to discover more haunted places in our state that you can visit? Phelps Dodge Mining Corporation took over United Verde Mining and continued the operation of the hospital until 1950. The Jerome Grand is haunted! We took the last tour for the night. The Jerome Grand Hotel is a historic hotel that is in use . and rare facts corroborated by the Jerome Historical Society. Could you please tell me where in Central Jerome do we meet? It is unmistakably a man wearing what appears to be a cowboy hat. There is significant walking on the tour. This was stream. Highly recommend! Folks have reported sightings of human figures-and I heard of a couple who struggled to breathe while staying in the room. While walking the hall ways, my son turned around towards me and saw a plastic flower pop out of a vase and hit me on the shoulder I felt it hit me and saw it own the ground. While the Jerome Grand was still abandoned, two separate psychics caught on to a ghost who claimed to be the Head Nurse or Nurse in Charge, who seemed to hang out in what is now the restaurant and lounge area of the hotel. The elevator was inspected and was said not to be the cause of his death. We received some amazing immediate responses to specific questions in the grave yard, on top of seeing the temp and mG fluctuate. While this community has continued to thrive due to increasing tourism, Jerome is currently home to fewer than 500 residents. Just stayed for one night at on the third floor near infamous room 32. My cousin and I stayed in room 32 without knowing anything about it. A hotel with ghostly restorations During the restoration process, the building was returned to its pre-1930s grandeur. Once upon a time, it was quite literally an insane asylum, and the patients here werent exactly treated with the most dignity. The old hospital was purchased by the Altherr family in 1994, and opened as Jerome Grand Hotel in 1996. You can cancel this reservation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. Writer for Only In Your State. Disclaimer: Information surrounding the accounts of paranormal activity on HauntedUS.com is the result of research, but HauntedUS.com makes no claim that these reports are factually accurate. Call to book your Jerome Ghost Town Tour. What I heard that night in 2018 was vivid. Keeping with design reminiscent of the time, the Jerome Grand Hotel brings back that feeling of grandeur from antique furnishings to the original 1926 Otis elevator offering service to all 5 levels of this historic Spanish Mission Style building that once served Jerome and surrounding communities, as the United Verde Hospital. We will get back to you shortly. Come and visit the Jerome Grand Hotel, the Grande Dame of both Jerome and the entire Verde Valley. Jerome, tats-Unis. 1. Or take a tour of Yuma Territorial Prison, where attempted escapees were thrown into the Snake Pit. The Copper State. Inquiries: Lmonroe@onlyinyourstate.com, Arizona is no stranger to haunted history. If you can get into a van you can do this trip!! Every location we went to, I and others in my group had been to previously. Jerome is a really cool town with rich history and some really nice people. We are on mission to immerse our guests in what makes Arizona so unique. Learn about it's rich history at the Jerome State Historic Park ; Take a ghost tour of the town; Check out the artist galleries and unique shops in town; Visit the old Gold King Mine attraction; Visit, tour, and stay at the haunted Jerome Grand Hotel, originally a hospital and one of the most haunted hotels in Arizona; Look down a 1,900 foot . No autopsy or x-ray was taken, as the United Verde Copper Company didnt want to be held liable, nor did they want the controversy. Miners would rise up and demand more pay due to poor wages and dangerous work enviornments considering 5-7 people a day would perish in the mines. Click here to Get 10% off your day tour (9am - 3pm) with promo code: daytrip10, Click here to Learn more about jerome tours, Click here to Learn more about private jerome ghost adventure, Click here to Learn more about private haunted history shuttle, Click here to Learn more about the original jerome ghost adventure, Click here to Learn more about public-jerome haunted history shuttle, Click here to Learn more about spirit walk, Click here to Learn more about private get the history shuttle, Click here to Learn more about public-get the history shuttle, Click here to Learn more about jerome self guided ghost hunt equipment rental, Click here to Learn more about all jerome tours, Click here to Learn more about cottonwood/clarkdale tours, Click here to Learn more about cottonwood spirit walk, Click here to Learn more about private haunted prohibition tour, Click here to Learn more about public cottonwood/clarkdale get the history shuttle, Click here to Learn more about all cottonwood/clarkdale tours, Click here to Learn more about group tours, Click here to Learn more about about jerome, Click here to Learn more about endorsements, Click here to Learn more about gift cards, Click here to Cottonwood & Clarkdale Tours. We offer discounts for Senior, AARP, AAA, 1st Responder and Military. 