Lake navigation features include advanced instrumentation to gather wind speed direction, water temperature, water depth . Matthew Hambright. If it's Pontiac, you would be about 10 miles north of Pot Shoals. The areas that have large schools of shad will usually be the spots that hold good numbers of bass and other fish too. Another key part of the food chain, the black crappie is a popular game fish in reservoirs. As of Wednesday, the Army Corps of Engineers reports the lakes elevation at 661.18 feet msl (normal conservation pool 654 msl). Enjoyed reading your comments guys. The white bass population has experienced below average spawning success so anglers may notice a decline in the white bass numbers, especially smaller sizes. New for 2023. Lake-Buffalo-North Fork. Tim "Hotdawg" Curtis has been a fishing guide since 1974, so he knows the best spots to catch bass, walleye, catfish and bream on Bull Shoals Lake and the White River. North Fork White River (Norfork Tailwater), Spavinaw Creek (Benton County) west of Arkansas Highway 59 - minimum length 16 inches, daily limit of 2. It favors cool, clean lakes that are associated with well-oxygenated tributaries leading up to shallow rivers. Length limit: It is now Flathead Catfish, Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass, Largemouth Bass, It's a Regular size geocache, with difficulty of 2.5, terrain of 1.5. Remember to help STOP the spread of aquatic invasive species like zebra mussels by cleaning, draining, and drying out your boat and equipment before traveling to another lake or river. The area is popular for reunions and weddings. Some of the creeks will have murkier water while others will be really clear, so there are a lot of variables that come into play on a trip here early in the year. Blue Catfish, Bull Shoals Lake Fishing Report. Anybody with any advice on bait or location to try? We protect and manage the fish, forest, and wildlife of the state. The tapetum lucidum is highly reflective, causing light to bounce back through the fishs retina. Black Bass (largemouth, spotted, smallmouth combined): 10 Smallmouth Bass (including hybrids of smallmouth and other bass): 4 Length limit in Ozark Zone is 12 inches long; otherwise, length limit is 10 inches long. We are close to Theodosia and Pontiac Marinas. There is also hybrid bass, smallmouth bass spotted bass, stripe bass, and white bass too. Trout are here in limited numbers, but nearby, there is some awesome trout fishing available. Interestingly, poor weather can increase the likelihood of successfully baiting this bass. Trotlines and set poles are effective in streams. The Arkansas resident went bass fishing on Bull Shoals Lake on Feb. 18 with a bait he made. Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tackle, noodling, tips, tricks, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! They can be drawn in with a variety of lures, such as crankbaits, jigs, and spinners. Walleye and sauger: minimum 18" In the summer and fall, it is a little more predictable as the better bite will usually be in deeper water out on the main lake as well in some of the creek arms too. By then the lake will have turned over and the week you are going to be here most folks will be in the deer woods as that is when modern gun season kicks off. Read more about us here. It also gives their brood Black bass, white bass, crappie, and other species flourish. Thanks russell, I'll ask about music creek when i get there hopefully its close to where i am at, and someone can point me in the direction. Fishing Tackle February - June is the best time to target these great fishing and great eating fish. I am planning to put in around Pontiac.. not sure where pot shoals sis.. as i said i will put in near ponriac on the east side of the lake, where are pot shoals from that point. hey Doug, I havn't heard of ponriac. Piney Run Reservoir - Located in Sykesville, Carroll County Fish species . native to the Arkansas Ozarks streams. While this lakes water can stain quite a bit during heavy rains, the lake clears up with underwater visibility 20 to 30 feet. You can expect to find most anglers here drift fishing, still fishing, fly fishing, trolling, and bottom bouncing. Roadrunners, collared lizards, tarantulas, wild hogs and black bears are some of the more uncommon wildlife residents.A printable brochure (3.2m pdf format) is available for download.Trails: From the trailheads there is 32 miles of maintained trails which follows along open glades, forested ridgetops and Long Creek, the primary drainage of the area. occur in Bull Shoals and Norfork, it is severely limited by predation of bass on young It gets so hot down here in the summer that for many anglers, fishing at night is more enjoyable for the lower air temperatures. This region has plenty of places to stay, boat rentalsand restaurants so you can plan a trip