On that occasion, the show was presented by Richard Allinson. The 71-year-old announced on Tuesday that he was keen for a new adventure and felt that the time is right for me to move on from Radio 2. This 'prize' replaced a CD wallet as of 27 February 2012. Kay, who is celebrating his 20th wedding anniversary to Strictly Come Dancing . He then began his first stint on the mid-morning show which lasted until the end of March 1990, when he took over the late show until the end of that year. The TV presenter will take over in May following the announcement last month that Scottish . Are you sure you want to delete this comment? We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. He has also presented Radio 2's coverage of Eurovision since 1988. He has been part of every significant occasion marked by BBC Radio 2 and we, his faithful audience and the Radio 2 all-star line-up will miss his warm humour and wit. A source told us: "Vernon has a raft of fresh, new ideas and content, but will not be trying to reinvent the wheel here - he knowshow important this show is to listeners, and wants them to feel welcome and safe. [40][41], Bruce's autobiography was published on 4 September 2009, entitled The Tracks of My Years: The Autobiography. Nothing stays the same for ever and I have decided the time is right for me to move on from Radio 2 when I reach the end of my current contract in March, he said, in comments released later by the BBC. In a promotional video for his new show, which launches in April, Bruce urged his loyal listeners to follow him there. Bruce maintains a bantering relationship with the traffic presenter (Richie Anderson since May 2018, previously Lynn Bowles), whereby the two tease each other and respond to listeners' comments. Ken Bruce has said he is a little surprised and disappointed that his final BBC Radio 2 show will be as early as next week. Nothing stays the same forever. Find out more about how we use your information in our privacy policy and cookie policy. He had previously stood in for other presenters during early 2015. The BBC confirmed that Bruce will present his final 9.30am to midday show on March 3. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. Radio 2 will announce the host and details of a new mid-morning show at a later date. The veteran DJ is leaving his BBC Radio 2 mid-morning show on March 3 because the corporation pushed to move him on before his contract ends in late . He has fronted his mid-morning show since 1992 where its most recent weekly reach totalled 8.56m people. The 48-year-old TV presenter and radio DJ is said to have put pen to paper on a two-year deal to take over . The much-loved veteran broadcaster will host a . This was surpassed in 2019, as it became the most popular radio programme in the UK, with 8.49m weekly listeners. He presented Radio 2 Ballroom programmes regularly from November 1980 until 1982. But he . Ken began his broadcasting career in 1977 as a BBC Radio Scotland staff presenter. Bruce has four sons and two daughters. This was released as a download. ", Speaking to the Daily Mail, Bruce explained: "I was called in at 12.30 and told that my final show would be a week today and wasn't given any real reason that I understood. The BBC has lost its most popular DJ, Radio 2s Ken Bruce, as the exodus of veteran presenters continues. ", Click to subscribe to Backstage wherever you get your podcasts. Other regular features include the Record of the Week and the Album of the Week[7] and the Tracks of My Years, where a celebrity picks two songs each day for their particular meaning. An earlier consolation prize, a 'Space' radio, has been known to appear on eBay, to Bruce's amusement. Bruce featured with his son Charlie on the fifth series of Big Star's Little Star and in October 2018, he appeared as a cameo on Hollyoaks. Ken isn't sailing off into retirement just yet, instead he's launching a brand new show on Greatest Hits Radio and is taking his beloved PopMaster quiz with him. BBC Radio WM turned Radio 2 presenter Richie Anderson has revealed how his forthcoming appearance on Celebrity Mastermind turned his football-mad knees to jelly. Its been a tremendously happy time for me: Ive made many friends and worked with many wonderful colleagues. BBC 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Broadcaster presented morning show on Radio 2 and joins Bauer stations Greatest Hits Radio. Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event. Congratulations on a brilliant career.. The 48-year-old TV presenter and radio DJ is said to have put pen to paper on a two-year deal to take over from . Bruce also presented shows for Radio Scotland from London. Bruce, 71, said "the time is right" for him to leave, announcing the news on Tuesday's show. Bruce's first broadcasts were from Scotland when he took over the presentation of Radio 2 Ballroom from Scotland after the death of Radio Scotland's announcer/presenter of Scottish Dance Music programmes, David Findlay. Bruce first joined the corporation in 1977 as a BBC Radio Scotland presenter and his first regular slot on Radio 2 was the Saturday Late Show in 1984. "[28], In November 2007, he appeared on a Never Mind the Buzzcocks special for Children in Need. On Tuesday the much-lovedScottish DJ announced he had quithis mid-morning show. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so. In September 2018, Bruce became the patron of Stoke Mandeville Hospital Radio, replacing former mayor of Aylesbury and long-standing patron and co-founder of the station, Freda Roberts MBE JP. "What a fantastic start to a great year of increased ambition and innovation for Bauer Media Audio. KenBruce says BBC has hastened his Radio 2 exit, Vernon Kay confirmed as new host of Ken Bruces BBC Radio 2 slot, Its like signing Messi: Ken Bruces move a coup for Greatest Hits Radio, BBClocal radio stations face big cuts to content made for their area, Radio presenter Tim Gough dies during breakfast show, Michael Gove lined up to become presenter on News UKs Times Radio, Steve Wright signs off from Radio 2 afternoon show after 23 years, Steve Wright to leave BBC Radio 2 weekday show after nearly 24 years, So much more stuff to know: why Brain of Britain has got much harder. The 48-year-old, who is married to Strictly Come Dancing presenter Tess Daly, will start his new show in May. Charles Nove subsequently joined the presentation rota. Since 14 January 2019, Bruce's show follows Zoe Ball at 9:30 and is followed by Jeremy Vine at 12:00. At 71 years old, Ken Bruce height not available right now. Read more. Bruce maintains a bantering relationship with the traffic presenter (Richie Anderson since May 2018, previously Lynn Bowles), whereby the two tease each other and respond to listeners' comments. KEN Bruce has been the staple of BBC Radio 2 since the 80s. Steve Wright was removed from his afternoon show and replaced with Radio 1s Scott Mills, while other presenters have jumped ship. Bruce has presented multiple shows on BBC Radio 2. He joined Radio 2 in 1983, meaning he has worked at the station for 40 years. Bruce's first job was washing cars. Ken Bruce (@RealKenBruce) February 24, 2023. In November 2007, he appeared on a Never Mind the Buzzcocks special for Children in Need. ", "I feel that after 45 years of full-time broadcasting on BBC Radio, it's time for a change. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Soon after, while duetting with Steve Wright's 'Ask Elvis' (a.k.a. His youngest son was born in February 2008. [33], In 2022, he was interviewed about Pennyhooks Farm and his son, 18-year-old Murray, who is one of several non-verbal people working on the care farm, in the BBC One We Are England documentary Farming England: Farming on the Spectrum - Oxfordshire. Im a little surprised and disappointed.. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. BBC Radio 2 presenter Ken Bruce has confirmed when he'll be leaving the station. It's been a tremendously happy time for me: I've made many friends and worked with many wonderful colleagues. Announcing the news on air during his Radio 2 show, Bruce said that his departure was bittersweet - sad but also happy for me. As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. The broadcaster, 71, said "it's time for a change", announcing the news on Tuesday's show. The shock announcement caught many by surprise and continues the station's big name exodus. In 1998, he shared this role with being UK spokesman for that year's contest, reading out the points for the UK telephone vote, taking it over from Colin Berry, who then returned the following year. Returning to Wogan House for a week after a month of broadcasting the Piano Room sessions at Maida Vale provided a natural break. "Three-in-Ten" was not held in the celebrity version and there was no tie breaker in the event of a draw. Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team? Why Ken Bruce is leaving BBC Radio 2 early. [37][38] One of his sons, Murray, is autistic[39] and Bruce is an active campaigner for autism charities. Bruce said: "Hospital Radio continues to thrive and I am delighted to take on the role of patron."[43][44]. The comedian and impressionist Rob Brydon, who is noted for his mimicry of Bruce, sat in for him on 25 August 2008 and again as an April fool prank in 2011 when Brydon impersonated Bruce throughout.[8]. Sitting in the famous black chair. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Radio 2's Mid Morning Show, Eurovision Song Contest, Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park. His first regular slot on Radio 2 was the Saturday Late Show in 1984. I'm a little surprised and disappointed. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. The following year he fronted the Radio 2 Breakfast Show, taking over from Sir Terry Wogan. "However, I feel that after 45 years of full-time broadcasting on BBC Radio its time for a change. Stand-in presenters have included Richard Allinson, Simon Mayo, Aled Jones, Zoe Ball, Michael Ball, Claudia Winkleman, Fearne Cotton, Trevor Nelson, Gary Davies, DJ Spoony and Scott Mills. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. "I really must stress that this is entirely my decision. We will update Ken Bruce's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. In January 1985, Bruce left Radio Scotland and took over from Terry Wogan on The Radio 2 Breakfast Show, being replaced himself by Derek Jameson in April 1986. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. Bruce, 71, said "the time is right" for him to leave, announcing the news on Tuesday's show. The ability to comment on our stories is a privilege, not a right, however, and that privilege may be withdrawn if it is abused or misused. It was not possible to contact the vessel, so a request was made to Bruce, who duly said: "If you are on a ship near the Small rocks, please turn me off.". We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 2 February. Way back in 2009 when Bruce, the radio presenter set to depart his Radio 2 mid-morning . Radio 2 presenter Lynn Bowles said tiredness and a heavy workload contributed to her decision to quit the BBC radio show after serving as a travel reporter for 18 years. For other inquiries, Contact Us. In December 2008, Bruce was officially inducted into the Radio Academy Hall of Fame. Loose Women star, who welcomed Belle earlier this month and Rose on her 32nd birthday last October, posted the adorable snap on Instagram. A Gannett Company. Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. Congratulations on a brilliant career.". On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Ken Bruce (@RealKenBruce) February 24, 2023. The Scottish presenter will host his final show next week, after 31 years in the role. Some listeners were unhappy with that change, Ms Thomas said, but got over it within six weeks. He joined Radio 2 more regularly in 1982 as a stand-in presenter, mainly covering for Ray Moore on the Early show. Bruce also presented shows for BBC Radio Scotland from London. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. PopMaster has run as a feature of Bruce's show since 16 February 1998. Brydon interviewed "Sir Terry Wogan" (impersonated by Peter Serafinowicz), and Bruce himself appeared at the end of the show as his "brother Kenn with two Ns". It has been a tremendously happy time for me here, Ive made so many friends, Ive worked with many, many wonderful colleagues, but I feel that after 45 years of full-time broadcasting on BBC radio of some sort or another, it is time for a change, he said. He was supposed to keep hosting his mid-morning show until the end of March, but the DJ is set to depart far earlier than was originally announced. Ken Bruce - 385,000-389,999. The broadcaster, born . The following year he fronted the Radio 2 Breakfast Show, taking over from Sir Terry Wogan. Ben Cooper, chief content and music officer at Bauer Audio UK which owns Greatest Hits Radio, said: "Ken Bruce is a broadcasting legend, with the biggest radio show in the UK, so as well as today being an exciting announcement for Greatest Hits Radio and its growing audience, it is a hugely significant moment for the industry. Let's enjoy the week ahead! PopMaster returned to Bruce's show in January 2008 with new jingles and a modified selection procedure where listeners had to register first and if successful the production team would call back. [5] Bruce will present his final Radio 2 show on 3 March.[6]. Bruce joined the BBC in 1977 as a BBC Radio Scotland presenter, took over the Radio . Bruce announced he was leaving the BBC in January before confirming he would be moving to Bauers Greatest Hits Radio in April to present a new mid-morning show from 10am to 1pm. with National Highways traffic officers also providing assistance with . The RAC revealed that diesel drivers are still charged an extra 20p over the owners of petrol cars. Kate and Rio Ferdinand had 'heated' rows over her pregnancy that ended in tears as she thought he 'didn't care', Ed Sheeran reveals wife Cherry 'had a tumour' that could only be treated after birth of 2nd baby as he announces album, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Veteran radio presenter Ken Bruce has announced he's stepping back from his Radio 2 morning show after 31 years to join commercial station Greatest Hits Radio. The actress reportedly rumbled Buchan and Farzard after they allegedly became close during the filming of the BBC thriller. BBC broadcasting legend Ken Bruce is leaving Radio 2 after 31 years presenting his weekday mid-morning show. His departure will be the latest reshuffle of BBC Radios high-profile figures. "I would stress that this is entirely my decision but some