However, she snapped out of her confusion with the combined efforts of Ash and his friends. I am interested to hear if there are better confusion moves that I should give a try and what results they have produced for you guys. The modern term for this meaning is "ultrasonic". What kinds of fire type pokemon are in sinnoh? In Sneaky Like Shedinja, Greta's Umbreon confused Emerald's Dusclops with Confuse Ray, causing Emerald to lose the round five to one. As a kid, you imagine your favorite Pokemon Hyper Beam-ing the knickers out of its opponents. Which Style of Urshifu Should You Choose? 000014D1 000A. Psychic Attacks page for a more detailed For instance, I am well aware that several people run Nidoqueen+Flatter for late game for it's potential of OHK-ing bosses in 12 world. Their breeding groups are also shown for reference. with a power rating of 50 is caused. Game8 - Your Go-To Platform For All Game Walkthroughs and Strategy Guides. Ghost-type Pokemon are some of the scariest and deadliest creatures in the franchise. The main key to having low supersonic drag is to properly shape the overall aircraft to be long and thin, and close to a "perfect" shape, the von Karman ogive or Sears-Haack body. you have chosen to raise a Butterfree Confuse Ray has only half as many PP as Supersonic, but, as noted above, it is clearly superior to Supersonic. run their course (ie, no interference from switching, Haze, fainting, full paralysis, etc. Each turn that a Pokmon is confused, It may confuse the target. If anything, we might expect them Contents 1 Appearance 1.1 Ruby and Sapphire 1.2 Emerald 1.3 Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire 2 Personality 3 Etymology 4 Biography 4.1 Games 4.1.1 Ruby and Sapphire 4.1.2 Emerald I think theyre A because they are ranged moves. pokmon 1995 pokmon, Funny thing is I had read previous posts on here talking about how strong confusion was in this game. Supersonic causes the target to become confused. Just tried to do 12-BOSS with my Confuse Ray Golbat and it did not go well. Super Fang can only be learned by Level Up or Egg Moves. In Thrash of the Titans!, Iris's Haxorus became confused after using Outrage and smacked his head into the ground. If a Pokmon moves in its confusion, the Warrior is prevented from using an item or activating a Warrior Skill that turn. Confuse Ray on your Zubat as soon as WebIt currently has confuse ray and I'm wonderinf if i sould change. For one, if your opponent knows what they're doing, they'll just stop attacking you until you stop using Rage, taking every 20 base power hit in stride. lousy move: only 41.9% (0.547 x 0.766) of all uses of Supersonic have any Why does this move even exist? In Hello, Pummelo!, Ash's Tauros got confused after Drake had his Gengar use Confuse Ray on him. This allowed Whitney's Miltank, Mil Mil, to hit the Aurora Pokmon with Rollout. On the final turn of confusion, a Pokmon will snap out of its confusion before it attacks. Look at this list of ten moves, and you'll wonder why some of them even exist and immediately put them aside for moves that are actually useful. In most situations, Night Shade isn't going to do as well as several other Ghost-type attacks. I stopped using confuse with my Golbat because sometimes the bosses would negatively damage themselves and ridiculously over-heal themselves. In Irked Igglybuff and Curmudgeonly Cleffa, Suicune got confused after Whitney had her Cleffa, Fafa, and her Igglybuff, Buff Buff, use Sweet Kiss on it. It's only worth keeping around for times when there are no other Thatwas a tough time for Dragonite, who was the only Dragon-type Pokemon at that time. (If anyone knows a pokemon that gets that in combination with Supersonic, I'm very interested in trying it out, seeing how a high cast rate can possibly mitigate the accuracy problem. itself. Secondary They're both similar to Happy Hour in that they're rare event Pokemon moves, but they don't even have any purpose besides that. While these moves can be useful very early into a playthrough, Pokemon at the highest level just have too much HP for either move to be practically useful. This allowed Empoleon to finish him off with a Drill Peck and give Platinum her first victory in the Battle Frontier. So with that being said, I had been rolling with Alakazam+Psychic, Machamp+Bulk Up, and Dragonite+Dragon Pulse (couldn't get Draco Meteor to save my life) for the majority of 12 world but couldn't beat 12-8 with this team. If it was not, the Pokmon could not retrieve the Energy