verone mckinley nfl draft

McKinley 2021 season at Oregon he earned first-team Consensus All-American and first-team All-Pac 12 honors as a junior in 2021. . He will now go through training camp with the Dolphins and work to earn a roster spot going into the fall. Jordan Poyer has a great relationship with the Bills Mafia, so going to a division rival would be tough for the fans and (likely) for the player. What truly sets McKinley apart are his instincts and route anticipation. He's showing some refinement within his rushes, as he no longer relies on tools alone. (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 1 (14893rd overall since 1960). Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression. I deserved to be on the field because I worked for it and I earned it. Has some ball-hawking to his game. Verone McKinley III @vmckinley3 Dec 28 Insane. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 2023 Draft Network. Follow full coverage of Verone McKinley III during the 2022 NFL Draft on ESPN.com. Getting everything organized was a big part of my responsibilities. School: Oregon Height: 511 Find out more. From a collegiate production standpoint, Thibodeaux has grown immensely this season after earning an 80.9 pass-rush grade as an underclassman. According to Pro Football Focus, the All-ACC. Being able to catch the ball comes second nature to me. Here's everything you need to know about McKinley ahead of the 2022 NFL Draft. 2023 Sage Low Series Football Dylan McDuffie Sneak Peak Auto. Jevon Holland (born March 3, 2000) is an American football safety for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness. Verone McKinley III was one of my favorite safety prospects during the college football season not just because of the interceptions, but he just always seemed to be in the . Draft; Play For Free Log In. Nicknamed The General by his teammates and coaches, McKinley is the unquestioned leader of this football team and is referred to as a coach on the field. The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 38-35 in Super Bowl 57. There were several instances where McKinley missed opportunities by playing the ball improperly in the air. McKinley has just above average size for an NFL safety standing at just 5-foot-11 and tipping the scale at 194 pounds, but he plays much bigger than that. Trending Draft buzz: Antwan Davis Read now >> While veteran Rodney Mcleod. In addition to his instincts and awareness, he flashes outstanding ball skills and hands to secure the interception when many defensive backs would settle for a pass defended. Hes been in the business for quite some time now. DATABASE. All Rights reserved. College: Berdell. McKinley recently spoke exclusively with The Draft Network about his impressive career at Oregon, growing up in Texas, why he gets his hands on the football so often, taking on a leadership role in 2021, his relationship with Seattle Seahawks superstar safety Jamal Adams, and why hell make an instant impact at the next level. Overall, McKinley has solid traits to make an immediate impact in the NFL. But he will lose his assignment at times and isnt going to be as reliable with his ball skills here. Playing for coach [Mario] Cristobal and some of the defensive coordinators I played under throughout my time there, they always allowed me to have input on what I felt like the checks should be and so on. Playing on a defense that is loaded with not just stars at the collegiate level, but future top-15 prospects like defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, linebacker Noah Sewell, and linebacker Justin Flowe, it has been McKinley who has emerged as the star and leader of this Oregon Ducks defense. In 2019, he was tied for the Pac-12 and team lead for four interceptions on the season. 2019 FWAA and The Athletic All-American Team. With more time, tape, and as other information comes to light, our evaluations and opinions on certain prospects are almost certainly to change both for the better or for worse. Mock Draft Database Sites; NFL NBA NHL MLB. He reads the quarterbacks eyes and goes to make a play on the football. Name: Verone McKinley Average breaking ability. One guy you left out was Ugo Amadi. Raising questions over his long speed and his lack of quick-twitch skills, Short arms who will be dominated by bigger receivers, Will bite on fakes leading to him being out of position, Has only average size, height, speed combination limiting his athletic upside. He was a four-star prospect and the No. Miami Dolphins safety Verone McKinley III (32) leaves the field following an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022 in Tampa, Fla. Join our Facebook Group:Prime Time Sports Talk Do you have a blog? McKinley can be asked to line up in man or underneath or deep zone. Verone McKinley III is a versatile defender who has lined up at boundary corner, nickel corner, single-high safety, two-high safety and in the box for the Ducks. McKinley has excellent range in coverage and shows a very good ability to break and close on passes made in front of him or near his landmark. McKinley made six starts and played in all seven games while finishing third on the team with 41 total tackles in 2020. The Oregon standouts game is predicated on his intelligence. Instagram:@primetimesportstalk, Follow Alex Kielar on Twitter@AlexKielar, Main Image Credit:Embed from Getty Images, Check us out on our socials: Twitter:@PTSTNewsand@TalkPrimeTimeFacebook Page:Prime Time Sports TalkJoin our Facebook Group:Prime Time Sports TalkInstagram: @primetimesportstalk. I also realized that we had some guys opt out of the 2020 season. Verone McKinley is 5-11 (180 cm) tall. High school career. The updated TDN100 will be released next week and McKinley was one of the highest risers among all the prospects. VMIII: Im going to make an immediate impact. 'I've done everything': Verone McKinley's path to the NFL Draft By Robbie Fuelling Dallas UPDATED 5:30 AM CT Apr. Hes another terrific resource thats in my corner and rooting for me to win. 1, Jets Land New Franchise QB. Pre-draft measurables Height Weight Arm length Hand span 40-yard dash 10-yard split 20-yard . When that happened, I knew I had to step into a new role. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Daniel Barker NFL Draft 2023 Prospect Interview, Tradeable picks in the Mock Draft Machine. Shows some acceleration at times but lacks top-end twitch overall. Verone McKinley signed a 1 year, $705,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including an average annual salary of $705,000. Thats probably my favorite aspect of it. Stay updated on all the NFL Draft eligible players and where they could go in the draft. Verone McKinley III can help in many ways and would give the defense a solid prospect to develop for years to come. But overall his change of direction is adequate as he is a smooth runner and usually maintains his balance. I love picking his brain. Games Watched: UCLA (2020), Fresno State (2021), Utah (2021 x2). We needed somebody that was going to come in prepared every day and I was more than willing. McKinley has just above average size for an NFL safety standing at just 5-foot-11 and tipping the scale at 194 pounds, but he plays much bigger than that. . Can Byron Young Be A Top-50 Draft Prospect? McKinley spent his collegiate career with the Oregon Ducks, and he shared that defensive backfield with Jevon Holland. Required fields are marked *. 115716475010 All Rights Reserved. When playing in deep coverage, McKinley reads the quarterbacks eyes well and does a good job of undercutting routes when he can. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Verone McKinley III, DS #6 FS, Oregon Name: Verone McKinley III (+) Coming off 2022 Ankle INJ College: Oregon Number: 23 Height: 5-10 Weight: 192 Position: FS Pos2: SS/ST Class/Draft Year: rJr/2022 40 Low: 4.60 40 Time: 4.67 40 High: 4.72 > Projected Round: 4 Stock: Projected High: 3rd Low: 5-6th Since he played corner in high school, he obviously has the ability to play there as well. Verone McKinley III Scouting Report 0 2022 NFL Draft first round Draft for NFL Draft NFL Prospects Ducks safety First round safety University Of Oregon Verone McKinely III Draft Verone McKinely III NFL Draft Verone McKinley III Verone McKinley III NFL Share this post PREV Hula Bowl Review NEXT Kaleb Eleby Scouting Report Related Posts There is a pretty high ceiling here that could be reached with more development with the weaker parts of his game. Verone McKinley played 10 games last season and 10 games over his career. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Or write about sports? Now that the draft is over, McKinley has been signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. oregonlive.com - James Crepea. Verone McKinley III is an intriguing prospect at safety. Plays well close to the line of scrimmage. The Ducks have one of the more impressive prospects in the upcoming draft class in pass rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux, who could potentially be the first player off the board, although there is a long way to go. I cant just work on one thing and neglect everything else. Im gonna make plays and have fun. I had the trust of my teammates and my coaches. The NFL season has officially concluded. The Dolphins finished the 2022 season with safeties Eric Rowe, Jevon Holland, Brandon Jones, Verone McKinley III and Clayton Fejedelem on the roster. 23 With his sensational football IQ, ball skills, and zone coverage abilities, he can make plays all over the field. When running downhill, McKinley can lose his footing and not get back into the play. He's a smooth athlete with high awareness and instincts, especially when in coverage. Dangerous with the ball in his hands. Oregon Ducks safety Verone McKinley III is a desirable 2022 NFL draft prospect thanks to his versatility and athleticism. He also flashed inconsistent run defense between the tackles in 2019; however, he improved in that area in his second season. *Go All Access - Subscribe to NFL Draft Bible today and receive a one-year subscription to Sports Illustrated the magazine, for FREE! Both Rowe and Fejedelem are expected free agents. I had to play man-to-man on slot receivers and tight ends. In four seasons with Oregon, McKinley had 11 total interceptions and two forced fumbles. After I got that first year under my belt, I had to take that next step. Bill Walton and Ted Robinson recap Oregon's last-second win vs. Oregon State,Pac-12 Networks Bill Walton and Ted Robinson recapped Oregon men's basketball's 69-67 win over Oregon State in Corvallis on Feb. 25., 2023. That was exactly the case for undrafted safety Verone McKinley, who the Dolphins signed last offseason. He also must work on his timing and overall ability at the catch point. [5] He was named a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award.[6]. Thats the attitude I developed. Joining him on your watch lists should be defensive backs Mykael Wright and Verone McKinley III, as well as running back C.J. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. Verone McKinley III. VMIII: Im really close with Jamal Adams. Player Comparison: Karl Joseph. Daniel Barker NFL Draft 2023 Prospect Interview, Tradeable picks in the Mock Draft Machine. I had to be able to wear multiple hats and play everywhere. There are times he will be leaning the wrong way, but that is very rare. I felt like it was a place where I could go and achieve things both on and off the field. Coming SoonTerms & Conditions | Privacy Policy, Draft Scout is an Independent Contractor, Currently Outsourcing Non-Exclusive Scalable ContentBrian Hitterman, NFL Draft Scout/Draft Scout Database Creator, Contact: brianhitterman@msn.com, - Draft Scout Evolve: Player Rating Changes, - CFB's Best Player Names By Year/Position. He does a great job wrapping up and laying down the hammer on hits. In zone coverage, the versatile defender can be manipulated by the quarterbacks eyes. VMIII: I would point to my body control as a general strength. Georgia 's Lewis Cine and Oregon 's Verone McKinley III round out Brooks' top five behind Brisker. There is a well-rounded safety with McKinley even with some of his weaknesses. Can look to be a one-speed athlete. Sitting around the 200-pound range, McKinley looks to lack some strength in tackling. He played college football at Oregon, and was drafted by the Dolphins in the second round of the 2021 NFL Draft . 2023 Mock Drafts 2024 Mock Drafts 2025 Mock Drafts. VMIII: It was definitely different as you said. Of course, I had to play single-high safety and some two-high as well. Geron Christian Sr. (born September 10, 1996) is an American football offensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). All rights reserved. Winfield is a good player like Joseph, and both of them have the problem of being 5-foot-9. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. Somebody had to step up and I said why not me? As a redshirt freshman in 2019, he started 11 of 14 games, recording 46 tackles and four interceptions. (%*), (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance), SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION HOLIDAY BOWL, Reads the QB eyes and has a good instinct for coverage, High football IQ and a natural leader of the defense, Fluid and smooth in his movements - able to sink his hips - transitions well from back pedal.

Why Is Carandiru Penitentiary Dangerous, Articles V