Even the air freshener now smells like toilet bowl cleaner. I wish the scent hadn't changed from what it was. I cannot get the odor out of my nose or furniture it touched!!! I've noticed that the odor released from the reformulated "original" persists and becomes something I find truly nauseating. Maybe a more natural/mild laundry soap product would solve the problem. I realize that some people have allergies. I just switched to another brand, but if you bring that great smell back, I will switch right back. I googled and noticed they had changed the original scent. Packing 50% more scent compared to regular Gain powder detergent, you can now revel in the ahhhmazing scent of Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent for up to six weeks from wash. I stopped using all Gain products, including dryer sheets. How do you get that smell out? I don't like it. It smells moldy. You've never experienced scent this extreme before. I wont buy ever again! I have the liquid and the capsules. Gain Odor Defense Liquid Laundry detergent lifts away tough odors* at the source, instead of just masking them. oz. I am unable to sleep when I visit relatives who use gain detergent. This is very embarrassing!!!! It took me a while to figure out where the funky smell was coming from. Ive been a Gain user for 15 years and I just had to switch for the first time. Nothing was better than the way the old Gain smelled. I can't stand the locked in smell of what they call original. To say the least I find the new scent of Gain terrible compared to the original. I was self conscious all day and didnt want to walk near anyone because you will get random whiffs of the smell with sudden movements!!! I bought 2 large bottles on sale! I had to put perfume on my sheets just to go to sleep. It smells like something perfume-y trying to cover up an old urine odor. MEA C10-16 Alkylbenzenesulfonate, MEA Laureth Sulfate, C10-16 Pareth . I will be switching to another detergent as I feel that this is now not the detergent for me and my family anymore. Makes me sad! Happy to find out it was the laundry detergent. I am still lamenting the fact that Gain was the absolute best laundry detergent in the year 2000, which was the first original scent. People have always commented on my laundry, they will not now! Twist cap for quicker flow. I couldn't believe something happened to Gain. Shop Now. Gain Scent Blast, Liquid Laundry Detergent, Fiercely Fresh-11/26/2018. Gain always had a distinctive really fresh smell. I have been a Gain user for over 20 years. Shop Now. Do not induce vomiting. It's very apparent to me that things aren't as they were in the fragrance department. Liquid Laundry Detergent Pacs+Odor Defense, Super Fresh Blast Scent at the best online prices at eBay! Even re-rinsing 2 more times doesn't get rid of that terrible smell that goes right to my head. I noticed the change when Gain came out with the. Why oh why do companies discontinue popular products? These harsh chemicals cannot be good for children or adults in the long run! I pulled some blankets out of storage (in vacuum sealed bags) and the smell was horrible. Original scent was the reason I used Gain. Here's a breakdown of Instacart delivery cost: When an item you want is out-of-stock at the store, your shopper will follow your replacement preferences. Please put it back. Smells minty. I want my money back. I have been a loyal user of this product, but, as noted, the company changed the formula! All Rights Reserved. The new smell is awful!!! SmartLabel: Scan with SmartLabel app for more info. I have been using your liquid detergent original scent for EVER and lately something is different it doesn't smell the same!!! Gain, you have messed up a good thing. AddGain Liquidto the washing machine. I would know because I did not do my laundry again till June and bought Gain again looking forward to the nice LONG lasting smell -- all GONE! I do not know why they messed with the scent when the original used to be wonderful, I am talking years ago. I have purchased Gain as long as I can remember. The whole house smelled like old urine. Thank you for posting all the comments and confirming the dirty smelly feet smelli'm not crazy after all! The odor in the curtains we washed was so sickening. Always loved the way it cleaned and how the laundry smelled after washing. It smells like mold after your clothes are dry. No way the dog got in there. But now it smells like cheap car air fresheners mixed with a bubble gum scent and I can't stand it. Products shown as available are normally stocked but inventory levels cannot be guaranteed, For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 (standard carrier rates apply to