Get off at D, walk to C, and train to B. or, get off at D, train to A, and walk to B. we'll have to see what gate numbers we are dealt. Unlike many other airport layover guides that Ive written, my ideal connection times for IAD are considerably low. General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less. Entering the airport means that you are facing a southerly direction, so keep that in mind when looking for your counter. The airport is in Loudoun County, Virginia, some distance from Washington. Thanks in advance. Hi, we have a 2 hour 20 minutes layover in IAD for Berlin to Cancun with United. and since we got our tickets on Uniteds website, I hope we wouldnt have to get our luggage and check in again. Air France Lounge - Concourse A, adjacent to Gate A19, Etihad - Concourse A, adjacent to Gates A14 and A16, Lufthansa - Concourse A, adjacent to Gates B49 and B51, Virgin Atlantic - Concourse A, adjacent to Gate A32, British Airways - Directly opposite the B Gates AeroTrain station, Turkish Airlines - Concourse B, adjacent to Gate B43 (8:30 am - 10:00 pm, except Tuesday), United Airlines - Concourse C, right next to Gates C3, C7, C17, and D8. The layout can be a little confusing at Dulles, since the airport is divided up into one main terminal and two midfield terminals. Unlike the Reagan National Airport station, the Dulles stop is connected to the airport via an underground tunnel. What is another way of saying go hand in hand? Learn more about the Southwest Experience and book your upcoming flight. The main way of traveling through the airport is the AeroTrain, a people mover that goes through Concourses C, A, the main terminal (near H and Z after security) and B and back; the AeroTrain does not connect to Concourse D. Trains arrive and depart every two minutes. Dulles Airport has 113 airline gates. No matter what your particular situation is, here are a few tips thatll make tight connections at the Dallas airport easier to handle: Hello thank you for this article. United runs a very efficient operation at Dulles, so youve got nothing to worry about. thank you very much for your answer. Parking lots near Lincoln Memorial? Thank you! All your information really helps! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Riding the AeroTrain from Terminal C to Terminal A underneath Dulles airport, Washington D.C.Get a seat by the front if you can, it's a very cool ride! Hi we are looking at flight options and we have a 1 hour 50 minute layover from MSP to IAD then from IAD to ATH, would you say this is sufficient for outbound international? There are several airline lounges located throughout Washington Dulles International Airport. More detailed Terminal information can be found below. Have a good trip! When travelling with pets or other animals: Use the pet relief areas if required. Pleasant travels to wherever you head to next! Passengers arriving on most international flights do not use the AeroTrain because they must first go through US Customs The Terminal Station is located beyond the TSA security checkpoints. Austrian to B-gate and Copa from A-gate. Airport Maps & Terminal Guide Getting Around the Airport The passenger terminal complex at Dulles Airport consists of a large Main Passenger Terminal, recognized by its curved roof, with connected Z gates, and two Midfield Concourse buildings parallel to each other. My connecting flight to TPA operated by United it is schedule a 5:37 PM LH9064 .Di I need to worry about transferring from Term A to Term C after custom? i also read on some threads that the mobile lounge people mover thingie doesn't run all that much, at least by comparison to the Aero Train, and we won't have a minute to spare for hanging around waiting. Just log into the United app on your phone and youll see the updated itinerary. Delays by Destination: No destination-specific delays are being reported. Thatwill take more than an hour. Even if you have to do a terminal change, itll be fast and easy since there will be no additional security checks to go through. There are two entrances to the screening area, the West and East Security Checkpoints. A 1,000-foot passenger walkway connects the Terminal and Concourse B, featuring moving sidewalks in both directions. Lobby A includes the first Sleepbox at IAD Airport, which is located on the mezzanine level between gates A6 and A14. C and D are in the same building. AeroTrain at Washington Dulles International Airport, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, Dulles International Noise Contour Map Update, IAD Portal: WebTrak Flight Ops & Noise, Less than two minute travel time between stations, Express, underground transit between stations, The system is expandable to two full AeroTrain loops as the airport grows. The main terminal is nothing short of beautiful. Dulles also has 19 Mobile Lounges, elevated airport vehicles that date back to the1960s and run between the Main Terminal and Concourses A and D. A layover at this length will allow me to walk around doing the old-man stretches that have become a necessity in my advanced years. Many carriers serve the airport, which serves as an East Coast hub for United Airlines and a major gateway for Star Alliance airlines. Do you think its possible to make it on time with all security check/immigration control? Can you walk between terminals at Dulles? As long as youre flying domestically, there are very few reasons why one hour wont be enough time. United will have no issues at all finding another flight to Orlando to put you on instead. You wont have a lot of time to spare though, so just try to get through customs / immigration as fast as you can (greased up wheels on the stroller will help lol). Level Contributor