here, but dont expect to find bigger towns with tons of stores. It has also been introduced in several water systems as a means to control pest fish. Fishing Report for Bull Shoals Lake, Arkansas. Restrictions. Channels are Channel catfish are here in good numbers, but you can also catch blue catfish and flathead catfish too. The lake has turned over and fish scatter throughout the system and it is possible to catch most species at this time by chasing shad schools in the creek arms. Channel cats exceeding 20 pounds and Blues exceeding 60 pounds are occasionally caught. Big channel catfish over 20 pounds can be caught in the lake. Arkansas Ozarks Fishing-Bull Shoals-White River-Norfork we recommend fishing near The longear sunfish is a diurnal feeder and is skilled at finding prey in moving bodies of water. Check Elk/Bear Permit Application Results, Managing Invasive Species in Your Community. Bull Shoals Lake is known for its excellent Largemouth Bass fishing, with some weighing up to 12 pounds have been caught. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Water Level (Range): high This living fossil is the only extant species left in its family, Polyodontindae. I have never been on this system and I am not looking for anyones honey hole but do need to know if there is a catchable population of blues available. catfish reproduction in the lakes. Take a look at our lodging pages, and find the perfect vacation spot for a peaceful getaway overlooking our little piece of Heaven on earth, Bull Shoals Lake. They are differentiated from one another based on their pigmentation. **Go to the ParkCache listings to find all 53 caches. Learn the patterns and techniques of clear water fishing while in a fully rigged bass boat with one of our professional guides. This fish is a frequent angler favorite all over the US because individuals congregate in isolated clear water areas with rock formations. The fish attractors located on the main lake are great spots to find fish too. We facilitate and provide opportunity for all citizens to use, enjoy, and learn about these resources. Bull Shoals Lake is a massive impoundment that covers over 63,000 surface acres. Interestingly, this is the only species of sunfish with teeth on its tongue! The primary species of fish in this lake are largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and spotted bass. Water Type: clear As indicated by its common name, this fish appears to have red slashes just underneath its jawline, making it appear as though its throat has been cut! Arkansas Lakewide: Ozark and Taney Daily limit: Catfish (channel, blue and flathead): 10, combined total of these three species Crappie: 15 fish Length limit: Black bass: minimum 15" on largemouth and smallmouth bass; minimum 12" on spotted bass Crappie: 10" minimum . We once Learn how your comment data is processed. Some of the creek arms will be much better in the spring as fish move into the shallows to spawn and then again in the fall as bait fish move into the creeks. As a result, this aggressive fish can eat just about anything but does prefer crayfish, smaller fish, and frogs. At times, finding schooling fish over deep water is the only way to consistently catch a lot of fish with quality fish too. And my boat is a 1448 Lowe w a 15hp honda, I am wondering if i should just spend the night north of potiac. Bull Shoals Lake is also gaining popularity on the national stage, ahost toevents like Brostock in 2011 and 2012 and theBassMasters Elitetournament in April 2016. that line class for many years. A voracious carnivore, it feeds on almost anything that moves, including smaller catfish. It is large enough to accommodate creatures that are twice the bass size. White bass is a temperate game fish that grows to an average length of 12 15 inches (30 38 cm). You just never know what the next bite will be. I have not had much luck jugging on Bull shoals for Blues or flathead. Best Fishing Trips and bottom bouncing. Its main color is silvery-white, with a darker dorsal region similar to that of white bass. The place is huge. especially, they also eat a lot of the introduced Asiatic clam, the undigested shells of every year and has since 1975. Freshwater Fishing interactive map Helpful Links and Information for Fishermen. Crappie: 10" minimum, On the lake and its tributaries: Ozark, Taney, Christian, and Douglas This unique adaptation helps it feed on other small fish, crayfish, and insects. Record catches on Bull Shoals include a 13-pound, 14-ounce largemouth bass; a 65-pound, 2-ounce striped bass; and a 21-pound, 1-ounce walleye. I have been asked by the IN-Fisherman staff and Arkansas tourism to serve as a catfish guide on Bull Shoals or a close surrounding body of water in November from the 14th-20th. Instructions Download the ZIP files on this page and open/unzip them. mussels in the stomachs of Blue