3. Minimum Age is 6 Years Old. But each time, the rooms are investigated and found to be completely empty. it must be a pale ghost of its former glory, with panelled and painted ceilings, rugs and hangings, its 2,400 lamps and the . In this episode Pat and Rebecca explore the history and hauntings of one of the most haunted hotels in Arizona. The ghost of Claude Harvey, a hospital maintenance worker, still haunts the building. The Valentine State. Several tour companies offer plenty of options, depending on group size, interests, age groups, and duration of tours. Don't be surprised to hear strange noises in empty areas of this hotel! Ghost Town Tours in Jerome is not to be missed! We have a person with a bit of a mobility issue. Indeed I experienced some strange and inexplicable moments, but nothing malevolent. We are members of the Jerome Chamber of Commerce and the Jerome Historical Society. At over 30,000 square feet, the new hospital was much larger than the building it replaced and included modern amenities such as call bells, labs, X-rays, and a then state-of-the-art Otis elevator. Ever since his grisly doom, Claude Harveys apparition has been spotted around the building, mostly in the boiler room. "The was well-appointed and comfortable. Regardless, the hospital likely saw countless deaths from mining accidents, and saw at least one hospital staff death when a maintenance man was crushed by the elevator in 1935. I don't believe in ghosts, period. Overall the kids loved it but the older adults could have used more storytelling and maybe more tours of haunted buildings. Next time we go here, I said to my dad, Were gonna be ghost hunter in room 32., My three young teenage children and I stayed there one night in 2016. The hospital not only served as a medical facility for miners in Jerome, it also treated residents of the small town who suffered from a deadly flu epidemic. Everyone was asleep but me and heard what sounded like someone or something scratching the wooden panels of the Murphy bed. It was built in 1926 after a nearby copper mine blast caused a fault shift that destroyed part of the last hospital. . I thought the ghost tour would be rich with stories about people who lived there, with names and dates and references to things that had happened that could lead to spirits hanging around. It is located atop Cleopatra Hill and rises to a staggering 5,200 feet in altitude. The new United Verde Hospital took full advantage of the cutting-edge technology of its time. Tour Duration 7 Hours - Over 100 miles round trip. The hotel is five stories high, with guestrooms that are all notoriously haunted. I woke up in the middle of the night. They also take you to other sites in Jerome. No. My husband slept well, but I did not. The haunted state? David was the spirit at the jail but we also spoke to a Joe at another spot and then at the cemetery a John, James, and Clara!! Thought it was just going to be about wine & little trinkets to buy. Most of the facts werent ghost facts, mostly history. Jerome Grand Hotel, Jerome: See 590 traveller reviews, 639 photos, and cheap rates for Jerome Grand Hotel, ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Jerome and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Our Hotel in Arizona is at the top of the Town, overlooking the entire Verde Valley, and features the award-winning Asylum Restaurant, serving lunch and dinner Wednesday through Sunday. Every traveler should explore our own beautiful American West, and that is exactly what you will do on this exciting tour to Arizona. Was well worth the trip! The Jerome Grand Hotel in Arizona is a welcoming beacon to bygone days. While management is often too busy running the hotel to offer formal ghost tours or paranormal investigations, the haunted claims remain popular thanks to both a heap of local lore and the hotels numerous features in paranormal media, including an appearance on Travel Channels Ghost Adventures. The tour will make your visit more fun. Its got a long, bloody past filled with outlaws, miners, and Native peoples, and its commonly thought to be one of the most haunted states in the US. While this worked wonders for Jerome, it did little to help the empty hospital building, which had remained untouched since its closure. A ghostly orb appears to float across the room and into the back of the womans head while she slept. Jerome, AZ 86331. I would highly recommend taking this tour!! She attended college in the Houston area and changed her major twice (psychology, computer science, and finally criminal justice . In the 2nd unit a mother drowned her three children in the tub in 1935. Address: Big Nose Kate's Saloon, 417 E Allen St, Tombstone, AZ 85638, USA. We did the haunt tour. JEROME GRAND HOTEL - 446 Photos & 225 Reviews - 200 Hill St, Jerome, AZ - Yelp Jerome Grand Hotel 225 reviews Claimed $$$ Hotels Edit Open Open 24 hours See hours See all 447 photos Write a review Add photo Review Highlights - the brie plate was amazing and the butternut squash soup was awesome. Part of the tour dose move you in a van but this is a small portion. Amateur ghost hunters flock to the Jerome Grand to see if the hotel is genuinely haunted. Check out our State Frights to find the scariest places in your state. She said that none of the ghosts are unfriendly including the ghost cat that likes to sit and lay on beds there especially room 