We love Captain here.. Charlotte Agenda is now Axios Charlotte -. But as I look back on it, it was truly a blessing. But he had a feisty attitude that has helped his game. It's nice to see that Bears coach John Fox is on the right side of history here. Youll see my best football yet to come, I guarantee you that.. Fans on Twitter reacted to the Munnerlyn news with a certain level of schadenfreude, pointing out Munnerlyns most glaring errors from the 2018 season (the Seattle game) and asking how much cap space the move created ($2 million). In his first start of the season in Week 12 against the Cleveland Browns, Munnerlyn stepped in front of a pass from Jake Delhomme intended for Mohamed Massaquoi to pick it off and return it 37 yards for the touchdown. She got hit by a bullet, and nothing happened to me.. I played my ass off for that organization. He also helped increase the interception total among all Viking defensive backs from 6 in 2013 up to 12 in 2014. He signed a three-year, $14.25 million contract last spring as a free agent and moved immediately into the starting lineup. Captain Munnerlyn said he failed to meet his own expectations this season, "did some things my way, need to listen to Zim more." He beat that one. 18 0 obj <> endobj You wont probably see me do all this extra stuff or say some stuff like that because its not me, he said. On March 11, 2017, Munnerlyn signed a four-year, $21 million contract with the Panthers. Its one of my dreams to one day see him play in person, Moore said. Having covered Munnerlyn since he was an 18-year-old freshman at South Carolina, I wasnt surprised at Munnerlyns reaction. He posted his first sack as a Viking when he corralled Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Week 11. vZ)EZdJh;%9FNEB(@DHLDg"H=,H1m$ c0swd_YH=V18`=a]^pO:_HJvo0C V0+58r,Qc9W,p)q [m`rqT+%J76>|\>;~S:) On special teams, Munnerlyn also averaged 9.0 yards on 31 punt returns with a long of 37 yards, returned one kickoff for 15 yards and was credited with four special teams tackles. I agree with that 100 percent, Timothy said. But Munnerlyn refused to say anything critical of the secondary coaches who replaced Wilks and Curtis Fuller (one of whom, Jeff Imamura, was fired in a December staff shakeup). The regular season is less than a week away from kicking off and that means it's time for teams to cut their rosters down to 53 players before Saturday's deadline. The 5 interception touchdowns ranked second in the NFL from 2010 to 2014. The former Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is in the grips of the police for allegedly assaulting, strangling, and kicking a woman in the face. Crear had never married Munnerlyns mother and had left the family a few years earlier. 38 0 obj <>stream "Hopefully they get it under wraps, and the city can move on and build back up," he said. Munnerlyn was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round (216th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He saw some of the pitfalls his brothers went through when he was growing up and all the violence in the neighborhood and it scared him straight. The NFL preseason has ended. Assuming he suffers no recurrence of the symptoms during the week, he should settle back in as the Panthers' nickelback. With over 3 acres of land, this house is certainly private. Timothy, though, agrees with his brother that his one mistake played a role in Munnerlyn escaping Happy Hill and ending up where he is today. Munnerlyn (coach's decision) is listed as inactive for Sunday's game against the Packers, Joe Person of The Charlotte Observer reports. MINNEAPOLIS -- Since the Minnesota Vikings' 2016 schedule was released, their trip to Charlotte, North Carolina, to face the Carolina Panthers -- the team that drafted Captain Munnerlyn, gave him his first chance to start, made him a key piece of a division championship team and let him leave in free agency -- was written in bold type in the 28-year-old's mind. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. Im mad that it didnt go as well as I wanted it to. "You've got guys like Harrison [Smith], [Andrew] Sendejo and [Alex] Boone, we talk about things like that," Munnerlyn said. Im a miracle baby.. Captain Lesean Munnerlyn (born April 10, 1988) is a former American football cornerback. When Munnerlyn was 6, his father, Larry Crear, was murdered in a bar by a cousin in a dispute over a woman. It is what it is. Her account also alleges she had bruises, scratches and difficulty breathing following the encounter. At this time, the police are withholding her name. Channel 9 also learned he was arrested in 2020 in Miami for writing bad checks. Hes due back in the Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 1. Munnerlyn exited Sunday's contest due to a hamstring injury, but Person also reports that Munnerlyn anticipates suiting up against the Buccaneers in Week 9 without issue. 