kicker hs8 vs hs10

I have installed the 8 and the 10 and the 10 gives you a lot more than the 8 in my opinion. 2: it mentions have no/low output due to reversed polarity. So anyone who has a truly high-powered factory installed audio system in their car but still wants more bass can swap straight into the HS10.. The switch is labeled on your Hideaway. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. As if thatdoesntmake it easy enough, Kicker has also supplied a built in Hi/Low converter so that you are able to usethose signal wires for high level input behind a factory radio at the harness or you have the option to solder on RCAs and plug directly onto your aftermarket radio. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. General Features: Specifically designed 8" heavy duty subwoofer. Crutchfield is a servicemark of Crutchfield Corporation. You may return most new, unopened items fulfilled by Amazon AU within 30 days of receipt of delivery for a replacement or full refund of the price you paid for the item if you change your mind - see About Replacements and About Refunds. Accepting input signals ranging from a mere 0.25 volt to as high as 40 volts (400 watts at 4) and fully compatible with newer vehicles using start/stop systems, the HS10 works with almost any vehicle on the road today without the added expense of a line output converter. Your website is very efficient and easily navigable, selection is wide, and technical/chat support is outstanding. Shop all departments Articles & videos. This item: Kicker HS10 10" Hideaway Powered Subwoofer. KICKER KKP212 KICKPACK 122ch Amazon.co.jp: KICKER HIDEAWAY HS10 180W KICKER HIDEAWAY HS10 180W 25cm() HS8 | . Press J to jump to the feed. 10 inch kicker subwoofers Review: 1. When Kicker created the original Hideaway compact HS8 powered sub, they wanted to make a subwoofer that could fit almost anywhere and still deliver the performance that made Kicker famous. I mean for free id take a W7 over a L7 but kicker bang for buck is better than JL. Search 2021 f150 sub install and handyman cave for tutorial. Compare Kicker 11HS8 vs Rockford Fosgate PS-8. It also features high- and low-level inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit, plus two automatic turn-on options for incredibly easy activation. 10-inch Powered under-seat subwoofer. Heads, Subs, EQs, etc Bring it into our show room. View the Kicker Hideaway HS10 manual for free or ask your question to other Kicker Hideaway HS10 owners. Were all the same. Amazon AU offers free returns shipping for change of mind returns on eligible items. If you do not consent, please do not continue with chat assistance. It is great in my super crew F150. It includes a pair of studio-quality headphones, and a guide to getting the most out of your session, and a few other necessary items. Hideaway HS10 is an upgraded version of the original Hideaway HS8 which to date is one of the best-selling submarines. PSB Alpha S10 Kicker KISLOC 2-Channel K-Series Speaker Cable to RCA Adapter with Line Out Converter. Sold by UTV Stereo and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. With the Rockford P300-10, you get a low impedance, 10" subwoofer that will deliver the performance you expect from Rockford Fosgate with a built-in 300 watt amplifier. I installed behind the rear seat. endstream endobj 147 0 obj <. Substation enclosure system (2 pages) Enclosure Kicker KB6000 Owner's Manual. It also features high- and low-level inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit, plus two automatic turn-on options for incredibly easy activation. This 8-inch subwoofer sounds like a 10" or a 12" and does it while taking up very little space. This box is compact, low-profile, yet extremely powerful. I'm currently in a small home studio space (15x20 room) hopefully moving . I have a Subaru Crosstrek and it would be going under the drivers seat. , ASIN Add to cart. The starting point in the instructions were pretty close. endstream endobj startxref 2019 Yamaha marked the 50th Anniversary of the Pro Audio division by offering a special limited-edition model: the "HS MP Model". Pick Up in Store. These two products are virtually the same, the P300-10 is designed to go in the trunk of a car while the P300-10T is designed to go behind the seat of a truck. This subwoofer is essentially the same as our #1 overall selection, but in a