that gets more people on the field, and were not going to be as tired. Its going to be tough for sure. Kingswood football highlights Epping High School. Ashton, a former tennis player, is a senior manager with the football team. 0 Athletes/Coaches received Honors in 2021-2022. Youre going to have guys that only play offense and guys that are only going to play defense, but theyll mix in to play special teams. Chapuseaux, Kristy. 281-641-6900. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading. Youre going to see guys getting off blocks and doing their jobs. Don't Miss Any Exclusive Coverage! Ronnie Melton working with the Kingwood linebackers during fall camp to start the 2021-2022 season. DAVIDSON, N.C. - Coming off their third consecutive FCS Playoff appearance, Davidson Football head coach Scott Abell and his staff have once again put together an accomplished recruiting class. 4015 Woodland Hills Drive. Youre going to see us some more in some three receiver sets, even what we call ten personnel which is one back doubles and trips, so three by one and two by two. We met with the juniors and seniors, too.. KHS Baseball Coach Kelly Mead wins his 400th! As of 2009-2010, the Apollo football program is headed up by Coach Devin Heasley, and Coordinators Isaiah Johnson (Defense) and Jeff Whitehall (Offense). Kingwood High School head football coach Cale Melton talks about the Mustangs' 2-0 start to the 2022 TXSHFB season. Scholarships for Graduating SeniorsThe Humble ISD Education Foundation offers several scholarships for graduating seniors. 6 of 9 7 of 9. Thats going to give us a little more depth. A Houston Chronicle reporter and photographer joined the Northeastern Trail Riders Association to document the highlights and challenges of life on the trail during the group's 108-mile journey to the 2023 Houston Father, son coaching duo at Kingwood rebuilding program, Black trail riders head to Houston rodeo parade after grueling, joyful 6-day journey, Jason Fochtman, Houston Chronicle / Staff photographer, Yainer Diaz becomes first Astros hitter to violate new MLB rules, In Fertitta's members-only club, where photos, media are banned, Houston ISD to face TEA state takeover, Turner says, What a state takeover of HISD could mean for parents, students, Study: Low-calorie sweetener linked to heart attack, stroke risk, Opinion: 'Dilbert' readers can discern the wheat from the chaff, Popular breakfast taco spot in Houston announces a comeback, 750-home agrihood with farm, car-free zones breaks ground. Freshmen Tennis Deer Park Tournament, 4:30 PM Highland Park's defensive coordinator Cale Melton took over and led the Mustangs through the 2020 season for his first year at Kingwood. Joseph has served for 30 years at the school, including 22 years as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator, according to the Katy High School Booster Club. Thats part of the leadership we are going to bring to Kingwood High School.. We always talk about being accountable and being able to pride yourself on doing the little things right. Claim your team to manage the roster, schedule, scores, stats and more. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. I hope everyone is excited for all the upcoming sporting events for Kingwood High School. An inside linebacker and tight end at Atlanta, Cale went on to play football and run track at McMurry University. Our vision is building champions, champions in the academic realm, champions on the athletic field, and champions in the community. More. Kingwood Mustangs at all levels are ready to tackle the new season. #THEPARK #FAMILY. Over the past few seasons Kingwood has been a run-heavy offense where the quarterback is usually under center. Varsity Kingwood High School. My thing is this, its been working. He served as an offensive coordinator under his dad at Atlanta, spent three years as a defensive coordinator at Nevada Community High School near Rockwall, one year at Abilene Cooper and three years as the inside linebacker coach and two more as a defensive coordinator at Highland Park in Dallas before taking over Kingwoods program. From that we will have other pass progressions that well get into. In 2018, the Generals won the TCL Championship and Michael was named Coach of the Year. KHS Coaches Directory. How do you think your successful defensive style will impact Kingwood? The thing about it is that the North Shores and Atascocitas are all great programs and great teams in the district. ON HOUSTONCHRONICLE.COM: Football: Kingwood Parks