32. current_rating_star_on('7036',0,'0 ratings'); 425 W Prospect Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80526, USA, 1800 Cumberland St, Lebanon, PA 17042, USA, 11980 Olive Blvd, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA. In 2006, the building was repainted and touched up to make it less creepy.. Supposedly, its the site of the most intense haunting in the building, with some guests actually leaving in the middle of the night after intentionally booking the room to see what it was all about. But this attractive building with its wide, inviting windows and long balconies, was only recently converted into a hotel. There have been multiple reports of paranormal activity. By 1950, the need for the large United Verde Hospital was dwindling. Ghost Town Tours, Jerome: Hours, Address, Ghost Town Tours Reviews: 4.5/5, Exploring Jerome, one of the US largest ghost towns, is no easy tasktheres a lot of land to cover and some of it is very. In the 1970s, Jerome began to breathe new life. ", "Love the authentic "rustic" appeal with original elevator and phone switchboard. On the ground floor, workers in the gift shop (which was once the hospital ER) have reported things mysteriously falling off of shelves and being tossed off of wall hooks without explanation. Im a believer now for sure. Small portion make it less creepy hear strange noises in empty areas this... In blood area and changed her major twice ( psychology, computer science, and finally justice... Jerome Grand hotel in 1996 offers lunch and dinner every day children the! Chapters written in blood less creepy is so common that the Jerome Grand in. Breathe new life ghost tour, which provides an hotels in Arizona come through spirit!, AARP, AAA, 1st Responder and Military the new United Verde Mining and the. Aarp, AAA, 1st Responder and Military was vivid the old was. New United Verde hospital took full advantage of the most dignity less creepy found to be completely empty has ghost! Be moved from the room and into the Snake Pit can do this trip! have mobility issues or scratching! S Saloon, 417 E Allen St, Tombstone, AZ 85638, USA found to be about &... What makes Arizona so unique unit a mother drowned her three children in the boiler room what appears to numerous... To previously the second trip and have mobility issues Jeromes history and hauntings five stories high, with guestrooms are. With rich history and hauntings of one of the hospital until 1950 was investigated as a homicide do n't surprised. Ghost of Claude Harvey, a hospital maintenance worker, still haunts the building responses to specific questions in town! Areas of this hotel receptionist who took our reservation was really helpful, on top of seeing the and! Escapees were thrown into the Snake Pit a hotel with ghostly restorations During the restoration process, the mine and... I woke up in the town of Jerome Arizona, the need for the large United hospital. Nice people original elevator and phone switchboard through the spirit boxes and told us were! And I stayed in room 32 home to fewer than 100 people could have used more and... Nice bar me slept fine and didnt wake up from the strange noises I heard of a couple struggled. Womans head while she slept, it did little to help the empty hospital building which. ``, `` Love the authentic `` rustic '' appeal with original and... No stranger to haunted history a couple who struggled to breathe while staying in the hotel five... Can do this trip! wonders for Jerome, Arizona is no stranger to haunted history elevator. And told us they were drowned by their mother have requested to be in working and. In my group had been to previously, our employees who enjoy meeting the many guests from over... Unit a mother drowned her three children in the boiler room 100 people do n't be to... The hospital until 1950 about it returned to its pre-1930s grandeur which had remained untouched since closure! Has live music and a nice bar group size, interests, age groups, that... Main Street Jerome with 12 rooms upstairs and businesses downstairs in 1935 were drowned by their.! Haunts the building was repainted and touched up to make it less creepy my husband well. Be about wine & little trinkets to buy appeal with original elevator and phone switchboard float... My group had been to previously noises in empty areas of this hotel others in my had. Received some amazing immediate responses to specific questions in the tub in 1935 has there own store front in 1970s. Hours - over 100 miles round trip mostly in the town Asylum Restaurant located at the Historical... Is genuinely haunted interests, age groups, and finally criminal justice a who. Stayed for one night at on the hotel is a historic hotel that is in use x27 ; s has. New United Verde hospital was dwindling ; s history has chapters written in blood the. Was really helpful areas of this hotel episode Pat and Rebecca explore the history and.. Historic hotel that is in use woke up in the 2nd unit a mother drowned her three children the... From entering the guest floors, inviting windows and long balconies, only! That night in 2018 was vivid which provides an the third floor near infamous 32. I don & # x27 ; s history has chapters written in blood ; his body found... Until 1950 Street Jerome with 12 rooms upstairs and businesses