I still have the car and it is now half dead in my driveway and misfires all the time so i never really drive it . Where do I go from here to receive some compensation?Thanks, Greg. I just re-read everyones posts.. September 22nd 2012 -- (54,574) Took it to Pohanka Acura for flashing Check Engine LIght (Code P0303) $0 -- Some fouling on Spark Plug in Cylinder 3. The problem began two oil changes ago. Ive also had to replace the plugs twice with a #3 cylinder missfore error. I would like to receive information please as to what to do next. Calling dealership on tomorrow and demand a 2014 replacement engine, apparently this will resolve this oil consumption issue. Cant wait to unload this piece before I wind up with thousands in repairs. Appreciate info. That cost me money 3 days out of showroom..(pretty scandalous) My Cat shield rattles like a band when I start my car. when available to be included. The rest of us are screwed. She claimed Honda got her thru the rough times In college and believed Hondas were the best!..A month after we bought it she said the vehicle was making a screeching sound. I take my car to my local mechanic. First vehicle ever own to do this. Why were the 4 cylinder engines excluded from this lawsuit? These will be my third set of plugs. My car currently has 70,700 miles on it now and I am the original owner. Honda has used this engine in Accord,. I would like to get a settlement please advise me on how to go about this and I would need to do. The dealer did the 1,000 mile oil consumption test and determined that consumption was averaging about 0.6 quart/1,000 miles, so it did not qualify for the recall. WOW!! The recall warranty is 8 years or 125,000 miles. https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. I have a 2010 Honda please advise. I took my car to a Honda dealership who advised me of the recall on 2008-2012 Honda vehicles. Im in the process of having an oil consumption test done but only 350 miles into it the oil is visibly lower when I checked it!! At that time the car had only about 43,000 miles on it. I might look somewhere else next time. Burns a quart every 750 or so miles. Locate the oil drain plug on the oil pan underneath the car and place a bucket or pan underneath it to collect the old oil. My 2010 Honda Accord is burning 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles. My 2008 Honda accord same oil consumption problem, 2008 Honda accord same problems please include me in law suite. Published: May 18, 2015 08:30 AM Honda has found that certain versions of the four-cylinder 2008 to 2011 Accord coupe and sedan and the 2010 to 2011 CR-V SUV may begin to experience higher. It needs a quart every approx 1,000 miles. I would like to be added to the list. Since Honda is so proprietary it sounds like only the dealer can perform this. Honda is trying to say this is normal, but they are just avoiding standing behind their faulty product and avoiding the expense of fixing. Were be able to take it to dealership and have them fix the issue? Driving back from Philly and more than have way home, 2009 Accord EXL V6 with 65,000 miles started to loose power and engine light came on. own a 2009 accord and am now having to prematurely replace crankshaft and timing belt as well as a piston rod. He asked if my oil light came on I told him no, and he said for as little oil I had the light should of came on. i have a 2008 honda accord how can i be included, I have a 2010 honda accord i4I want to be included in this settlement..please help, I own a 2010 honda crosstour how can I be apart of this. I have a 2010 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder motor (about 36000 miles). I wont go into some of our initial problems with the car but had no issues with the engine UNTIL about a year ago at about 185,000 miles. The body is in great shape but putting oil in a car regularly is such a pain. In addition, even if they fix the problem, or your car has not developed the problem by the time the extended warranty expires, what is the resale value of a car with a known defect? A Honda dealership tried to dupe me by grossly overfilling the oil, so it wouldn't seem low after I drive 1000 miles! The class action suit appears to have been settled quietly by Honda in October 2012. Ive also replaced the VTC actuator 3 times and each time they have failed.When can I make a claim against Honda? Same exact problem with a 2008 Accord. I was also told that Honda will repair the engine for free as long as the vehicle is not older than 8 years. The oil level was very low. They also refuse to give a warranty on their repairs past the normal 5 yr. / 60,000 mark. If any new information becomes available please let me know! California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Furthermore, even if this is fixed, how much is my car worth after this repair is done? We are all having the same issues regardless of engine type. I do not have money to replace my engine. Please advise. Just a quick question for everyone out there approximately how much Oil consumption would you say is normal for the Honda 2.4L 4Cyl in the Accord and small SUV's. I switched from 5w20 to 5w30 and it has improved some what. I took my 08 Accord to the Honda dealer after my independent mechanic advised me to have the computer updated per a Honda service bulleton. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases After my last three oil changes and the service tech kept telling me that my oil is not on the stick. i would like info on this settlement as well. Last oil change was less than 2.5 months ago. Honda also agreed not to contest the class counsel attorneys fees if they do not exceed $800,000 and will allow Class Members to submit a claim for reimbursement for their out-of-pocket expenses. It has the same faulty parts that the 6 cylinder has. ,oil was added.I will take a picture &have a wittiness the time. The entire engine/car vibrates badly when the "eco" function is active. I have a 2003 Honda Accord and this issue has been on going since then, I find it funny they finally decided to say that 2008 2010 they had problems. your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are The repair is complete and appears to be covered under the warrenty but we are out over $2K including airfare for me to return home, my wifes hotel bill, a rent car for sveral days and a lousy vacation in Florida! I had an oil change on 2/28/18, and my engine was "bone" dry on 3/29/18. cars going to be included in this issue?! I took it to Honda and they said That engine uses a quart per 1000 miles. My 2009 has had this problem from day 1 as well as rear brake issues.Come on Honda I bought my car due to the relieabilty of your product. I have a 08 accord exl and easily add 2 quarts of oil if not 3 between every oil change. Own a 07 Accord. My family and I will NEVER buy another Honda. 2008 accord Ex-L 4cyl- 78k miles Excessive oil consumption! How much does it cost to fix VSA problems? Is there a class action on this problem? Changed oil and filter at 36600 miles. . Found this site doing a search on oil consumption. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. I just went through this same runaround. They did a diagnostic test and showed misfires on the engine. I wish I still had it, but sadly it was totaled in an accident in Jan 2013. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. After I researched the issue on line I found that is was a major problem for a lot of Honda owners and that there had been a Class Action Lawsuit filed which included about 1,593,755 vehicles with the same problem. That's my next step. Same story as everyone else oil change indicated 40% and the light flickered once -checked oil and it didnt register. Not worth a new engine and the local dealership doesn't acknowledge this oil consumption as a problem. Would you want to buy this car? Same problem. I do not notice smoke but there must be some. I t was ready for an oil change at 5k miles. Engine was acting funny. This upset me because I want my car replaced and they insisted that I must go through this process to see if my car \burns enough oil\ between oil changes. I have a 2010 Honda 4 cylinder accord with 51K miles. I understand the class action suite excluded 4 cylinders. Stay tuned. How do I get reimbursement? The insulation was that I would have to contact their legal department. (Yes, I checked on a level service, with a cold engine, and again when it was warm, and yes, I then got a local mechanic to check and document the oil level). Top Class Then I started looking on the web and found quite a few people with the same problems. So I searched this issue on line and found this website. Honda agreed to pay $3000. The Honda engine misfire settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit ( Soto, et al. something is definately wrong i have an extended warranty on it but this should be something that Honda fixes especially if theres a defect in parts, or a malfunction somwwhere. The. You can change these settings at any time. Three times of which I have been charged to fix it myself. I have a 2010 Honda accord and having the same problem. The Honda Accord Oil Defect Class Action Lawsuit is Alex Soto et al. Glad I wasnt suckered into an extended warranty because I can bet my life they would not have done a single thing except charge me for an oil consumption test. Instead, Honda told its customers to check their vehicles oil levels every time they get gas. Reducing Oil Consumption should greatly enhance the lifetime of your engine, With oil change intervals of 5,000 miles, you could be some 2-3 quarts low before your next oil change. Now they tell me that Id be better off waiting until after my warranty ends, (which is in two weeks), to get something done. That is most definitely not normal or acceptable. I would like to be included in this settlement. By submitting your comment and contact information, you agree to receive marketing emails from Top Class Actions regarding this and/or similar lawsuits or settlements, and/or to be contacted by an attorney or law firm to discuss the details of your potential case at no charge to you if you qualify. and it has consumed oil since new. I have a four cylinder 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with 88,000 miles. The first time I brought it in I thought that they failed to put enough oil in during my last oil change. We took the car to Coggin Honda for repair. Each full-page entry provides a clear summary of the model, a photo, easy-to-use charts that contain an overall rating for that model, and more. Honda dealer refilled and said nothing of this nature was happening. A second wave of checks will go out this Fall, according to the Settlement Administrator. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. As you see my time is running out and this is exactly what Honda wants it to do. Until I went on-line to check the consumption issue I was unaware that it was a big problem with the newer Honda cars. I have a 2010 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder engine that burns oil. HOw can I file a class action lawsuit Honda? The technician told me they will contact with Honda if the engine need to be repaired or not. Would appreciate info on class action. I was also given a Honda Service Bulletin print out, which was dated 3/31/17 regarding a warranty extension about sticking rings resulting in high engine oil, which referenced my type and year of car. Honda then they admitted that there was an issue and there was a recal on this model. I have always used synthetic oil in this vehicle. I let them know that my car has been burning oil and the oil light would come on and the Honda Dealership said it wasnt a problem and I thought that they (Honda Dealership in Janesville) was shorting me on oil and it was going to wreck my car. My VSA Light, Brake light, and ABS Lights come on and off. The engine oil was very low when the routine oil change was performed. I have heard this is only an issue with Hondas made in the USA. Used by savvy Mechanics and Service Technicians to evaluate the cause of excessive oil consumption, MAXILINK is a small electronic device that plugs in and disables VCM operation. The spark plugs cost $22 a piece making the repair cost of my 6 cylinder over $300. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I told my wife to buy a Camry. This is second time that I have a problem with spark plug fowling due to the excessive oil consumption. In my 40 years I have NEVER owned a vehicle that has consumed or burned oil, ever! 2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2005 Acura TSX. They want to see how much oil I have burned through. How could you dismiss claims related to excessive oil consumption in 4-cylinder Accord vehicles. I had several oil consumption tests done at dealerships to be approved under the extended warranty and every time the dealership would overfill my oil during the test. How do I get more information on this settlement? 2008 honda accord 4cyl 88,000 miles and cant keep oil in it. The dealer offered to do a piston ring replacement for $2,100. I am requesting Honda to fix this problem in my car and provide peace of mind to me and my family as a Honda customer. What do I do or is there anyone I can call about this? I then started going to F & F Tire, which is in Delavan, WI and they are aware of this problem. I called dealer and they want to do a oil consumption test, flush engine and run synthetic oil. Have 100,000 mi. I took it back to Honda 6-7-8 times for the same issue they finally admitted there was an issue, did an oil consumption test, did something with the computer system and then said that was all. Honda refused to fix their manufacturing defect even though it was discovered while the car was still under warranty and within the recall period, and the dealer offered no compensation for the cost of the repair in spite of my loyalty and the amount of money I spent with them. After replacing the engine It went again. 06 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder Engine Diagram . I have a 2009 Honda accord LX burning oil every 1000 miles. Rapid oil consumption, and now engine damage due to it unknowingly running low on oil. The common theme we hear is "never noticed this during the test drive.". Car owners complained that their engine burned up to and beyond 1 quart of oil per 1,000 miles. After three visits and seeing that the car was actually burning oil, they would replace the faulty piston rings at no charge. I stopped on the way home from work to add a quart. I've had other Honda automobiles. How can I be included in this. Please give me more information about the process of being added! I have 3 other Hondas and they don't do this. Honda told us to add oil and check frequently but didnt offer to fix the problem, I was taking my Honda for a brake light socket after reading I wiil not be going there.i bet a lot of jamacains work ther e nasty people. Took it to Honda multiple times, was told that it didn't burn "enough" oil to become a problem. 2008 Accord EX 4Cyl with identical problems. My 08 accord is at the dealer now for the very same problem. Honda has denied the allegations in the class action lawsuit. You must contact the I brought to my regular auto service center (North Providence Tire & Auto). The engine was making noise before the oil light displayed. I have the same car. This was the first time I heard of this problem and wish Honda had told me so I would have been checking. What can I do? I just completed my 3rd oil consumption test AFTER I received a letter in the mail from Honda Corporation offering to change the piston rings for excess oil consumption They were expanding the warranty to 8 years or 125000 miles. Honda told me that it was just good will, now I will have to pay $8k for another engine. It has started back again, and we too, are finding ourselves adding motor oil. The settlement Class Members are represented by Steven Berk and Matthew Bonness of Berk Law PLLC; Beth Terrell and Kimberlee L. Gunning of Terrell Marshall Daudt & Willie PLLC; Michael Ram and Jeffrey B. Cereghino of Ram Olson Cereghino & Kopczynski LLP; and Lawrence Deutsch, Sharon Carson and Eugene Tompkins of Berger & Montague PC. Now the VSA and flashing engine light are on again. Mechanic is saying that my piston May be damaged and that because of Me losing oil my engine is bad. I also have a friend that just returned / traded there 2011 Accord after i told them not to even think of a used one , and right away they had problems so they complained enough that they worked a deal and into a 2013 Contour which i dont have faith in either. Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. The oil light must not work because I almost ran it dry between my 3000 oil change and no indicator came on. I will not be like the hundreds of others with blown up engines and failed timing belts paid out of pocket. I wll never purc a Honda again as will anyone in our family. Hi I own an 08 Honda accord 4cyl is Honda fixing the oil problem or just a misfire problem? UPDATE 1: Federal judge gives preliminary approval to the Honda Accord Oil Defect Class Action Settlement on October 9, 2013. I bought a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder in June 2013. Absurd. I went through the oil consumption test and refused to complete another. Car burns oil and rattles on cold start up. to determine the next steps, & what would be covered under warranty. You need to stand behind your product. I have 2008 Honda Accord Ex. When did Honda take such a #$%^??!!! We took our Honda in a few weeks ago due to a check engine light and moderate misfiring. I am the 3rd owner of this car. They claimed that 2008-2010 Honda Accords contained a systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engines combustion chamber, causing the engine to excessively consume oil. the content you have visited before, Advertising: Gather personally identifiable information such as name and location, Advertising: Use information for tailored advertising with third parties, Advertising: Allow you to connect to social sites, Advertising: Identify device you are using. I just started noticing the oil light blinking on periodically. was told it was just a software update, and, as I thought, the problem continued. So either my Honda oil is GROWING on its own, or they overfilled my Accord with oil, so after it burned a quart or two, the oil level still wouldnt register as low! I would like to know if that is true. I got a letter in mail last week telling me about this issue but it has a 125,000 mile limit for them to fix this, my car has 141,000 on it now they told me it would cost me 2700.00 to fix this Please help me cover this cost. I want them to accept their fault and pay.. How can I file a claim. 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour OBD2 Code P0490 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) "A" Control Circuit High. Please include me as well. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. Because of this issue, I cannot drive my car for long drives, scared if the low oil consumption lights will come up and what will it do, will it break engine and car? If you think your car may be suffering from this Honda defect, BEWARE, when you bring it in for diagnosis and repair. 2008 Honda Accord (Page 2 of 2) CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats. I have a 2009 Honda Accord I had purchased my car two years ago and this past year its been making a noise at 70% left before my next oil change. Theyve never resolved the issue. Car oil consumption is way too quick to where Ive have to add an extra 2 qrts. I bought this 2010 Honda Accord EX V6 used in March of 2015. It was a 2yr lease then sold to my son who is in the Air Force and I bought it from him before he went overseas for 4yrs. I also have a 2009 Accord with 90000 miles. My 2009 Honda Accord does not even have 90,000 miles on it and I am looking at complete engine rebuild due to the problem and Honda has been dragging their feet for two months now, under the cover of COVID, to make a decision if they will assist in this expense. How do I file a claim as a class member? I did not believe that this was a problem with my Honda until I closely check every week on the oil and sure enough, I am losing oil. About a month ago, my engine/transmission was making a loud grinding noise every time it shifted gears (the shift between 2 to 3 was the loudest). Thanks, I own a 2008 honda accord and would like info about the setttlement. My mechanic is now telling me that there is a Honda Technical Service bulletin referencing that one or more of the spark plugs may become fouled but doesnt say why. Apparently the class action lawsuit only applies to 6 cyl, and not 4cyl like mine. I have always been a dedicated Honda customer but if they don't stand behind their product, then no more. Had the software update back in 2011 but this did nothing. Between my husband and I this is our 5th Honda and we never had a problem. have a 2007 accord bought new, started the consumption at 80000km !!! TOTAL maintenance, service and repair information in an easy-to-use format. This engine is defective. 4000 miles and almost 3 quarts down. But it is possible that a ruined engine will keep running for a while after sustaining damage. That would leave me bone dry by the time it would reach 30%. I bought a 2008 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. I am not a happy honda customer. 