What sports does Dallas International School offer? The people here are simply wonderful! Welcome to Dallas International School, a one-of-a-kind institution with over 700 students and families from 50 different countries. DIS has been educating future global citizens for Both programs are rigorous, worldwide pre-university courses that meet the needs of highly motivated high school students. WebSee a PDF version of the 2022-2023 academic year calendar plus future calendars here. Dallas International School is the only private school in DFW to offer a bilingual education from grades pre-K2 through 12. The directors of admissions of the French American Schools across North America were in attendance. They've been going to DIS since preschool and after 12 years this is so far the result. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Schools that create a positive culture help all students thrive. Ahlbergs own two children are in CP and CM1, respectively, and they share the same enthusiasm for the school as their mother does. 1998-2023 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. Interview requirements for admission to the school. There is a verity of choices for eating!!! Prospective students and families, we invite you to discover what makes Dallas International School unique. I am about to complete my 11th year at DIS. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Teachers. Dallas International School follows the French national academic curriculum and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills guidelines in primary and middle school. Ahlbergs deep connection with the cultural mission of the school has helped propel her to new heights in her career. At DIS she graduated with a Bilingual International Baccalaureate and had spent 15 years at the Dallas International School. You'll regret it. The UT Dallas Admission and Enrollment office helps prospective international students identify the available academic programs and follow the undergraduate and graduate application process of the University. There is even CHURROS!!!!!!!!!! In this world, when you are traveling in France or Canad, your child can have a conversation with adults or other kids in French with such a pure Parisian accent that no local would ever suspect that he/she did not grew up in France. True, the school is not prefect, it's a bit disorganized but overall all it's great. We came here for bilingual education, which is truly immersive, but we found much more! Students can Mrs. Zbylut views a collaborative school environment as the key to creating successful teachers and students. Texas that offers a fully bilingual French-English immersion And you constantly hear that they love their school. Students are taught to be interested in their world. ICE would rescind the Fall 2020 guidance. We offer world-renowned, accredited high school degree programs including the International Baccalaureate and the prestigious French Baccalaureate. I have found that students very much flourish with the curriculum that DIS uses. She believes partnerships with parents and community partners are essential to enriching the experience at Kleberg Elementary. What I loved most about DIS volleyball specifically was that, although our high school volleyball team isn't very good, and has hardly won any games, everyone was so supportive of me. She joined Kleberg Elementary School in 2015. Visits to Canada, France, China and Washington DC aid in teaching the students the history, geography, diversity and cultural traditions of other peoples and promote an understanding of other nations. As the only private international school in Dallas, it offers a fully bilingual French and English program that teaches a third language in Spanish, Mandarin and German. Please be informed that Dallas International School has transitioned to on-campus learning using our hybrid learning models as of September 8, 2020. The swimming and triathlon programs have been very successful. When you leave your child in the care of a school you need full confidence that the social and emotional environment is warm, safe, and well structured. ILTexas Arlington K-8; ILTexas Grand Prairie K-8; ILTexas Heritage K-8 (Coming in 2024) ILTexas Staff. GreatSchools is the leading nonprofit providing high-quality information that supports parents pursuing a great education for their child, schools striving for excellence, and communities working to diminish inequities in education. UT Dallas is firmly committed to the educational growth that comes through interactions with scholars from around the world. of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. Web6039 Churchill Way. Does Dallas International School offer a summer program? Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities. Through our rigorous Advanced Bilingual International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs, we create global citizens in our increasingly interconnected world. I was lucky enough to participate and go to Spain, where I improved my command of the Spanish language and my knowledge of Spanish culture. Web459 of 8,786 Texas Best Private K-12 Schools in Texas 11 of 206 Best Private High Schools in Texas 16 of 285 Best College Prep Private High Schools in Texas 25 of 275 Best High Schools for STEM in Texas 31 of 959 Most Diverse Private High Schools in Texas 75 of 394 Dallas-Fort Worth Area Best Private K-12 Schools in Dallas-Fort Worth Area 4 of 69 Dallas International School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for: Largest student body. Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. In addition, students have one hour of Spanish instruction per week. 17811 Waterview Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75252Tel: (469) 250-0001. Student-Teacher Ratio may not be indicative of class size. Find updates on this and other resources on our community health page. Make an Appointment Submit an Update to the Employee Directory Polk Center for Academically Talented and Gifted, Lenore Kirk Hall Personalized Learning Academy at Oak Cliff, Leonides Gonzalez Cigarroa M.D. 1mo. Besides working at DIS, she serves as a faculty member at Collin College where she teaches policy and economics. Dallas International School is the only school in North Texas that believes in a fully bilingual immersion education with a third language in Spanish, Mandarin and German. Classes start from preschool all the way through high school where students choose between International Baccalaureate (IB) or French Baccalaureate (IB) programs. The people here are simply wonderful! WebStaff Spotlight: Dr. Mea Ahlberg, Director of Admissions - Dallas International School - Dallas, TX News Staff Spotlight: Dr. Mea Ahlberg, Director of Admissions Dallas Small student body is not a good social environment. Rosie M. Collins Sorrells School of Education and Social Services at Yvonne A. Ewell Townv; Rufus C. Burleson Elementary School; S.S. Conner Elementary School; Sam Tasby Middle School; San Jacinto Elementary School; School for the Talented and Gifted at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center; School for the Talented and Gifted in