if( 'moc.enilnoefiltseb' !== location.hostname.split('').reverse().join('') ) { You had to throw Dajuan out of the gym. Its a family culture, Medley said. Lake Holcombe: Strzok 6, Schroeder 4, Nitek 3, Yeager 9, Craker 4, Hattamer 2. 4), got into an on-court altercation with Eastside High players on Feb. 16. Dajuan Wagner Sr. No. First round: 53-46 over (10) Gloucester; Quarterfinals: 76-52 over (15) Lindenwold; Semifinals: 71-44 over (3) Cinnaminson, More:Complete list of all 448 NJ wrestling state tournament qualifiers. Camden basketball dominates Newark Central to capture elusive 12th state title. 1 sophomore high school basketball player in the nation. June 5, 2000: Wagner announces he will play for the University of Memphis. COLEMAN - Joe Olsen scored 17 points and Evan Hockers added 16 as the Cougars rallied for the regional win. 3-pt: Taddy, Prochnow, Maney, Z. Dvorachek 5. The first store is shutting down tomorrow. The late Mike Gilchrist, the father of NBA player Micharl Kidd-Gilchrist, was on this team, too. We want him to experience being a sophomore in high school.. So Medley bragged to his former neighbor, Clark, once a player at Lincoln University, about the dominant performance. Algoma: Romdenne 4, Robertson 4, Vardon 18, Vandervest 5, Lischka 6, Kirchman 5. User Agreement, Fouls: 14. Miller 3, Meverden 14, Hu. This was Turner's first state title. Carstarphen, Brown and Donnie Walker were other key players for a dominating team that won a pair of battles with John Valore's best team at CH East -- the squad that had four 1,000-point scorers in the Temple-bound Katsikas brothers, Tom and Nick, as well as Marc Levy and Frankie Williams. The NJSIAA rule books states: 'Any varsity team accumulating three (3) or more player or coach disqualifications prior to the start of the tournament will not be permitted to participate in the state tournament. A high school basketball game was halted after a melee broke out during Thursdays game between Its relentless on-ball defense leads to loads of fastbreak opportunities. OSHKOSH - Tristan Johanknecht and Dylan Taylor each scored 22 points to lead the Wildcats to the victory. Aaron Wickersheim led White Lake with 10 points. ae0fcc31ae342fd3a1346ebb1f342fcb, "Our number one objective at the district is to raise students that meet the standards that we set for society and that we want our very own children to embody. But it all started from his willingness to get better and absorb the game from those around him. The Camden City School District decided that the two teams would be withdrawn from the NJSIAA tournament, leaving the Panthers (23-3) unable to defend the Group 2 state championship. The melee happened after Robinson and Bacon had an on-court altercation, which quickly sparked off a mass brawl with players being held back. Hes very vibrant; he can bring a room alive with a smile. The thing about this team was that it lost its last game. "Everything else, we'll see how it turns out." Bestlifeonline.com is part of the Meredith Health Group. They all went to Camden High, proudly wearing the purple and gold, and father and son have New Jersey state titles. WAUSAU - Beckett Teske scored 15 points and Brett Butalla added 13 to lead the Warriors to the regional quarterfinal win. As Coach of the Team Final 17U squad on the Nike EYBL circuit, Burt coached NBA players such as Cam Reddish, Donta Divencenzo and Mikail Bridges. Miller 2, Schmid 1. Chaos broke loose as fans, players and coaches flooded the court with some players having to be held back from joining the fight. (19-11) at (4) Sterling (21-9), Coaches: Middle Twp. He does really well with trying ways to better suit what were doing as a whole.. But Camdens removal from the tournament due to a fight in the Camden County final gave everyone hope it could make a run. Lomira: Goebel 13, Hahn 12, Luedtke 10, Steger 2, Menzer 17, Broeske 15, Steers 5. Athens:Sheahan 20, Pittman 5, Schultz-Becker 2, Wolf 2, Johnson 2, Krause 6, Schaer 10, Janke 27. DJ is open to go anywhere. 7. If Camden had played 13 more games, he would have scored 400 more points and his career total would have been nearly 4,000). Im happy he stayed in Camden to play, and thats because he wanted to stay home and be there with his teammates and family. FT: 9-11. He averages 22 points, 3.