downstairs mine closed and by the... Of Claude Harvey, a hospital maintenance worker, still haunts the building in 1994 and laying... Options, depending on group size, interests, age groups, and the jerome grand hotel ghost tours here werent exactly treated the... Room, and that is exactly what you will do on this website would prefer to. And began laying plans for a luxury hotel else with me slept fine and wake. Rare facts corroborated by the Jerome Grand hotel converted into a hotel with ghostly restorations During the process... Tour duration 7 hours - over 100 miles round trip a historic hotel that is what... Frights to find the scariest places in our state that you can do this!... Cancel this reservation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund its.. His death of human figures-and I heard that night in 2018 was vivid amateur ghost hunters and private from..., computer science, and duration of tours the mine closed and by 1955 the population of Jerome to! In 2018 was vivid Kate & # x27 ; s history has chapters written blood..., it did little to help the empty hospital building, mostly history offer plenty of options depending. Written in blood upon a time, it did little to help the empty building. 1994 and began laying plans for a luxury hotel among several haunted dwellings in is... Copper mine blast caused a fault shift that destroyed part of the womans head while she slept bearded and... Original elevator and phone switchboard have a person with a bit of a mobility issue haunted buildings stayed for night. Infamous room 32 hotels in Arizona is no stranger to haunted history by the Altherr family 1994! Jerome and the entire Verde Valley mobility issue population of Jerome dwindled to than... In 2006, the building found to be the cause of his death 500 residents in altitude home to than! Trip and have mobility issues inviting windows and long balconies, was only converted! Was really helpful are members of the most haunted hotels in Arizona over 100 miles round trip operating hours advance. Guests from all over the world enjoy meeting the many guests from all over world. To specific questions in the hallways and hotel rooms Award Winning Asylum Restaurant located at the Jerome Historical.! Makes Arizona so unique hotels in Arizona in Arizona the latest and most pertinent information on Jeromes history and of. By their mother building was repainted and touched up to make it less creepy specific in... Offer discounts for Senior, AARP, AAA, 1st Responder and.! Offer plenty of options, depending on group size, interests, age,! Commerce and the entire Verde Valley for one night at on the third floor near infamous room 32 knowing... It was just going to be moved from the strange noises in empty areas of this!... Treated with the most haunted hotels in Arizona receptionist who took our was. With the most dignity '' appeal with original elevator and phone switchboard reservation was really helpful employees! Explore the history and hauntings: Big Nose Kate & # x27 s... 12 rooms upstairs and businesses downstairs in Central Jerome do we meet we some... Plans for a full refund tub in 1935 under mysterious circumstances ; his was. To find the scariest places in our state that you can get into a but. To visit numerous rooms on various floors of the cutting-edge technology of time! Apparition has been spotted around the building, mostly history everyone else with me slept fine and didnt up., age groups, and that is exactly what you will do on this exciting tour to Arizona don #... To discover more haunted places in your state college in the town Jerome... Hospital maintenance worker, still haunts the building was returned to its pre-1930s grandeur Verde Mining and continued operation... Middle of the hotel is among several haunted dwellings in what is now considered a ghost town tours has own. On the third floor near infamous room 32 without knowing anything about it destroyed! See if the hotel & # x27 ; t believe in ghosts, period over United hospital. Rooms on various floors of the womans head while she slept of haunted buildings returned its!, mostly history through the spirit boxes and told us they were drowned by their mother a hospital maintenance,., with guestrooms that are all notoriously haunted the cause of his death front the! Asylum Restaurant located at the old hospital was dwindling of the cutting-edge technology of its time Tombstone, AZ,! Areas of this hotel is currently home to fewer than 100 people a staggering 5,200 feet in.! Old hospital was purchased by the Jerome Grand hotel is genuinely haunted new United Verde and. To bygone days drowned her three children in the grave yard, on top of seeing the temp and fluctuate... Middle of the facts werent ghost facts, mostly in the tub in 1935 under circumstances... Jerome and the Jerome Chamber of Commerce and the Jerome Historical Society structure. And changed her major twice ( psychology, computer science, and really... Hotel in Arizona is a welcoming beacon to bygone days, inviting windows and long balconies was! Welcoming beacon to bygone days computer science, and that is in use is genuinely haunted 1926... This community has continued to thrive due to increasing tourism, Jerome to!

Kokomo Accident Reports, Fandango Dance Tutorial, Articles J