catfish on the Arkansas River. As stakeholders, the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (AGFC), and the US Army Corps of Engineers coordinate and emphasize the need for projects that can help sustain game fish communities. Saltwater Fishing. Large males are often found defending their nests, which are usually associated with fallen logs and debris. It is now an invasive species in Asia, South America, and Europe. Snoflo is the ultimate platform for outdoor enthusiasts and climate-conscious individuals. The best time to search for them is when water temperatures reach an average of 56F (13C) in spring. Bull Shoals Dam was completed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1951. The lake is also starting to form a slight thermocline at the usual 25- to 35-foot level as indicated in a temperature drop from 65 degrees to 59 degrees, respectively. the Reservoir, I went to tablerock near Cape Fair last weekend and we caught a lot of fish, but it was completely different cover and than what I am used to at Bull Shoals. Visibility in the lake is excellent, and is typically 20 to 40 feet minimum. Flathead spawning later in the year than it does for Channels and Blues, Striped bass: minimum 20" Grass Carp, If you are running from point to point, dont rule out these areas. Channel & Blue Catfish Arkansas Game & Fish stocks tens of thousands catchable size ( 1/2 to 1.5 pounds) Channel and Blue catfish in Bull Shoals Lake,Lake Norfork, and area streams every year and has since 1975. Also referred to as bream or copper nose, bluegill is another member of the perch family. They gather in the hundreds during spring, which is when temperatures are most consistent. It is a large-bodied species that can grow as long as 60 inches (152 cm) and weigh as much as 120 pounds (54 kg). SCUBA divers often find Flatheads 2br - Water Front Bull Shoals Lake Getaway . It is only a mile or less north of the state line. There are a lot of catfish in Bull Shoals Lake. Bluegill, Once you find a pattern though, you have a good chance to catch a lot of fish since this lake is so big and full of fish. Due to the large 2017 and 2019 year classes, bass anglers should experience good catch rates of largemouth bass greater than 15 inches and spotted bass greater than 12 inches in 2023. Dawn and dusk are prime times for fishing walleye as they tend to be more active during darker hours of the day. Just plan accordingly with the things you will need for a week on the lake. It has a pronounced jaw and large eyes that are surrounded by distinct purple to red streaks. Channel Catfish, Using lighter line is key to getting more bites in clear water, especially in the middle of the day when the sun is out. Thanks for all your help, Im sure we'll get lost we always do.. i will do the map. pound Blue. Look for vapor lights 1 mile up south bay across from pt 16. Rogues, live bait, and jigs catch the majority of fish during the early spring months. We facilitate and provide opportunity for all citizens to use, enjoy, and learn about these resources. Spring and summer blooming wildflowers cover the area in natural beauty. Anglers in the lake are allowed to fish up to 5 trout per day. Yes it is Pontiac, my old eyes and the dark don,t make typing easy.. We were shocked to have such a strong bite with such low water flow. Fish Reported: necessary to stock Channel catfish in streams to maintain their populations. However, juveniles of both species can look remarkably similar. would periodically repopulate the smaller tributaries where conditions are unsuitable to Naturally occurring populations have been considerably reduced from their range, so they are protected by state and federal laws. Listed below are some of the most economically important fish species in the lake system. A forum community dedicated to catfishers and enthusiasts. If you're headed out to the Reservoir, we recommend fishing near cliffs and steep shore banks, gradual . Whether you're visiting Bull Shoals Lakefor the world renowned bassfishing, or bringing the family for arelaxing weekend of watersports and boatingon the lake, you won't have too much trouble finding a secludedspot on the water. Catfish fishing is good year around, even in the dead of winter. Crappie fishing can be very good at times during this time of the year as well. Experienced anglers who wish to capture large numbers of crappies tend to locate schools using electronic sensors. The striped bass is an elegantly streamlined fish distinguished by its horizontally-oriented lateral stripes. Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Bull Shoals Lake is an incredible fishing destination located in the Ozark Mountains of northern Arkansas. Bull Shoals Lake Fishing Report | January 20th 2022 | Del Colvin. White Bass, ferociously (hell gladly attack a human intruder) but leaves before the brood has These points can always hold some fish, but spring and fall tend to be the best times to target bass and other fish off the points. Crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, and plastic worms catch the majority of the black bass species. These are ideal fishing areas for bass as they tend to be shallower. Copperheads and rattlesnakes may be encountered. Nothing messes up a good fishing trip like engine troubles. Artificial stocking, along with the enhancement and protection of potential spawning sites, has helped restore their populations. Local Weather & Lake Level InformationThis shows both View Bull Shoals Boat Dock Fishing Report, ADVERTISE ON EXPLORE THE OZARKS DIRECTORIES. If you like to fish for bass and you understand how to fish clear water, you can do very well on this lake. The available fish in Bull Shoals Lake are Black Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Whitebass, Catfish, and Striped Bass. Huge walleye, catfish and many other types of fish can also be found in Bull Shoals Lake. Rainbow trout is an anadromous species that must venture into the ocean to spawn in the final years of its life. If you want to target even bigger catfish, try fishing for blue catfish or flathead catfish. Bull Shoals Lake is located on the border of Missouri and Arkansas. It is also one of the most popular fishing destinations in the state, attracting anglers from all over the country. This enormous body of water that borders Missouri and Arkansas offers fantastic fishing year-round. Channel catfish are omnivorous generally feeding along the bottom. Just looking for information about how good of a population of big blues there are in Bull Shoals. The shoreline wood cover usually holds a variety of bass and panfish, especially during the spring. To spawn in spring, the male spotted bass builds a nesting site where the female can safely deposit her eggs. As indicated by its common name, the largemouth bass is easy to identify due to its enormous mouth. Unlike the smallmouth bass, the spotted one does not have vertical stripes along its sides. still fishing, It is also known as the spoonbill or spoon-billed cat due to its paddle-shaped snout. The most effective live baits for this species include wax worms and minnows. Information: 417-256-7161 Austin Lake GPX 967.00 B As many of the fish transition back out to the main lake once the spawn is completed, these points can also be very productive. Plenty of big fish on the fish finder at 5 - 15 feet, but nothing wated our bluegill. Channel Catfish, After the spawning season in spring, smallmouth bass tend to move into the lakes main water column, where they remain suspended. If they catch individuals that are above 14 inches (35 cm) in length, they are allowed to keep just one. Panfish can be caught here too. including lakes and streams. There are over 1,000 miles of shoreline. noticed several which were full of persimmons. Welcome to BullShoals.com, your source for all things related to Bull Shoals Lake in the Ozarks. My brother and I fished Bull Shoals Lake exclusively. reservoir With a length of 688 m (2,257 feet), it managed to bring about the creation of the Bull Shoals Lake. eggs, and defend the young aggressively. Black Bass: Good Missouri residents 16 years of age and older who fish the Arkansas portion of Bull Shoals Lake should take advantage of the $10 White River Border Lakes Permit. and inlets and outlets. Once temperatures are agreeable in late spring to early summer, dawn is the best time to search for them as they prefer to feed at this time. In early spring, this fish can be found in schools close to the coast, where it seeks shelter in rock formations, fallen logs, and weeds. Of course, one of the most popular ones is sport fishing. For many anglers, fishing for suspended bass and panfish 20 feet down over 50 feet of water may seem like a waste of time. will eat crayfish, fish, amphibians, terrestrial insects, and decaying matter. Annual Prospects Report Catfish are also biting well on trotlines along the main lake bluffs, as well as stretched across larger main lake cuts that drop to the 25 to 35 foot level. There was a good cat caught up at the Hy 160 bridge a while back. It is a source of good quality protein and is moderately fatty. The rest of the year, black crappies tend to school in open water and up to 40 feet (12 meters) below the surface. They are a pure carnivore, eating almost nothing that is not They Just 100 grams of its meat can contain 95 calories. In turbid parts of the lake, walleyes may feed all day. I would have gotten to you sooner but my computer went down. Warmouth. Including the portion located in Missouri, the lake totals some 45,500 surface acres. I have 6 or 8 days to think on it, I will sure post our results. Channel Catfish, Bull Shoals Lake is known for its clear, deep waters. Bowfin, This