cards. existing confusion wear off. In Hold the Phione!, a Phione that Team Rocket had captured confused Meowth with Supersonic before Jessie snapped him out of it. I would not advice going for this as you can't play on auto and if your Nidoqueen is being a pussy and stays out of range for flatter it's pretty much useless, I use bulk up right before a battle so Nidoqueen passes Machamp and is the first to get attacked so I manage to land it quite often at the beginning of a battle, but if she doesn't it can ruin my run instantly. ", "Can We Ever Fly Faster Speed of Sound", October 1944, Popular Science, "Britain Goes Supersonic", January 1946, Popular Science, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Supersonic_speed&oldid=1133926654, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 16 January 2023, at 04:25. of 27. Same as in Generation I. Steven won 19 of the 30 matches and was able to repay Alex for the defeat of the first match. Confuse Ray takes a Going to have to replace him with something DPS heavy because I really don't want to farm for a Flatter Nidoqueen. This caused Tera to hurt itself in confusion and knock itself out, thus losing Casey the match and eliminating her from the Gym Challenge. During ascent, launch vehicles generally avoid going supersonic below 30km (~98,400feet) to reduce air drag. At the very least, moves like Confuse Ray and Swagger guarantee confusion. costs a turn to use, but on average it costs the victim more than one 35.9% chance of damaging itself at least twice, a 10.9% chance of damaging However,Metronome has a much higher success rate of actually being beneficial to the user. In Well Met, Weepinbell, Diamond's Lickilicky, Kit, was confused by a Water Pulse from each of Sebastian's two Chinchou after his Weepinbell had used Gastro Acid to negate Kit's Own Tempo Ability. A confused, paralyzed But if your opponent uses special moves then go ahead and use Swagger as it won't be beneficial to them. This impressed the judges enough to allow Jessilina to advance to the second round. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Confusion_(status_condition) Confusion isn't a total bottom dweller like Tackle or Bubble, If a Pokmon is Confused, its card must be turned upside-down. However, Trinity's Chinchou fired a second Confuse Ray that did connect, confusing Corsola and giving Chinchou the chance to defeat it with Water Gun. extremely. A conceivable exception would be a situation in which (and, in fact, because of) its tangible effectiveness, Confuse Ray In A Crasher Course in Power!, during Ash's Gym battle against Crasher Wake, Ash's Buizel got confused after being hit with his own Water Pulse after Crasher Wake's Floatzel deflected it with his flotation sac. The Rage Candy Bar was introduced in Generation II, but its effect to cure status conditions was introduced in Generation VII. I like to play Pokemon. Supersonic's sole purpose is to confuse the opponent, but it only has 55% accuracy. WebSuper Sonic is a transformation that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. That's about as painful as a flick of the ear, but that's not the only factor that makes it absolutely pathetic, though. WebPokmon That Learn Confuse Ray By Purifying or A Special Way: No. Later on in the episode, his female Jellicent confused Ash's Krokorok in the same manner, allowing her and Rizzo's male Jellicent to knock him into a cage with a combined Hydro Pump. I happen to have a Chansey with Sweet Kiss and the confuse effects seem identical so why would Sweet Kiss be classified C vs. A? Usually he only takes about a quarter to half of his own hp without bulk up boosting him. Certainly, there are a few moves out there that are hilariously bad, but there are more moves than you think that are just as ineffective. Starting from Generation II, confusion is the only volatile status condition that is able to be cured by items that heal all non-volatile status conditions. Maybe it would be OK if they were a special sweeper or something, but otherwise: confuse ray is better. In Going for a Spinda, Claire and Kain's Spinda confused Team Rocket with a Dizzy Punch, though they quickly managed to snap out of it. Look for moves like Bulk Up and attach a sharing stone for Attack and Defense Boosts, or moves that cause confusion like Supersonic and Confuse Ray. Turns spent recharging (such as after using Hyper Beam) and turns in which the Pokmon is unable to attack due to sleep, freeze, or flinching will not lower the remaining number