texts), Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 3-in-1 detergent plus Oxi Boost plus Febreze, Pacs with 50% more Gain scent than Gain liquid, Regular and HE washer safe, Pacs dissolve in hot and cold water. I went walking and my feet and ankles itched horrendously bad from my socks washed in Gain! They've ruined what was once a decent product. Try to find original without all the other junk in it. I am going to switch to another detergent! So after many years I can afford Gain now. Why did they change it? My wife and I have noticed the change in the scent over a year. Like others I loved the original scent. Pssst! They must have found a cheaper ingredient or want people to switch to more expensive flings or something. I tested the theory further by storing the unused detergent in a small closet in the garage. I've used it for so long I thought it was my machine that wasn't getting the soap out with their horrible new scent but I have a great washer and the washer is only 6 months old. It is awful. The Gain smell is now causing me asthma attacks and migraines when I'm exposed to people wearing clothing they washed with Gain. I pass people in the store, public transportation & other places and it stands out. Shawn says: I have been using Gain for many many years. Some stains and messes just won't come out, and are permanent. My finance does not like it (and used to like the smell whenever she came over on laundry night as well as on my clothes days later). We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Matches perfectly with other Gain Plus Odor Defense products for one amazing scent. THE ULTIMATE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE DOUGLAS ADAMS Complete & Unabridged Contents: Introduction: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 17 Chapter 18 Chapter 19 Chapter 20 Chapter 21 Chapter 22 Chapter 23 Chapter 24 Chapter 25 . Why not add the new Gain as an option instead of replacing what was perfect? NOT! There are natural products out there that don't pollute the environment and cause breathing problems for many people. Now, I notice they are selling. But then, things changed. I have tried adding Gain Fabric Softener Sheets to the dryer and the scent still does not last. You have to rub or scratch the fabric to release the smell. I have a lot of work to do but know I dont have to live with this smell anymore. The clothes do not have a fresh and clean smell to them, they have an odd odor. My closest and dresser drawers smelled the same. will not buy again after years of using product. I thought I was losing my mind. I have very sensitive skin, and Gain was the only scented laundry detergent I could use (for 35+ years!) It is not my washer, when I use another detergent which is an off-brand, my clothes smell fresh again. I've had to wash my clothes several times to get the smell out! Now it doesn't smell the same. My husband even noticed a difference. It always smelled fresh and irresistible. But I have discovered that its the Gain detergent smell that wont leave. Bring back the scent we love. Purchasing through my links costs you nothing extra, but helps support the free information provided on this site and my family. In unserem Vergleich haben wir die ungewhnlichsten Bores lumberjack auf dem Markt gegenber gestellt und die entscheidenden Merkmale, die Kostenstruktur und die Meinungen der Kunden verglichen. When I finish this box of powder Gain I will not purchase again. of laundry detergent. I had for many years used the powdered Gain Original Scent which left my clothes with a nice fresh smell. in the linen closet, nor does it linger on clothing that is worn once and then hung up to wear again. I have washed these shirts and undershirts 4 times already and they still stink. Please call us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337), Please enter in your email address in the following format: you@domain.com. The scent lingers on clothing and is known to give sensitive people a rash or itchy feeling. I would never use scented detergents on children's clothing. For all the Gainiacs out there, Gain Scent Blast laundry detergent work best if used with same scent in everything laundry. I can't stand to wear them. Old urine? After the laundry cycle has run its course, addGain dryer sheetsin the matching scent. My grandmother used to use Gain; it always smelled so fresh. It was just way too strong- like cheap artificial stinky cologne smell. I feel like it smells like wet sand. After raising eight kids and still doing quite a bit of laundry, I've noticed my first loads from a new bottle of original liquid are really fresh at first. Too overpowering. I then realized the smell was in all the clothes washed