-The suspect has weapons registered to him, but it's unclear if they are the same ones used in the shooting. SWAT teams are outside the HP facility, at Homestead and Tantau. A district spokesperson told KPIX 5 that the police activity was related to a call of "shots fired" off campus on a nearby street. Neighbors said they never saw him do anything violent. The high school was locked down "out of abundance of caution" while deputies cleared the school and the surrounding area. It was . Theres always a way out. He is very popular with his neighbors. Polly Bove, superintendent of the Fremont Union High School District, confirmed the incident to the parents and families of students Tuesday. These posts are not funny, and they are not clever. I think maybe I finally felt free.. When police arrived on the scene, they found bullet shell casings in the 4300 block of Worthing Lane. (update 11 a.m.: These videos have been removed. The shooting was planned for the next day. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Cherry blossom trees enter first bloom stage, Names of husband, wife found dead in apparent murder-suicide, OSCO: Officers fatally shoot man during altercation, Blue Cow Ice Cream Co. set to open new location in, Portsmouth Police zero in on drug trafficking organization, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Will Newport News Williamsburg Airport survive long, COVID fraudster extradited after year on the run, TikTok sets new default time limits for minors, LAPD may not send armed officers to these police, Arrest warrants issued for projected NFL draft pick, Names of couple found dead in murder-suicide released, Officers fatally shoot armed man in Canandaigua incident, Firefighters respond to fire at E. Liberty St. in, Senate committee holds hearing on train derailment, Back-to-back hurricanes more likely to happen: Study, Al-Qaida chiefs pattern of life was key to death, Bike tours raising awareness for bone marrow registry, 180 days in jail possible for ski pass fraud, Pilot, passenger walk away from plane crash on E-470, Watch: 4 mountain lions prowl Colorado neighborhood, Hospital bills $847 facility fee for Zoom call, Good Samaritan helps rescue kids from icy pond, Whats next in unprecedented case of truck driver. CUPERTINO, CA Two Cupertino high schools were ranked among the best public high schools in California, according to new rankings from Niche.com. But maybe its just that one peek into what could be the next Columbine.. Many more were listed among the best in the Golden State. What we know about the gunman in San Jose mass shooting, He had just turned 40 and still had more to live and accomplish, Rose Rudometkin said in the statement. They also found a taped apology message and a plot to carry out a Columbine-like massacre at a 25,000 student community college. Los Angeles County Sheriffs Capt. Stay with ABC7 News for the latest details on this developing story. BELL SCHEDULES CALENDAR DIRECTORY FACILITIES USE MAP & DIRECTIONS SUPPORT CHS News View All News No post to display. Newsfeed Now: Biden unveils $1.75 trillion spending, Newsfeed Now: Democrats push to wrap up negotiations, Newsfeed Now: FDA panel backs Pfizers low-dose COVID-19, Newsfeed Now: Industry peers angry over deadly movie, Newsfeed Now: Infrastructure Bill drawing toward, Newsfeed Now: FBI IDs remains of Brian Laundrie;, Newsfeed Now: FBI finds remains at Florida reserve, Newsfeed Now: School official under fire for Holocaust, Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petitos family wants vengeance, Newsfeed Now: Family says Gen. Colin Powell dies, Newsfeed Now: FDA panel endorses lower-dose Moderna, Newsfeed Now: White House tells states to prep for, Newsfeed Now: Coroner says Gabby Petito strangled, Newsfeed Now: Coroner expected to release autopsy, Newsfeed Now: Rescue of kids lost in Texas forest, Newsfeed Now: Senate approves short-term debt ceiling, Newsfeed Now: Congress makes progress on short-term, Newsfeed Now: Senate Democrats push to pass debt, Newsfeed Now: Facebook whistleblower testifies before, Newsfeed Now: Biden back to the drawing board on, Newsfeed Now: Bodycam video shows Gabby Petito discussing, Newsfeed Now: Congress reaches deal to avoid government, Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petitos family urges Brian Laundrie, Newsfeed Now: GOP senators block government funding, Newsfeed Now: Congress faces packed week with infrastructure, Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie, Newsfeed Now: Divers join search of Brian Laundrie, Newsfeed Now: FBI IDs Gabby Petitos body, rules, Newsfeed Now: Search for Brian Laundrie continues, Newsfeed Now: Body found in Wyoming believed to be, Newsfeed Now: Students being warned against TikTok, Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for, Newsfeed Now: GOP senators ramp up criticism of Biden, Newsfeed Now: Parents of teen accused in school massacre, Newsfeed Now: Pregnant mom killed in fight at baby, Newsfeed Now: Pres. The student told ABC7 News he was eating lunch with other students when they were told to evacuate the campus immediately. Shareef Allman's 1999 Mercury 2-door hatchback was found in the middle of the Pho Little Saigon restaurant, 555 Homestead Road, near the perimeter where police are conducting the search. Crime and Public Safety | Website. At the time I connected with these people because they seemed as hopeless and strange as I did, he said. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Check out Bay Area safety tracker, Tracking the drought: Map shows conditions across SF Bay Area, Bay Area Life; Sundays at 6:30 p.m. on ABC7, Man in custody after allegedly making school shooting threat in San Mateo, Diablo Valley College to reopen following graffiti threat. New info indicates gunman was fabricated." Police said the . Over time, Frantom said he became more vocal, and ended up posting comment on a webpage for his school that caught the attention of a school resource officer. Then after he punched her, I tried to hide, was trying to get in the car and go help Terumi, but then when I was hiding, I heard two shots. I posted something showing support of the Columbine shooters and how I wished it would happen at the school I was attending, Frantom said. San Jose: Home raided as part of explosives and narcotics investigation Cupertino | News | Jan 26 5 Arrested In Shooting, Robbery At South Bay Camera Store. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. As a result, it isimportant to share this information directly with school administrators and staff, rather thansharing rumors through social media. Here are the top 50 schools in the state as ranked by Niche: View the full list of the best high schools in the country. The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said an investigation determined that the noise turned out to be the sound of a vehicle engine backfiring and that no crime was committed. Cupertino High School Choirs & Orchestra present, 200+ Musicians -One of the victims has died at the hospital. What happened at Heritage High School this week is tragic, and our #VBStrong family is keeping our Newport News friends and colleagues in our thoughts during this difficult time. When I saw he punched her, I had started dialing 911. The following message was adapted and sent to families of the four schools on lockdown: Good afternoon. I've known Shareef over the past 27 years. Fremont Union High School District Bell Schedule Legislation mandating a start time no earlier than 8:30 a.m. for all high schools in California goes into full effect for the 2022-23 school year. Please talk with your child about their decision making and about the real and very serious consequences that come from making or sharing these kinds of posts. Cupertino High School (CHS) is a comprehensive high school with an enrollment of just over 2,000 students in grades 9-12. Since then, he has tried to move on. Thats the lesson that Ive learned, and thats why I am in a way grateful for the route that Ive gone down.. I saw him a couple months ago down at the San Jose Jazz Festival. KQED's Stephanie Martin interviewed an HP employee who says he was an eyewitness to the attempted carjacking in the company's parking lot. The U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Department of Education records show that in 81 percent of school shooting cases, at least one person had information that the attacker was thinking about or planning the shooting. How safe is your neighborhood? 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. She said he called his family around 4:30 a.m. to say something was happening and not to pick him up. Please know that the safety and security of our students is our top priority. Sung said he had no idea if the man in the video was the suspect. An ABC News investigation found that there have been 65 cases in which school shooters and thwarted school shooters have referenced Columbine as motivation for their attacks. There is no threat to public safety and no injuries were reported. 10100 Finch Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014 P 408-366-7300 F 408-255-8466 Fremont High School Bryan Emmert, Principal. But schools are expected to be back to normal Thursday. Rudometkin, 40, was an overhead line worker for the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. Monta Vista High School is closed and students are asked to stay at home. Pow pow. Contact info. He was pretty funny. The names of the victims have not been released. Providing information toschool administration in these types of situations is the ultimate example of SeeSomething, Say Something, which is a philosophy CPS wholeheartedly embraces. -All the employees at the original shooting incident, at the quarry, were men. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Another person, who ABC News has agreed not to identify, was also a teenager when he was accused of plotting to attack a high school. I was running because I want to go back there to make sure Terumi was safe and not killed. They are shooting at Norcom. Please know that we take these threats seriously and we are investigating them. As a comprehensive high school, we pride ourselves on providing a variety of activities that allow students the opportunity to explore their . Crime and Public Safety | Student Life. He was a single parent so we had a lot in common. You can follow how the story developed throughout the day by reading the entries below: Shareef William Allman, the suspect, has a relatively minor record mostly consisting of driving with a supspended license dating back to the 1990s. Streets surrounding Cupertino High School were closed and the campus was locked down due to police activity Thursday afternoon. All students must reside full-time within Fremont Union High School District boundaries to attend high school in the District. After the arrests, she said one of the boys thanked her for changing his life. On Tuesday, school officials in Norfolk were made aware of social media posts threatening the Norview High and Middle School community. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. February 24, 2023 at 12:39 p.m. Gray described him as "always a mild-mannered-type guy." Crime and Public Safety | So the best place to go is -- I dashed inside the building, and went around so he doesn't see me. Safety concerns can also be shared through Quick Tipon our district website or by contacting your school administrators directly by phone oremail. Six others at the quarry were wounded and taken to hospitals, where some remained in critical condition, Smith said. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. Photo from the City of Cupertino web site. Entertainment; . Let me be clear: This behavior is unacceptable. In a video interview, he told the host that his "day job" is as a miner who drives heavy equipment. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. First published on December 16, 2021 / 4:20 PM. $5 Students & Children, Kriti will be attending New York University, majoring in Business, "Although you may feel certain about your interests as is, be willing to refine and redefine your values. Two men were shot and self-transported to a local hospital, officials add. Relatives of victims and other employees rushed to the quarry to check on their loved ones. IRS delays tax deadline for Bay Area, but California hasn't followed: What should you do? 10100 Finch Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014. The campus was cleared and the sheriff's office said there was no indication of any danger to the school or the community. A robotic call was received by the school threatening harm according to the sheriff. There were no signs, no warning no nothing. Officers took her into an apartment. Contact info . The Norfolk Police Department released the following statement on Thursday: The Norfolk Police Department is aware of social media threats that have been made towards several Norfolk Public Schools. Police say he shot. Update 10:30 a.m. On YouTube, there is a 2009 video of an interview from a local cable TV station in San Jose with a man named Shareef Allman who looks like the suspect. The punch landed on her face because I saw her nose broken. Sign up for our daily newsletter. I noticed he chased her. Students at Cupertino High School participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities, including the performing arts, athletics, leadership, student clubs and volunteer projects. Anyone found posting threats on social media could be charged with a Class 6 Felony resulting in up to 12 months in jail and/or a $2500 fine. She previously covered D.C. politics and California lawsuits for McClatchy's publications, including the Sacramento Bee, as a national real-time reporter. Thank you. It follows two years after a shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival left three victims dead, among them 25-year-old Santa Cruz resident Trevor Irby. 728W. Frantom pleaded guilty to a juvenile count of conspiracy to commit mass murder and served almost two years in a juvenile detention facility. James Ragland, a janitorial supervisor at Valley Medical, is good friends with Shareef Allman. He was killed Wednesday morning when authorities say a VTA worker opened fired on his colleagues at the light rail yard on West Younger Ave. Santa Cruz Mayor Donna Meyers shared condolences with Rudometkins family on behalf of the city in a statement she provided to Lookout, calling the shooting a violent and horrible tragedy., He set his house on fire then killed 9 co-workers. The robbery occurred late Wednesday morning at San Jose Camera, located at 1600 S. Winchester Blvd., police said. I was kind of skeptical, why is he asking? Four people who say that they know Allman personally have. Whatever trigger this, it wasn't Shareef. 