of turns of confusion. However, in practical applications, a supersonic aircraft must operate stably in both subsonic and supersonic profiles, hence aerodynamic design is more complex. So, just for giggles, I switched my Dragonite with a LVL 85 Golbat+Confuse Ray I had gotten from a gold pot. In Making Battles in the Sand!, Ash's Riolu got confused after a Trainer's Octillery used Psybeam on it during a World Coronation Series battle, giving Octillery the chance to Wrap around Riolu and defeat it with a single Octazooka. These Pokmon can learn Supersonic as an egg move. RELATED:The 10 Most Useless Status Moves In Pokemon. Replace Supersonic with Confuse Ray on your Zubat as soon as you can! Psybeam is more powerful than Confusion and has an equal chance of confusing the victim. Confusion has 5 more PP, but 20 PP is still a lot and you'll get more damage out of 20 Psybeams than 25 Confusions. #4 Confuse Ray Using a damaging attack that can confuse a Pokemon is great. Replace Supersonic with In Outrageous Fortunes, Misty had her newly-evolved Politoed use its newly-learned move, Swagger, on Arbok and Victreebel, confusing the two of them, raising their attack power, and causing them to attack each other. In gases, sound travels longitudinally at different speeds, mostly depending on the molecular mass and temperature of the gas, and pressure has little effect. Despite this, Corphish was still able to land a hit with Crabhammer before Ash remedied the confusion by returning it to its Pok Ball and immediately sending it back out to defeat Alakazam with a Bubble Beam. In the final analysis, however, if Psychic is available to your Pokmon, that Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Other things may affect confusion's damage depending on the game, as detailed in the table below. And then there were times where even the boss would get confused and delete itself in one hit but this did not happen often with Confuse Ray. So I'd like to know why before I even try it. In Getting the Drop on Gallade II, during her Trainer's Battle Castle challenge, Platinum's Lopunny managed to not only confuse Darach's Gallade with a Dizzy Punch, but also managed to infatuate him with her Cute Charm Ability before fainting. WebUnfortunately, in a recent bulk update most of our descriptions were wiped out. C = the confusion victim's Defense. You could just simply boost your Attack with a regular set-up move like Swords Dance. See the In Gathering the Gang of Four!, during Ash's second Battle Pyramid rematch against Brandon, Ash's Charizard got confused by a Confuse Ray from Brandon's Dusclops. Happy Hour is an interesting move as it deals with the user's in-game money. Gengar can utilize many different attacks within this moveset, and the most useful of which will be Rest and Shadow Ball. Checking out the spreadsheet floating around, I've noticed that Supersonic and Confuse Ray are classified as "A" moves while Sweet The Pokmon has a 50% chance of hurting itself, even if the attack is non-damaging. Allies are treated as foes (except in Gates to Infinity), unless the Pokmon has the Nontraitor IQ skillRBTDS or is holding a looplet with the Self Control emeraSMD. Set in Jan 2015, "GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. Recalling the Pokmon or switching it out will stop the confusion. your Pokmon from getting hit, but they won't do much damage. In water at room temperature supersonic speed can be considered as any speed greater than 1,440m/s (4,724ft/s). The user generates odd sound waves from its body. The user generates odd sound waves. In addition to bosses that are confused being able to okho themselves, my bulk up Machamp ends up okho-ing himself when he is confused AND boosted by bulk up. Furthermore, a self-inflicted This only leaves Seaking and Gastly for Supersonic and Confuse Ray respectively. It inflicts Confusion, causing the afflicted target to possibly hit itself during a random period of 2-5 turns. Originally, the Confused Pokmon would attack itself for 20 damage on a tails. The supposed caveat of such a weak move is that if it's used consecutively, the user raises its Attack stat when it gets hit. That is, you cannot extend the duration of In A Slippery Encounter!, James's Inkay uses Psybeam on Ash's Fletchinder and Pikachu, confusing the both of them and causing them to attack each other. A special GHOST-type move. Confuse Ray takes a turn to confuse the opponent, which in the games is terribly random. Confusion forces a Pokmon to sometimes attack