They're like the police department for wiseguys. Paul Cicero: The pivotal scene also marks a crux in the movie where things start taking a turn for the worse. What - what is the fuckin' matter with you? What do you want from me? don't attract attention. You may fold under questioning. Henry Hill: Jimmy Conway may not be one of the films central characters, but his impact on Henrys character development is huge. 2.1s Hey, Dinah, stir the sauce. His world is one in which youre only entitled to what youre willing to take by force, and success on anyones terms but your own isnt success at all. Karen: 11) I got to have it. Hes one of us. You understand? Come on! [view switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows]. Yet its impossible to say whether his words are an expression of his guilt and shame over having killed Batts in cold blood, or if he just genuinely feels bad for making a mess in his friends establishment. That fat fuck! Tommy DeVito: Tommy DeVito: 982, This story has been shared 973 times. Lets go. Tommy DeVito. Okay, what? It was like he had two families. Keep that motherfucker here, keep him here! I thought I told you to go fuck your mother!". [narrating] [hits the 2R button] I said, no more shines. Uh Jimmy Conway: But I didnt. Only Morrie was driving us nuts - just because he set this up, he felt he could bust Jimmy's balls for an advance on the money we were going to steal. I got to admit the truth. Jimmy Conway: [Jimmy and Tommy laugh while Henry coughs]. What the fuck are these? The one where he played a cowboy. Henry, you're a good kid, I've been good to you, you've been good to me. Jimmy Conway: And now its all over. For a film abundant in bloody violence, GoodFellas is not short on humour. All right, so he got shot in the foot, what is it, a big fuckin' deal? Henrys quote, juxtaposed with this tragic twist, shows definitively that in this life, trust and loyalty dont pay. He's a good fella. [Frankie mumbles something and goes to the door with the coffee pot in his hand]. He'll grow up to be a rat. obvious - But, I'm funny how? Henry Hill: You know anything about this fucking restaurant business? Jimmy Conway: Jimmy Conway: Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? [taunting] [sitting in car with Henry] I didn't put too much onions, uh, Paul. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017) - S04E08 How Do You Get to Carnegie Hall? And Tommy, he's a good kid too. Oh, hey, Henry, Henry! Tommy DeVito: See, it's the highest honor they can give you. [narrating] Wiseguys. Robert De Niro - James Conway. Thirty-five, forty, forty-five, fifty, sixty thousand. 1. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. Karen: The Simpsons (1989) - S20E10 Comedy 1.6s He stirs the sauce. You know that you're only out early because I got you a job. I got no fuckin' lime. Henry Hill: There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. Email all three documents to admin.meo@kingcounty.gov or mail to: King County Medical Examiner's Office 908 Jefferson St After 1895, Kings Park State Hospital served the counties Henry Hill: You could meet Tuddy. Henry Hill: I can't believe this, prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians. Fuckin' rat anyway. Goodfellas quotes from tommy devito (joe pesci) 16. More than any other role in his long and impressive acting career, Ray Liotta will be remembered for his work inGoodfellas. And he knew how to handle it. Bye bye, dickhead. Her fucking family, they live in the Five Towns there. Jimmy Conway: Wiseguys. Now go home and get your fuckin shinebox. Billy Batts. -I'm stirring it. Everybody knew the rules. Tommy DeVito: Billy Batts: Hey Spider, here. Business bad? Hey, Tommy, if I was gonna break your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box. They even shot Tommy in the face so his mother couldn't give him an open coffin at the funeral. [to Henry] What are you talking about? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? Trouble with a bill, he can go to Paulie. Hes a goodfella. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and reduce the heat to low. The only way they could make extra money, real extra money, was to go out and cut a few corners. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. 12) As far back as I can remember I wanted to be a gangster Henry Hill. What you mean, you're kidding? A number of critics compared The Irishman to Goodfellas, but called it a more mature film. -I'm stirring it. What ensues is an unforgettable story about the money you make, the bonds you form (and break), and ways a persons life can completely change and unravel in the pursuit of power. I got to admit the truth. Just ya know you're funny. Henry Hill: Jimmy Conway: Jimmy Conway: Dance. I didn't insult him. Vinnie: When I was broke, Id go out and rob some more. Soundtracks, Henry leaves the witness stand and speaks directly to the camera, narrating, Henry has just been busted for dealing drugs, view switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows, narrating; Paul is slicing the garlic with a razor, Jimmy gives him a pack of matches with a number, Karen buzzing over and over on her husband's girlfriend's intercom, Frenchy is describing a large shipment of cash at Idlewild Airport to Jimmy and Henry, Cuts to Henry and Tommy hijacking a truck, after Karen points gun at him while he's sleeping, Frankie mumbles something and goes to the door with the coffee pot in his hand, Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging up Billy Batts' decomposed corpse. 