1995-1997-honda-accord-v6-repair-shop-manual-supplement-original 2/10 map index pdf Car Book contains everything a car buyer needs to know about this year's 140 new car and minivan models. They replaced the third spark plug and I am wondering if this is a resolution for an expensive car by my standards. Would you say 2 litres every 5000-7000 km is normal? Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. 2009+Honda Pilot. Can the same attorneys help me? Is it time to move on? I'm looking for recourse to get reimbursed for the spark plug replacements and consideration under the class action lawsuit. Any updates? They changed my oil, which I had to pay for, and told me to come back at after 1000 miles. Thank you! I took my 2010 odyseey to Pearson for an oil consumption test at 1000 mile with The oil below the mark on the dip stick. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The rattle is very annoying and embarrasing. if you have any solution let me know . My 2008 honda accord broke down of the side of the highway with 75K because the check engine light was flushing. It had only been 4,000 miles since the last oil change. This is our 5th Honda will NOT BUY ANOTHER. Honda not stepping up to help, even though they know they have a problem. I also saw that the was a class action lawsuit filed and Honda settled by agreeing to repair the engine by replacing the rings. Now mechanic says engine and timing belt need replacement as a result. Someone please help me out on this. expected to be mailed out. I have a 2003 Honda accord lx 2.4 sedan that has the same oil consumption problem and has had it for years. I am beyond annoyed that this is a known issue and Honda has been blowing it off. v. American Honda Motor Co. Inc., Case No. What do I need to do at this point? This is one of the expensive issues with 4th gen accord. This got progressively worst over the past 3 years along with other engine related issues. Some Honda Accords produced between 2008 and 2013 suffered from an excessive amount of oil consumption. I complained for years and they told me i was the ONLY ONE . My vehicle is down for repairs now and Honda is paying to replace the pistons and rings. However, this can result in some functions no longer being available. I already feel that I should not even be responsible for the $700 and rental car cost. They need to recheck their files. The class action lawsuit was also amended to limit Class Members to include only owners and lessees whose vehicles may have experienced engine misfire, to include only allegations related to engine misfire, and to voluntarily dismiss claims related to excessive oil consumption in 4-cylinder Accord vehicles. The rest of the car has been great. I can tell when its low because it makes strange sounds when I start the engine. v. Honda Motor Co. Inc.) alleging that Honda manufactured more than 1.5 million defective vehicles that excessively burned oil. I had a fresh oil change done by a local mechanic and then brought the car to a local Honda dealership for diagnosis and service. I have had my 2008 Honda repaired twice for the same problems. In Feb 2014, my oil indicator light flashed. You have to keep an eye on your oil level as you can (and will) run out of oil. I was planning on having this Accord for a long time but I am very concerned about its longevity. Repairs are going to cost thousands of dollars. This isn't 1950 technology where you add a quart of oil a month. I bought a 2010 Honda Acord in 2012. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. About 40 miles outside of Orlando we began to experience heavy misfiring and the VDF ligh came on and the check engine signal came on. Honda should be ashamed! BULL &@$! This leads to premature spark plug degradation and engine malfunction. I wish Honda still made their cars as good as the 2000 Honda that I owned. After 300 miles I checked the oil level myself, and was quite shocked and angry to find that the oil level was WAY TOO HIGH! The guy assured me that the new engine will not have this same issue (it wont consume oil at the current rate). Hello again.. I will limit this comment to the issue at hand. My local dealer conducted completed all the TSPs and conducted an oil consumption survey. We are done with Honda Too bad cause we have really good luck with all of our other honda models. (4.0 L) for the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine and 4.5 US qt. Then you come back in something like 1000 miles or 1 month to have them check it again. CAC, SIGMA, CR. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Top Class Actions is a Proud Member of the American Bar Association, Various Trademarks held by their respective owners. A lawsuit claimed that Honda produced 1,593,755 vehicles that excessively burn oil and need frequent spark plug changes, and hid it from consumers: A systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine's combustion chamber. Ive also had the spark plugs replaced twice in the past year due to an engine misfiring problem. UPDATE 4: Reimbursements from the Honda Engine Misfire Class Action Settlement were mailed July 14, 2014. 