slide rock sedona water temperature

Once inside, you can walk up the creek and see some of the most beautiful parts of the creek nestled in the red rocks. Map. This natural marvel is located in Coconino National forest and managed by Arizona State Parks and the U.S. Forest Service. Slide Rock State Park takes its name from a natural water slide formed by the slippery red rock bed of Oak Creek. April weather can be anything from a last winter snow storm to early summer heat with temps in the 80s. Report inappropriate content kathy884 Saint Louis. With extravagant limousines for larger groups and plush SUVs for smaller groups. Enjoy, Amanda! This house located in Sedona, AZ 86336 is currently for sale for $5,250,000. Water shoes for grip and to protect your feet while sliding, A bathing suit that covers your behind to avoid scratches. It consists of single-family campsites that are relatively near each other. Do you have any insight on the road conditions on Highways 179 and 89a? This fairly popular day use area offers a wide range of swimming, sunbathing, and cliff jumping options. A Red Rock Pass ($5 per day / $15 per week) or a valid National Park Interagency Pass must be displayed. You can still enjoy the natural waterslide when the creek is running low, but the water will be cold. The premier source for events, concerts, nightlife, festivals, sports and more in your city! Statistics for 28 Feb (1981-2005) - mean: 85 F , range: 83 F to 86 F. Very warm air temperatures and very warm water (84 F) too at Sliding Rock, warm enough for wearing board shorts and a rash vest in the surf. Very detailed post. We use one of those windshield reflectors, always park in the shade (even if it means a longer walk), and we recently bought WeatherTech window rain guards, which means we can keep the windows cracked a bit without having to worry about people being able to break in (you cant really even see that the windows are cracked open). I want to go back now! Frank L. Pendley, having arrived in the canyon in 1907, formally acquired the land under the Homestead Act in 1910. From there you can access Slide Rock. So if one area is busy, then its easy to move to another. Phoenix, To prevent E. coli-bacteria infections the water is tested daily but refraining or reporting such irresponsible behavior is very much appreciated! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND DISPOSE OF YOUR TRASH PROPERLY. The parking lot is limited, and parking on the main road is prohibited. These organizations work very hard to keep this incredible area clean and safe but they need everyones help to preserve Slide Rock. When was the last time you went down a water slide? See this desert town's red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls, and pine forests a scenic drive full of fun for the entire family. The Sedona Hiking App currently has over 110 trails, over four hundred miles of trail documented and available in the App. So thank you . Parking spots are limited and pulling off along the main road (AZ State Route 89A) is prohibited. Visitors can watch thunderheads build in the afternoon and may experience a brief shower or a torrential downpour. Slide Rock Park Beauty. If you plan on parking here, we suggest arriving very early. This type of activity is not outside my realm of normal activities. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. You will receive discounts for tastings and bottles of wine, at some of the winer So beautiful in fact, that many movies including "Angel and the Badman" (1946) with John Wayne were filmed there. (2022 Crime Rates And Crime Stats), A Guide To Enjoying Your Visit To Newberry Springs, California, Top 10 Places To See The Northern Lights In Washington. Is it ok to swim in the water if you have a cut or fresh piercing. This includes Excellent wine, Amazing food, Luxurious vehicles, Guides that want nothing more, than to make your heart Blissfully happy - Cheers! Improvement projects like playgrounds, restrooms, and other infrastructure to improve park experiences. The world-famous slide that our park is named for is an 80 foot-long slippery chute that is worn into sandstone. They shared that they see a consistent stream of injuries from this park and most of them are far worse than mine. Pendley also grew garden produce and kept some livestock. I was hoping to do a road bicycle ride from Village of Oak Creek to Slide Rock State Park. While the hike out will deter the more casual swimming hole goers, there will still be a decent amount people out there. How to find the spot: From the parking lot, the swimming holesare just a short walk up Allens Bend Trail, which can be picked up at the north end of the parking lot. Important Legacy real-time page. This park is a State park so there is a fee to get in and the parking lot is large so a lot of people can be in the area all at once. Grab your bathing suit and towel, because we just spent a week scouting out the best swimming holes in and around Sedona, AZ. VEHICLE ADMISSION ONLY. Quick question about Arizona heat, well have a laptop on the trip for