larger 12" size which makes it a little more difficult for some installations due to the larger size of the enclosure. They're always very helpful! Youll be able to adjust this to your liking later. Kicker HS10 Hideaway Active Subbox 25 CM (10 ") Active Subwoofer 360 Watt Sub. Before starting make sure your bass level (if you have one) on your radio is set to its most centered position. In equal volume mode, we've made the loudness of each speaker about the same. The Hideaway comes with an adjustable low-pass crossover, variable +6dB bass boost, phase switch, and two auto turn-on options: DC-offset or signal sensing. That means it can be installed as a direct replacement to an HS8 just unplug the old subwoofer and plug in the new HS10. The 8 just isnt doing it for me. Just ask Francis! . If your not sure what position you should put it in think about this. Frequency . Check voltage output on the speaker wires and match. New electronic items fulfilled by Amazon AU can be returned for change of mind, for a replacement or a full refund of the purchase cost of the item within 30 days of receipt of delivery.For information about returning faulty electronics please see Returning Faulty Items. Please see About Marketplace Returns & Refunds for details on Seller returns policies. When in doubt go bigger. More details: Add to cart The Hideaway HS10 is a compact powered 10-inch subwoofer that delivers surprising low frequency impact in a tough, all-aluminum frame. Kicker 46HS10 Car Audio Hideway. Try to mount the Kicker hideaway somewhere the amplifier can breathe, it will definitely get hot if is not in a properly ventilated location. Im wondering the same thing. The third and final thing to remember, This is very important. Nylon straps with Velcro help secure enclosure in place. . If you want to add some bass to simply fill out the bottom end, but you don't like or want alot of bass, this is the solution. I always choose to support you guys over a big box. Now turn your wired bass knob about half way up. I ordered an 8 before realizing a 10 was available. Make sure you have the proper polarity. system. $299.99. Now i'm just not sure which is the right choice. A bass-knob is included with the enclosure that allows you to turn the bass up or down for the perfect amount of bass for each song, genre, or recording. youll start to notice bass coming from your Kicker Hideaway at this point. Manual Kicker Hideaway HS10. Box Width: 9 3/8 inches, 23.8 Cm. $491.46. Use sine wave tones from you tube not A radio station or other music. Check out our, 17' power input/ 8' speaker-level input/ 2' ground/ 2' remote turn-on, When purchased from an Authorized KICKER Dealer or kicker.com, KICKER warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEARS from date of original purchase. JL Audio is best known for their amplifiers and their subwoofers and the ACP108LG-W3v3 puts both of them in an easy-to-install enclosure. A mere two millimeters taller than its little brother the HS8, the HS10 delivers more power and a bigger impact in an all-aluminum frame. This item: KICKER 46HS10 Compact Powered 10-inch Subwoofer. The Hideaway HS10 is a compact powered 10-inch subwoofer that delivers surprising low frequency impact in a tough, all-aluminum frame. Tim uses pedal power to get around our leafy Charlottesville headquarters. hb```,|i eat@@BeH@!4Fpdtx!Iq30Y2 ?5 It operates on 95 Watts and has a high-end frequency range of 30KHz. cart reminders) from ClassicCarStereos at the cell number used when signing up. Kicker took the success of their 8" hideaway powered subwoofer and made it bigger and better without actually making it bigger in size. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Contact Us and see About Items That Cant Be Returned. If youve already installed your bass knob controller turn that down all the way as well. . Please also see About Free Returns. 180 Watt amplifier drives the HS10; 150 Watt amp the HS8 ; Ultra-compact at just more than three inches high ; Minimal parts and quick-connect Molex plug and harness ; Remote bass control included ; . This means that trouble shooting your kicker Hideaway should be pretty simple! Our subwoofer shopping guide will help you determine which kind of subwoofer and bass system you need, to get the sound you want. This wire needs a 12v source that should be live only when the vehicle is on. You can also buy, sell, or trade your car audio gear with other forum members in our popular classifieds. This is to allow the enclosure to fit behind the seat of single cab trucks. Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup. If you have not planned on it, youre going to want new door speakers and a amp to drive them to keep up. If you no longer wish to receive the call, please click the button to cancel your request. As I shift sound to the right side, all sound from the sub goes away. In looking at that, I found that Kicker released a somewhat updated version, the HS10, earlier in 2020. Start by turning your frequency knob on the Hideaway system to the left until you hit the middle of the circle pointing up. The output of this enclosure is better than the Rockford P300-10 thanks to the extra power and ported enclosure. Right off the hop, it's not a lot of output to begin with. This powered sub accepts both high and low level inputs allowing you to use it with both factory and aftermarket radios and it has automatic turn-on capability via audio signal or DC offset. Calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. Nobody will see a box in your trunk or anything under the seat. It also features high- and low-level inputs for integration with nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit, plus two automatic turn-on options for incredibly easy activation. and even after I get around to installing the Kicker HS10 I don't think I will use the CH01 for my premium system. This little box does the trick and might be the best overall value of any powered enclosure thanks to the price point. $31.50. Knowing which model headphones youre using lets us remove any sonic coloring from your experience. Car Audio Shows ETC. The customer support team is personal and phenomenal. Sundown Audio makes, The Pioneer TS-W3003D4 is one of the most affordable high performance subwoofer in its class. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to switch my order. I then made the Wiring harness using the stock amp harness and the 1212 factory harness. Did you use that wire as an amp turn on option? Fast, free shipping to Washington. What's you see is what you get. Powered by BigCommerce, Secure shopping made faster - shop without retyping payment details, KICKER 46HS10 10 " Hideaway Powered Woofer, Rockford Fosgate Processors & Accessories, Rockford Fosgate 5 Inch Component Speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6 Inch Component Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Wiring Kits & Accessories, Kicker CWCS104 10 CompC 4 Ohm SVC Subwoofer, Kicker CWR102 10" Dual 2 Ohm CompR (CWR) Subwoofer, Kicker HS8 Hideaway Compact Powered Subwoofer, Kicker TCWC104 10" CompC Subwoofer Enclosure, Kicker 46CWTB84 Tube Enclosure With 43CWRT182 Woofer, Alpine PWD-X5 All-in-one compact Subwoofer, Amplifier and DSP, Pioneer TSWX130DA Space Saver Amplified Subwoofer System, Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ 7" Powered Enclosed Sub Woofer Max 160W 20X13cm Woofer Size. Then tweak over time. I added the HS10 along with the "Plug & Play, (8) Speaker, Kicker KS kit from "Trail . Better frequency response. Kicker HS8 8" Hideaway Powered Subwoofer . Features : Now includes a 10-inch sub model, along with the 8-inch. your Grey wire from the kicker harness is the right side positive high-level input. The quick-connect Molex plug and harness includes power, signal and remote turn-on. With 300 watts of Rockford Fosgate power and a proprietary subwoofer the delivers that Rockford Fosgate Punch, you can't go wrong with the P300-12. More info. The Kicker Hideaway HS10 has the same overall dimensions as the smaller 8" model, but the 10" hideaway has a bigger subwoofer for better output. Kicker 12 Loaded Enclosure is comprised of kickers smallest sealed enclosure and their Kicker comp RT Shallow mount 10, Sundown Audio 12 Inch Subwoofer Review [Sundown Audio SA 12 D4 REV.3 Review] The Most Popular 12 Subwoofer Ever! Love Crutchfield! Star Ratings. At just over three inches high and nearly 14 inches long, the Hideaway combines a 150-watt amplifier and an 8-inch subwoofer to add . The all-new Kicker Hideaway HS10 is a compact, powered, 10-inch subwoofer that delivers surprising low frequency impact in a tough, all-alluminium frame. The Audison Prima APBX 10 AS2 is our favorite overall powered subwoofer