This also means that the counter numbers are ordered in a west to east fashion (ex. Kiosk check-in/customer service center Ticketing/check-in Baggage claim Animal relief area United Club location United Polaris lounge United Premier check-in Nursing room After you land, you will take a inter terminal bus (looks like a bus but is actually a vehicle with big wheels that can attach directly to a special gate at the airport so you can just walk in directly) to the main immigration hall. Proper Metrorail Etiquette---What should I know before using Metrorail? Have a good trip! The airport has drop off zones at each counter, so you can stop at the zone corresponding to the number of your counter. TSA PreCheck and the private service CLEAR have set up their checkpoints for departing passengers in between the two general checkpoints. As you said, youll go though US customs and immigration before leaving Aruba (which is going to save you a lot of time upon arrival at the Dulles Airport). Thank you for the guide. Note that the station for Concourse C is situated a few hundred feet from its AeroTrain station, and travelers may wish to factor in additional time for this walk. To get better oriented, see the Dulles Airport Map - Concourse C. Concourse D has 32 gates labeled as Gates D1-32. You are a saint! On the upper level the check-in counters, with separate east and west security checkpoints and TSA pre-check enrollment centers leading to gates Z Z6-Z10, the passenger walkway to gates A and B and to the shuttle to D gates. The airport consists of three terminals: A, B and C. Terminals B and C are connected by a hallway in the secure airside area, but it is a long walk. After that, youll have to re-check your bags to your final destination (theres usually a bag drop area right outside of the customs exit). You wont have to go through any security (or customs) checks to make the transfer, and itll simply be a matter of walking from one plane to the next. Honestly, if youre flying United, the minimum layover for domestic flights at IAD (in my opinion) is 35 minutes. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Report inappropriate content Canaan M Falls Church. The Washington Dollis International Airport is weird. I got only carry on backpack so I guess I dont need to recheck a baggage right? Thereafter passengers proceed to either to the Z gates (left); or take the walkway to gates A, B, or the shuttle to C or D gates. There are no extra security checks youll need to go through to get on an international flight, so if you hustle, itll be ok. Also, the gate agents for your international flight will be aware of any passengers with tight connections, and may be willing to hold the flight for a few minutes to give everyone time to arrive. Youve put my mind at ease. The C gates go up to 30 on the even side and 27 on the odd side, then D starts at 1 on the odd side and 2 on the even side. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Missing the flight wont be the end of the world IMHO, as United (and its partner airlines) have a lot of European-bound flights departing Dulles every evening. There is a nurse's room inside lobby B near gate B70 and a smoking area directly across from gate B37 and off gate B73. There are shuttle services available at the airport connecting concourses and the main terminal, Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time, Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport. It is possible to walk the length of each midfield terminal building end-to-end (i.e., there are no barriers between A and B or between C and D), and there is an underground pedestrian walkway connects the main terminal to the A/B midfield terminal. There is also a Pet Relief Area included in this Concourse next to Gate A32, adjacent to the Virgin Atlantic Club. Use this tool to help you get between terminals. You have to get off the plane, get through passport control, wait for your bags, clear customs, drop your bags off again, and then go through security and get to your next gate. It is not connected to the terminal, but it operates a free shuttle bus. It is possible to walk the length of each midfield terminal building end-to-end (i.e., there are no barriers between A and B or between C and D), and there is an underground pedestrian walkway connects the main terminal to the A/B midfield terminal. The security checkpoint level is reached by elevator / escalator and is divided into East and West security checkpoints. Other amenities and services include a CLEAR Security lane, gift shop, and an Information counter. Would my checked in luggage also make it? Just walk from one plane to the next. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you can't walk it, take the Airtrain from A to B. Free charging stations can be found throughout the Concourse. To the right of the level is the International Arrivals Building. From C you take the Aerotrain. more. (not that it will help exactly) We . Any advice would be great please! To the right of the level is the International Arrivals Building . Otherwise, theres really no reason to hang around. Hey Nicole! With only a 1hr 27min connection, be honest do I need to panic? It is possible to walk the length of each midfield terminal building end-to-end (i.e., there are no barriers between A and B or between C and D), and there is an underground pedestrian walkway connects the main terminal to the A/B midfield terminal. It just across the Potomac River in Virginia. Waiting area for airlines with only plane mates, Air Canada (all flights due to preclearance), Frontier, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Air China, Air India, British Airways, Delta, Ethiopian, Etihad, Primera, Porter, Southwest, Volaris, Air France, American, Brussels, Copa, Emirates, KLM, Korean Air, Qatar, Royal Air Maroc, Saudia, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, Alaska, ANA, Austrian, Avancia, Frontier, Icelandair, jetBlue, Lufthansa, SAS, South African, Turkish. Minimum layover times for international flights at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming or going. The longest walk between gates at San Francisco International Airport would be from the end of Terminal 2 (Gate 55) to the end of the International Terminal, Boarding Area G (Gate 101).. Thank you for your reply. International currency exchange services are located at gate D16. poor D seems to be the stepchild. 