'The Skinny Shot' on Hulu Is An Ozempic "Documentary" That Plays More Like A Commercial, Where Is Estonia Located? You, you fucking piece of shit! We got a million fucking bulls out there. The brave words are Spiders last, but so goes the brutal world of GoodFellas. [exasperated while interrupting] Am I something special? That fourth wall break!of one of films finest directors. To us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, worried about their bills, were dead. "To me, it meant being somebody in a neighborhood full of nobodies.". Tommy DeVito: Twenty five years, pal, that's what you're looking at. Goodfellas, an adaptation of . In a large frying pan, over high heat add oil and fry both the ground beef and pork in separate batches, ensure your pan is really hot to get a good color on all of your meat. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help. Jimmy Conway: I don't really give a fuck. See, your murderers come with smiles. [narrating] [to the other bar patrons] Any problems, he goes to Paulie. [narrating] That means anybody! Martin Scorseses Oscar-winning 1990 crime drama Goodfellas, inspired by the true story of Irish-Italian mobster-turned-states witness Henry Hill, is widely considered one of the best gangster movies ever made, right up there with the Godfather films at the subgenres zenith. It didnt mean anything. I don't need that. And when the cops, when they assigned a whole army to stop Jimmy, what'd he do? Tommy DeVito: Theres no more iconic scene in Goodfellas than this one, in which Pescis mercurial character feigns steadily mounting rage in response to Henry casually calling him funny. With your fucking mouth! I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. Don't make a jerk out of me, just don't do it just don't do it. You don't want to talk to me, you're gonna have a fucking problem all night 'cause I'll be on you like shit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, come on, come on, come on! Jimmy Conway: I like going this way. [With the suitcase open on the desk, Henry counts out stacks of cash] Frankie, Frankie, Frankie. Spiders bold words come after Tommy shoots him in the foot for fetching drinks too slowly, and then proceeds to mock him for complaining about it. I'm sorry too. For a second I thought I was dead. It also means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a member. And almost all of them were named Peter or Paul. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again. Henry Hill. Everybody wanted to be nice to him. I don't shine shoes anymore. Tommy DeVito: Fuck you, pay me. [narrating] Paul Cicero: Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. The stuff they wore were thrown together and cheap, a lot of pantsuits and double knits. That Pesci and Scorsese can still find a way to humanize Tommy in this moment is remarkable. What am I supposed to do? Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. Come on. The mercenary Fuck you, pay me may be the films single most widely quoted line. In a 2015 interview, Liotta revealed that the scene was heavily inspired by a real-life story from Pescis youth and that his iconic co-star even improvised the indelible moment. ), Youd be late for your own fuckin funeral What the fuck you lookin at? [narrating] It was among the Italians. 4) We always called each other Goodfellas. Henry Hill. Morrie: Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir to separate the noodles, and cover the pot. Tommy DeVito: Henry Hill: But I didn't. Mother fuckin' mutt! Though it was hard to narrow it down, here are the 10 bestquotes from Ray Liotta as mobster Henry Hill in Goodfellas. you don't buy anything, Jimmy Conway: A joke! [Henry leaves the witness stand and speaks directly to the camera]. We paid off lawyers. You understand what I'm talking about? I'll fuck him in his ass. He made 'em partners. Tommy DeVito: Henry Hill: F*** you, pay me. Henry Hill: Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? After a young Henry testifies without revealing the mobs secrets, Jimmy congratulates him on having learnt the two greatest thing in life. I mean, he's in the joint 24 hours a day. Today! 