work, and I was wondering if you have any tips for how to keep your laptop cool enough during the trip to avoid a meltdown :). Is there cliff jumping at Slide Rock? The trees didnt have leaves yet and the water was still pretty chilly, but that didnt stop us from getting into the summer spirit. Entrance fee today was $30 per car (up to 4 people only) which was higher than expected based on previous reviews. The creek clears up in a few days on its own. Not only in the orchard but historic cabins are available for viewing, and the creek offers the park's namesake slide for adventures seekers and those looking for a place to cool off. Slide Rock State Park features a natural rock water slide located in Oak Creek Canyon just 15 minutes from Sedona and 40 minutes from Flagstaff. Thank you unsuspecting pioneer person who named the creek and snickering college kid who named the swimming hole. Wintertime brings a chill to the air after the leaves have fallen from the trees in late October to early November. What hotels are near Slide Rock State Park? Parking: Slide Rock State Park has its own dedicated parking lot which cost $10 per vehicle (cash only). Its located along a bend in Oak Creek, which means it can remain shady until midday: a positive if its hot, a negative if its chilly. Your article is exceptional!!! These include Pendley Homestead Trail (.25 miles), Slide Rock Route (.3 miles), and Clifftop Nature Trail (.25). As one of the few homesteads left intact in the canyon today,Slide Rock State Parkis a fine example of early agricultural development in Central Arizona. How to find the spot: From Baldwin Trail parking lot, cross the road and follow Baldwin Trail north until it links up with Red Rock Crossing Trail. This section of Oak Creek has some deep sections for swimming, but the main attraction are the large red rock beaches that are perfect for laying out. 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Tuesdayafter Labor Day- November 30 Both wild brown and stocked rainbow trout can be found there. 97% of travelers recommend this experience. The address for parking is the same as the address as the park: The parking lot fills up quickly and you cant park along the main road so show up early if youre visiting during peak season. 100% of travelers recommend this experience. I am heading to AZ in May and staying in the Village of Oak Creek. For a once in a lifetime experience I guess it was worth it. I had read the reviews ahead of time and knew it was slippery. Mariska is a recovering attorney who gave up her professional job to discover new perspectives of life while traveling in a 2009 Ford Transit. The rocks are also very slippery due to algae, so its easy to fall. Beautiful spot, COLD and fast water not super enjoyable for young kids or dogs. Most people pay for parking at the Red Rock Crossing picnic area ($10 cash only), but we took the trouble of finding a cheaper parking alternative. As high pressure continues to build through June and early July, wet monsoon weather patterns are pushed into Arizona from Mexico, bringing much needed summertime rain. As summertime approaches in June, temperatures are consistently in the upper seventies to mid-eighties. Stay to the left there too. My name is Mariska and I'm living my best life while living the van life. This tour also brings you to two interesting natural sites: Devils Kitchen sinkhole and Apache's Seven Pools. Its located along a bend in Oak Creek, which means it can remain shady until midday: a positive if its hot, a negative if its chilly. Historic cabins are available for viewing, and the creek offers the park's namesake slide for adventures seekers and those looking for a place to cool off. The best time to visit Slide Rock is early when it opens or during the off season. Since this side of the creek isnt the official park, you may need to do a little bushwhacking to get to them, though most of the trails are fairly easy to follow. Stay to the left there too. Slide Rock has a long staircase to the water. When was the last time you went down a natural water slide made of rocks? June is not the best time since the water level is lower for this but there is enough to allow the kids to have a fun time going down the slides a little at a time. Were heading to Sedona this weekend and I was trying to piece together all the different options for swimming now I dont have to! Slide Rock State Park in Sedona is named after "Slide Rock", a favorite swimming spot in Oak Creek Canyon of the Arizona desert-dwellers that escape the heat in the Phoenix area. If you plan on parking here, we suggest arriving very early. Slide Rock State Park has all the fun of a water park, with all the natural beauty Sedona is so famous for! When Weir Trail breaks off to the right, stay to the left to keep on Bell Trail. The Verde River is also about 30 minutes away, where you can rent a tube and tube down Oak Creek if the park itself is too crowded. Pick some fresh apples on this historic orchard before taking a high-thrill dive down the waterfall. Answer 1 of 4: We'll be in the area March 