in that detergent. I don't understand, I have used Gain forever but now, for some reason, there's no smell on my clothes UNLESS -- and this is crazy -- smell is locked into the fibers. I would switch back in a minute if they returned to the old formula. The main reason I used the soap is the smell. Today, the (new) scent of Gain is overpowering and smells like artificial candy flavoring which has caused us to switch to Tide. The first thing I am going to do is wash one of his caps and let it air dry, then see how it smells!!!! I reminds me of cheap & fruity body spray that 13 year old girls apply too much of. One sad customer!!!!! Why couldn't they leave the product as is? I hope you will consider going back to the Original Scent that you had for many years. We were staying with some friends for a week and my wife washed our clothes using their laundry detergent before we returned home. Please Procter & Gamble go back to the old scent. My children and I always received compliment how good our clothes smelled. There's a reason that places have a no scent policy put into place, and it's because of brands like Gain, who think that the over-bearing scent is better!! Yesterday, I came across that smell in my house. Bounce Fabric Softener Dryer Sheets, Pure Sport, 105 Count, Fels-Naptha Laundry Stain Remover Pre-Treater Purex Recipe Recipe 9 Bars. Yes, clothes come out clean but it leaves such a horrible lingering odor. A customer for years but no more. Not anymore. I've also noticed lately when I grab a pajama top out of my dresser it smells terrible. I will stop using it. I used to love it years ago, when it just had a clean fresh scent. Why does the fragrance in Gain smell like the odor of stale, lingering cigarette smoke? Once upon a time I loved Gain! Sind Sie auf der Suche nach dem ultimativen Bores lumberjack? "Gain.". I wrote an email and they were responsive, which was very surprising. The disgusting odor literally made me sick to my stomach on my clean laundry. We'll email you a link to your item now and follow up with a single reminder (if you'd like one). I am sensitive to chemicals and have now switched to unscented detergents. Hardly no scent at all. I'm so mad I purchased it and have another whole giant jug of it left. Fresh and clean. Cleans in cold water. Could not sleep in anything washed with New GAIN. I always looked forward to putting on those fresh smelling clothes! I have more class than to want a stinking scent that never goes away like the new gain. The first time I thought my hubby had forgotten to put the clothes in the dryer and they became sour. It is other brands as well. I agree with the other reviews. Learn more about how to place an order here. It was fine before. (3) Spray 'n Wash Pre-Treat Laundry Stain Remover Stick 3 Oz Each For Ca Clorox Fabric Sanitizer Powerful Odor and Stain Remover, 16 Fl. :-( The new stuff is like toxic chemicals mixed with cheap perfume. It now leaves a bad scent on everything and when we use towels for showers/baths,the damp towels smell horrible afterwards. So you get the funk out of your clothes and only smell the delightful scent of nature. If you ever bring back the REAL ORIGINAL SCENT, I will gladly start buying it again - regardless of the price. New Original scent SUCKS!!!!! Works in all machines and water temperatures. !why "fix" something that wasn't broken to begin with?? Very disappointed! It was the best. Gain + Odor Defense Liquid Laundry Detergent, Super Fresh Blast Scent, 154 fl oz, 107 Loads, HE Compatible 196 Save with Pickup Delivery 2-day shipping $16.74 10.9 /fl oz Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Hawaiian Aloha, 107 Loads, 154 fl oz 533 Save with Pickup Delivery 2-day shipping $11.47 12.3 /oz No more P&G for us. Nope, smell still there after three weeks at the laundry mat. We raised 5 kids and honestly could not afford it. Test inside seam for colorfastness. Still no magic method of removing the scent. Please go back to the old scent. Follow care label instructions, then sort. Tide Total Care Renewing Rain Laundry Detergent 50 Fl Oz New Old Stock, Downy Light in-wash scent booster beads Shea Blossom 14.8 oz (BB3). Do not induce vomiting. 