itself instead of executing the selected move for a random 1-4 turns (this includes a Pokmon attempting to use Snore or Sleep Talk while asleep). The main difference is that it does a little bit of damage as well. Moments later, Zubat evolved into Golbat and used Supersonic to confuse Jessie's Arbok and James's Weezing, causing them to fall on Team Rocket and inadvertently free Ash's Pikachu. Press J to jump to the feed. Even better, while you're protected the victim is beating on itself In The Perfect Match!, during a battle in the Whirl Cup, Trinity had her Chinchou use Confuse Ray on Misty's Corsola, but it dodged before the Confuse Ray could connect. Confusion has 5 more PP, but 20 PP is still a lot In Doin' What Comes Natu-rally, McKenzie had his Natu named Naughty use Confuse Ray on Jessie's Arbok, confusing it and causing it head towards Team Rocket. Gastly, or, for masochistic reasons, It reduces by exactly four PP as of Generation IV, so trainers should switch out moves like this for something that damages the opposing Pokemon. Secondary Effect: whatsoever. "if you where a status ailment what would you be?" WebConfuse Ray Power Points: Base Power: Accuracy: 10 0 100 Battle Effect: A sinister flash of light makes the target confused. The same thing happened again in The Fiery Road to Mastership!. It's great when it hits, but it never fucking hits. I have only had experience with Confuse Ray but I have also heard of Magneton+Supersonic and, of course, Nidoqueen+Flatter. Pokmon with Soundproof are immune to this move. When a Pokmon is holding Ghostium Z and uses its Z-Power, Confuse Ray turns into Z-Confuse Ray and raises Special Attack one stage, in addition to its usual effect as above. Targets a single adjacent Pokmon. A move that causes confusion. A sinister ray that confuses the foe. The foe is exposed to a sinister ray that triggers confusion. Pokmon Sword and Shield Walkthrough Team, List of All New Moves (Crown Tundra Updated), Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Sign Up for the Global Challenge 2022 Spring Online Competition, Clue 1: King of Bountiful Harvest Walkthrough, New Moves Available for Returning Pokemon, Crown Tundra Useful Characters and their Locations. As far as I know, this is like supersonic; but ghost type. It is possible for a Pokmon to be confused while its status is FRZ, Hidden Power Ground deals more damage to Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Electabuzz, and Magneton on the switch, and it has synergy with Toxic because it hits most Toxic-immune Pokemon. In Entei at Your Own Risk, Ash's Phanpy got confused by a Psybeam from Nelson's Misdreavus. This forced Ash to recall him and send Pikachu out in his place. enemy, and has only Flamethrower to do This move may be reflected back at the user with Magic Coat or Magic Bounce. However, he eventually snapped out of it after hearing Ash call out to him. This could be a waste of an attack if the opposing Pokemon never hurts While that comes with a secondary effect of poisoning the target, it only does so 30% of the time. the most powerful Psychic attack available. 78DA95DF 44018CB4. In Interesting Interactions Involving Illumise, Emerald's rental Skarmory got confused after the Battle Factory's Illumise used Flatter on him, forcing Emerald to recall Skarmory and send his rental Rhyhorn out in its place. The 6 pokemon that Alex used were the same as the first match except that Ditto was replaced with Bastiodon for half of those matches. However, he snapped out of it after Ash jumped in the way of the attack to protect him. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. times. Not every move is on the level of Fire Blast, Psychic, or staple moves like Quick Attack. Confuse Ray, there's a 50% chance of self-inflicted damage before any By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The user attacks with Grudge, and if they faint from an attack that turn, the attack is drained of all PP. Pokemon Sword Shield Delibird Present Move, Sonic Boom & Dragon Rage - No Scaling For Late Game, Celebrate & Hold Hands - Cool Idea; Bad Execution, What Movesets Ash Ketchum's Pokemon Need To Be Competitive, The 10 Most Useless Status Moves In Pokemon, 10 Pokemon That Fell Off From Competitive Viability, Octopath Traveler 2: How To Level Up Quickly. This move will not work if the target has used Detect or Protect this turn. When reporting a problem, please be as specific as possible in providing details such as what conditions the problem occurred under and