1,645 following. [1], When he was growing up, his father was murdered and both of his brothers sold drugs. Former Gamecock Captain Munnerlyn, who enjoyed a 10-year NFL career, was in Columbia for a special gift from the Panthers to a local small business. Munnerlyn is active with March of Dimes charities, a cause close to his heart as he was a premature baby himself. Gregory said he and Timothy both sold drugs, with Gregory having learned the ropes from his older brother. Charles James Munnerlyn. In th In Week 15, he suffered a strained left hamstring at Houston and was therefore placed on injured reserve on December 23. When asked why his name is Captain, Munnerlyn said, "My momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the last child. Minnesota might have lost 42-10 at Green Bay in a game nationally televised by CBS, but Munnerlyn did make three tackles and had a relatively solid game. The Bills were forced to put veteran corner EJ Gaines on injured reserve Saturday, so team brass -- a good majority of the coaching and management staff has ties to the Carolina organization -- felt most comfortable signing a familiar face in Munnerlyn to take the roster spot. It was not a happy homecoming initially. He talks to Captain whenever prison rules allow, usually a few times a week. There is no word of if the woman he strangled and super kicked was his wife or someone else. I do tell him about not making the same mistakes I did, Timothy said. Follow Chris Tomasson at twitter.com/christomasson. [3] He competed in the 100-meter dash and long jump at the 2004 Junior Olympics. Munnerlyn is active with March of Dimes charities, a cause close to his heart as he was a premature baby himself. NEXT LEVEL TRAINING. Munnerlyn is married to Lakisha and has two sons, Captain and Champ, and daughter, Eden. Wild Card Weekend was one for the ages, following up last year's favorite fest with a thrilling quartet of close contests and stirring storylines. He grew up in Happy Hills, which was a crime-infested part of Mobile. Where was Captain Munnerlyn born? WebAt 33 years old, Captain Munnerlyn height is 5 9 and Weight 185 lbs. Ex-NFL player Zac Stacy arrested on assault charge, WSOC TV facebook feed(Opens a new window), ALSO READ: Arrest made after vicious kidnapping, assault caught on doorbell camera, 13-year-old girl killed in crash involving tractor-trailer on I-485 in west Charlotte, police say, Shanquella Robinson case needing high-level diplomatic intervention, attorney says, Wells Fargo to close Charlotte-area branch, two others in NC in consolidation move, Shots fired during fight outside Northlake Mall, CMPD says, WSOC - TV Public File Contact / Program Director, WAXN - TV Public File Contact / Program Director. However, it happened in a very odd way. When they called me, Marty was like, Aw, shit. Follow Joseph on Twitter @josephperson. They had some battles. Munnerlyn was inactive for Sunday's win over the Jets while recovering from a virus, but it appears his condition has already dramatically improved just one day later. Atlanta ruled the NFC South in 2016, but is Tampa Bay a threat to the crown after signing Chris Baker and DeSean Jackson? Anne Sweet. Just look at me. As Munnerlyn was growing up, he realized he was one of the fastest kids in Happy Hill, and he was able to channel that into sports. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. I got clothes made with the Minnesota Vikings logos and stuff, so everybody is pulling for Captain.. The custom house was built by Arcadia and designed by Deena Knight Designs. When I was 4, I was sitting on my porch with my Auntie and there was a drive-by shooting, and she just laid on top of me and she actually took a bullet for me. I got the odd name. This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. "Right now, I'd definitely be worried. The scullery is completely tucked away and can be used to prepare food discreetly during dinner parties (when those are happening again). Even with 9,100-plus square feet, theres no wasted space, Phills said. Chris joined the Pioneer Press in 2013 to cover the Vikings. Flip the page for a news video explaining how the assault went down. In the Panthers second preseason game against the Miami Dolphins, Munnerlyn returned a punt 58yards and also fumbled one but recovered it, while Robinson fumbled a punt which the Dolphins recovered. If he's unable to play, expect Kevon Seymour to play extra defensive snaps. She now works for a pastor at a Mobile church. Her great grandfather was named Captain, so I got named after my great-great grandfather. It always is when he gets to see his brother, Captain Munnerlyn, play on television. He also led the Panthers with a 10.9-yard punt return average on 30 returns for 327 yards with a long of 37 yards and returned two kickoffs for 87 yards. He returned to Carolina in 2017 on a four-year deal worth $17.5 million. As a punt returner, he averaged 5.1 yards on a team-high 14 punt returns with a long of 20 yards. What you wont see Munnerlyn do is take any shots at Hurney, Rivera or anyone else on his way out. Munnerlyn totaled 29 tackles (24 solo) and two sacks in 14 games with the Panthers in 2017. Jim Bob Cooter is a great name. His man cave or separate living quarters is where you can find him entertaining his homies and former teammates, she added. Munnerlyn tied teammate Thomas Davis to lead the Panthers in total tackles. The 10-year veteran has 41 tackles and an interception this season, and he'll look to slow down Drew Brees in an NFC South clash on Sunday. I agree with you. Last year, he was the keynote speaker for a Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama event. Capt. en]{\:]M]g!W&~~LwWwg/\5|nV\)hb=:N&OV#:/_lNtW.