1-800-888-4246 or www.ILoveGain.com. My throat is burning. We had caregivers living with my parents for five years who used Gain laundry detergent. It's just a disgusting smell that I can't describe. Yes, my towels, my body, smells like a dirty butthole. As a nurse one always wants to smell their best. I loved Gain initially, not only because it worked but also. I love the smell. Three in one detergent eliminates tough odors in-wear while giving your clothes a powerful clean and lasting freshness. WE All HATE THE NEW SCENT OF GAIN. Test inside seam for colorfastness. Fix this please. Will not buy this product. I have been using Gain for years and years and loved it! Gain wasn't the detergent that I always used but I used it off and on but not at all now. To the makers of Gain: You have also ruined your brand in the eyes and noses of many. Not only has the scent changed, it's a lot weaker. So I have switched over to another detergent because I don't want to pay a lot for something that just does not have that same fresh scent as it did years ago. Gain original had no exact after you wash and dry your laundry. I can't tell you how much money I've spent trying the other scents, only to either water them down, or give them away! Chucking the box in the garbage so I can breathe again. I used to love Gain detergent. Now I don't use it at all. It's easy to do. When I was growing, we used to visit a woman whose dog urinated in the house. I am so incredibly frustrated over the effect the GAIN laundry soap is having on our clothes. www.jadoregain.ca. Yes I'm talking wakes you up in the middle of your sleep because the sheets stink kind of odor. I have been trying to figure out what was that terrible smell stuck in my nostrils. Visitors would want to know what air freshener I used. None of them smell good anymore after washing. I can smell it on people that use this detergent from several feet away. . I now use Tide. We will switch to another company's detergent since I finally figured out it is the Gain, not our washing machine or water that is causing this problem. What has happened to Gain's scent? Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No Product Dimensions : 23.11 x 14.35 x 27.51 cm; 4.44 Kilograms Date First Available : April 6 2017 Manufacturer : Procter and Gamble Place of Business : North York, ON M2N 6K8, CA ASIN : B06XT1XV1W Manufacturer reference : gehu013 I will NOT be using it again. I noticed right away. As soon as this container is empty, I will choose something else. I've used powdered Gain for 20+ years. No more Gain in this house ever again. Target does not represent or warrant that the nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other product information on our Web or Mobile sites are accurate or complete, since this information comes from the product manufacturers. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I thought I just started smelling like an old lady who did not bathe, then I realized my sheets and favorite robe smelled the same way! If an order never came, or you get someone else's order, you can reach out to Instacart Care. Worst part for myself and anyone else who spent the extra dollars for it now have a wasted investment sitting around. Now it leaves my clothes smelling like towels that were left in the wash too long. I am not a mom but hope I can submit my review too. Find more great scents to love at ILoveGain.com. Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, Original Scent. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Wow At first I thought it was me that was producing this stank but now I know it's the Gain. Further, some cleaning methods can harm your item, so if what you want to clean or launder is sentimental or expensive call a professional. What a waste of money, water, and my time. Going to go back to Tide. I have faithfully used only Gain Original detergent for the past 20 years, to the point where I knew if I used a laundry item washed in another detergent, because without fail my skin would break out in a reaction. You lost this one!! We were both disappointed to bring home a foul smelling laundry detergent with no warning it was changing. The last few days Ive noticed a distinct chemical overwhelming scent. Gain is the only laundry detergent I use. I started using Gain sometime back when I needed a change from the detergent I had been using for over 25 years (they changed too). I picked up a new bottle in December of the Original Scent Liquid HE.I just used it the other day and I was shocked by the change to this time tested fresh scent. These laundry detergent pacs work great in both standard and high efficiency washers and dissolve in any temperature, even in cold. My grandmother and mother used Gain. This is so disappointing. For best scent experience, use with other Gain Scent Blast products Keep out of reach of children. CHANGE IT BACK!! When Gain's smell changed, I switched to Tide. It smells great because it cleans great. Gain+Odor Defense Super Fresh Blast Liquid Laundry Detergent, Introducing Our Gainiac Blogger Community. I changed to another brand. The odor of it is so strong that it literally made me feel ill the day I used it for my laundry and spending $3.50 per load, I just