enclosure. I have made these changes in Forscan 727-01-01 xxx8, and 727-01-02 0A88 C3. A mere two millimeters taller than its little brother the HS8, the HS10 delivers more power and a bigger impact! The first step is to connect the grey and white speaker wires. Kicker, aka the Ace of bass, has a history stretching back to 1973 when it launched its first speakers on the market. The HS10 sub adds the extra punch of a 10" speaker and a built-in 180-watt amplifier to give you really impressive bass response from a sub that will still fit almost anywhere. But performance in the real world is affected by the acoustics of your car or home, your choice of amplification, and your source material. It fills in the missing base that was left out by factory speaker setup. Bad reviews for this sub (other than defective) must have not had the gains set right or used cheap thin wires. Rockford Fosgate took the technology that they used in their 300 watt powered enclosures and took it to the next level with this product. Left Right. The HS10 comes with a quick-connect Molex plug and harness that includes power, signal and remote turn-on. 165 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<60F3262B0C9D704A9F34851196E6C76B><6D43225CA577614D87B6B4D0D0F99581>]/Index[146 32]/Info 145 0 R/Length 97/Prev 122302/Root 147 0 R/Size 178/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream 180 Watt amplifier drives the HS10; 150 Watt amp the HS8. Why Does My stereo Cut out at High Volume? hbbd```b``:"/ d*0:-&d,eYa$s@l( ^EPo = Make sure to scrape away any paint from the contact point of the wire and the metal. BOOK A CAR AUDIO CONSULTATION > SKU: 46HS10 . Box Depth: 13 7/8, 35.2 cm. JBL Stage 1010 manual 38 pages. Need Help Installing any Audio Equipment? After youve set all of your input settings properly a good thing to do when tuning any amplifier is to turn your gain settings down to the very lowest possible. Kicker CDF104 Down-Firing 10" Subwoofer Enclosure. Accepting input signals ranging from a mere 0.25 volt to as high as 40 volts (400 watts at 4) and fully compatible with newer vehicles using start/stop systems, the HS10 works with almost any vehicle on the road today without the added expense of a line output converter. Especially, the Kicker Hideaway. Q&A, Advice, Tips, tricks and tech welcome! Here's how to install a typical powered sub. %%EOF 146 0 obj <> endobj enclosure with one 8" woofer. The JBL BassPro HUB is a unique powered subwoofer. Amazon AU does not accept returns for items sold and fulfilled by third-party sellers. : The Hideaway HS10 will retail for $349.95. So lets talk Tuning the Kicker Hideaway. Star Ratings. Car audio & video Home audio TVs & video Headphones & wireless Marine Smart home Cameras & drones Pro audio Health More Specials Articles & videos B2B Sales. 45W LF plus 25W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 70W power amplification. Powered subs include all the elements of a subwoofer system subwoofer, amplifier, and enclosure. Change of mind returns of baby items fulfilled by Amazon AU will qualify for Free Returns shipping if the item detail page includes "Free Returns" messaging. Shop the Best 10" Powered Subwoofer for Performance. Mr Paterson says the new HS10 has been meticulously finetuned by Kicker engineers to deliver astounding performance and sound without the time-consuming setup required for a typical amp-sub upgrade. Kicker Hideaway HS8 manual 28 pages. Before mounting please make sure this is a safe area for pets and children, so it wont get touched or disconnected. KICKER 11HS8 Active Cast Aluminium Subbox Black. If you are a long time veteran, feel free to use this as a form to discuss with other like minded enthusiasts. Click here to learn more. To help you choose the right speakers, we recommend using Crutchfields SpeakerCompare Listening Kit. How to Choose the Right Power and Ground Wire. I have the 8 version under the rear seat of my f-150, and am really debating the 10. If your amps light is on and you have no sound that is generally a phase issue. If you are comparing this to the Rockford P300-8P, the JL Audio outperforms the Rockford box, but it should because it is more expensive. It worked fine for about a year, then one day I turned my car on and it stopped working. Read reviews and buy Kicker 46HS10 Hideaway Compact Powered 10" Subwoofer Enclosure at Target. The quick-connect Molex plug and harness includes power, signal and remote turn-on. It broke in and I kept tweaking it for probably 3 weeks here and there. But this time youll use the white and white with black stripe wires. Its next to impossible to get this amount of, Pioneer TS WX120A Review It is a given that there are a lot of people who are looking to get a bit more bass. If your looking for great bass in your vehicle, easy install, that dont take up much space this is for you. 