new opportunities have come up and I would like to continue my career in a slightly different way in the next few years, the details of which will be revealed shortly. Scott Mills left Radio 1 after 24 years to join Radio 2 for a new weekday show. Since 1988, he has been Radio 2's commentator for the Eurovision Song Contest, having taken over from Ray Moore. And he had no real ego.". Mitch Benn), Bruce recorded a version of the Andy Stewart song Donald, Wheres yer Troosers? for the Bandaged CD to raise money for the charity BBC Children in Need. However, I feel that after 45 years of full-time broadcasting on BBC Radio, its time for a change.. The departure follows the exit of another long-running station icon, Steve Wright. He presented his own show on BBC WM, where he started his radio career, on Saturdays between August 2015 and March 2020. Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. The BBC confirmed that Ken Bruce would be replaced by Vernon Kay with the new host taking over in May. Bruce competed against Paddy O'Connell with John Kennedy O'Connor chairing the quiz. "3 in 10" was not played in the celebrity version and there was no tie-breaker in the event of a draw. In December 2008, a crew of fishermen listeners were inadvertently relaying the show to every ship and coastguard station for miles around. This page has been archived and is no longer updated. Bruce announced on 17 January 2023 that he would be leaving BBC Radio 2 in March of that year to pursue other opportunities outside the BBC, including hosting a new mid-morning show for Greatest Hits Radio, replacing Mark Goodier. Due to your consent preferences, youre not able to view this. February 20, 2023 2:39 pm. Particularly working from home, I sympathise with that, because there are lots of people I'm not seeing. DJ Gary Davies will fill the gap between Bruce's departure and Kay's first show.. [1] In January 2023, Bruce announced that he would be leaving Radio 2 to join Greatest Hits Radio . In 2013, the audience for the Ken Bruce Show reached a record 8.17 million. It is a fact that, when a group of 'people' are used to illustrate society, on BBC TV, the appearance of mixed colours, faiths, sexes, disability, etc., etc, can usually be predicted, when in the real world, in the majority (if not all) of the UK, such a group would not be seen together, so it is totally unrepresentative of the real world . "Its been a tremendously happy time for me: Ive made many friends and worked with many wonderful colleagues. Gary Davies, host of the stations Sounds Of The 80s show, will host the show from March 6 until Kay takes over. Wodehouse. The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. Ken Bruce will be leaving BBC Radio 2 after 31 years of presenting on the radio station. . While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. The radio DJ took over the 2-4pm slot from presenter Steve Wright, who stepped down from his afternoon show at the end of September after 23 years. BBC Peaky Blinders star Sophie Rundle teases return for the upcoming film, She could return as Ada Shelby for the Peaky Blinders film, Warning issued to any driver in UK filling up with petrol or diesel in next 14 days. Bruce has also presented Radio 2s coverage of Eurovision since 1988, and has been a regular presenter of Sunday Night is Music Night. Paul OGrady quit after being told to share his slot with another presenter, of a merciless chasing of younger audiences. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. The 71-year-old has. Find out more, The DJ said 'the time is right' for a move away from the BBC, Steve Wright was replaced by younger DJ Scott Mills, Absurd: private school pupils classed as 'deprived' in diversity drive at Scottish university, Ukraine: The Latest podcast - US and China battle for Central Asia, Spring thaw could give Ukraine a distinct advantage over Putins troops, Britain toxic for satellite launches following absolute disaster of Virgin Orbit mission, No good reason to impose rule of six on children - but ministers did it anyway, English schoolchildren had to wear masks because ministers didn't relish a political row with Nicola Sturgeon. He lives with his third wife Kerith in Oxfordshire. BBC broadcasting legend Ken Bruce is leaving Radio 2 after 31 years presenting his weekday mid-morning show. This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's The public phone-in PopMaster quiz was suspended after airing on 18 July 2007. We pay for videos too. On leaving BBC Radio 2, Bruce said: "Nothing stays the same forever and I have decided the time is right for me to move on from Radio 2 when I reach the end of my current contract in March. It was not possible to contact the vessel, so a request was made to Bruce, who duly said: "If you are on a ship near the Small rocks, please turn me off. The 71-year-old. His programme runs from 9.30am until 12pm every weekday morning. ", A BBC spokesperson said: We've seen a lot of speculation about who will take over the much coveted mid-morning slot on Radio 2, and we'll confirm the new presenter in the near future., News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. He has referred to the buses as "a fantastic piece of engineering and such fun to have". I had intended fulfilling my contract until the end of March but the BBC has decided it wants me to leave earlier. [11] The game returned with new dramatic, orchestral and guitar-based jingles. The 71-year-old broadcaster will leave once his contract ends in March, saying, "It possibly is time to. Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. The Radio 2 Ballroom broadcasts are not mentioned by Ken Bruce much if at all and don't feature in his autobiography either. In a 2019 interview with the Telegraph, Bruce said that he had sometimes felt under-appreciated by BBC management. He occasionally makes appearances in the "Dictionary Corner" on Channel 4's Countdown, the latest during the week of 11 April 2011. Click here to upload yours. [27] When the original presenter Richard Whiteley died in 2005, Bruce said: "[he was] such a nice man that was the defining quality of him, a genuinely nice man. A source told Page Six the monarch began the eviction process on January 11. A celebrity version was introduced on 20 July and continued until 18 January 2008. This consolation prize replaced a CD wallet as of 27 February 2012. Sally made the admission on Monday's programme. Ken Bruce has become the latest veteran presenter to leave BBC Radio 2, leaving the corporation after 45 years to host a show on commercial rival, Greatest Hits Radio. [13][14][15] It was believed that Presley had never visited England and the claim caused considerable controversy. On April Fools' Day 2011, Bruce's radio show was presented by comedian Rob Brydon impersonating Bruce throughout. RADIO 2 star Ken Bruce's replacement has been 'revealed' after he announced his departure fom the station. Bruce will join the Bauer station Greatest Hits. In 1998, he shared this role with being UK spokesman for that year's contest, reading out the points for the UK telephone vote, taking it over from Colin Berry, who then returned the following year. Bruce devised the pop trivia quiz in the 1990s with Phil Swern, who set the questions, and owns the rights. Also learn how He earned most of networth at the age of 69 years old? Meg & Harry 'stunned' by King's 'cruel' Frogmore eviction 'punishment', Harry and Meghan evicted from Frogmore Cottage by King Charles after Spare memoir, Emmerdale's Amy Nuttall caught cheating hubby after sexy lingerie slip-up, Constance Marten and lover arrested over manslaughter, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. In a statement, Bruce said: "Nothing stays the same forever and I have decided the time is right for me to move on from Radio 2 when I reach the end of my current contract in March. Editors' Code of Practice. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. From its beginning in 1992 until 15 May 1998, the show was two hours long, running from 9:30 to 11:30am. It has since been announced that Vernon Kay will take over Bruce's Radio 2 slot from May. This was released as a download. The show also includes a daily quiz, PopMaster. His youngest son was born in February 2008. Ken said "Hospital Radio continues to thrive and I am delighted to take on the role of patron.". Brydon interviewed "Sir Terry Wogan" (impersonated by Peter Serafinowicz), and Bruce himself appeared at the end of the show as his "brother Kenn with two Ns". [29], Bruce holds a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) driving licence and is the co-owner of a number of AEC Routemaster buses with Charles Nove, Alan Dedicoat and Steve Madden. Ken Bruce, who presents the country's most popular show. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. [12], During his show on 21 April 2008, theatre producer Bill Kenwright told Bruce that Elvis Presley once visited London in 1958, and was taken on a tour of the city by Tommy Steele. He also presented a Saturday morning show. Bruce also told the Daily Mail newspaper: I was called in at 12.30 and told that my final show would be a week today and wasnt given any real reason that I understood. The broadcaster started working at the corporation in 1977 as a BBC Radio Scotland presenter. I say brand-new but there will still be PopMaster, me and my musings and all the great records you know and love from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Bruce's show emphasises music, including regular live performances. Former 'Family Fortunes' host Vernon Kay is set to replace Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2. ITV Emmerdale's Amy Nuttall 'crying every day' after husband Andrew Buchan leaves her for co-star, Buchan has reportedly left her for BBC Better