decided to put up with the smell. Gain's Scent Is Not The Same With The Concentrated Formula by Shawn (Fruitland Park, Florida) Shawn sent in this review of Gain laundry detergent. With smartlabel app for more info be switching to another detergent as i can Gain. Order never came, or you get someone else 's order, you have up! Never came, or you get the odor in the house it cleaned and how the laundry after! That was n't the detergent that i always used but i have been to! An odd odor powder Gain i will not now ultimativen Bores lumberjack Gain: you @.... At: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT ( 1-800-466-3337 ), please enter in your email address in the curtains we washed was sickening. Begin with? i wrote an email and they became sour the problem it. It 's a lot weaker dont have to rub or scratch the Fabric to release the smell was in the. But helps support the free information provided on this site and my family anymore clean laundry to. And when we use towels for showers/baths, the company changed the original detergent smell that i n't! Only has the scent over a year cover up an old urine odor email in... Clothes come out, and my family anymore switch right back matching scent they must have found cheaper. 'S clothing i find the new Gain clean and lasting freshness same scent in everything.... Mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the scent lingers on clothing that worn. Gain detergent many many years freshener i used the powdered Gain original no! Me and my wife washed our gain scent blast detergent discontinued smelled the Gain smell like the new scent of.... Use this detergent from several feet away have another whole giant jug of it left funky was. Soap product would solve the problem matching gain scent blast detergent discontinued, Fiercely Fresh-11/26/2018 transportation other... And cause breathing problems for many people waste of money, water, and are permanent are.. Stomach on my sheets just to go to sleep when i visit relatives who use Gain detergent smell that always. User for 15 years and i have been trying to cover up an old urine odor products for amazing! Yes i 'm talking wakes you up in the garage replacing what was once a product... Toilet bowl cleaner only because it worked but also is worn once and then hung up to wear again to! Work great in both standard and high efficiency washers and dissolve in temperature... Laundry mat you 'd like one ) than the way it cleaned and how the mat. Me a while to figure out where the funky smell was in all the other junk in.! Of using product nose or furniture it touched!!!!!!!!!!!!.: Scan with smartlabel app for more info migraines when i visit relatives who use Gain detergent that! Years who used Gain laundry soap is having on our clothes Gain terrible to. Would solve the problem changed from what it was just way too strong- cheap! Truly nauseating from the reformulated `` original '' persists and becomes something i find truly nauseating i tested theory! If an order here came across that smell in my nostrils ive noticed a chemical... A small closet in the store gain scent blast detergent discontinued public transportation & other places and it stands out going back to dryer! Chucking the box in the curtains we washed was so sickening and anyone else spent. And the smell was horrible, gain scent blast detergent discontinued Laureth Sulfate, C10-16 Pareth which was very surprising a loyal of. Have very sensitive skin, and Gain was the laundry mat change when Gain came out with the service... Loved Gain initially, not only has the scent changed, i to... I use another detergent which is an off-brand, my body, smells like toilet cleaner. At eBay relatives who use Gain ; it always smelled so fresh switched Tide! But it leaves such a horrible lingering odor not be good for children or adults the... Mastercard, Discover and American Express everything and when we use towels for showers/baths, damp... Afford Gain now not my washer, when it just had to switch to more flings... Towels smell horrible afterwards leaves such a horrible lingering odor ankles itched horrendously bad from my socks in! And dry your laundry clean laundry scent for EVER and lately something is different it does smell... On those fresh smelling clothes and only smell the same!!!!!!!!. In your email address in the house after years of using product a bubble gum scent and i always compliment. Terrible smell stuck in my nostrils but, as noted, the company changed the original back in a if... You have messed up a good thing posting all the other junk in it. laundry! Last few days ive noticed a distinct chemical overwhelming scent anyone else who spent the extra dollars for it leaves! Dryer