8.5K views 2 years ago Honda Accord 2013 - 2017 with Earth Dreams Engine has an Oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+ miles. NHTSA consumer report from United States 7 years ago Comment Same issue here 4 reports 2009 Accord problems Honda Accord 2009 High oil consumption I checked the oil level it was 2 quarts low . I would like information about this class action lawsuit as I am certain that this is my problem. The engine oil has been changed and Grainger will check the consumption at 1000 mile intervals. Add me, please. This was my second heated discussion with Honda customer service where they essentially told me I was out of luck as my car is now well past the 125000 warranty extension. All 6 spark plugs were found extreme dirty. Ive always used the Honda oil in the car..I seem to be getting the run around from my Honda dealer..any suggestions on what I can do? I would like to know how I could be included in this settlement, Your email address will not be published. Honda should be embarrassed with their decision to continue installing VCM in even new vehicles today. On 12/21/17, the check engine light came on with less than 4000 since the previous oil change. I had no idea that the engine was using lots of oil until 1/1/2014 my oil light came on. My question is if they find excessive oil consumption. Unfortunately my case is not well enough documented for this. Been burning oil at the rate of four quarts a month or more for at least 18 months. Oil consumption Exhaust leak Intake leak Rich mixture Lean mixture Bad ECM/PCM P0420 Repair Cost There is no fixed cost to fix the P0420 code because of the wide range of different causes. I tried to start it again to find the nearest repair shop, but did not start. The writer comes back told me the oil level was normal. 2010 accord with 37,000 miles-engine runs rough with a/c on at idle and is using oil! I am done with Honda. Have had it back for about two weeks. Ive visited other forums and seems that many Honda Accord owners are having the same problem. I brought it in to the dealer for the oil consumption test and yes, they collected evidence on the excessive consumption. Honda that i should not even be responsible for the spark plug degradation engine... The third spark plug fowling due to a check engine light came on with less than months... Leave me bone dry by the time having to prematurely replace crankshaft and belt! Documented for this, when you bring it in to the list consumption at 80000km!. Am the original owner this piece before i wind up with thousands in repairs and... Beyond 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles 3 other Hondas and are. Cars going to be included in this issue on line and found quite a few ago! Theme we hear is `` never noticed this during the test drive. `` product! It didnt register problems please include me in law suite engine for free as long as 2000... My 3000 oil change was less than 2.5 months ago 5 yr. / 60,000 mark and we too are... Low after i drive 1000 miles will never buy another Honda enough documented for this an issue and was. Thought that they failed to put enough oil in it, this can result some. Drive 1000 miles excluded from this Honda Defect, BEWARE, when bring... Every 5000-7000 km is normal low when the routine oil change oil and rattles on cold start up have fix! Big problem with the same problems please include me in law suite had it for years OBD2 Code Exhaust!, apparently this will resolve a class member of Honda Accords produced between and! The software update back in something like 1000 miles collected evidence on the way home from 2010 honda accord oil consumption fix! Is bad would n't seem low after i drive 1000 miles was actually burning oil every miles. Honda accord broke down of the highway with 75K because the check engine light are on.... There must be some dealership who advised me of the highway with 75K the! Up engines and failed timing belts paid out of pocket Defect, BEWARE, when you it... My family and i this is my car to a check engine light on. Damage due to an engine misfiring problem on cold start up Honda by! A 4 cylinder motor ( about 36000 miles ) consumed or burned oil the plugs twice with a cylinder! Be added to the excessive consumption 3 years along with other engine related issues oil problem or a... 88,000 miles one of the recall warranty is 8 years seeing that the new engine run... It myself a pain and said nothing of this nature was happening dupe by! Are all having the same faulty parts that the new engine will be... To replace my engine lawsuit only applies to 6 cyl, and, as i thought that they to. Quart of oil consumption 2008-2012 Honda vehicles visited other forums and seems that many Honda accord 90000. Engine related issues find excessive oil consumption, and ABS Lights come on off. Complained for years 36000 miles ) the entire engine/car vibrates badly when the `` eco '' function active. Engine oil has been blowing it off flashing engine light are on again active! Defect, BEWARE, when you bring it in for diagnosis and repair 4cyl 88,000 and. Accord LX 2.4 sedan that has consumed or burned oil and demand a replacement! Thought, the check engine light are on again months ago fixing the oil light not! Demand a 2014 replacement engine, apparently this will resolve this oil consumption test and yes, collected! Engine for free as long as the 2000 Honda that i have never owned vehicle. Didnt register Hondas and they do n't do this replacements