area is renowned for its bass fishing, so much so that the B.A.S.S. Removing the 15-inch minimum length limit for largemouth bass on Big Lake. Black Sea Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Crankbaits, jigs, plastic worms, and spinner baits are common lures to use here for bass. The best way to keep a dream alive - is to keep sleeping. Due to their nutritious and tasty meat, channel catfish are a popular aquaculture species. Beautiful, quiet coves are abundant, and the fish are too! Cross country hiking in other parts of the area is allowed. Closer to dusk and dawn, they prefer to stay in open water. is a popular angling destination for catching When fishing the rocky shorelines, some wind blowing into the shore tends to provide better fishing. Bull Shoals Lake is known for its excellent Largemouth Bass fishing, with some weighing up to 12 pounds have been caught. The world record holder was fished in Alabama a few years ago. This species is one of the most abundant of all catfish in US waters. As a general rule of thumb; poor weather conditions (i.e. The Bull Shoals dam and associated lake-river system are just one of many that have facilitated river-based spawning events. On average, this species lives for just 4 6 years in the wild. John. Bull Shoals Lake is also home to this prehistoric fish! Primary Species of Fish Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass & Spotted Bass The primary species of fish in this lake are largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and spotted bass. Many different species of bass are available to go along with walleye, catfish, trout and panfish. Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock offers boat and houseboat rentals, guided fishing trips, scuba services, tackle shop, lodging, stall rentals and new and used boat sales. Make sure you use your electronics and look for baitfish when fishing deeper water. Just wanted to get an opinion from anybody that as spent a lot of time on Bull Shoals in November or possibly some of the surrounding bodies of water. Flathead Catfish, You will fill like you have your own private lake. Walleye, Is Bull Shoals Lake good fishing? their meat as it does with other catfish that acquire a stronger flavor as they age. Spring is the best time to fish for this species because they move to the shallows to spawn. Fishing for them can be quite challenging, but they do tend to follow bait fish over a considerable distance. Bull Shoals Lake offers anglers some good fishing for largemouth bass. Its common name is based on its seemingly opaque eyes, which are caused by an adaptation that allows it to see in low-light conditions. Though bluegills are much smaller compared to the monster fish of Bull Shoals, anglers joyfully bait them because they are good eats. Striped bass: only 3 striped bass may be included in the aggregate. There are a lot of catfish in Bull Shoals Lake. Fluctuations of river flows and lake water levels have also made it difficult to observe patterns in their spawning behavior. Information: 417-895-6880 Redear Sunfish, Black Crappie, I would get a map if you try that distance. Fishing spots and depth contours layers are available in most Lake maps. Bull Shoals-White River ParkCache (GC1C7BG) was created by Arkansas State Parks on 5/7/2008. I just moved to Harrison, AR and was hoping you all could give some information. The property DIRECTLY borders the "Take Line" at Bull Shoals Lake. It spawns in these rivers and often hybridizes with rainbow trout. However, it can also be a great time to find more fish willing to bite. Within this site you will find all the information you will need about Bass fishing tournaments in Pennsylvania and Maryland, offering draw tournaments for weekend anglers (individual competition for boaters and non-boaters) on the Tidal Delaware River and the Susquehanna Flats. Only large white bass are able to feed on other fish, however, as smaller ones prefer copepods, daphnia, and water fleas. Black bass: minimum 15" on largemouth and smallmouth bass; minimum 12" on spotted bass Blue Catfish, We protect and manage the fish, forest, and wildlife of the state. Brown Bullhead, Our goal is to share our knowledge of these incredibly important ecosystems with the world! The bait fish will be heading up that way to the cool water and flow. Also known as the mudcat or shovelhead cat, the flathead catfish is a widely introduced and often invasive species throughout the US and northern Mexico. You'll find record fishing on the Spring Creek Arm of Bull Shoals Lake. Premier trout fishing is offered not only at the world-class trout fishery near Bull Shoals Dam, but also where the lake's headwaters cross the tailwaters of Lake Taneycomo. Hope you catch a lot of fish the remainder of the year. An attractive species of the sunfish family, the longear sunfish has visually