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and two steals. I remember DeMatha coach Morgan Wooten raving about Wagner after that game. However, Clark asked, Well, how many assists did you have? Medley responded with a muddled face and answered, I got maybe four or five., When he was younger, I used to try to evolve his [thinking about] teammates to the point where theyre getting involved and hes getting 20 assists, said Clark, who later became a coach on Medleys AAU team, Team Final. I don't know what happened with their team, I just wanted to get my kids to the locker room. [1] [2] He is the son of a former professional basketball player Dajuan Wagner and grandson of professional player "Ice Man" Milt Wagner. "He had me convinced when I was in fifth grade that I could have been playing in high school," Wagner said. The Wolves led 16-15 at intermission before Olsen and Hockers got hot. How they got here: Lenape First round: 66-31 over (16) GCIT; Quarterfinals: 58-51 over (8) Williamstown; Semifinals: 56-48 over (4) Eastern, Egg Harbor Twp. FT: 4-6. FT: 2-4. Fouls: 17. This was the first year for the county tournament and Avent said he was not aware of any tension between the teams heading into the game. Senior boys basketball per-game stat leaders as of Feb. 9, Whos leading the title race? This was Billy Culbertson's senior season and Milt Wagner's sophomore season. And I want to say thisDJ has his own path. Seven Lakes center Josh Akpovwa (35) shoots over Fort Bend Marshall "The students involved in the incident from both schools have had a tremendous season and have worked incredibly hard to be successful. March 16, 2022: Wagner is named the Gatorade Boys Basketball Player of the Year for New Jersey for the second straight season. Im not anywhere without my teammates, my family, my grandfather and my mom and my dad.. Oneida Nation: Thayer 8, E. Danforth 24, Van Boxtel 5, D. Danforth 10, Rodriguez 9, Webster 1, V. Stevens 2, E. Stevens IV 14. My parents are on me about my education. Mattias Erickson led Chesterton Academy withnine points. Im proud of carrying on the Wagner legacy and the Camden legacy. Aaron Burt is very familiar with the South Jersey Fouls: 11. The District will take all the necessary steps for appropriate disciplinary action.'. His mom worked two jobs to keep his dream alive. Robinson then punched the Tigers player, who immediately reciprocated as the referee blew his whistle. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our A lot of people link Thompson with that famous 1981 team and remember the disappointment of that ending. 1987 (28-3). Both teams are competitive, kids are competitive, Avent said. The Panthers went 83-6 in Walls' sophomore, junior and senior seasons, and won Group 4 state crowns when the crafty left-hander was a sophomore and senior. No titles; Lenape - 2022. Clark mentioned a play to Medley the first time they played the Crusaders this season, when he would throw the ball off someones back during an inbounds play, then try to go for a layup. 2022 Galvanized Media. Olsen scored 14 second-half points, while Hockers added 12 in the final 18 minutes. Fouls: 18. I had to earn it from my dad, and DJ will have to earn it against me. Overall boys basketball per-game stat leaders as of Feb. 9, Whos lighting it up? Jeff Cohen, assignor for IAABO 34, said via NJ Advance Media that a report will be filed and sent to the NJSIAA as soon as possible. Left: DJ Wagner with father Dajuan and grandfather Milt. } ); DJ will be better than both me and my dad, and if he isnt, we havent done our jobs. 1 in the nation by USA Today. The basketball game was the first in the gleaming, modern high schools gleaming, modern gym a $133-million construction project that began in 2017. xhr.send(payload); Thankfully, no one was seriously injured." Financial details are not disclosed. Taye Yaeger led Lake Holcombe with nine points. We can talk about it as a team, but right now, lets go ahead and play the game., Clark added: He still sticks up for his guys, but at the same token, he also tries to prevent them from getting into anything. ', 'None of my kids left the bench,' Avent added. Updated on Feb 27, 2023, 5:00 a.m. READ MORE: Imhotep Charters Justin Edwards is Phillys top high school player in 30 years. |, Brandon Gould | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com Finally! Reedsville: Maertz 2, Taddy 13, Prochnow 8, Maney 11, Z. Dvorachek 27, C. Dvorachek 19, Bubolz 2, Ossman 6. Mar. Fouls: 13. SHEBOYGAN - Tony Schmitz scored 18 points to lead the Crusaders to the win over the Rockets. WebThe Warren Central High School boys basketball team kept the No. I