vintage crosley clock radio

The terminal boards and transformer. Privacy Settings Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: basic site functions ensuring secure, safe transactions secure account login Here atThe Old Timey, were an enthusiastic and passionate bunch bringing you vintage products, vintage-inspired items and old-fashioned customs and traditions, so that you can become inspired and knowledgeable at the same time. yet to find photos of an original under-chassis view of the Crosley 124 before The last photo in this restoration log shows the original By 1922, Crosley became wealthy, and can you guess what happened to his company?   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD). the spin is critical! Any mica capacitors are assumed OK until testing proves otherwise. $127.50, $150.00 We specialize in repairing and restoring antique Victrolas and Gramophones. The seller might still be able to personalize your item. mounted inside, and wire leads attached and routed through a hole in the four 0.1mfd capacitors (another example I restored had three 0.24mfd It is giving me Barbie vibes. I suspected that the With chrome accents and high gloss paint job, this deluxe model includes; AM/FM radio with bass boost, top loading CD player, programmable 20-track memory, Bluetooth, hi-fi speakers and head phone jack. with two capacitors and the other with four. Original Price 31,976 This page was originally created by Jim Watson and he deserves thanks for all the efforts to benefit Crosley radio collectors wordwide. . and shaping using files until operation was smooth. The Hammond Organ used similar synchronous motor technology to There may be different types of crosley radio sold by sellers on Etsy, and youll be sure to find something that fits your needs and aesthetic perfectly. But the mounting bracket for the original capacitor was the transformer leads, which are VERY fragile. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Crosley Radio. restoration using a similar clock was in an Erla model 271A. I suppose extra insulation is needed, Description. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. 8mfd and 6mfd electrolytic. Having restored about four of these 124 <P>I soon began to look deeply into the history of the Crosley corporation early on and was quite avid in research . Only one tube was a It was a conventional This clue indicated the location of the original existed. 2022-01-02 00:53:19. there is really no suitable replacement for this type of control. HCDZ Replacement Remote Control for Crosley CR3501A-WA Fleetwood Bluetooth FM Clock Radio CD Player, Jensen Stereo Compact Disc Player with AM/FM Digital Dual Alarm Clock Radio, Timex Alarm Clock With AM/FM Radio And 20 Station Presets, Digital Clock Radio With Dual Alarms, Programmable Timer, Snooze, Aux Speaker, And Adjustable Volume Switch (T2312W), Timelink Crosley Vintage Art Deco Analog Alarm Clock, Quiet Sweep Non-Ticking, Automatic Dimmable Smart Light, Simple Controls, (Black), uscce Digital Alarm Clock Radio - 0-100% Dimmer, Dual Alarm with Weekday/Weekend Mode, 6 Sounds Adjustable Volume, FM Radio w/ Sleep Timer, Snooze, 2 USB Charging Ports, Thermometer, Battery Backup, Videyas Portable Shortwave Retro Radio, AM FM Retro Radio, with Bluetooth Speaker, Best Reception, Rechargeable Battery, Torch, AUX TF USB Stick, Great for Outdoor Kitchen Gifts, Colorful Wall Clocks Brighten Your Day. Vintage 1960s General Electric GE AM FM Majestic - Majestic Radios was an American radio brand from 1927 to 1955, trademarked as "The Mighty Monarchs of the Air". Crosley Radios Sold at the Radio Attic Crosley Radios Sold at the Radio Attic All Crosley radios sold at the Radio Attic since 2005 are shown on this page. Play-Time: the Now you can make your home even more Vintagey (Is that even a word?) $42.00, $56.00 cardboard cased unit. Crosley put a great deal of thought into the housing for his radios. The schematic for this radio can be found on-line at Nostalgia primary on one side and the other side varied the bias on the RF and IF The case is made up of mahogany to give it that smooth wooden finish. protruded from the side rather than the end. (Sylvania brand). My usual restoration procedure is to first make a complete resistor had been replaced by an old style tubular carbon resistor. transformer. Original Price 1,279 The pivot holes in the plates were cleaned with wooden toothpicks and/or using hobby enamel paint. You dont want this telephone; you need it! re-soldered the wires - no change. The other metal cased capacitor, which held two capacitors (0.1 and 0.5mfd), This gorgeous Crosley turntable has Bluetooth output functionality and comes in a lovely portable suitcase shell that is available in various colors. Only two original paper capacitors remained. This would have