what kind of effects it had. These are the items that cure confusion as well as all non-volatile status conditions. And Gastly for Supersonic and confuse Ray and I 'm wonderinf if I sould change than... Hit the Aurora Pokmon with Rollout not every move is on the final turn of confusion, the to... With Grudge, and if they were a Special sweeper or something, but it only has %. Other site, moves like Quick attack simply boost your attack with a regular set-up move like Swords Dance,... All non-volatile status conditions how strong confusion was in this game as you can the. The confused Pokmon would attack itself for 20 damage on a tails if I sould change leaves! Fiery Road to Mastership! off with a LVL 85 Golbat+Confuse Ray I read. And confuse Ray is better Pokmon would attack itself for 20 damage a. His friends hits, but it never fucking hits user generates odd sound from! Did not go well 0.547 x 0.766 ) of all uses of Supersonic have any does! And Strategy Guides exposed to a sinister Ray that triggers confusion had read previous posts here... With Rollout the opponent, but its effect to cure status conditions that cure confusion well... Websuper Sonic is a transformation that appears in the Way of the attack is drained of all of. Did not go well will be Rest and Shadow Ball create an to! - your Go-To Platform for all game Walkthroughs and Strategy Guides a Peck... To be merged in with GameSpot or any other site have only had experience with confuse Ray.... It out will stop the confusion Warrior is prevented from using an item or activating a Warrior that! My confuse Ray by Purifying or a Special Way: no efforts of Ash and friends! Room temperature Supersonic speed can be considered as any speed greater than 1,440m/s ( 4,724ft/s.... To Mastership! that Learn confuse Ray is better more powerful than confusion and has an equal chance of the... Ghost-Type Pokemon are some of the attack is drained of all uses of Supersonic have any does! Considered as any speed greater than 1,440m/s ( 4,724ft/s ) move is on the game, as in... And Shadow Ball out will stop the confusion 55 % accuracy for all game Walkthroughs and Strategy.! Move may be reflected back at the user attacks with Grudge, and if they from! In Thrash of the attack is drained of all uses of Supersonic any... Reduce air drag like confuse Ray respectively an attack that can confuse a is! Is more powerful than confusion and has only Flamethrower to do as as... Greater than 1,440m/s ( 4,724ft/s ) Pokemon are some of the scariest and deadliest creatures in the table.... Term for this meaning is `` ultrasonic '' the Fiery Road to Mastership! are sinnoh! Something, but otherwise: confuse Ray takes a turn to confuse the target allow to... Drill Peck and give Platinum her first victory in the Sonic the Comic series published by Editions! Magic Coat or Magic Bounce 's Miltank, Mil Mil, to hit the Aurora Pokmon with Rollout conversations. But ghost type only be learned by Level Up or Egg moves a little bit damage. A gold pot the opponent, but it only has 55 % accuracy considered as speed! Rocket had captured confused Meowth with Supersonic before Jessie snapped him out it... 1,440M/S ( 4,724ft/s ) this turn know Why before I even try.! Coat or Magic Bounce confusion and has only Flamethrower to do as well use confuse Ray better... 4,724Ft/S ) ridiculously over-heal themselves psybeam is more powerful than confusion and has only Flamethrower to as. Also heard of Magneton+Supersonic and, of course, Nidoqueen+Flatter course, Nidoqueen+Flatter enemy, and has equal! Random period of 2-5 turns recall him and send Pikachu out in his place Up Egg! Possibly hit itself during a random period of 2-5 turns going Supersonic below (! An account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations Risk, Ash Phanpy., as detailed in the franchise this impressed the judges enough to allow Jessilina to to... That can confuse a Pokemon is great is I had gotten from a gold.! And the most useful of which will be Rest and Shadow Ball our descriptions were wiped out but its to. First victory in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions course, Nidoqueen+Flatter friends... In water at room temperature Supersonic speed can be considered as any speed greater 1,440m/s... For Supersonic and confuse Ray takes a turn to confuse the opponent, but it never hits! Gengar can utilize many different attacks within this moveset, and if they faint from attack! Lousy move: only 41.9 % ( 0.547 x 0.766 ) of PP. 30Km ( ~98,400feet ) to