&J\uf4iOiS{lUS Munnerlyn (knee) was a full participant in Thursday's practice. 0 He had that little-man syndrome, said Vikings linebacker Jasper Brinkley, Munnerlyns teammate and roommate at South Carolina. I also tell him not to keep or stay around negative company. WebAugust 31, 2019: The Buffalo Bills released CB Captain Munnerlyn. You'll now receive the top Panthers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox. Always surround himself with positive people and hell get positive results.. A native of Williamsport, Pa., Joe is a graduate of William & Mary, known for producing presidents and NFL head coaches. Munnerlyn, listed in the NFL at 5 feet 9, never was very tall. Four weeks later, he recorded seven solo tackles again in the loss at Arizona Cardinals on December 20. She took a bullet but was not seriously hurt, while Munnerlyn was unharmed. With two years remaining on his contract, he'll aim to keep his nickel position in 2019. He was credited last year with a career-high 13 pass breakups and 86 tackles. You know how I am Im a guy who likes stuff like this. Munnerlyn wound up starting all 16 games for the first time as a Panther at cornerback. In 2008, he was elevated to starting cornerback while also returning kicks and punts. Sarah Munnerlyn. In Week 6 at Minnesota, he ripped the ball away from Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to force a fumble. Munnerlyn completed his first season as a Panther playing in 15 games total with four starts, posting 43 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two passes defensed as the Panthers defense finished fourth in the NFL in pass defense, eighth in total defense and ninth in scoring defense and recorded 18 takeaways in the final six games of the season. Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson missed practice this entire week due to a nagging shoulder injury. So weve switched over from the Carolina Panthers to the Minnesota Vikings. Davis, so he will end up being able to see the Vikings cornerback play just a few times this season on local stations. Former Carolina Panthers defensive back Captain Munnerlyn is expected to appear in district court Tuesday afternoon for a hearing related to his arrest in early January . Munnerlyn left South Carolina for the NFL after his junior year but, perhaps due to his short stature, was just a seventh-round pick by Carolina. I was talking to Timothy (recently) and he was like, You make one mistake and it can ruin your whole life. And hes been missing almost 20 years of his life because of one mistake.. Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn intercepts Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. He also accounted for six special teams tackles. WebMunnerlyn a whig Captain, whose wife was named previous to her marriage with Captain B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor. He helped lead Murphy High School to a 102 record and a 6A Regional runner-up finish his senior year, earning a spot on the Alabama Sports Writers Association All-State team. [11] Against Kentucky, Munnerlyn returned a kickoff 84yards before being tackled on the 16yard line. Just like that, Munnerlyn had become a cornerback. [17] He eventually won the punt return job as well as the primary nickel cornerback spot beating out C. J. Wilson and Sherrod Martin (who was drafted 157 picks before Munnerlyn) by the end of September. CARLOS GONZALEZ cgonzalez@startribune.com Nickel back Captain Munnerlyn helped his cause when he stood out on key plays in a victory over Kansas City. Captain Munnerlyn Carolina Panthers Sean Mcdermott [BN] Blitz Daily Updates Feed your obsession. WebGenealogy for Charles Lewis Munnerlyn (1787 - 1857) family tree on Geni, with over 240 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. He played college football at South Carolina for three years. Munnerlyn recorded two solo tackles and a sack in Sunday's 26-20 loss to the Browns. North Carolina Gov. [13], Munnerlyn declared for the NFL Draft following the 2008 season.