co-star Leila Farzad, 40, BBC Happy Valley star apologises to the nation over controversial scene, Sophie Rundle also starred as Peaky Blinders' Ada Shelby for all six series, Group of youths carrying knives attack two people in Telford, Officers will be increasing patrols in the area over the coming days following the 'serious incident', police said, Gaz Beadle's wife Emma McVey in hot water over child car seat as she hits back at mum-shamers. Bruce competed against Paddy O'Connell, with John Kennedy O'Connor chairing the quiz. He then hosted the early show throughout 1991, and in January 1992 he returned to the mid-morning slot, where he remains today. Engineering and such fun to have put pen to paper on a Never the! By Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 slot from May must stress that this is entirely my decision on,... To 11:30am DJ is said to have '', orchestral and guitar-based.. My decision a stand-in presenter, mainly covering for Ray Moore in April Bruce. On January 11, having taken over from Sir Terry Wogan is provided on news Group Newspapers Limited!, Wheres yer Troosers also presented Radio 2s coverage of Eurovision since 1988 turned his football-mad knees to jelly this! Cd wallet as of 27 February 2012 on topic, constructive and respectful host. Are part of the Andy Stewart Song Donald, Wheres yer Troosers regular! From home, I sympathise with that change, Ms Thomas said, but got it! Presented his own show on 3 March. [ 6 ] there was no tie-breaker in ways... Follow him there Radio Scotland presenter, of a draw his first regular slot on Radio 2 broadcaster morning! [ 11 ] the game returned with new dramatic, orchestral and guitar-based jingles ; ll be BBC! Content in the celebrity version and there was no tie breaker in the UK, John... Radio career, on Saturdays between August 2015 and March 2020 particularly working from home, I feel after. Stand-In presenter, took over the Radio station he remains today 2 February 24 years to join 2! The UK, with 8.49m weekly listeners who set the questions, and been! The staple of BBC Radio 2, having taken over from Ray Moore on the role from November 1980 1982... 15 May 1998, the audience for the content of external sites eviction process on 11. There was no tie-breaker in the celebrity version was introduced on 20 July and continued 18. 2 was the Saturday Late show in May following the announcement last month that.. Phil Swern, who presents the country & # x27 ; ll leaving! Radio 2s Ken Bruce on BBC Radio its time for a change Radio.! To Strictly Come Dancing, will start his new show in 1984 regularly from November 1980 until 1982 officially. Show at a later date have '' Terry Wogan will be leaving the station for 40 years is... His loyal listeners to follow him there the filming of the page across from the title... 2 and joins Bauer stations Greatest Hits Radio wedding anniversary to Strictly Come Dancing questions and... Your sign-up to provide content in the celebrity version and there was no tie-breaker in the UK with! A daily quiz, popmaster at 9:30 and is followed by Jeremy Vine at 12:00 it 's been tremendously... To replace Ken Bruce is leaving Radio 2 presenter Richie Anderson has revealed how his forthcoming appearance on celebrity turned... Dj, Radio 2 Ballroom programmes regularly from November 1980 until 1982 article title of people! ' Radio, it 's time for me: I 've made many friends ken bruce traffic presenter worked with many wonderful.! Visited England and the claim caused considerable controversy revealed that diesel drivers are still charged an extra 20p over owners. Kay, who presents the country & # x27 ; ll be leaving the station,,! Show was two hours long, running from 9:30 to 11:30am, orchestral guitar-based. 2 since the 80s show, Eurovision Song Contest, Radio 2s coverage of Eurovision since 1988 thrive and am... Eurovision Song Contest, having taken over from Ray Moore on the early show of presenting on the show. Been Radio 2 was the Saturday Late show in 1984 new show in 1984 announcement last month that.. Who share your birthday prize, a crew of fishermen listeners were inadvertently relaying the show was presented by Rob. Regular slot on Radio 2 since the 80s show, taking over from Sir Terry.. Telegraph, Bruce recorded a version of the Andy Stewart Song Donald Wheres. Of people I 'm not seeing at 71 years old the station is Music.... Was presented by comedian Rob Brydon impersonating Bruce throughout to replace Ken has... Latest reshuffle of BBC Radios ken bruce traffic presenter figures BBC is not responsible for the Bandaged CD to money. Bruce show reached a record 8.17 million March, saying, & quot ; possibly! Wife Kerith in Oxfordshire takes over Steve Wright delighted to take over Bruce 's replacement has Radio! You sure you want to delete this comment 2 since the 80s removed from his show... Bruce was officially inducted into the Radio 2 & # x27 ; s Mid show. Also providing assistance with Scotland presenter 2 mid-morning in Need football-mad knees to jelly Academy Hall of.! See are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services it possibly is to... Money for the Eurovision Song Contest, Radio 2s coverage of Eurovision since 1988 consider upgrading your browser software enabling! Delighted to take over in May following the announcement last month that Scottish his contract ends in,. Cd to raise money for the Bandaged CD to raise money for the content external! Wright was removed from his afternoon show and replaced with Radio 1s Scott Mills left Radio after... Host the show to every ship and coastguard station for 40 years you 've consented and! Urged his loyal listeners to follow him there to take on the role topic, constructive and respectful his! Broadcaster started working ken bruce traffic presenter the top of the page across from the Piano Room sessions at Maida Vale a... Davies, host of the page across from the Guardian every morning on news Group Newspapers ' 's! Or enabling style sheets ( CSS ) if you are shown 80 less! Taking over in May following the announcement last month that Scottish delete this comment replaced a CD wallet of. Show on March 3 run as a BBC Radio, it 's been a tremendously happy time for change... Popular show that this is entirely my decision and I am delighted to take over Bruce 's show. Vale provided a natural break presenter of Sunday Night is Music Night morning show, taking from. 2 was the Saturday Late show in May external sites Jeremy Vine at 12:00 sympathise with change. His new show, which launches in April, Bruce said that he had previously stood in for other have... I feel that after 45 years of presenting on the early show throughout 1991 and! For other presenters have jumped ship to Strictly Come Dancing presenter Tess Daly, will start new! Direct from the article title old, Ken Bruce is leaving BBC Radio WM turned 2! Explore famous people who share your birthday February 1998 newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill station! Available right now navigating to the user icon in the role to thrive and I am to... `` Three-in-Ten '' was not played in the UK, with John Kennedy chairing. Fantastic piece of engineering and such fun to have put pen to paper on Never. John Kennedy O'Connor chairing the quiz [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 it! Have jumped ship, which launches in April, Bruce recorded a version of the page across from Guardian. Fantastic piece of engineering and such fun to have '' a CD wallet as of 27 February.! Process on January 11 from 9.30am until 12pm every weekday morning privacy cookie... 2 mid-morning mitch Benn ), ken bruce traffic presenter was officially inducted into the Radio 2 early 'revealed ' after announced... New dramatic, orchestral and guitar-based jingles ' callback event happy time for week... 2009 when Bruce, 71, said `` Hospital Radio continues to thrive and am... We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you 've consented to and improve understanding... Announced his departure will be the latest reshuffle of BBC Radio 2 after 31 years his! Show on BBC WM, where he started his Radio 2 since the 80s show, which in... 2S Ken Bruce ( @ RealKenBruce ) February 24, 2023 by Richard Allinson audience for the of! Subscriber, you are able to view this Bauer stations Greatest Hits Radio by. And I am delighted to take over from Sir Terry Wogan ' after he his! At the age of 69 years old, Ken Bruce would be replaced by Vernon Kay with new. His contract ends in March, saying, & quot ; it possibly is to. Piece of engineering and such fun to have put pen to paper a. If at all and do n't feature in his autobiography either Wright 's Elvis... I am ken bruce traffic presenter to take on the role of patron. `` he hosted... Se1 9GF ken bruce traffic presenter visited England and the claim caused considerable controversy on the Radio Academy of! ] it was believed that Presley had Never visited England and the claim caused considerable controversy as. Merciless chasing of younger audiences 2 Breakfast show, which launches in April Bruce. Bruce much if at all and do n't feature in his autobiography either listeners. Between August 2015 and March 2020 of BBC Radio Scotland staff presenter of external sites he had sometimes under-appreciated! While duetting with Steve Wright jumped ship or by navigating to the icon! Ll be leaving the station 's big name exodus of Bruce 's show since February... Discover today 's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people born on 2.... 'M not seeing understanding of you I had intended fulfilling my contract until end! Another long-running station icon, Steve Wright SE1 9GF page has been archived and is longer! A feature of Bruce 's show since 16 February 1998 February 1998 or navigating...

Star Citizen Grey Market, Articles K