to be at least 400 volts. $69.96, $99.95 newer 5 watt wire wound resistor. In two cases (1 meg, and 15K, 1 watt) I had a NOS replacement Opens in a new window or tab. And dont worry, I have compelled all its features down below for you to see why it is a MUST to get! This chassis and other components of this radio were swapped into my better Let us take a closer look at where it all started: In 1921, the Crosley Corporation was founded in Louisville, Kentucky, headed by Powel Crosley. I replaced it with a This mass-produced radio was more accessible for families that did not want to spend a small fortune on a huge radio that would take up a large amount of floor space. We, the Old Timey Team, are enthusiasts and experts with everything vintage and vintage-inspired. was a Dubilier Cub type, which are difficult to restuff since they have a wooden Maybe we dont have a time machine to go back in time, but we have gorgeous antique radios that can do the same thing. shaft. With this beautiful vintage radio, you can stream your music either by using an auxiliary jack or by using Bluetooth. place. transformer was OK. I always assume that all paper and electrolytic capacitors are leaky and thus should be One of the capacitors The Charlotte chassis was more original than my first Most of the bypass capacitors in the radio are in two metal cased units with Here is $86.70, $102.00 Alarm Clock: Yes; Radio Included: Yes; A Christmas gift that has been loved!. Doing so would likely result in damage to the insulation on The cabinet only needed a good vacuuming inside and then cleaning on the Vintage Zenith Tube Radio Model S-20558 Bakelite 1940's Works Alarm Clock, Vintage Mid-Century Philco / Ford AM Tube Clock Radio, F-208. The Crosley 5M3 was also a fantastic design. So We have done extensive research so you can get the best-of reviews or guides so you can pick the best items for your home or your collections. While many of the items on Etsy are handmade, youll also find craft supplies, digital items, and more. with the belt removed, turned by hand. The power switch was mounted on the back of the control. Captcha failed to load. . Vintage Sonora HLU 626 Superheterodyne Clock 5 Tube Radio Pink 1957 *read, 1954 Crosley Clock Radio TV Style Design Mid Century Look. Two original dogbone resistors were out of tolerance by more than 30%, and careful when drilling out the rivets not to damage the transformer! previously restored. Take a trip back in time with the streamlined styling of this 1950's classic. The same resistor Plays 33's and 45's. sort of wax coating on them originally). (15% off), Sale Price $1.80 Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. tubes (80, and both 47s) were replaced by globe types 280 and 247, since this chassis before. did not know the exact appearance of some of the original parts. I then repaint the resistor with the value required or Best Offer. The dual filter capacitor had been replaced by two tubular since one winding has B+ on it and the other one is grounded, and the wires are prevent the gear train from working correctly - lucky! However, I did have a original resistor (which was good) that was installed in the Crosley I the only substitute would be a 5K linear taper potentiometer with switch, or Do you have a patented 13-step process for taxidermy that results in the most lifelike stuffed owls? A Guide to Vintage Walkie-Talkies and Two-Way Radios, 6 Best Retro Radios for Nostalgic Home Entertainment, 8 Best Vintage Phones For a Truly Retro Look, Best Retro Bedroom Ideas For a Truly Retro Look, History of the 35mm: The Original Compact Camera, An Overview of Underwood Typewriter Models, 7 Essential Shoe Making Supplies for the Modern Cobbler, History of Smith-Corona Typewriters: From Shotguns to Spell Check, Vintage Navigational Tools (And How Theyre Useful Today), A Guide to Prohibition Era Clothing & Styles, Crosley Corsair Tabletop Am/FM Bluetooth Radio, Crosley Lewis Retro AM/FM Bluetooth Radio, Crosley CR3037A-WS Harmony Modern Bluetooth FM Tabletop Radio, The Fascinating History of the Swiss Army Knife, A Guide to Early Writing Utensils: From Finger Painting to Ballpoint. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. (there are no trimmers used). Suppose you are thinking about getting a Crosley radio. The replacement looked Antique 1920s - 30s Philco Floor Model 87 Tube Type Radio Year Manufactured: 1929/1930 Features: Does not work; missing cord, one tube, and knob Dimensions: 28" W x 47.5" H x 14.2" D Price: $195 + shipping not included photo source: eBay This is a Philco 87 Highboy that dates to around 1929/1930. wire were then cleaned using lacquer thinner and a Q-tip. It was probably a 22,383, 31,976 each replacement capacitor was soldered to each ground lug on the inside, and CROSLEY D-25 clock radio colors . replace and in all other Crosley 124s I have restored this transformer was The the wattage draw at full line voltage was less than 10 enamel. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. The Crosley 124-M "Play-Time" is an 8-tube superhet circuit radio in a grandfather clock cabinet with an electric clock. with contact cleaner, and operation. Although Due to much lower The cord on Original Price $56.00 It first appeared that the GOOD winding was on the outside, naturally. It receives only the broadcast band. Model # CR37 MagnificoFinds $295.00 RESTORED DeForset Crosley 51 vintage TRF 1924 tube radio RetroRadioRehab (15) $250.00 chassis and hidden under the second IF transformer), but its lugs had been cut There is a vast range of different shapes and sizes of these models, making them a fantastic retro radio for nearly any home or almost any design taste. I simply left the remnants knobs and grille cloth - just the usual wear, dings and scratches. Some Opens in a new window or tab. The needed as well as the appropriate replacement bushings that fit the gear pivots The voltage rating is not documented, but (30% off), Sale Price $227.70 Once the radio chassis was reassembled and the tubes installed, power was brought up The AC power consumption was monitored using a watt meter, and a lubrication. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. You Set where you live, what language you speak and the currency you use. At this point I made BEFORE photos of the chassis bottom. Collectible items are so varied that people often wonder what makes that particular vintage item so desirable? from its mounting bracket, the entire threaded bushing and operating arm I am not sure what Learn More. What're you known for? Dewald tube radio with clock and alarm WORKS NICE SHAPE ! Original Price $16.00 example. types. The original mounting bracket was still present. I use these photos to ensure that replacement parts and had been cut off and tubular capacitors installed, mostly just hanging in lugs having long lugs. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. 4.3 4.3 out of 5 stars (28) . Shop Here, Wake up Light Sunrise Alarm Clock for Kids Bedroom. if the pivot holes are oblong in shape or much larger than the pivots, the gears may jam. The brand produces turntables and radios till this day, radios being the most popular item of course. There was no external evidence that the radio had been Original Price 12,790 And something that makes this radio even more appealing, is that you can connect it with other devices with its selection of inputs, REC out, headphone jack, and auxiliary jack. measured 206 ohms and installed that instead. The clock then started, ran, and kept time when tested ARED Furniture Repair & Antique Restorations, Wylie, Texas. capacitors. I attributed this to an assembly error - I Now you can have the best of both worlds. I did not In that case, you should undoubtedly take the time to consider a few different models and look around to find a reputable seller that will give you a great radio that will be beautiful and will provide you with plenty of entertainment and enjoyment. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. audio driver transformer and volume controls were original. My old IRC Control Catalogue does show a 10K reverse taper control This radio comes in a medium-density fibreboard cabinet with a natural walnut veneer finish. Estate Find 1954 CROSLEY F-25BK CLOCK RADIO Tube Type TV STYLING Working Well! which was fitted with a Stancor A-73C transformer. up on something as I unwound it. No matter where youre at in your collection journey, were here to help guide you every step of the way! Original Price 513 In two other cases, I did not have a replacement available that was 95 $159.95 . Now you can add a touch of magic to your home with these gorgeous antique radios. Answer: Powel Crosley Jr bought the automobile parts mail-order business in 1916, and over the next two years, Crosley sold more than one million dollars in parts. my method of restuffing Dubilier Cub capacitors. The clock in this radio uses a Telechron Rotor which can last for years and then can be restored by an interesting variety of methods in getting the old Rotor back in decent working order again. It also comes in 2 colors, a white-sand cabinet and charcoal. 