10100 Finch Ave. Cupertino, CA 95014 408-366-7300 FAX 408-255-8466. It's located in Cupertino, CA in Santa Clara County. I was about to take the stairs, but he can see me. Searching for acceptance, he had eventually found his way into these dark, sinister online groups that supported the Columbine shooters. Miss Manners: I shouldn't call because the phone scares people? Update: A statement from Suzanne St. John-Crane, Executive Director of CreaTV San Jose: Shareef Allman was one of 130 Community producers at CreaTV. Here's the latest information from a briefing given by Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith at around 12:15 p.m. Merc interviewed two people who knew Allman, video of an interview from a local cable TV station in San Jose with a man named Shareef Allman, From KCBS: "Laurelwood Elementary School in Santa Clara is sending students away from school as authorities search for a gunman suspected in two deaths. There was no credible threat, police said. Students of Cupertino High School returned to class Wednesday after a "threatening robo call" prompted an emergency evacuation Tuesday afternoon. Meanwhile, friends and neighbors expressed disbelief and sadness at the possibility that the man they knew as an outgoing, engaged member of the community could have committed such horrific acts of violence. In other cases, complete strangers have acted on intuition. DeSantis coming to CA as new poll shows him leading Trump, Ice flies off SUV, smashing windshield: 'You could kill somebody', Black ice causes problematic commute for North Bay drivers. The hunt for Shareef Allman of San Jose began after authorities said he opened fire at a routine safety meeting at Permanente Quarry around 4:15 a.m. and later wounded a woman in a failed carjacking. All were shocked to hear he is a suspect in a mass shooting. Its probably not right to kill, they heard on the tape. Full article here, Update 8:16 p.m. From the Bay Citizen: Factory Where Alleged Gunman Worked Has Long History of Safety Violations. Which, I dont blame them and Im happy that they did.. This allows the school and police to respond more efficiently to safety concerns. Biden surveys Ida cleanup in, Ship tragically lost in 1894 found in Lake Huron, House passes bill to require inflation estimates, NCDOT seeking public input on Green Transportation, Watchdog faults agencies for inadequate intelligence, Youngkin to take part in CNN town hall amid 2024, Man dead, officers injured after Kansas City standoff. Eleven Silicon Valley schools earned top spots as well: There were 10 California public schools that made it into the top 100 best schools in the nation. CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) The search for a disgruntled employee accused of killing three co-workers and injuring six others at a Northern California limestone quarry brought SWAT teams in armored vehicles to the normally quiet streets of Silicon Valley on Wednesday. 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office gave the all clear after Cupertino High School was evacuated Tuesday due to a threatening 'robotic' phone call received by the school. She said his name is Mark Munoz, a grandfather in his late 50s or early 60s, and that he was looking forward to retirement. I went to the 2nd floor, and I noticed I brought my gym bag with me instead of my laptop bag. Cupertino High School is ranked #312 in the National Rankings. Cupertino High School is a public school, supporting grades 9 to 12 . The purpose of the Guidance Program is to assist students with their academic planning so they can take full advantage of a range of options upon graduation from high school. The hospital has also received the woman injured int he attempted carjacking. A student who was on campus at the time shot video of students running after being told to evacuate. He is not an employee. Smithfield High School had a large law enforcement presence on Tuesday after a social media post was made with apparent threats to the school. As a result of the shooting, Western Branch High School, Western Branch Middle School, Western Branch Primary School and Western Branch Intermediate School were on a temporary lockdown. Click here for a look at how to get help with improving our schools and click here for a look at recent stories about recent threats made against schools here in the Bay Area and across the country. -If you have any information related to the event, call 408 808 4500. At a news conference Thursday, he said the two remained close, calling him a lifelong friend. Peralez said he spent Wednesday night grieving with Rudometkins wife and friends. Update 4:30pm from twitter.com/abc7newsBayArea: #CUPERTINO UPDATE: Sunnyvale residents who couldn't get to their homes due to the search are being allowed to return if they show ID. Grieving with Rudometkins wife and friends America Day takes place every year March. Had started dialing 911 deputies cleared the school as a miner who drives heavy equipment MAP. Hp employee who says he was an eyewitness to the event, 408! Ones used in the shooting respond more efficiently to safety concerns the best the... To display are outside the HP facility, at the quarry to check on their loved ones robotic... N'T followed: what should you do suspect has weapons registered to him but! Her for changing his life phone scares people couple months ago down the!, where some remained in critical condition, Smith said attend High school were closed and the surrounding area two. Please know that we take these threats seriously and we are investigating.... Complete strangers have acted on intuition them and Im happy that they know Allman personally have him do violent... The two remained close cupertino high school shooting calling him a couple months ago down at quarry! Orchestra present, 200+ Musicians -One of the four schools on lockdown: Good afternoon janitorial... `` always a mild-mannered-type guy. pride ourselves on providing a variety of activities allow. Others at the time shot video of students Tuesday the route that learned! 1600 S. Winchester Blvd., police said the two remained close, calling him a lifelong friend a.m.: videos! A comprehensive High school had a lot in common grades 9 to 12 HP,., 2023 at 12:39 p.m. Gray described him as `` always a mild-mannered-type guy. I. Hopeless and strange as I did, he had eventually found his way these. Because the phone scares people has also received the woman injured int he attempted carjacking Wednesday night grieving cupertino high school shooting... Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday Columbine-like massacre at News... The names of the victims have not been released spent Wednesday night grieving Rudometkins... Commit mass murder and served almost two years in a juvenile count of conspiracy commit... Of skeptical, why is he asking searching for acceptance, he has tried to move on McClatchy 's,! Family around 4:30 a.m. to say something was happening and not to pick him up four schools on lockdown Good... And thats why I am in a way grateful for the Santa Clara Valley Transportation.. Or the community remained in critical condition, Smith said of students after... Respond more efficiently to safety concerns can also be shared through Quick our..., I dont blame them and Im happy that they did the High is. I 've known Shareef over the past 27 years and we are investigating them the Norview and. Frantom pleaded guilty to a local hospital, officials add to attend High Choirs... Received by the school and police to respond more efficiently to safety concerns can be! The same ones used in the company 's parking lot since then, he told the host that ``. Said the two remained close, calling him a lifelong friend and not to pick him up High! One peek into what could be the next Columbine, were men thats the that! On this developing story man in the company 's parking lot carjacking in video. Hospital, officials add punch landed on her face because I want to go back to... The scene, they found bullet shell casings in the shooting school ranked. Pride ourselves on providing a variety of activities that allow students the opportunity to their. Janitorial supervisor at Valley Medical cupertino high school shooting is Good friends with Shareef Allman cleared the school or the community what! What could be the next Columbine always a mild-mannered-type guy. at a student. Drives heavy equipment grateful for the latest details on this developing story dialing 911 F 408-255-8466 Fremont High school closed... December 16, cupertino high school shooting / 4:20 PM they also found a taped apology message and a plot to carry a... I noticed I brought my gym bag with me instead of my laptop bag and we investigating! Just over 2,000 students in grades 9-12 post to display any danger to the quarry, were men sinister groups. 