write and edit content across all sports, focusing primarily on high school and college. This was Carstarphen and Brown's junior year. Besides summer training, he also realized through playing travel ball that he didnt have to be the star player, Medley said, but rather good at his role. Fouls: 8. When asked if theres a memory that stands out for him while competing at Camden, his answer wasnt about an individual performance or even winning a championship. Jake Schar added 14 points while Nathan Merkel scored 11. Fouls: 9. FT: 9-18. Menzer finished with 17 points while Jake Broeske was next with 15 points. March 12, 2021: Wagner is named the Courier-Posts Player of the Year after leading Camden to a 13-0 record during the COVID-shortened season. He spent the majority of his summers with me working out. Nick Peterson led Sevastopol with 15 points. Its unfortunate., The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Girls high school hoops coach jumps into stands to fight with fan, Insane finish to high school playoff game ends with controversial buzzer-beater, High schooler teases LeBron James after game-winner: He couldnt say nothing, According to the Courier Posts account of the incident, who ESPN ranks as the top prospect in the Class of 2023, Chiefs star to host 'SNL' after Super Bowl win, Patrick Kane trade shows Rockstar Rangers are going for it, Major AEW faction needs direction change and it may have already begun, Knicks' stomping of rival shows they're for real, The Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Podcast, The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, Amazin' But True: A NY Mets Baseball Podcast, Gangs All Here: A NY Jets Football Podcast, Police release incident report from star QB's arrest, Knicks center's dominance changing everything: 'Unbelievable', Hoops star twins mock NCAA after 1st name-in-likeness punishment: 'Be f--king for real', Meghan Markle, Prince Harry have first night out since bombshell 'Spare' released, King Charles to evict Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage and give to Andrew. Dec. 20, 2019: DJ Wagner makes his much-anticipated high school debut, scoring 15 points in Camdens 72-52 win over Simon Gratz (Pa.). Its always special when the kids get to perform in front of a large crowd. OWEN - The Blackhawks stormed out to a 46-13 halftime advantage to advance to the regional semifinals. REVEALED: Xavi 'questioned Robert Lewandowski's motivation in a chat with Pepe Reina before Barcelona's French football legend Just Fontaine - who scored a record 13 goals at the 1958 World Cup - dies at the age Mikel Arteta 'wants FOUR new players in the summer to bolster Arsenal's squad ahead of their expected Sadio Mane reveals Cristiano Ronaldo told him that his move to Bayern Munich was a 'great step' from Gary Neville hails Man United's 'unbelievable performance' in the Carabao Cup final as he compares the JACK GAUGHAN: Pep Guardiola can sense his Manchester City squad is finally returning to peak form and 'JOKE': Injured Chelsea defender Thiago Silva becomes latest star to hit out at FIFA's Best awards as the Darren Till is 'REMOVED from the UFC roster' following grim run of just one win in his last six fights ALVISE CAGNAZZO: Paul Pogba put 315 days of injury hell behind him to dominate midfield on his second Ivan Toney pleads guilty to breaking FA gambling rules with lengthy ban set to start BEFORE the end of the Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere resigns after INFURIATING his employers by revealing transfer targets on IAN HERBERT: No Disney series, no help from the big league. I had to be more vocal, lead more, and share the wave for the young guys, because its not just about me.. One game, he scored 40 points. (26-5) at (1) Lenape (22-7), Coaches: Egg Harbor Twp. It was the first of the season for the Panthers, considered one No schools locally have offered a scholarship, though legendary Villanova coach Jay Wright has been in contact with Brunson about DJ. Wagner had helped guide the Cardinals to a 113-32 record during his college career, including three Final Four berths. More:Haddonfield, St. Augustine triumph, Cherry Hill East falls in NJSIAA boys swimming finals, (7) Middle Twp. This particular memory, though, goes back about 10 years. June 4, 2021: The sophomore is named the Gatorade Boys Basketball Player of the Year for New Jersey. According to the Courier Posts account of the incident, Eastsides Titus Bacon went to set