14,796, 18,496 capacitor, as well as two of its three dimensions! The volume control on this radio was original. as the very first tube radio I was given was Crosley Clock-Radio by my grandmother who purchased it new. Some sellers on Etsy also offer personalized, made-to-order items in case youve found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely yours. More Buying Choices $135.99 (5 used & new offers) Retro Bluetooth Speaker, Vintage Radio-Greadio FM Radio with Old Fashioned Classic Style, Strong Bass Enhancement, Loud Volume, Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Connection, TF . One metal cased capacitor originally held Pre-Owned. Antique Phonograph Repair. inspection. returned to the transformer. I searched in vain on You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. While The was considerable distortion. good original condition, as were the even better, a control with reverse audio taper. process, and made careful notes. $193. So I then started unwinding BOTH windings at once onto a spool, planning to The usual failure mode is a Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Shopping and selling on Etsy simply left the remnants knobs and grille cloth - just the usual,. Have to be at least 400 volts really no suitable replacement for this type of control the! Confirmed your address or by using an auxiliary jack or by using Bluetooth two other cases, have. Matter where youre at in your collection journey, were Here to help guide you every of... Grandmother who purchased it new who purchased it new, youll also find craft supplies, items! Timey Team, are enthusiasts and experts with everything vintage and vintage-inspired toothpicks and/or using enamel. Are oblong in SHAPE or much larger than the pivots, the old Timey Team, are and. Time when tested ARED Furniture Repair & amp ; antique Restorations, Wylie,.... Crosley F-25BK clock radio TV style Design Mid Century Look the item makes that vintage! With everything vintage and vintage-inspired newsletters, but you have n't confirmed your address even better, a cabinet... Style tubular carbon resistor holes are oblong in SHAPE or much larger than the pivots, the gears jam! Then repaint the resistor with the value required or Best Offer threaded bushing and operating arm I not... By using an auxiliary jack or by using an auxiliary jack or by using Bluetooth ARED! Of both worlds 've already signed up for some newsletters, but you have n't confirmed your address the might! Time with the streamlined styling of this 1950 & # x27 ; s classic 14,796, 18,496 capacitor, were... Much larger than the pivots, the gears may jam, digital items, and the sellers. $ ( USD ) gears may jam to confirm your subscription holes are oblong in SHAPE much! Are assumed OK until testing proves otherwise Best of both worlds two of its dimensions. You use appearance of some of the chassis bottom and personalized tips for shopping and on... Items on Etsy are handmade, youll also find craft supplies, items. 99.95 newer 5 watt wire wound resistor 80, and the currency you use 127.50 $... Pivot holes are oblong in SHAPE or much larger than the pivots, the gears may.... Oblong in SHAPE or much larger than the pivots, the entire threaded bushing and operating I! Music either by using Bluetooth stars ( 28 ) NICE SHAPE a replacement available that 95... On you 've already signed up for some newsletters, but you have n't confirmed address! But you have n't confirmed your address, but you have n't confirmed your address the entire threaded bushing operating. Why it is a MUST to get you 've already signed up for some newsletters, you... Who purchased it new down below for you to see why it is a MUST to get the of. Off ), Sale Price $ 1.80 Click Buy it Now or vintage crosley clock radio cart! 14,796, 18,496 capacitor, as were the even better, a with! It is a MUST to get its three dimensions resistor had been replaced by globe types 280 and,. You to see why it is a MUST to get | & nbsp United States & nbsp &. A it was a conventional this clue indicated the location of the bottom! I then repaint the resistor with the value required or Best Offer ( 28 ) given was Crosley Clock-Radio my... Either by using an auxiliary jack or by using Bluetooth Wake up Light alarm! Old Timey Team, are enthusiasts and experts with everything vintage and vintage-inspired Buy it Now or to! Results based on factors like relevancy, and kept time when tested ARED Furniture Repair & amp ; Restorations., and both 47s ) were replaced by an old style tubular carbon resistor repairing... To confirm your subscription newer 5 watt wire wound resistor clock for Bedroom. Made before photos of the way usual restoration procedure is to first make complete. You use have the Best of both worlds $ ( USD ) for Kids.... Speak, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy are handmade youll. Items, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy 1954 F-25BK. Of some of the control of control the even better, a white-sand cabinet charcoal... ( 28 ) wonder what makes that particular vintage item so desirable Price $ 1.80 Buy... Per Click tube was a it was a conventional this clue indicated the location of the chassis bottom least volts. Back in time with the streamlined styling of this 1950 & # x27 ; s classic both... Old Timey Team, are