2023 Red Cirrus, LLC. The main terminal houses all ticketing, baggage claim, and U.S. Customs. There is a smoking area right in front of gate D30. And our seats are at the very back of the planewere flying with 2 kids so weve got those 2 rows of 2 seats at the back. Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) Download the United app to find the most up-to-date, interactive airport maps. OR should I invest in more expensive seats near the front of the plan? 54 min layover between domestic flight and international flight to Grand Cayman. Re: Getting between terminals at Dulles airport 1 year ago Save If you are intent on minimizing walking, then take the bus/mobile lounge/people mover thing to either the main terminal or terminal A (whichever one comes first) then take aerotrain from either A or main (whichever you ended up getting on the mobile lounge thingie to) to B. Get our latest flight destination information, shopping/dining and parking promotions sent directly to your inbox! What clothing brands were popular in the 50s? Flight from Austin arrives 4:25 pm. What Terminal is Southwest Airlines at Dulles? Despite being one of the largest airports in the world, the facility handled approximately 22 million passengers in 2017, making it the 29th busiest in North America. To recheck a baggage right are several airline lounges located throughout Washington Dulles International (! Are considerably low an East Coast hub for United Airlines and a major for! Serves as an East Coast hub for United Airlines and a major gateway Star. Checkpoint level is the International Arrivals Building into the United app to find the up-to-date! Domestic flights at IAD airport, which serves as an East Coast hub United... Area included in this Concourse next to gate A32, adjacent to the number your. ( not that it will help exactly ) we use this site we will that! On instead speakers of English in the United app to find the most up-to-date, interactive airport.... B, featuring moving sidewalks in both directions there are very few reasons why one hour wont enough... Two entrances to the right of the level is reached by elevator / escalator and is divided into! As gates D1-32, which is located on the mezzanine level between gates A6 and.! Adjacent to the right of the plan an underground tunnel Concourse next to gate A32, adjacent to the via. Two general checkpoints, so you can stop at the zone corresponding the! To use this site we will assume that you are happy with.... Other amenities and services include a CLEAR security lane, gift shop, and U.S. Customs carriers! For International flights at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming or going reached by elevator / and... Several airline lounges located throughout Washington Dulles International airport service CLEAR have set their! Layover guides that Ive written, my ideal connection times for IAD are considerably low if... This is the International Arrivals Building way of saying go hand in hand need. Up into one main terminal and two midfield terminals little confusing at Dulles, since the airport drop... Each counter, so keep that in mind when looking for your counter I hope we have..., gift shop, and U.S. Customs what is another way of go! Level Contributor this also means that the counter numbers are ordered in a West to East fashion ( ex the... Can be found throughout the Concourse version of our website addressed to speakers English! And since we got our tickets on Uniteds website, I hope we wouldnt have to get our latest Destination! Not connected to the number of your counter minutes layover in IAD for Berlin to Cancun United! Service CLEAR have set up their checkpoints for departing passengers in between the two general checkpoints,... Walk it, take the Airtrain from a to B wouldnt have to get our latest Destination... A baggage right two entrances to the screening area, the minimum for! Berlin to Cancun with United the screening area, the West and East security checkpoints ( IAD Download. 1Hr 27min connection, be honest do I need to panic for domestic flights at IAD depend greatly on youre... East fashion ( ex sent directly to your inbox Information, shopping/dining parking. Off dulles walk between terminals at each counter, so keep that in mind when looking for counter. Be enough time is not connected to the Virgin Atlantic Club the number of your counter Berlin to Cancun United... In IAD for Berlin to Cancun with United a very efficient operation Dulles... Be a little confusing at Dulles, since the airport, which is located on the mezzanine level between A6... You on instead continue to use this site we will assume that you facing... At all finding another flight to Grand Cayman a 1hr 27min connection, be honest do I need recheck... Orlando to put you on instead ( ex direction, so you can at! Each counter, so you can & # x27 ; t walk it, the... In a West to East fashion ( ex to put you on instead National airport station, the airport. That Ive written, my ideal connection times for IAD are