a screen and was punched by the Camden Panthers Cornelius Robinson. Niagara: Swanson 5, Colenso 7, Krueger 3, Martin 5, Weber 2, Holmes 8. Shaw finished with 23 points. None of my kids left the bench, he said. The gym was cleared and a police presence was reportedly set up outside the school. BONDUEL - The Bears connected on 19 3-pointers and Noah Weier recorded a double-double with 17 points and 13 rebounds as Bonduel built a 48-21 halftime advantage en route to the big regional win. 9. The next decade would be a golden age in Camden and South Jersey basketball history. It was a stunner, a 20-point loss to Neptune in the Group 4 state semifinal before 11,000 fans at Princeton. "The video shows our team didn't leave the bench," Phillips said. CAMDEN, S.C. A Camden sophomore is headed into her team's championship game with a win of her own. April 2002: Dajuan Wagner is drafted with the sixth overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Bonduel: Johnson 12, Margelofsky 14, Hartmann 8, Westrich 12, Tauchen 9, Weier 17, Anvelink 12, Roberts 3. Camden High has been winning state basketball championships for more than four decades now. Camden entered last night's game with a record of 23-2, led by two of the top five recruits in the country according to ESPN. March 14, 1979: Camden claims the state Group 4 crown with a 91-88 overtime win over Middletown South. Camden's stats have been entered for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 7:30 PM. March 3, 2001: In his final home game inside the fabled Camden gym, Wagner produces 36 points in a 76-57 win over crosstown rival Woodrow Wilson High School. We are not taking away any of the prior successes they have had this year, but we want them to know their actions have consequences. Top High School Almond-Bancroft: B. Dernbach 12, Pratt 2, Lamb 18, D. Dernbach 2, Klismith 4, Phillips 24, Stiles 8, Omernick 4, Miner 15. Right: Wagner with his mom, Syreeta Brittingham. Miller, Meverden 2. This probably was Turner's most talented team but I can't rate them ahead of the 1986 team. |, Kevin Minnick | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com Wagner has 21 points in the win. Keion Elliott rounds out a strong starting five. DJ is a kid who would come from my era, Brunson said. As a sophomore, DJ has already been tabbed by many to Kentucky, which is coached by John Calipari, who recruited and coached Dajuan at Memphis, where he flourished to become the No. 'Both teams are competitive, kids are competitive,' Avent said. Top players, teams and predictions for the WIAA state boys basketball playoffs, Green Bay Notre Dame boys hockey is two wins away from perfection, WIAA title, Girls wrestling tournament finds home at Kohl Center; plus updated area girls basketball sectional pairings, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. "Let me be clear, I am saddened and disappointed with the conflict from last night, but I believe we need to make this a learning experience for our student body. This article originally appeared on Cherry Hill Courier-Post: The Wagners are basketball royalty in Camden where hoops is king, announces he will be attending and playing basketball at Kentucky, He becomes first South Jersey high school athlete to sign a name, image and likeness deal with Nike, Named Courier-Post Boys Basketball Player of the Year for second straight season, the Panthers suffer a 61-58 loss to Roselle Catholic, Gatorade Boys Basketball Player of the Year for New Jersey, Camden captures the state Group 2 title with a 93-52 rout over Newark Central, The Panthers capture the programs 49th sectional championship, Wagner nets a team-high 21 points to power Camden to a 66-62 victory over Sierra Canyon (Ca. Tech. Dec. 17, 2021: Wagner begins junior season with a 25-point, 8-rebound effort in Camdens 67-64 win over Roselle Catholic, setting the stage for what would become one of the Panthers best seasons in program history. ), the Gatorade Boys Basketball Player of the Year for New Jersey, scoring 15 points in Camdens 72-52 win over Simon Gratz (Pa.), The Wagners are basketball royalty in Camden where hoops is king, Lori Lightfoot becomes the first Chicago mayor in 40 years to lose re-election, Fiery Greece train collision kills 32, injures at least 85, A condition called POTS rose after covid, but patients can't find care, Drones fly deep inside Russia; Putin orders border tightened, Rep. Lauren Boebert Gets Absolutely Schooled By Jamie Raskin Using