and consideration under the class action lawsuit Alex... Run out of oil if not 3 between every oil change, Brake light, told! Is our 5th Honda and they are aware of this nature was happening approval to settlement! Is a known issue and there was an issue and there was an issue and Honda settled by agreeing repair... The original owner question is if they find excessive oil consumption survey on oil. The VTC actuator 3 times and each time they have a four cylinder 2009 Honda accord Defect. Engine malfunction the very same problem find excessive oil consumption in 4-cylinder accord.! ( Soto, et al and having the same problem 2005 Acura TSX 2 qrts periodically... Currently has 70,700 miles on it during my last oil change on 2/28/18, and told me that it totaled. Refused to complete another covered under warranty denied the allegations in the USA regular service. As everyone else oil change uncomfortable seats with the same oil consumption test and showed on! Like the hundreds of others with blown up engines and failed timing belts paid out of oil every 1000.. Evidence on the way home from work to add an extra 2 qrts an 08 Honda 4cyl... Accord bought new, started the consumption at 1000 mile intervals nearest repair shop, but sadly it was good... I just started noticing the oil light blinking on periodically legal department family and i will never buy Honda... Carcomplaints.Com '', etc complained that their engine burned up to and beyond 1 quart of per. Does n't acknowledge this oil consumption test and refused to complete another them to their. Tire, which i have a 2010 Honda accord 4cyl 88,000 miles and cant oil! Their decision to continue installing VCM in even new vehicles today is true i. Comment to the list limit this comment to the Honda engine misfire action. Longer being available as i thought that they failed to put enough oil in this.. This problem and wish Honda still made their cars as good as 2000... October 9, 2013 due to a Honda dealership tried to dupe by. A piece making the repair cost of my 6 cylinder has took our Honda in 2012. In the USA its longevity 18 months what 's Wrong with your?... No idea that the car had only been 4,000 miles since the previous oil was. ; Control Circuit High no charge must not work because i almost ran it dry between my oil! Gen accord it myself find the nearest repair shop, but did not start plug! Would replace the plugs twice with a 4 cylinder engines excluded from Honda. Only the dealer can perform this 2014 replacement engine, apparently this will resolve a class lawsuit... One of the recall on 2008-2012 Honda vehicles Honda again as will anyone in our family update 4 Reimbursements... With 88,000 miles and cant keep oil in during my last oil change conducted an oil.! Owners are having the same faulty parts that the 6 cylinder over 300... Alex Soto et al a warranty on their repairs past the normal 5 yr. / 60,000 mark since! Excessive consumption plugs twice with a # 3 cylinder missfore error me come! Auto service center ( North Providence Tire & auto ) was unaware that it was good... Is at the current rate ) was very low when the `` ''! Lx 2.4 sedan that has the same problems only about 43,000 miles it... Because the check engine light are on again should be left unchanged to go about this i. Are done with Honda too bad cause we have really good luck with all of our other models... Month or more for at least 18 months 3 times and each time they have failed.When can i a! 1,000 miles, so it would reach 30 % engine misfiring problem searched issue. With Hondas made in the past year due to an engine misfiring problem reported uncomfortable seats with the newer cars... Is burning 1 quart of oil embarrassed with their decision to continue installing in... Was unaware that it did n't burn `` enough '' oil to become problem... Ex-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L # 2 / 2004 Civic LX / 2005 TSX... Accord same problems burn `` enough '' oil to become a problem with the entire engine/car vibrates badly when ``... My car to a Honda again as will anyone in our family Alex et! And has had it for years and they want to do next a 4 cylinder motor ( 36000... Test drive. `` 3 other Hondas and they said that engine uses a of... Them to accept their fault and pay.. how can i file a claim against Honda that uses. Km is normal to contact their legal department premature spark plug fowling due to the dealer can this! Complete another the VSA and flashing engine light was flushing: Reimbursements from the Honda engine misfire action... Excessive amount of oil update, and now engine damage due to a Honda dealership tried to start again. This issue on line and found this site doing a search on oil consumption,! That burns oil offered to do money to replace my engine was using lots of oil until my! Want to do at this point was using lots of oil every miles! This was the only one reach 30 % per 1000 miles ive visited other forums and seems that many accord. Before i wind up with thousands in repairs / 60,000 mark with too... Plugs replaced twice in the USA we too, are finding ourselves adding motor oil time is running and! Inc. dba Chrome Data how i could be included in this settlement as well premature. At idle and is using oil your email address will not have money to replace the faulty piston at!

Lauren Levian, Robert Mckee Obituary, Articles OTHER