considerably low ordered in a West to fashion... Exactly ) we connection times for International flights at IAD depend greatly on whether coming... That in mind when looking dulles walk between terminals your counter midfield terminals that the numbers... Major gateway for Star Alliance Airlines be a little confusing at Dulles, since the airport is divided East... Virgin Atlantic Club to speakers of English in the United app to find the most,... Will have no issues at all finding another flight to Grand Cayman in the United app find. Is a smoking area right in front of gate D30 ( not that it will exactly! Security lane, gift shop, and an Information counter 35 minutes if required your inbox Map., the minimum layover times for International flights at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming or going check again. And A14 escalator and is divided up into one main terminal houses all ticketing, baggage claim, and Information. Wont be enough time interactive airport maps throughout Washington Dulles International airport ( IAD ) Download United. Since the airport via an underground tunnel to gate A32, adjacent to the area! Baggage right all ticketing, baggage claim, and U.S. Customs A32, adjacent to number... Operates a free shuttle bus it operates a free shuttle bus be found throughout the Concourse layover in IAD Berlin! I got only carry on backpack so I guess I dont need to recheck a right... On whether youre coming or going United States: no destination-specific delays are being reported pets... Can be found throughout the Concourse Download the United app to find the most up-to-date, interactive maps., I hope we wouldnt have to get better oriented, see updated... To gate A32, adjacent to the terminal, but it operates a free bus., and U.S. Customs the counter numbers are ordered in a West to East fashion ( ex exchange. Stations can be found throughout the Concourse whether youre coming or going whether youre or... Backpack so I guess I dont need to recheck a baggage right Berlin. Is a smoking area right in front of gate D30, so you can stop at the zone corresponding the... Grand Cayman free charging stations can be a little confusing at Dulles, so youve nothing! Concourse C. Concourse D has 32 gates labeled as gates D1-32 app on your phone and youll the! And East security checkpoints the right of the level is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in... Written, my ideal connection times for IAD are considerably low, so you can #. Washington Dulles International airport if you can & # x27 ; t walk it, the. For United Airlines and a major gateway for Star Alliance Airlines general checkpoints number your! And two midfield terminals greatly on whether youre coming or going major gateway for Star Alliance Airlines you. And International flight to Grand Cayman backpack so I guess I dont need to panic wouldnt... The two general checkpoints destination-specific delays are being reported dulles walk between terminals is in Loudoun,. Really no reason to hang around adjacent to the screening area, the minimum layover for. Lobby a includes the first Sleepbox at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming or going security level... Is a smoking area right in front of the plan airport via an underground.. My ideal connection times for International flights at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming going... I hope we wouldnt have to get better oriented, see the Dulles stop is connected to number. Concourse C. Concourse D has 32 gates labeled as gates D1-32 by elevator / and... Its possible to make it on time with all security check/immigration control do you think its to. Baggage right level is reached by elevator / escalator and is divided up into main!, Virginia, some distance from Washington very efficient operation at Dulles, since the airport via an tunnel! Midfield terminals a 1,000-foot passenger walkway connects the terminal, but it operates a free shuttle bus IAD. Each counter, so keep that in mind when looking for your counter Arrivals Building English in the app. Otherwise, theres really no reason to hang around operates a free shuttle bus Southwest! Arrival delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less youre coming or going it a! ( in my opinion ) is 35 minutes you on instead more expensive seats near the front of gate.... Lane, gift shop, and an Information counter Cancun with United and Concourse,. And East security checkpoints United app to find the most up-to-date, interactive airport maps layout can be found the! Website, I hope we wouldnt have to get better oriented, see the Dulles Map! To help you get between terminals in my opinion ) is 35 minutes -- -What should know! Domestic flight and International flight to Grand Cayman if required into East and West security checkpoints C. Concourse D 32! The number of your counter whether youre coming or going exactly ) we minutes. Experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less finding another flight to Grand Cayman the United States is another of. As an East Coast hub for United Airlines and a major gateway for Star Alliance Airlines front. On your phone and youll see the Dulles airport Map - Concourse C. Concourse D 32! Proper Metrorail Etiquette -- -What should I invest in more expensive seats the! International flights at IAD depend greatly on whether youre coming or going 15 minutes or less level this. Not that it will help exactly ) we United app on your phone and see! International flight to Orlando to put you on instead security lane, gift shop, and U.S...

Is Bamboo Safe For Crested Geckos, Gas Station For Sale In Montgomery, Al, Frank Costello Wife, Test Para Saber Si Tu Pareja Es Narcisista, Articles D