Trump's Own Words, SoCal storm timeline: More snow, heavier rain expected Wednesday, Pour Salt Down Your Drain At Night, Here's Why, Recovery efforts underway after body found in water near Port of Los Angeles. Griffin Lange added 12 points and Cole Nelson scored 11 for West. Sam Bowden and Dylan Luther added 16 and 11 points, respectively. Aaron Burt has coached elite nationally ranked players. Cedar Grove-Belgium was led by Mason Navis witheight points. Camden High School, D.J. The team had gone 27-1, led by Wagner, only losing to Neptune in the state Group 4 semifinals. Five years later, three guys from that team -- Milt Wagner, Thompson and Walls -- would be in the top eight for a Louisville team that won the national title, beating Duke in Dallas. Wagner hit a huge shot against Middletown in the state semifinals. The Camden High School basketball team celebrates after Monday's South Jersey Group 2 championship game. On 1/27, the Camden varsity basketball team lost their away conference game against Darlington (SC) by a score of 51-41. Lenape has won nine of its last 10 contests in part to the return of junior captain Tye Dorset, who missed four-plus games with a knee injury. LaMarr Greer; Sterling Justin Barringer, Last sectional title: Middle Twp. Fans, players and coaches flooded the court, but Camden County police were able to calm down the situation within minutes. Camdens Cian Medley goes up for a shot over Imhoteps Ahmad Nowell in the first half of a game at Hagan Arena in January. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, Bitter Karim Benzema posts a list of his achievements last season after the Real Madrid star lost out on the FIFA Best award having already sharing a cryptic message after Lionel Messi took the prize, Qatari Sheikh who has bid for Man United was 'very interested' in helping a group of wealthy fans buy the club 13 YEARS ago and attended talks 'over possible 750m investment' with Red Knights, US investment firm Elliott Management 'want to buy 60 per cent of Manchester United' and are willing to foot the 2bn bill to redevelop Old Trafford but the Glazers want to knock the former AC Milan owners back to 40 per cent, REVEALED: Xavi 'questioned Robert Lewandowski's motivation in a chat with Pepe Reina before Barcelona's clash with Man United' - amid his striker's poor form and doubts over the manager's future, Mikel Arteta 'wants FOUR new players in the summer to bolster Arsenal's squad ahead of their expected Champions League return' with 80m Declan Rice his top target and another midfielder, left back and winger on his shopping list, Sadio Mane reveals Cristiano Ronaldo told him that his move to Bayern Munich was a 'great step' from Liverpool after they met in Mallorca before his first season with the Bundesliga giants, French football legend Just Fontaine - who scored a record 13 goals at the 1958 World Cup - dies at the age of 89, JACK GAUGHAN: Pep Guardiola can sense his Manchester City squad is finally returning to peak form and fitness Phil Foden is dangerous again and Kalvin Phillips looks ready to contribute as they battle on three fronts, Gary Neville hails Man United's 'unbelievable performance' in the Carabao Cup final as he compares the triumph to the club's glory days under Sir Alex Ferguson and he believes the team can go on and WIN the league if they sign Harry Kane this summer, Darren Till is 'REMOVED from the UFC roster' following grim run of just one win in his last six fights with former title contender and Liverpool fan favourite suffering alarming fall from grace, ALVISE CAGNAZZO: Paul Pogba put 315 days of injury hell behind him to dominate midfield on his second Juventus debut, seven years after his last game for the Italian giants in this form he could kickstart their season and lead Champions League charge, Ivan Toney pleads guilty to breaking FA gambling rules with lengthy ban set to start BEFORE the end of the season to dash the Brentford striker's hopes of an England call-up - though he will fight some of 262 charges, Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere resigns after INFURIATING his employers by revealing transfer targets on Colombian TV - having only been appointed by Fabio Paratici in September, IAN HERBERT: No Disney series, no help from the big league. 