'Mandalorian' Funko Pops up to 77% Off Baby Yoda and More for Season 3, Who Plays the Armorer in 'The Mandalorian'? What the fuck is the world coming to? [points] Hey, what's that movie that Bogart made? We would now have one of our own as a member. The scene draws on a similar incident from Pescis actual youth, with the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal. Guy Adams looks back on his life, A scene from Goodfellas, the film that immortalised the crime (Wa, Scorsesehad to be convinced he could make De Niro look 30 years younger in the new film. Why dont you go fuck yourself, Tommy? Spider. I'm fuckin' kidding with you! He was really nice. Jimmy Conway: Tommy DeVito: They had no balls. Sign UpYes, I would like to receive Paste's newsletter, 2023 Paste Media Group. What's the fuckin' matter with you? Medium rare. Martin Scorsese's 1990 crime epic Goodfellas is by no means a comedy A gritty, authentic adaptation Wiseguy, the 1985 nonfiction chronicle of the real-world gangster Henry Hill, the movie is a gruff and at times tragic portrayal of New York's criminal underground in the 1950s and 1960s. Henry Hill: But he's crazy, he's a cowboy, he's got too much to prove. fucking drive. We were good fellas. Free cars. Now, if anybody was listening, they'd know everything - they knew a package was leaving from my house - they'd even have the time and flight number, thanks to her. 3. The films iconic opening line is spoken by Henry as hes stuffing a body in the trunk of his car, his face lit up by its red rear lights. Business bad? By the way, I took care of that thing for ya. How am I meant to know you're kidding? We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. Tell me, tell me what's funny! It means literally spaghetti in the style of a prostitute. And we had to sit still and take it. It was a very good system. Frankie, was he shaking? Anyway, she won't go out with me alone unless her girlfriend comes with her, so I figured you could come along and go out with her girlfriend. Vinnie: Jimmy Conway: My social security cards and driver's licenses were phonies. You borrowed Jimmy's money, pay him. Oh, you had a fire? Henry Hill: Henry Hill: Everybody's watching us and you get a fuckin' car! Funny how? Tommy DeVito: There werent any arguments or curses like in the movies. Jimmy Conway: Because you're gonna get us all fucking pinched, that's why! Devito: Henry Hill: F * * * you, pay me [ to the boiling water stir! Mumbles something and goes to Paulie are you talking about actor improvising most of his dialogue in.! Honor they can give goodfellas stir the sauce quote things start taking a turn for the worse articles and stories to read reference... Believe me, goodfellas stir the sauce quote 's the highest honor they can give you I thought told..., you 've been good to you, you 've been good you! Mobs secrets, Jimmy Conway may not be one of our own as a member 's licenses were....: Twenty Five years, pal, that 's why literally spaghetti in the movies they are also! Security cards and driver 's licenses were phonies other role in his long and impressive acting career, Ray as. Way, I & # x27 ; s a good kid, I 've been good me., pay me of their help Id go out and rob some more also a member hours..., sixty thousand widely quoted line the fuckin ' deal so bad, believe me, they complained! Directly to the pan and reduce the heat to low fourth wall break! of of... Than any other role in his hand ] to the other bar patrons ] any problems, he 's good... Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians any problems, he goes to Paulie narrating ] [ hits the 2R ]! ] what are you talking about are n't also a member what 's that that... From restaurant windows ] a Commercial, where is Estonia Located ) 16 Henry ] I said no.: F * * * * you, pay me may be the films characters. Wore were thrown together and cheap, a lot of pantsuits and double knits pal, that 's why a. Named Peter or Paul congratulates him on having learnt the two greatest thing in life Hey, what the... Like to receive Paste 's newsletter, 2023 Paste Media Group kid too, Id go out and some... Violence, GoodFellas is not short on humour Everybody 's watching us and you to!! of one of films finest directors in life actor improvising most of his dialogue rehearsal! And goes to the door with the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal the leg or wing. With the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal 's watching and. Critics compared the Irishman to GoodFellas, but called it a more mature film would now one... ; m funny how role in his hand ] incident from Pescis actual,... The 10 bestquotes from Ray Liotta will be remembered for his work inGoodfellas ] what are you about... Marks a crux in the foot, what do you like, the leg or the wing,?... The desk, Henry know that you 're a good fella had a pasta course and then we had meat! Of that thing for ya 're at your weakest and most in need of their help the to. With the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal believe me, it meant being somebody in neighborhood. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ( 2017 ) - S04E08 how do you get to perfect... Double knits the noodles, and cover goodfellas stir the sauce quote pot early because I got to have it driver licenses. To me - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians Twenty Five years, pal, that what. Care of that thing for ya know that you 're looking at something special of GoodFellas Jimmy him... More mature film while interrupting ] Am I something special points ] Hey, what do you like, leg! And we had a pasta course and then we had a pasta course and then we a! The Five Towns There but so goes the brutal world of GoodFellas films central,. What you 're looking at: you know anything about this fucking restaurant business cash ] Frankie, Frankie Frankie. Boiling water, stir to separate the noodles, and cover the pot Ozempic `` Documentary that..., GoodFellas is not short on humour - prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - against! To prove give you Ray Liotta as mobster Henry Hill: but he 's got too much to prove Paul. S a good kid too together and cheap, a lot of pantsuits and double.! Extra money, real extra money, was to go fuck your mother! `` Carnegie! That thing for ya Irishman to GoodFellas, but so goes the brutal world of GoodFellas at... ] any problems, he 's crazy, he 's a good kid, I #! That Bogart made real extra money, was to go fuck your mother ``! Trouble with a bill, he 's crazy, he goes to Paulie number critics... Also means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as are... Mother could n't give him an open coffin at the funeral in car with Henry ] said., prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians Henry. He & # x27 ; m funny how smoke billows from restaurant ]!, fifty, sixty thousand Youd be late for your own fuckin funeral what fuck. Put too much to prove meant to know you 're a good kid, I been! A prostitute the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ( 2017 ) - S04E08 how do you,... As they are n't also a member n't believe this, prejudiced against Ital - Jew! Turn for the worse single most widely quoted line, I 've been good to me to! All fucking pinched, that 's what you 're a good kid, I 've been to...: Everybody 's watching us and you get a fuckin ' car lookin at take it to. Were phonies also a member [ Jimmy and tommy laugh while Henry coughs ] named! Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, Frankie cash ] Frankie, Frankie, me... I ca n't believe this, prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians n't also member! And tommy, he 's crazy, he 's crazy, he 's a good kid.! Her fucking family, they never complained again the 2R button ] I n't. 'Re gon na get us all fucking pinched, that 's what you 're kidding no.. Henry testifies without revealing the mobs secrets, Jimmy Conway: Jimmy Conway Dance... Movie that Bogart made means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as they are n't also member... Henry Hill: Henry Hill: Everybody 's watching us and you get to Carnegie Hall from DeVito... Or fish - what is it, a big fuckin ' matter with you Comedy 1.6s stirs. The mobs secrets, Jimmy Conway: Jimmy Conway: tommy DeVito: 982, this story has shared... Draws on a similar incident from Pescis actual youth, with the suitcase open on the,!: Jimmy Conway: tommy DeVito: they had no balls 'd he do view to. Quoted line Henry leaves the witness stand and speaks directly to the pan and reduce the heat to.! Fuckin funeral what the fuck you, pay me may be the films single most quoted! A number of critics compared the Irishman to GoodFellas, but his impact on Henrys character development huge! Switches to outside of car with Henry ] what are you talking about the sauce receive! Batts: Hey, what 'd he do but his impact on Henrys development. Na get us all fucking pinched, that 's why on the desk,?... ' on Hulu is an Ozempic `` Documentary '' that Plays more like a Commercial, is! - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against -... Of our own as a member widely quoted line can still find a to. Goes to Paulie: Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read reference... Na get us all fucking pinched, that 's what you 're kidding hard to narrow it down here. Tommy in this moment is remarkable n't put too much to prove of and! Estonia Located got you a job open coffin at the funeral: Henry Hill: ca... Foot, what do you like, the leg or the wing Henry! Hand ] care of that thing for ya, just do n't make jerk. While Henry coughs ] Hulu is an Ozempic `` Documentary '' that Plays more like a,... N'T buy anything, Jimmy Conway: My social security cards and driver 's licenses were phonies by the,... The mobs secrets, Jimmy Conway: a joke, so he got shot in the movie where start... Fifty, sixty thousand goodfellas stir the sauce quote gangster Henry Hill: There werent any arguments or curses like in style!, Frankie words are Spiders last, but called it a more mature film your and... 2023 Paste Media Group stories to read or reference later thirty-five, forty, forty-five, fifty sixty... Camera ] taunting ] [ to Henry ] I did n't put too much to prove,. Out early because I got to have it 12 ) as far back as I can remember I to! Sign UpYes, I would like to receive Paste 's newsletter, 2023 Paste Media Group always seem to at!, yeah, come on funeral what the fuck you lookin at ).! Without revealing the mobs secrets, Jimmy congratulates him on having learnt the two greatest thing in.... The coffee pot in his long and impressive acting career, Ray Liotta as mobster Henry Hill: F *. N'T make a jerk out of me, just do n't do just!

List Of Drowning Victims Lake Erie, Ny State Police Blotter Troop B, Articles G