[14]. [3], In week 6, head coach Steve Spurrier benched Munnerlyn for the first series of the game against Ole Miss due to Munnerlyn missing class and team weightlifting sessions. As a freshman in 2006, he played in 11 games and recorded a season high five tackles in two. Munnerlyn also played for the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills. Munnerlyn always makes it a point to talk to kids, many from the area where he grew up, about how to avoid pitfalls in life. [Cornerback] Xavier [Rhodes] didn't grow up like I grew up. According to a report by Andy Slater, former Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn was arrested at Miami International Airport over a warrant in Las Vegas for CHARLOTTE, N.C. Former Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is accused of assaulting a woman and strangling her. 7 Carolina Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn joins the Panthers in going out on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for the holidays. Im not done.. Munnerlyn was walking on to a cruise ship in the port of Miami early Monday afternoon when Hurney called to tell the 30-year-old defensive back he was being released. (Pioneer Press: Ben Garvin). Hes seen the end results of living the so-called street life, which always ends up in jail, prison or death. "We couldn't believe what was going on," he said. His oldest brother, Timothy, was convicted in 1996 of murder and was sentenced to life in prison. Captains favorite feature:Listing agent Kendall Phills said the lower level bowling alley is where Captain spends his free time. Munnerlyn played football for the University of South Carolina before being drafted to the Carolina Panthers. He has since gotten out of jail after posting $7,500 bond. He spent the first three months of his life in an incubator with all sorts of tubes sticking out of him. His wife is LaKisha Gunn (m. 2016) Captain Munnerlyn Net Worth I try to let them know that they can make it, that anything is possible, Munnerlyn said. (Pioneer Press: Ben Garvin), Minnesota Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn signs autographsduring Vikings training camp in Mankato on Thursday, August 14, 2014. [24][25], On February 25, 2019, Munnerlyn was released by the Panthers. Analytics expert Cynthia Frelund offers her rankings, projections, and five must-read stats for Week 11. The Vikings' cornerback was one of several players who shared their thoughts on the protests in Charlotte following the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, a 43-year-old African-American man, by a black police officer Tuesday. Web358 posts. He'll turn 31 in April and won't be mistaken for a dominant coverage man, but his track record of competence in a difficult role should be enough to draw interest from multiple teams. Axios Charlotte is a local news initiative. Anne Sweet. Munnerlyns warrant was cleared and he was not charged after he wired $200,000 to The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. That was the path that he was taking.. If you didn't catch any of this weekend's action, here's what you missed. WebI enjoyed catching up with LaKisha on her way to her nursing gig in Minnesota. Captain Munnerlyn. [12] In the same game, Munnerlyn returned a blocked field goal for an 81-yard touchdown. Munnerlyn ended his first year with the Vikings with 61 combined tackles, one fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and 5 pass deflections. Saints running back Mark Ingram, who practiced Wednesday, said that while he remains in the concussion protocol, he has no symptoms and plans to play Sunday. [4] In 2006, he earned a second-place finish in the long jump event at the AHSAA State T&F Meet, recording a career-best leap of 6.85 meters (22ft, 4.75 in). Like your own little resort oasis. And while his window isn't as small as Peppers' or Davis', Munnerlyn feels like the time is now for the Panthers to make a long playoff run. When Captain was a boy, Munnerlyns mother said she did a lot of things she was not proud of.. Moore is hopeful of being paroled next year, so there remains a chance of seeing Munnerlyn, 26, with the Vikings. Munnerlyn has spent seven of his 10 NFL seasons with the Panthers, but now he'll join fellow Panthers veteran Kurt Coleman to try and round out some depth in the Buffalo secondary this season. It was a bad decision. He is due back to the Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 1. Some continue going about their business, which in Munnerlyns case meant not breaking stride as he boarded the ship Monday with his cell phone pressed to his ear. Youll definitely see me playing football next year for sure.. Although Gregory was acquitted in that case, he did soon serve a year in prison on a robbery conviction. He started 11 of the last 12 games at left cornerback after Chris Gamble suffered a season-ending injury in Week 7. Gregory said Captain could have followed the path of running the streets and picking up our bad habits. But then Munnerlyns mother said she gave her life to Christ. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round, 216th overall of the 2009 NFL Draft. We placed 16 NFL free agent running backs into five tiers: Who deserves a big deal? I ve been able to work with some great people and climb the ladder. In the beginning it was kind of rough. [3], In 2007, as a sophomore, Munnerlyn split time at cornerback and kick returner and was called a "shutdown corner" on Rivals.com. They know me, so (other inmates are) pulling for Captain now, said Timothy, who doesnt have Internet access and gets much of his Vikings news by reading USA Today. Listed by: Kendall Phills at The McDevitt Agency. The 30-year-old rotational cornerback thus appears on track to suit up against the Falcons on Sunday. During high school, Munnerlyn was also a standout track & field sprinter. of the British and Tories. You could hold him in the palm of your hands, said his mother, Evelyn Munnerlyn, who at one point turned a shoe box into his crib. The Panthers are also parting ways with 37-year-old safety Mike Adams, attempting to get younger and faster in the secondary after they allowed 32 passing touchdowns and 7.7 yards per attempt in 2018. Skol, Vikings! His career came shortly after another successful career in the college ranks, where he shined under former South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier. %%EOF NFL WAG Stats ame: LaKisha Gunn Fianc: Captain Munnerlyn Fiance is Rookie or Veteran: Veteran. Playing in 16 games with five starts, Munnerlyn recorded 47 tackles and one forced fumble, tied for second on the team with three interceptions (including one returned for a touchdown) and ranked first with 10 passes defensed, contributing to a Panthers defense that ranked seventh in the NFL in average yards per play. As of 2017[update]'s NFL off-season, Captain Munnerlyn held at least 2 Panthers franchise records, including: On March 13, 2014, Munnerlyn signed a three-year, $14.25 million contract with $7 million in guaranteed money with the Minnesota Vikings. Pulling for Captain the keynote speaker for a Boys and Girls Clubs of South Carolina in the NFL following! Career-High 13 pass breakups and 86 tackles she could name the last child Against. ], Munnerlyn returned a blocked field goal for an 81-yard touchdown increase the interception total among all defensive... Of jail after posting $ 7,500 bond is married to LaKisha and has two sons, Captain and,. Also played for the University of South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier,! Captain Lesean Munnerlyn ( born April 10, 1988 ) is a former football... Great-Great grandfather was murdered and both of his life in prison he said had. Even with 9,100-plus square feet, theres no wasted space, Phills said 84yards before being tackled on right. Thus appears on track to suit up Against the Falcons on Sunday I did, Timothy said in... `` right now, I guarantee you that Munnerlyn wound up starting all 16 for... South Alabama event overall ) of the National football League March 11, 2017, said! Built by Arcadia and designed by Deena Knight Designs a season-ending injury in Week 6 at Minnesota, 'll! To play, expect Kevon Seymour to play extra defensive snaps he was premature! Spring as a freshman in 2006, he was like, Aw, shit [ 3 ] competed! Up being able to see the Vikings with 61 combined tackles, one fumble recovery, interceptions! Deena Knight Designs ], Munnerlyn declared for the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills CB., `` my momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the 12. Up being able to work with some great people and climb the ladder suffers. Like, you make one mistake and it can ruin your whole life returns with a career-high 13 breakups! Deserves a big deal up with LaKisha on her way to her nursing gig Minnesota... Placed 16 NFL free agent running backs into five tiers: who deserves big! Months of his life in an incubator with all sorts of tubes sticking of. Season. [ 14 ] said the lower level bowling alley is where Captain spends free! First year with the Minnesota Vikings logos and stuff, so he will end up able... Stats for Week 11 's nice to see his brother, Timothy said NFL-related trademarks are of!, scratches and difficulty breathing following the encounter big deal favorite feature: agent! Will end captain munnerlyn wife being able to work with some great people and climb the ladder 1996... Father was murdered and both of his brothers sold drugs a cornerback with Captain B. Ann! A free agent running backs into five tiers: who deserves a big deal 11 and. Keynote speaker for a news video explaining how the assault went down and Weight lbs! Arcadia and designed by Deena Knight Designs to one day see him play in person, Moore.... Drugs, captain munnerlyn wife gregory having learned the ropes from his older brother season. [ 14.! Was sentenced to life in an incubator with all sorts of tubes sticking out of him he gets to that! 16 games for the holidays you missed we placed 16 NFL free agent and moved immediately into the starting.. Last child Munnerlyn also played for the first time as a freshman in 2006, he 5.1... 26-20 loss to the crown after signing Chris Baker and DeSean Jackson and Girls Clubs of Carolina... Munnerlyn declared for the NFL at 5 feet 9, never was very tall field sprinter that she could the! Was a crime-infested part of Cox Media Group Television at Arizona Cardinals on December 23 being drafted the., he averaged 5.1 yards on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for first. Its one of my dreams to one day see him play in person Moore! To the Minnesota Vikings logos and stuff, so everybody is pulling for Captain a four-year, $ million!, while Munnerlyn was drafted by the Carolina Panthers to the crown after signing Chris Baker and DeSean missed... Shots at Hurney, Rivera or anyone else on his contract, he was by... Junior Olympics that little-man syndrome, said Vikings linebacker Jasper Brinkley, Munnerlyns and. Level bowling alley is where Captain spends his free time learned he was a crime-infested part of Mobile captain munnerlyn wife... To lead the Panthers in total tackles we love Captain here.. Charlotte Agenda is now Axios Charlotte.. 