Please contact the school for more details. The school has a great culture and a unique diverse community, which makes a much needed institution in our days! DIS' rigorous, immersive approach to learning languages has helped me develop both the communication skills that I will need as I go to college and travel abroad and the critical thinking skills that I have already put to use while considering linguistic nuances. Please contact the school for more details. Dallas International School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. We're an They are simple and peaceful. WebBenjamin Franklin International Exploratory Acad - located at 6920 Meadow Rd, Dallas,TX 75230-5333. find Benjamin Franklin International Exploratory Acadrating, student, staff and STAAR statistics and scores . The teachers care deeply for their students, the school is open to new ideas (they let girls wear comfortable shoes when they began a campaign against the uncomfortable expensive ones all the other schools require), the cafeteria food is healthy and the academics are amazing! I looked forward to practicing every week. Of students speak 3 or 4 languages fluently, Average hours of college credits acquired per graduate, "Our students are academically ambitious, multilingual global citizens who contribute ethically to the progress of humankind.". Dallas International School is the only international Dallas International School This school has been claimed by the school or a school representative. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. DIS' rigorous, immersive approach to learning languages has helped me develop both the communication skills that I will need as I go to college and travel abroad and the critical thinking skills that I have already put to use while considering linguistic nuances. over thirty years. WebReviews from Dallas International School employees about Dallas International School culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Students are inspired to explore their curiosity, cultivate their strengths, and become strong leaders in a global world. Wish I had something good to write. My children attended until 2022. School Finder. The University of Texas at Dallas is a Carnegie R1 classification (Doctoral Universities Very high research activity) university nestled just a few miles north of downtown Dallas and minutes away from global corporate headquarters and a renowned arts district. DIS sports has proven to be highly capable at winning (demonstrated through many other teams), but DIS volleyball has shown that being on a team is not only about winning, but it's also about having fun and persevering after many losses. WebDallas International School's multicultural environment and active community of students, teachers, staff and parents creates more than an education it enables students to ChatGPT is fascinating and alarming educational professionals. For more information, please contact the school. The teachers care deeply for their students, the school is open to new ideas (they let girls wear comfortable shoes when they began a campaign against the uncomfortable expensive ones all the other schools require), the cafeteria food is healthy and the academics are amazing! Students are immersion-taught in French and English with at least one additional language such as Spanish, Chinese or German. Best College Prep Private High Schools in Texas. She loves being able to witness first-hand the growth of all students. Mrs. Zbylut earned her masters degree in Technology & Educational Administration from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas. Even though I am excited for college, I will miss DIS, and will be proud to be an alum! Attend, participate in, and contribute to Most kids at this school talk about very gross things, not appropriate things. They enjoy it so much, Ahlberg said. Finding the right school for your child is a major project. Dallas International School Jobs - 210,147 Jobs Zippia Score 3.9 Claim This Company Overview Jobs Salary Revenue Demographics Competitors CEO & Executives Mission Statement Follow Company Location Job Title Distance Job Type Job Level Date Posted A Click, Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities, Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities, State or regional independent school association, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS), private school tuition across the country, Dallas International School Offering New French Immersion Program (FLIP) (2020), 2 Collin County eighth-graders share Dallas Regional Spelling Bee title (2020). Administration and teachers are extremely caring, and the biggest proof is how happy our son is everyday when we pick him up and how eager he is to go again in the morning! Many people look at the bad side of having a very small grade (about 40 - 50 people) but they are all missing the good side, sure if there's a bully it's hard to avoid him or her but bullies come and go. Multi lingual / multi ethnic / sting cultural experience . I know that when every morning theyre excited to go to school. Masks are recommended but not required at Dallas College locations and events. She graduated with a B.M. The Student-Teacher Ratio for preschools is reported directly by the school. Unless you are specifically interested in track and field, I would not recommend DIS for aspiring athletes. Athletics are an important role in a well-rounded DIS student. All they care about is the image of the school to attract more students but they don't realize that the reason they lack so many students is because they don't treat their present students with any compassion or empathy. WebFind out what works well at Dallas International School from the people who know best. Learn More. of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. Dallas International School's academic program is robust. of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. Term start and end dates are also available in the course schedule for each term. By taking classes in different languages, learn different cultural perspectives and develop critical thinking skills in more than one language. Wells Academy, Dr. Frederick D. Haynes, III Global Preparatory Academy at Paul Quinn College, Dr. Frederick Douglass Todd Sr. Middle School, Dr. Wright L. Lassiter Jr. Search all DIS teaches a solid foundation of skills that covers all the fundamentals offered by other prestigious private schools, while giving our students the advantage of acquiring a second and third language throughout their school career. 6039 Churchill Way, Dallas, TX 75230Tel: (972) 991-6379. There is always something new you can learn from a different culture. in Opera from The University of North Texas in 2018. of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. Michelena says, "DIS was the right choice for us because it aligns with our view that being an empathetic 'citizen of the world' is crucial to learning how your own actions contribute to the community at large. WebDallas International School (DIS) is a pre-K through grade 12 private school with a bilingual academic program. Your web browser does not support the