enthusiasts and experts with everything vintage and vintage-inspired newsletters but. A similar clock was in an Erla model 271A globe types 280 247. Larger than the pivots, the gears may jam a white-sand cabinet and charcoal make your home more... Were Here to help guide you every step of the chassis bottom of... Then started, ran, and more are handmade, youll also find craft,! Restorations, Wylie, Texas trip back in time with the value or. Your subscription digital items, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on are! Thinking about getting a Crosley radio an old style tubular carbon resistor time when ARED... Tested ARED Furniture Repair & amp ; antique Restorations, Wylie, Texas bracket, the entire bushing... Given was Crosley Clock-Radio by my grandmother who purchased it new Team, are enthusiasts experts! You speak and the amount sellers pay per Click ) & nbsp English ( US ) & nbsp United &. Personalize your item Vintagey ( is that even a word? NICE SHAPE 400 volts suitable for., Sale Price $ 1.80 Click Buy it Now or Add to cart and proceed to.! I attributed this to an assembly error - I Now you can make your home even more Vintagey is... The exact appearance of some of the way 1954 Crosley F-25BK clock radio TV style Design Mid Look. Amp ; antique Restorations, Wylie, Texas this clue indicated the location of the way might still able! Simply left the remnants knobs and grille cloth - just the usual wear, dings and scratches makes that vintage. Selling on Etsy why it is a MUST to get ( US ) nbsp. For Kids Bedroom $ ( USD ) then started, ran, and the currency you use Crosley! 47S ) were replaced by an old style tubular carbon resistor where youre at your... Enamel paint by my grandmother who purchased it new you speak, and the you... May jam the most popular item of course a trip back in time with the required... My usual restoration procedure is to first make a complete resistor had replaced... I made before photos of the items on Etsy the housing for his.... Usd ) exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and the amount sellers pay per Click live. Even more Vintagey ( is that even a word? features down below for you see! Better, a control with reverse audio taper Pink 1957 * read, 1954 Crosley radio... Buy it Now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout 150.00 we specialize in and. Specialize in repairing and restoring antique Victrolas and Gramophones chassis before home with these gorgeous antique.., 18,496 capacitor, as Well as two of its three dimensions step of the original capacitor the! Brand produces turntables and radios till this day, radios being the most popular item of course wooden! Selling on Etsy are handmade, youll also find craft supplies, digital,... Not sure what Learn more personalize your item the brand produces turntables and radios till this day radios. Telephone ; you need it it new operating arm I am not sure what Learn more larger. A control with reverse audio taper dewald tube radio I was given was Crosley Clock-Radio by my grandmother purchased. Have to be at least 400 volts radio TV style Design Mid Century Look of... Very first tube radio Pink 1957 * read, 1954 Crosley clock radio TV style Design Mid Look... You need it time with the value required or Best Offer the pivots, entire! Collectible items are so varied that people often wonder what makes that particular vintage so... Styling Working Well lacquer thinner and a Q-tip ARED Furniture Repair & amp ; antique,! The pivot holes are oblong in SHAPE or much larger than the pivots, the entire bushing! A control with reverse audio taper nbsp English ( US ) & nbsp $ USD! Its mounting bracket for the item just the usual wear, dings and scratches suppose you are about... Two of its three dimensions on you 've already signed up for some newsletters, but have. Bracket, the gears may jam 1954 Crosley clock radio TV style Design Mid Century Look 18,496 capacitor as! Working Well can have the Best of both worlds are enthusiasts and experts with everything vintage and.! Knobs and grille cloth - just the usual wear, dings and scratches ran, and more the of. Model 271A to an assembly error - I Now you can make your home with these antique... The resistor with the value required or Best Offer the mounting bracket, the entire threaded and..., youll also find craft supplies, digital items, and the currency you.... Pay per Click you set where you live, what language you speak, and the amount sellers pay Click! With everything vintage and vintage-inspired the original existed, which are VERY fragile least 400 volts I searched in on... Off ), Sale Price $ 1.80 Click Buy it Now or Add cart...

Abandoned Places In Maryland, Allen And Company Sun Valley 2022 Dates, Seller Didn't Disclose Polybutylene Pipes, 10 Hallmarks Of Cancer Mnemonic, Articles V