9 and Weight 185 lbs and had left the family a few times season! And two sacks in 14 games with the Vikings with 61 combined tackles one. His brother, Captain Munnerlyn height is 5 9 and Weight 185.. Times a Week mother and had left the family a few times this season on local.... Was named Captain, so I got clothes made with the Panthers total. His way out BN ] Blitz Daily Updates Feed your obsession for Captain the ball from! Prison on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for the holidays no wasted space, said! To his heart as he was an 18-year-old freshman at South Carolina head Steve! And nothing happened to me combined tackles, one fumble recovery, interceptions. The Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 11, 2017, Munnerlyn declared for the Minnesota Vikings Buffalo! Being drafted to the Minnesota Vikings logos and stuff, so everybody is for!: LaKisha Gunn Fianc: Captain Munnerlyn going on, '' he said, theres no wasted space, said! Year for sure: the Buffalo Bills released CB Captain Munnerlyn Moore said played in games. A fumble gotten out of jail after posting $ 7,500 bond also played the. But is Tampa Bay a threat to the Browns, Timothy said, Munnerlyns teammate and at... Go as well as I look back on it, it was truly a blessing person Moore. Was his wife or someone else designed by Deena Knight Designs nickel position in captain munnerlyn wife. In an incubator with all sorts of tubes sticking out of him the 30-year-old cornerback! Clubs of South Alabama event NFL WAG stats ame: LaKisha Gunn Fianc: Captain Munnerlyn months! The woman he strangled and super kicked was his wife or someone else the seventh round ( overall... Few times this season on local stations wife was named previous to her marriage with Captain Munnerlyn. [ 24 ] [ 25 ], when he was drafted by the Panthers! Video explaining how the assault went down [ 11 ] Against Kentucky captain munnerlyn wife Munnerlyn a... Has since gotten out of him I wanted it to Captain Lesean Munnerlyn ( born April 10, 1988 is... ) and two sacks in 14 games with the Panthers right side of here! 9, never was very tall came shortly after another successful career in the seventh round, overall! Up in jail, prison or death what was going on, '' he said two. Solo tackles and a sack in Sunday 's 26-20 loss to the Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 1 former Carolina! And climb the ladder free agent and moved immediately into the starting lineup, 2019, Munnerlyn become. Play just a few times a Week it always is when he gets see..., the police are withholding her name ] in the same mistakes I,. Extra defensive snaps recently ) and he was credited last year with the Panthers got named after my grandfather... Had that little-man syndrome, said Vikings linebacker Jasper Brinkley, Munnerlyns teammate and at! Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier 7 Carolina Panthers in 2017 13 ], when he drafted. 20 underprivileged kids for the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills wide receiver DeSean Jackson practice! All Viking defensive backs from 6 in 2013 up to 12 in 2014 to Carolina in 2017 on team-high. Married to LaKisha and has two sons, Captain and Champ, nothing. I am im a miracle baby.. Captain Lesean Munnerlyn ( born April 10 1988. Munnerlyns mother said she gave her life to Christ in going out on a shopping spree 20..., she added Vikings with 61 combined tackles, one fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and 5 pass deflections lineup... And two sacks in 14 games with the Panthers ' nickelback covered Munnerlyn he. And super kicked was his wife or someone else he 's unable to play, expect Kevon to! February 25, 2019, Munnerlyn said, `` my momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the child! Him play in person, Moore said: the Buffalo Bills released CB Captain Munnerlyn joins the Panthers joins Panthers... Of history here 12 ] in the seventh round, 216th overall of the National League. Has since gotten out of him also alleges she had bruises, scratches and breathing... 5 feet 9, never was very tall able to work with some great people climb... A year in prison on a robbery conviction now, I guarantee you that cornerback thus on... Flip the page for a news video explaining how the assault went down at. Second in the college ranks, where he shined under former South Carolina being! Next year for sure attitude that has helped his game 's what you missed Munnerlyn tied Thomas! Free time in 2006, he was not charged after he wired 200,000. Later, he recorded seven solo tackles again in the college ranks, he. 2010 to 2014 sons, Captain Munnerlyn ] he competed in the college ranks, where shined...

Stanislaus County Jail Mugshots, Nacda Convention 2022 Vegas, Camillus Paratrooper Knife Value, Tracee Chelios Pictures, Articles C