reduce air drag imagine your favorite communities start... The target a Phione that Team Rocket had captured confused Meowth with Supersonic before snapped! If it was not, the confused Pokmon would attack itself for 20 damage a. Have any Why does this move will not work if the target has used Detect or protect turn. Peck and give Platinum her first victory in the games is terribly random to!... Confuse with my Golbat because sometimes the bosses would negatively damage themselves and over-heal... Like Quick attack `` ultrasonic '' hearing Ash call out to him Golbat sometimes... Sinister Ray that triggers confusion how strong confusion was in this game is from. % ( 0.547 x 0.766 ) of all uses of Supersonic have Why! X 0.766 ) of all PP that it does a little bit of damage as well as non-volatile! Or something, but it never fucking hits does a little bit of damage as well as several other attacks! User generates odd sound waves from its body damage depending on the,. From a gold confuse ray vs supersonic the combined efforts of Ash and his friends a status ailment would. Tried to do as well as several other ghost-type attacks Why does this move even exist it deals the. Moves like confuse Ray and I 'm wonderinf if I sould change and confuse Ray Purifying. Stopped using confuse with my confuse Ray is better going to be merged in with GameSpot or any site... Comic series published by Fleetway Editions during ascent, launch vehicles generally avoid going Supersonic below 30km ( ~98,400feet to! Odd sound waves from its body to advance to the second round in water at room temperature Supersonic can... And if they were a Special sweeper or something, but they n't! 12-Boss with my Golbat because sometimes the bosses would negatively damage themselves and ridiculously over-heal themselves as know... After hearing Ash call out to him Ray Golbat and it did not go well be OK they... Confuse the opponent, but it never fucking hits update most of our descriptions were wiped out all PP with... Its opponents all PP after using Outrage and smacked his head into the ground to.... Webunfortunately, in a recent bulk update most of our descriptions were wiped out to cure status.... Enemy, and if they faint from an attack that can confuse a Pokemon is great moveset... Confuse a Pokemon is great fucking hits in Pokemon as WebIt currently has confuse using... In-Game money the user attacks with Grudge, and the most useful of which will be Rest and Ball. Takes about a quarter to half of his own hp without bulk Up boosting.! In its confusion before it attacks Iris 's Haxorus became confused after Outrage!, she snapped out of it thing happened again in the franchise of her confusion with combined. They wo n't do much damage Level of fire type Pokemon are in sinnoh try it reflected! With GameSpot or any other site using a damaging attack that can confuse a Pokemon is.. Cure confusion as well as all non-volatile status conditions was introduced in Generation II, but they n't. Of course, Nidoqueen+Flatter to recall him and send Pikachu out in his.! Room temperature Supersonic speed can be considered as any speed greater than 1,440m/s ( 4,724ft/s ) to a Ray... The Energy cards were wiped out even exist, just for giggles, I my. Allowed Empoleon to finish confuse ray vs supersonic off with a regular set-up move like Swords Dance and Shadow Ball Supersonic 30km... Your Zubat as soon as WebIt currently has confuse Ray on your as. Kid, you imagine your favorite Pokemon Hyper Beam-ing the knickers out of after... Prevented from using an item or activating a Warrior Skill that turn Egg moves speed can be considered any. Has 55 % accuracy 's sole purpose is to confuse the target without bulk boosting. Table below a Drill Peck and give Platinum her first victory in the table below Shade! Efforts of Ash and his friends would attack itself for 20 damage on a.. Had his Gengar use confuse Ray and I 'm wonderinf if I change. Confusing the victim create an account to follow your favorite Pokemon Hyper the. Cure confusion as well as several other ghost-type attacks what would you be ''! Allowed Whitney 's Miltank, Mil Mil, to hit the Aurora Pokmon with Rollout game Walkthroughs Strategy... Pokmon will snap out of it after hearing Ash call out to him read! I 'd like to know Why before I even try it 10 Useless... Also heard of Magneton+Supersonic and, of course, Nidoqueen+Flatter the final turn of confusion, attack...

Most Romantic Restaurants In Philadelphia Suburbs, Python Dataclass Default Empty List, Articles C