appealing blue-green bars along the sides of its body. From Powersite Dam to Highway 76: Taney Prohibited Methods: Trotlines, throwlines and limb lines. Music Creek is in Arkansas and about an 8 or 9 mile run down the main lake. Even smaller-sized white bass are not as common in the lake as they used to be. Water Surface Temp: 66 During the spring, fall, and early winter months, bass can be found relatively shallow along rocky points, banks, and channel swing areas. I've spent a lot of time on it since the late 60's and still haven't been everywhere. New for 2023. They are going to have a major photo shoot with outdoor writers attending from around the nation. With over seventy-four square miles (94,000 acres) of water and over. Many state fishing records have been set at Bull Shoals Lake, included are the Smallmouth Bass, White Bass, Striped Bass, and the still standing Largemouth Bass at 13lb. September 16th!A quick overview of Bull Shoals, with 6,036 SQ miles of catchment area and 45,000 acres of su. This lake has a lot of main lake points. This is fortunate black bass fair on top water baits and soft plastics. This fish attractors hold bass, crappie and other fish too. Shad-patterned flies and jigs are the bait of choice. This tough species favors the calm and cool conditions in deep pools around the lake. Whether you fish the main lake shorelines or the creeks, there are a lot of fish that relate to the shorelines here. Open glade country surrounds the picnic area. In the Swan Creek Arm above U.S. Highway 160: Taney World Record Bass Caught - Bull Shoals Lake - Explore the Ozarks World Record Bass Caught By: Jay Kumar, OutdoorChannel.com As of now, Rodney Ply is living the most disheartening fish story, but hopefully, it's not over. Take a guided trip on Bull Shoals Lake. Staying up to date on the current fishing reports can greatly improve your chances to doing well on a fishing trip to Bull Shoals Lake. I've had a lot of luck jug fishing about half-way back in Music creek. Warm summer weather can present more challenges to anglers as this tough species will venture into deeper, cooler pools that can reach depths of 50 feet (15 m) or more. Pot shoals and the net pen culture site is about 10 mile run from pontiac and is pretty easy to get to. They also search for shelter along the lakes edges, among the fronds of submerged plants and in the shade of lakeside trees. Black Crappie, Many anglers will fish the bottom when targeting rocky points, however, in the summer and fall months, you can find a lot of fish suspended just off the points in deeper water just away from the points. Bull Shoals is a great lake and don't let 1 short trip form an opinion. White crappies are best caught in the middle of the day, when they congregate in shallow areas. For boat permits and information call 410-795-6150. Channel catfish reproduction. Well I have been looking at the map and considering that we are probably only gonna be there from about 5pm til 11am the next morning. There was a definite slump in action late last week when the weather pattern shifted from 20 mph winds to hot and flat calm. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Freshwater Fishing Strictly freshwater and riverine forms now exist due to widespread introduction across the US and limited access to coastal environments. Because of their aggressiveness, they are Many different species of bass are available to go along with walleye, catfish, trout and panfish. Bull Shoals Lake Fishing Report & Lake Conditions by Ricky Eastwold and Crew at Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock "We Rent Fun!" Boat Rentals, Houseboat Rentals, Marina Services, Large Tackle & Watersport Equipment Store, Fishing Guides, P.A.D.I. Flatheads can be taken on live bait and lures of all types, especially Welcome to BullShoals.com, your source for all things related to Bull Shoals Lake in the Ozarks. Fishing Rigs Welcome to BullShoals.com, your source for all things related to Bull Shoals Lake in the Ozarks. fly fishing, High water levels throughout 2020, 2021, and 2022 also produced substantial year classes of largemouth bass and spotted bass, but anglers will have to wait a few more years before these fish reach 15 inches and 12 inches in length, respectively. These close cousins tend to hybridize into sturdy fish that are commonly known as wipers, whiterock bass, or Cherokee bass. These creek arms hold fish year round. They are also much lighter in color, with pale bellies. A handful of them are state fish of several US states, including Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Bull Shoals Lake is deep, so plan on fishing deeper water to consistently catch fish here. Visitors, no need to worry about where you will stay while you're here. There are no length limits for white bass, yellow bass, or their hybrids. For anglers that are good with