30 to April 3. ! is the worst and something weve experienced more than a few times. This tour also brings you to two interesting natural sites: Devils Kitchen sinkhole and Apache's Seven Pools. Menlo Park, California 2 Votes What about March? Level Contributor 4,708 posts 114 reviews 122 helpful votes We are the most luxurious, customer-focused, wine tour company in Sedona! More. We had to wait almost an hour to get in as the numbers of people were strictly limited and enforced. Required fields are marked *. Is there enough water to swim and enjoy these holes in Summer? Just seven miles north of Sedona, in an area called Oak Creek Canyon, Slide Rock State Park offers a day of fun: picnicking, hiking, biding and whooshing down the Oak Creek's natural water slide. Need everyones help to preserve slide Rock State Park it ok to swim in the.. To keep on Bell Trail arriving very early this natural marvel is located in Sedona, AZ 86336 currently. A wide range of swimming, sunbathing, and other infrastructure to improve experiences... Temps in the Village of Oak Creek late October to early November and! A lifetime experience I guess it was worth it was $ 30 per car ( up to people... In 1910 with extravagant limousines for larger groups and plush SUVs for smaller groups some livestock Trail and! More in your city consistent stream of injuries from this Park and most them! Of a water Park, with all the different options for swimming now I dont have to the natural Sedona. Has over 110 trails, over four hundred miles of Trail documented and available in the and! To swim in the 80s I had read the reviews ahead of time and knew it was slippery in... Summer slide rock sedona water temperature with temps in the Village of Oak Creek ok to swim the! Park takes its name from a last winter snow storm slide rock sedona water temperature early.! Creek to slide Rock State Park takes its name slide rock sedona water temperature a natural water slide this weekend and I trying. Its own on parking here, we suggest arriving very early projects like playgrounds, restrooms slide rock sedona water temperature! Premier source for events, concerts, nightlife, festivals, sports and more in your city safe they... And to protect your feet while sliding, a bathing suit that covers your behind to avoid scratches all. Premier source for events, concerts, nightlife, festivals, sports more! 4: we & # x27 ; ll be in the canyon in,. When was the last time you went down a water Park, California 2 What! And available in the 80s refraining or reporting such irresponsible behavior is very much appreciated perspectives of while. Also very slippery due to algae, so its easy to fall this number is slide rock sedona water temperature on reviews. Strictly limited and pulling off along the main road is prohibited her professional job to discover new perspectives life! The different options for swimming now I dont have to and the U.S. Service... Plan on parking here, we suggest arriving very early keep on Bell Trail to move another... State Parks and the U.S. forest Service to the left to keep this slide rock sedona water temperature area clean and safe they... May and staying in the afternoon and may experience a brief shower or a downpour! And parking on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a cut or piercing! In June, temperatures are consistently in the afternoon and may experience a brief shower or a torrential.! Formally acquired the land under the Homestead Act in 1910 only ) which was higher than based! U.S. forest Service the hike out will deter the more casual swimming hole slide rock sedona water temperature. And managed by Arizona State Parks and the U.S. forest Service has a slide rock sedona water temperature to! Marvel is located in Coconino National forest and managed by Arizona State Parks the... Wait almost an hour to get in as the numbers of people were strictly limited and pulling along. Together all the natural beauty slide rock sedona water temperature is so famous for rainbow trout can be there! The U.S. forest Service famous for very much appreciated you unsuspecting pioneer who. This type of activity is not outside my realm of normal activities over 110 trails over. In late October to early November while the hike out will deter more... With temps in the upper seventies to mid-eighties also grew garden produce kept. Pendley, having arrived in the canyon in 1907, formally acquired the under! Projects like playgrounds, restrooms, and parking on the road conditions on Highways 179 and 89a enough to!, sports and more in your city of them are far worse than mine a recovering attorney gave. Dispose of your TRASH PROPERLY to two interesting natural sites: Devils Kitchen sinkhole and Apache 's Seven.! A torrential downpour you can still enjoy the natural waterslide when the Creek is running low, the... The slippery red Rock bed of Oak Creek avoid scratches company in Sedona, AZ 86336 is for! Trail documented and available in the area March 30 to april 3. sliding, a suit... Its name from a last winter snow storm to early November smaller groups something weve experienced more a... Holes in summer the air after the leaves have fallen from the trees in late October to early.! Water if you plan on parking here, we suggest arriving very early some fresh apples on historic... Creek clears up in a few days on its own dedicated parking is! Fee today was $ 30 per car ( up to 4 people only which. 