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter. Yamaha HS8 vs Yamaha NS10. Comp subwoofer enclosures (12 pages) Enclosure Kicker PS80 Manual. Skar Audio EVL-8 D4 8. Audison has this product down right! Building on the success of its little brother, the Hideaway HS8, the Hideaway HS10 adds more power (180Watts versus 150Watts) in a larger woofer (10-inch vs 8-inch) whilst keeping the subwoofers overall dimensions similar to the HS8 its only two millimetres taller. Kicker HS10 - 10 Powered Subwoofer 180 Watts RMS. Skar Audio SDR-12 D4 12. This is an 11 inch, fiberglass cone subwoofer that is designed to fit inside of the spare tire in your trunk. Kicker has the Solox and JL has the W7.thats about th best of the 2Both of the companies are are alright but both are overpriced about equally. It has a built-in, 200W RMS amplifier and it delivers deep, hard-hitting, bass without distortion. The built-in amplifier puts out 400 watts RMS thanks to the super efficient amplifier design and ultra low impedance subwoofer. Shop smart & save time when you connect with an advisor, Your advisor will be able to share relevant pages and add items to your cart, Please turn active noise cancelling off for best results, Single 10" subwoofer enclosure with 300-watt amp, Hideaway compact powered subwoofer: 150 watts and an 8" sub, Hideaway Series 10" compact powered subwoofer with 180-watt amp, Compact powered subwoofer with 6"x8" sub and 100-watt amp. But Im afraid the 10 will be just as bad, so also debating a traditional 10 shallow mount sub/box/amp, which will cost probably over 1000 bucks. Reviewed in the United States on 12 September 2020, The worst. Now includes a 10-inch sub model, along with the 8-inch, 180 Watt amplifier drives the HS10; 150 Watt amp the HS8, Ultra-compact at just more than three inches high, Minimal parts and quick-connect Molex plug and harness, Is Discontinued By Manufacturer Easy process from start to finish, and the availability of information is second to none. They are meant for grandpas to blare their WWII patriotic big band music out of their lincoln continentals. Shop Best Powered Subwoofer to Save Trunk Space, Dash Speaker Buyer's Guide for Classic Cars Best Under Seat Speakers for Cars Classic Car Kick Panel Speakers Buyer's Guide JL Audio Subwoofer and Amp Recommendations Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer & Amp Recommendations Best 8 Inch Subwoofers for Cars Best 12 Inch Subwoofers for Cars Single vs. Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers Best 10 Inch Subwoofers for Cars Kicker CX vs. KX Amplifiers Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure vs. Making Your Own Box How to Tell if Your Amplifier is 1 Ohm or 2 Ohm Stable, Amplifiers Buyer's Guides Comparisons Customer Stories JL Audio JL Subwoofers Kicker Kicker Subwoofers Radios Rockford Fosgate Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers Speakers Subwoofers Tech Tips & Articles, January, 2022 October, 2021 September, 2021 August, 2021 July, 2021 June, 2021 May, 2021 January, 2021 December, 2020 more archive dates full article list, Save 10% on your entire order, excluding AAR. You simply cannot be considered a car audio enthusiast or installer if you have not yet heard of this self powered subwoofer system. make sure the amp turn on switch is set to 12v+. After you set your Amps turn on settings properly, double check and make sure your input level settings are properly adjusted. For The Car Audio and Video beginners to enthusiast to everything in between! 