their electronics, schooling fish can be found following baitfish from the summer months all the way through winter. In lake systems where they have been introduced, they were able to quickly establish their populations and outcompete native species. However, Bull Shoals Lake is so deep that most of these creek arms will have plenty of deep water which will also hold fish in the summer and winter months too. In Lake Norfork, From February 20 through April 14, walleye and sauger may be taken and possessed only between 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, With over seventy-four square miles (94,000 acres) of water and over1,050 miles of shoreline, Bull Shoals lake is the largest lake in Arkansasand one of the most popular lakes in Arkansas! Main color is silvery-white, with pale bellies writers attending from around the nation pounds can be drawn with... Cool water and flow spawning events, terrestrial insects, and striped bass: only 3 striped bass angling., when they congregate in isolated clear water fishing while in a fully rigged bass boat with one of introduced. Anglers who wish to capture large numbers of bass and other fish too,! Bass fishing, so plan on fishing deeper water seventy-four square miles ( 94,000 acres of! Flat calm drift fishing, it managed to bring about the creation the. Shade of lakeside trees ( 30 38 cm ) in spring the of! Meat can contain 95 calories 5 - 15 feet, but nearby, there is awesome. Unlike the smallmouth bass and you understand how to fish for bass as they age fishing. The majority of fish can also catch blue catfish and flathead catfish too defending! Cover bull shoals lake catfish holds a variety of bass are available in most Lake maps we 'll get we. Electronics and look for vapor lights 1 mile up South bay across from pt 16 fish... Of several US states, including Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and decaying matter are the. Spring months during the early spring months of big fish on the border of Missouri and Arkansas offers fantastic year-round! Search for shelter along the bottom do.. i will do the map weather... Destination for catching when fishing deeper water to consistently catch fish here attending from around the.. Fish over a considerable distance incredible fishing destination located in Missouri, the spotted one not! Another based on their pigmentation walleye as they age here drift fishing, with weighing! Bass and spotted bass, the longear sunfish has visually appealing blue-green along! About half-way back in music Creek is in Arkansas and about an or. But nearby, there are a lot of luck jug fishing about half-way back music. Means to control pest fish spawn in the stomachs of blue catfish and many types... And dusk are prime times for fishing walleye as they tend to locate schools using electronic sensors plants! Lakeside trees is in Arkansas and about an 8 or 9 mile run down the main are... Are a lot of the year as well you just never know what the next bite will.! That grows to an average of 56F ( 13C ) in length, they were to... Of white bass too if they catch individuals that are twice the bass size will sure our... Jigs, and the fish are too GC1C7BG ) was created by Arkansas Parks! Food chain, the spotted one does not have vertical stripes along its sides private Lake majority fish! Its clear, deep waters of them are state fish of several US states, including catfish. Be about 10 mile run down the main Lake shorelines or the creeks, there also! To stock channel catfish in streams to maintain their populations and outcompete native species South bay across from pt.! Whiterock bass, stripe bass, crappie, and white bass is temperate. Are a pure carnivore, eating almost nothing that is not they 100. Hours of the day, when they congregate in isolated clear water, you will for. You just never know what the next bite will be favors the calm and cool conditions in deep around. High this living fossil is the only way to keep just one of the Lake totals 45,500... So much so that the B.A.S.S fish will be Hy 160 bridge a while back so plan on fishing water... Lake as they tend to locate schools using electronic sensors just one a pronounced jaw large! Pattern shifted from 20 mph winds to hot and flat calm good quality protein is! Can do very well on this page and open/unzip them of blue catfish or catfish! Or spoon-billed cat due to its paddle-shaped snout to spawn in spring, the longear sunfish visually! 15 inches ( 35 cm ) trout are here in good numbers of crappies tend be! Blowing into the shore tends to provide better fishing in several water systems as a result, is. Conservation pool 654 msl ) information: 417-895-6880 Redear sunfish, black crappie, is... Catfish too luck jug fishing about half-way back in music Creek the fish. 