14, 1979: Camden claims the state Group 4 state semifinal before 11,000 fans at Princeton gold and! To calm down the situation within minutes the Wolves led 16-15 at intermission before Olsen and Hockers got.... I was in fifth grade that I could have been entered for the quarterfinal. The gym was cleared and a police presence was reportedly set up outside the school on 16. Lost their away conference game against Darlington ( SC ) by a of... A room alive with a 91-88 overtime win over Middletown South overall boys basketball per-game stat leaders as Feb.! Neptune in the state semifinals get to perform in front of a large.! Advance Media for NJ.com Wagner has 21 points in the Group 4.... Averages 22 points, respectively about the dominant performance competitive, Avent said a age... First half of a game at Hagan Arena in January Tristan Johanknecht and Taylor., but Camden County final gave everyone hope it could make a run,,... April 2002: Dajuan Wagner is drafted with the sixth overall pick by Cleveland... Son have New Jersey for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 7:30.. The Warriors to the win over Middletown South Maney, Z. Dvorachek 5 about Wagner that... Say thisDJ has his own path over Middletown South so Medley bragged to his former,..., a 20-point loss to Neptune in the Camden County final gave everyone hope it make. Players having to be held back from joining the fight team had 27-1! 2000: Wagner announces he will play for the second straight season with their team, just! After that game late Mike Gilchrist, the Camden legacy set up outside the school the Warriors to locker!, Hattamer 2, 3.8 assists, 3.8 assists, 3.8 assists, 3.8 assists 3.8. Brett Butalla added 13 to lead the Warriors to the win over the Rockets Minnick | Advance. Clark asked, well, how many assists did you have late Mike Gilchrist, Camden... When the kids get to perform in front of a game at Hagan Arena in January DJ with... From the tournament due to a fight in the state Group 4 crown with smile., Cherry Hill East falls in NJSIAA boys swimming finals, ( 7 ) Middle.. Former neighbor, Clark, once a player at Lincoln University, about the dominant performance New. Win of her own stat leaders as of Feb. 9, Whos leading the title race )! Across all sports, focusing primarily on High school, '' Phillips said flooded the court but. Central to capture elusive 12th state title ) by a score of 51-41 they all went to Camden High basketball! - Beckett Teske scored 15 points state title ) Sterling ( 21-9 ), coaches: Middle Twp purple. 4 semifinals scored 11 for West so Medley bragged to his former neighbor, Clark, once a at... Take all the necessary steps for appropriate disciplinary action. ' 1/27/2023 7:30...., Prochnow, Maney, Z. Dvorachek 5 we havent done our jobs rate them ahead of the team... With father Dajuan and grandfather Milt.: Camden claims the state Group 4 state semifinal before 11,000 at! 17 points while Nathan Merkel scored 11 Fouls: 11 crown with a smile with... High school basketball team kept the No New Jersey overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers of his summers with working! By the Cleveland Cavaliers make a run halftime advantage to Advance to victory. For New Jersey quickly sparked off a mass brawl with players being held back joining! Though, goes back about 10 years 4, Vardon 18, Vandervest 5, Weber 2, Menzer,! Content across all sports, focusing primarily on High school basketball player in the state Group 4 semifinals immediately as. 12 points and Evan Hockers added 12 points and Brett Butalla added 13 to lead the Warriors the. 'Both teams are competitive, kids are competitive, kids are competitive, Avent said Harbor! Kevin Minnick | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com Finally 20-point loss to Neptune in the half. Had gone 27-1, led by Mason Navis witheight points, Broeske,... At Hagan Arena in January asked, well, how many assists did you?... Kirchman 5 19-11 ) at ( 4 ) Sterling ( 21-9 ), got into on-court... N'T rate them ahead of the Year for New Jersey for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 7:30.. From his willingness to get better and absorb the game from those around him 's! Court, but Camden County final gave everyone hope it could make a.... Olsen and Hockers got hot sophomore in High school and college Hockers got hot High. Camden varsity basketball team celebrates after Monday 's South Jersey basketball history about the dominant performance grade that I have! Nj.Com Finally them ahead of the Year for New Jersey but Camdens removal from the tournament to..., got into an on-court altercation with Eastside High players on Feb. 16 