17' power input/ 8' speaker-level input/ 2' ground/ 2' remote turn-on, Kicker Hideaway HS10 Powered Subwoofer - 46HS10, 2023 Autobarn, Inc. All rights reserved. This thing sounds way bigger than an 8-inch subwoofer, it is easy to install, it is very compact, and it simply sounds great. I ordered an 8" before realizing a 10" was available. Use your ears and listen to how much bass is present coming from your Kicker now. The amplifier delivers 250 watts of RMS power and this little box hits hard. Copyright and Trademark Notice. Kicker L7R152 manual 8 pages. Which speaker is better in terms of loudness and quality: SP audio or deaf bonce? rbryant76 Well-Known Member . CarAudio.com is the oldest and largest car audio forum community, since 2000. So ill make this part pretty strait forward and easy to understand. The woofer material is a polypropylene on the HS8. Cone area is King, I mean no under seat subwoofer is going to really be giving you "Loud" bass so you might as well get the 10 if it fits. If you are new to the hobby, you can subscribe, post and view our wiki for basic starting information. The sound quality and DB range for a subwoofer this size was amazing and I very much enjoyed the install. In or near New Hampshire??? Now connect the grey wire with a black stripe from the kicker harness to that same speakers negative wire. Kicker Hideaway HS10 Powered Subwoofer - 46HS10. AU $579.00 New. These answers and more in our FAQ. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you've provided to them or that they've collected from your use of their services. Would the under the seat air space constrain the potential for the 10? I have a kicker hideaway in my 08 Colorado. SpecificationsSubwoofer (in, cm)10, 25RMS power (watts)180Frequency response (Hz)25-120Crossover12dB/octave Lowpass 50120Hz;24dB/octave Highpass @ 25HzPhase switch0/180Input sensitivity:Low level - 250mV-10VHigh level - 1V-40VKickEQ boostvariable to +6dB @ 40HzRemote bassincludedBox Depth (in, cm)12-3/8, 31.4Box Height (in, cm)3-1/8, 8.1Box Width (in, cm)9-7/8, 24.9Weight (lbs, kg)11.4, 5.17, Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales, Designed by Flair This powered enclosure measures only 3.125 inches tall and will fit under the seats of many cars. Pick Up in Store. 1-888-292-2575. Which hits harder: one 12" sub or two 10" subs? Drive safe! If you have your wires hooked up from a low level signal (signal often used to go into a factory or aftermarket amp)you will need to make sure that switch is in the position labeled Lo. KICKER innovates once again, with FIT+ (Fail-safe Integration Technology PLUS). KICKER innovates once again, with FIT+ (Fail-safe Integration Technology PLUS). Installed in 2021 f150 and sounds good so far. Free postage. Available in store only. both cost way to much and both are BASSASS. The single 8" W3v3 powered enclosure is amazing. 12-inch subs hit harder and sound better than 10-inch subs because there is more surface area. Finished the install of the Kicker HS8 Hideaway Sub this weekend and very happy with the outcome. In other states where we don't collect sales tax, it may be the customer's responsibility to assure that all appropriate state use taxes are paid. Learn about the features and technical specifications included among today's car stereo subwoofers. Added to Your Cart. Another thing you want to consider is how well you are able to mount this unit. I'm curious what peoples opinions are about these two monitors. ls. Join the community today and get started. kicker stuff can b sold on craigslist to some kids that dont know any better for almost what u paid for it. Building on the success of its little brother, the Hideaway HS8, the Hideaway HS10 adds more power (180Watts versus 150Watts) in a larger woofer (10-inch vs 8-inch) whilst . That said the 10 does have more output than the 8 and some times that jump in size can make all the difference in the install. I'm trying to install the Kicker Hideaway in my XLT with Sync 2. Look for the "Free Returns" messaging on the detail page of an item to confirm if it is eligible for free returns. $599.85. It will say Auto Turn on. They have similar mid range character, with the edge going to the HS7 for vocal translation due to the smaller woofer. If your fuse is good then your connection to the battery is the issue. When you put that power to a low-impedance 12" subwoofer in a ported enclosure, you get maximum output from an all-in-one bass solution. Frequency response 25-150Hz Bass Boost 6+db @ 40Hz. I am happy for now. A mere two millimeters taller than its little brother theHS8, the HS10 delivers more power and a bigger impact in an all-aluminum frame.

Morristown, Tn Most Wanted, Jason Alexander Tail Real, Articles K