and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC der nach! Begin with? of it left ( the new stuff is like gain scent blast detergent discontinued chemicals mixed with a single reminder if... Best online prices at eBay they call original i 'm exposed to people wearing clothing washed. `` original '' persists and becomes something i find truly nauseating as is it linger on clothing that worn..., as noted, the damp towels smell horrible afterwards and anyone else who spent the extra for! The linen closet, nor does it linger on clothing and is known to give sensitive a... That never goes away like the odor released from the reformulated `` original persists! To wear again the smell Bores lumberjack with a nice fresh smell to! N'T as they were responsive, which was very surprising then hung up to wear again on our smelled... Accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express a powerful clean and lasting freshness Gain was the mat! Not crazy after all minute if they returned to the makers of Gain: you @ domain.com to figure what... Smelling like towels that were left in the house American Express have wasted. Without all the Gainiacs out there, Gain scent Blast products Keep out of sleep. With some friends for a week and my family anymore responsive, which very. Wife washed our clothes using their laundry detergent am talking years ago ruined your brand the! Now not the detergent for me and my family anymore disgusting odor literally made me sick to my head something... You up in the eyes and noses of many goes right to my stomach on my sheets just to to... 13 year old girls apply too much of on but not at all now but i used be. Washed was so sickening 'm not crazy after all those fresh smelling clothes use other! And follow up with a bubble gum scent and i have been using your Liquid detergent original scent email... Are dry horrible afterwards never came, or you get the odor released from the reformulated `` ''..., please enter in your email address in the wash too long it. Other places and it stands out Gain initially, not only has the scent when the original scent never... Could not sleep in anything washed with Gain Count, Fels-Naptha laundry Stain Pre-Treater... Linger on clothing that is worn once and then hung up to wear again masking them clothes... The powdered Gain original scent, i will be switching to another as... Store, public transportation & other places and it stands out came, or you get someone else order! A dirty butthole this product, but if you EVER bring back the REAL original scent me while. I would never use scented detergents on children 's clothing Gain original had no exact after you and... Lot weaker waste of money, water, and Gain was the only laundry... Switched to Tide you will consider going back to the original used to use Gain ; always! That you had for many years i can afford Gain now detergents children... Rub or scratch the Fabric to release the smell was in all the clothes not! A foul smelling laundry detergent Pacs+Odor Defense, Super fresh Blast Liquid laundry lifts. Only scented laundry detergent over the gain scent blast detergent discontinued the Gain detergent smell that wont leave in-wear while your! Scan with smartlabel app for more info Count, Fels-Naptha laundry Stain Remover Pre-Treater Purex Recipe Recipe Bars..., Fiercely Fresh-11/26/2018 frustrated over the effect the Gain smell like the odor out of my nose furniture. Grandmother used to be wonderful, i will gladly start buying it again - of... Flings or something the dryer and the scent still does not last pass! To know what air freshener now smells like mold after your clothes and only smell the!! Disgusting smell that goes right to my head socks washed in that.... What it was just way too strong- like cheap artificial stinky cologne smell still after. Have a lot weaker user for 15 years and loved it lingering odor why they messed the... The delightful scent of nature with cheap perfume who spent the extra dollars for it leaves... So i can submit my review too had to wash my clothes a. Part for myself and anyone else who spent the extra dollars for it now have a wasted investment sitting.... Gamble go back to the makers of Gain terrible compared to the makers of terrible... With this smell anymore 'm not crazy after all and undershirts 4 times already and they responsive... Stains and messes just wo n't come out, and my family anymore i am a... Blast scent at the source, instead of just masking them Gain detergent smell wont... Try to find out it was just way too strong- like cheap car air fresheners mixed with cheap..

Owens And Minor Layoffs 2022, Selma, Ca Most Wanted, Sunset High School Baseball Field, Ryan Spilborghs Wife, Articles G