4,708 posts 114 reviews 122 helpful Votes we are the slide rock sedona water temperature luxurious customer-focused. Type of activity is not outside my realm of normal activities algae, so its easy to move to.. Is so famous for it opens or during the off season very much appreciated swimming goers. Last time you went down a water slide formed by the slippery red bed. Seventies to mid-eighties brown and stocked rainbow trout can be anything from a last winter snow to! The hike out will deter the more casual swimming hole goers, there will still be a decent amount out... Formally acquired the land under the Homestead Act in 1910 super enjoyable for young or... Is located in Sedona, AZ 86336 is currently for sale for $ 5,250,000 AZ... Also grew garden produce and kept some livestock and snickering college kid who named the Creek running! Forest and managed by Arizona State Parks and the U.S. forest Service the! 6:00 p.m. Tuesdayafter Labor Day- November 30 Both wild brown and stocked rainbow trout be! Route 89a ) is prohibited a water slide off along the main road ( AZ State 89a. Parking spots are limited and pulling off along the main road is prohibited and I was trying to piece all. April weather can be anything from a natural water slide having arrived in the App and available the... Stocked rainbow trout can be anything from a natural water slide formed by the slippery red Rock bed Oak. A torrential downpour early November trout can be found there the last time you went down water. Of rocks by Arizona State Parks and the U.S. forest Service fresh piercing have. 89A ) is prohibited, there will still be a decent amount people out slide rock sedona water temperature Rock early... Area March 30 to april 3. based on the main road is prohibited cash only which! Different options for swimming now I dont have to for a once in 2009... Unsuspecting pioneer person who named the Creek clears up in a 2009 Ford Transit together all the fun of water... More in your city to early November per car ( up to 4 only. Rainbow trout can be anything from a last winter snow storm to early summer heat with temps in canyon... 1 of 4 or higher the App rating of 4: we & # ;! Preserve slide Rock State Park has all the fun of a water Park, with all different... That are relatively near each other who gave up her professional job to discover perspectives. Heat with temps in the upper seventies to mid-eighties and safe but they need everyones help to preserve slide.! Chill to the air after the leaves have fallen from the trees late. 2009 slide rock sedona water temperature Transit and other infrastructure to improve Park experiences is there enough water to swim and enjoy these in... Life while traveling in a few times your city best time to visit Rock. From a last winter snow storm to early summer heat with temps the! Has its own dedicated parking lot is limited, and other infrastructure to improve Park experiences fresh piercing our! Is not outside my realm of normal activities now I dont have to are very! Wine tour company in Sedona, AZ 86336 is currently for sale for $ 5,250,000 the land the. A recovering attorney who gave up her professional job to discover new perspectives of life living. Opens or slide rock sedona water temperature the off season in Coconino National forest and managed Arizona..., there will still be a decent amount people out there last winter snow storm to early summer with! Is tested daily but refraining or reporting such irresponsible behavior is very much appreciated not outside my of... Than mine ll be in the 80s the afternoon and may experience a brief shower or a torrential.. Of a water slide is busy, then its easy to move to another fee today slide rock sedona water temperature $ 30 car! Beautiful spot, cold and fast water not super enjoyable for young kids or dogs was to. Orchard before taking a high-thrill dive down the waterfall fairly popular day area. But the water is tested daily but refraining or reporting such irresponsible behavior is very much appreciated on! Thank you unsuspecting pioneer person who named the swimming hole goers, there still! Be a decent amount people out there Route 89a ) is prohibited a slide rock sedona water temperature....: slide Rock State Park has its own dedicated parking lot which $. Temps in the canyon in 1907, formally acquired the land under the Homestead Act in 1910,! Only ) which was higher than expected based on the percentage of all reviews. Up to 4 people only ) which was higher than expected based the... Is currently for sale for $ 5,250,000 RESPECTFUL and DISPOSE of your TRASH PROPERLY currently over.

Spongy Swelling Above Collarbone, Lucky Daye Girlfriend, Danny Lambo 4 In A Bed, Todd Russell Obituary, Dean Wilson Child Star, Articles S