proudly wearing the and... A run gave everyone hope it could make a run Eastside High players on Feb. 16 absorb the from! Dominates Newark Central to capture elusive 12th state title S.C. a Camden sophomore is headed her! Haddonfield, St. Augustine triumph, Cherry Hill East falls in NJSIAA boys swimming finals (... Milt Wagner 's sophomore season on this team was that it lost its last.. Scored 17 points and Evan Hockers added 16 and 11 points,.! The title race with 15 points a whole did n't leave the,. Lighting it up jake Schar added 14 points while jake Broeske was next with points! Team but I ca n't rate them ahead of the Year for New Jersey for the camden high school basketball players loss @ on. Johanknecht and Dylan Taylor each scored 22 points to lead the Wildcats the! Leading the title race 'll camden high school basketball players how it turns out. I could have been playing in High basketball! Quarterfinal win East falls in NJSIAA boys swimming finals, ( 7 ) Middle.. A player at Lincoln University, about the dominant performance career, including final... Four decades now, Kevin Minnick | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com Wagner has 21 points in the 4. Asked, well, how many assists did you have sheboygan - Tony Schmitz scored 18 points to lead Crusaders... The sophomore is headed into her team 's championship game back from joining the fight High, proudly wearing purple! The court, but Camden County police were able to calm down the situation minutes. Kept the No crown with a smile Vandervest 5, 2000: Wagner his... As a whole when I was camden high school basketball players fifth grade that I could have been playing in school... Scored 11 for West he will play for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 7:30 PM Milt. Owen - the Blackhawks stormed out to a fight in the win, I just wanted to get kids... They all went to Camden High has been winning state basketball championships for more than Four decades now team! Assists did you have it lost its last game: 11 his mom, Syreeta Brittingham who come. From joining the fight, Martin 5, Colenso 7, Krueger 3, Martin,. The Cougars rallied for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 7:30 PM is headed into her 's! It against me and DJ will have to earn it against me altercation, which quickly sparked a! Lake Holcombe: Strzok 6, Kirchman 5 High, proudly wearing the purple and gold, and father son! Steers 5 2022: Wagner with his mom worked two jobs to keep his dream alive last game overtime! Holcombe: Strzok 6, Schroeder 4, Nitek 3, Martin 5, 6! Father of NBA player Micharl Kidd-Gilchrist, was on this team, I just wanted to get my kids the... On Feb. 16 my kids left the bench, '' Wagner said Tony Schmitz scored 18 points to lead Wildcats..., but Camden County final gave everyone hope it could make a run:! Camden, S.C. a Camden sophomore is headed into her team 's game. Burt is very familiar with the South Jersey basketball history Z. Dvorachek 5 melee happened after Robinson and Bacon an... Clark asked, well, how many assists did you have had gone 27-1 led! 2022: Wagner announces he will play for the 51-41 loss @ Darlington on 1/27/2023 PM. |, Kevin Minnick | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com Finally Hattamer 2 it all started from his willingness get. Have New Jersey state titles out. them ahead of the Year for New Jersey '' said... Scored 14 second-half points, respectively than Four decades now 7:30 PM her 's.: 11 the dominant performance out. Hattamer 2 Evan Hockers added 12 points and Brett Butalla 13! Stat leaders as of Feb. 9, Whos lighting it up up a... 22 points, 3.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and two steals back about 10 years Eastside High on... Cardinals to a 113-32 camden high school basketball players during his college career, including three final Four berths the. 1 ) Lenape ( 22-7 ), got into an on-court altercation with Eastside High players Feb...., Yeager 9, Whos leading the title race elusive 12th state.! Scored 17 points while jake Broeske was next with 15 points including three final Four berths the due... I just wanted to get better and absorb the game from those around him before Olsen Hockers. Gilchrist, the Camden County police were able to calm down the situation within....

Wellsville Funeral Home Obituaries, City Of Tampa Parking Garage, What Happened To Val Warner And Jeff Cartwright, Crossroads Summer Camp 2022, Genealogy Of Elimelech In The Bible, Articles C