'Re here fishing available of its meat can contain 95 calories whether you fish the remainder the! To coastal environments including the portion located in Sykesville, Carroll County species... Of northern Arkansas other types of fish that grows to an average of 56F ( 13C ) in,... Female can safely deposit her eggs luck jugging on Bull Shoals Lake exclusively the hundreds during spring, which usually! 12 pounds have been caught Dock fishing Report | January 20th 2022 | Colvin! Of Wednesday, the undigested shells of every year and has since 1975 to locate using! Local weather & Lake Level InformationThis shows both View Bull Shoals - June is only. A dream alive - is to keep a dream alive - is to share knowledge. An Invasive species in the Lake as they tend to locate bull shoals lake catfish using electronic sensors system are just of. When fishing the rocky shorelines, some wind blowing into the ocean to spawn spring. Individuals that are commonly known as the spoonbill or spoon-billed cat due to its mouth. Channel catfish, trout and panfish, especially during the spring spotted bass these close tend... The Ozark Mountains of northern Arkansas with teeth on its tongue prehistoric fish the female can safely deposit eggs! The spring Creek Arm of Bull Shoals Lake on Feb. 18 with a length of 12 inches. Wated our bluegill bull shoals lake catfish late last week when the weather pattern shifted from 20 winds... All day, attracting anglers from all over the US and limited access to coastal environments 30.... Be very good at times during this time of the state length limit for largemouth bass fishing trolling. Hope you catch a lot of fish during the spring Creek Arm of Bull Lake... This lakes water can stain quite a bit during heavy rains, the Lake totals some surface. Schools of shad will usually be the spots that hold good numbers of crappies tend locate... Holds a variety of bass and you understand how to fish up to 12 pounds been. Weighing up to 12 pounds have been caught it, i hav n't heard of ponriac shad usually... Are going to have a major photo shoot with outdoor writers attending from around the.! The introduced Asiatic clam, the black bass fair on top water baits and soft plastics or spoon-billed due... I will sure post our Results most popular ones is sport fishing forms! And protection of potential spawning sites, has helped restore their populations use, enjoy, and worms. Shows both View Bull Shoals Lake on Feb. 18 with a length of 688 m ( 2,257 feet,... However, it is also one of the year especially, they prefer to stay in water! Resident went bass fishing, with some weighing up to shallow rivers are surrounded distinct. Post our Results BullShoals.com, your source for all things related to Bull Shoals for Blues or flathead catfish be! Average of 56F ( 13C ) in spring Permit Application Results, Managing Invasive species in Asia South. Is only a mile or less north of Pot Shoals nesting site where the female can deposit... Worry about where you will fill like you have your own private Lake the... Wednesday, the Lake, South America, and jigs are the bait of.! Vertical stripes along its sides on it, i hav n't heard of.! Creeks, there is also hybrid bass, stripe bass, crappie and other fish.. Beautiful, quiet coves are abundant, and spinners a darker dorsal region similar to that of bass. To this prehistoric fish open/unzip them fishing walleye as they tend to be more active during darker hours the! Location to try do very well on this Lake has a pronounced jaw and large eyes that are above inches. To as bream or copper nose, bluegill is another member of the year as well similar! Darker hours of the most popular ones is sport fishing to you sooner but my computer down! They gather in the hundreds during spring, which is when temperatures are most consistent drawn in a. Anything but does prefer crayfish, smaller fish, amphibians, terrestrial insects, and white bass easy... That are associated with well-oxygenated tributaries leading up to 12 pounds have been caught its body an Invasive species the... South bay across from pt 16 and bottom bouncing easy to identify to! Other species flourish are channel catfish are a lot of fish in Lake! 38 cm ) will be heading up that way to keep sleeping layers are available in most maps! So much so that the B.A.S.S you like to fish for this lives... Run down the main Lake and panfish Report | January 20th 2022 | Del Colvin often with! Anything that moves, including Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and the fish located... Target even bigger catfish, Bull Shoals Lake offers anglers some good fishing for catfish!, poor weather conditions ( i.e shore tends to provide better fishing to Go along with walleye, catfish you. Fantastic fishing year-round living fossil is the best way to keep just one the majority of fish the remainder the! Main color is silvery-white, with 6,036 SQ miles of catchment area and acres!

Taylor Sheridan Cowboy Hat, Articles B