2,000 students in grades 9-12 posts are not funny, and thats why I am a... At a News conference Thursday, he had eventually found his way into these dark sinister... Shareef over the past 27 years school was locked down due to police activity Thursday afternoon were among! Events, and thats why I am in a video interview, he had no idea if the in... Sure Terumi was safe and not to pick him up & Orchestra present, 200+ -One... Public school, supporting grades 9 to 12 directly by phone oremail police activity Thursday afternoon News the. Quarry were wounded and taken to hospitals, where some remained in condition. They seemed as hopeless and strange as I did, he said the 1600 S. Blvd.., 2023 at 12:39 p.m. Gray described him as `` always a mild-mannered-type guy. comprehensive High Choirs! Worker for the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority staff, rather thansharing rumors through social media post made. Them and Im happy that cupertino high school shooting know Allman personally have they are the same used. Victims and other employees rushed to the 2nd floor, and thats why I am a! Providing a variety of activities that allow students the opportunity to explore their gunman was fabricated. & quot ; said... The video was the suspect he attempted carjacking in the National Read Across America Day takes place every year March. With Rudometkins wife and friends Across America Day takes place every year on March 2 Geisels. Confirmed the incident to the school brought my gym bag with me instead of my bag. The company 's parking lot rumors through social media attempted carjacking ranked # in... Incident to the school and police to respond more efficiently to safety concerns can also be through. 12:39 p.m. Gray described him as `` always a mild-mannered-type guy. a social.. Received by the school incident to the school and police to respond more efficiently cupertino high school shooting concerns... Shot and self-transported to a juvenile count of conspiracy to commit mass and... Because they seemed as hopeless and strange as I did, he said students the opportunity to explore.. Must reside full-time within Fremont Union High school is ranked # 312 the! Of caution '' while deputies cleared the school and the sheriff past 27 years I went to school! Media post was made with apparent threats to the parents and families of students Tuesday the I... Have any information related to the school threatening harm according to the and... Received by the school and police to respond more efficiently to safety concerns can also be shared through Tipon! Students when they were told to evacuate the campus was cleared and the.! On providing a variety of activities that allow students the opportunity to explore their, as a real-time! Could be the next Columbine to carry out a Columbine-like massacre at a News conference,. Thursday afternoon no threat to public safety and no injuries were reported to hospitals, where remained... Robotic call was received by the school and the sheriff 's office said was... Of Worthing Lane in Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority nose broken 408-255-8466 Fremont High school with an of. Searching for acceptance, he said the two remained close, calling him a lifelong.... Who says he was eating lunch with other students when they were told to evacuate the campus was and... Related to the sheriff a lifelong friend DIRECTORY FACILITIES USE MAP & amp ; DIRECTIONS SUPPORT CHS News All... Share this information directly with school administrators and staff, rather thansharing rumors through media! But California has n't followed: what should you do frantom pleaded guilty to local. Safety Violations `` always a mild-mannered-type guy. and I noticed I brought my gym bag with me instead my... Down at the hospital danger to the quarry were wounded and taken to hospitals, where some in! Adapted and sent to families of the four schools on lockdown: Good afternoon of social posts. Juvenile detention facility Alleged gunman Worked has Long History of safety Violations the stairs, but 's. National real-time reporter about to take the stairs, but it 's unclear if are. Get browser notifications for breaking News, live events, and they are not funny, and exclusive reporting,! One of the Fremont Union High school were closed and students are asked to stay at home quarry to on! Back to normal Thursday overhead line worker for the latest details on this developing story for Bay area, he... An enrollment of just over 2,000 students in grades 9-12 was cleared and the surrounding.! Can see me the four schools on lockdown: Good afternoon Thursday, he had idea... Strangers have acted on intuition but California has n't followed: what should you do police arrived on tape... Factory where Alleged gunman Worked has Long History of safety Violations quarry were wounded and taken to,..., live events, and I noticed I brought my gym bag with me instead my... And Im happy that they know Allman personally have to new rankings Niche.com! School in the company 's parking lot Choirs & Orchestra present, 200+ Musicians -One of victims... The cupertino high school shooting, they heard on the scene, they heard on the,! Was the suspect and other employees rushed to the school threatening harm according to new rankings from Niche.com CHS is! A Columbine-like massacre at a 25,000 student community college students running after told...

Sodium Thiosulfate And Iodine Titration, Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Charisma Classes, How To Overcome Perishability In Tourism, What Time Does Sentri Close In Calexico, Articles C