Adrien commits to Houston as preferred walk-on, We talked about what our vision is, said Melton, who comes from Dallas-area state power Highland Park, where he served as a defensive coordinator. Final sale: Multiple Tuesday Morning stores in Houston closing, Why DeMeco Ryans blended coaching vets with youngish Texans staff, Smith: Texans' quest for 'bona fide QB' reveals thinking on Mills, Rachel Torres continues building girls soccer program at Humble, Astros' Justin Dirden continues to turn heads with strong spring, NFL players survey gives Houston Texans surprisingly high grades. User Options. in Journalism. Kingwood High School | Football |Track | C/O '23 |5'10 |40-4.48 |ATH | NCAA ID# 2203458461 |100m-10.91 |3.3 GPA |District 21-6a Honorable Mention Cornerback | . We need to have a strong start and give our kids confidence going into district, Melton said. Were going to have circuits Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to work on those. We are going to play fast and were going to swarm which means we are going to get to the football. You will probably see more man coverage. As the combine starts, the Texans are on the clock and the pressure mounts to solve their quarterback problem, writes Brian T. Smith. Were also going to emphasize running to the football. Invite the coach I hope everyone is looking forward to the start of a great football season. Thats what impresses me the most with how far hes come.. Final sale: Multiple Tuesday Morning stores in Houston closing, Bellaire City Library offers up extended hours, Creole Fest, art show coming up in north Houston suburbs, Memorial Villages Police Department weekly report. It is also great to see all the new coaches and the alignments to take our team to the next level? We are going to bring our core values, our vision, excitement, enthusiasm, and were going to fly around. Contact Information: Ruben Torres III. Thats when he turned to his dad, who was coaching at Crockett, which is located north of Huntsville, at the time. 6. Youre going to see us flying around. Kingwood High is one of the top high schools in the state academically and athletically because of the administrative, parental and community involvement, along with our exemplary student-athletes. Kingwood head coach Cale Melton yells at referees during the fourth quarter of a non-district high school football game at Woodforest Bank Stadium, Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, in Shenandoah. Honors. We were able to connect with some of the athletes of today and our past to learn what kept them going on the journey to college sports " Now That Youve Seen Me Naked - Relationships Uncovered, University Of Houston: University Of Houston Receives Nearly $3M In Federal Funding For Technology Bridge Upgrades, University Of Houston: Artificial Intelligence With A Human Touch, University Of Houston: DOE Encourages Gulf Coast-Focused Regional Clean Hydrogen Hub Proposal, LSC : Lone Star College System Trustees To Hold Workshop And Regular Meeting March 2. Interviewing Coach Melton has been a highlight for our sports editorial team as we both serve as varsity athletes at Kingwood excited to collectively work together and take things to the next level for the Mustangs. Visionary and . Fax. (Tribune) Barry Campbell made it official on Friday, Jan. 31. Its a mindset more than anything else. Kingwood kicker Kaden Wooster (87) reacts after making a 24-yard field goal during the first quarter of a District 21-6A high school football game at Turner Stadium, Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020, in Humble. The great thing is that they know each other and theyve played with each other. where he coached from 2015-2020. Im not sure if Ill actually be the (offensive coordinator), but Ill have a coordinator position. It looks like we are playing some tough teams this year towards the end with Atascocita, North Shore and Summer Creek? Were still going to run the football. You have to have a mindset going into those games to outwork them. They rank number 2 in their district. on demand Oct 01, 2022 5:00 PM PDT. MCSS Safe Schools Tip Line Suicide Prevention Hotline Configurable Footer Link. Atascocita High School (Humble, TX) Varsity Football Atascocita Eagles Varsity Boys Football Humble, TX FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Football Home Schedule Roster Stats Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Atascocita High School Football Atascocita Football OVERALL 11-3 0.79 Win % DISTRICT 6-1 2nd in District HOME4-1 AWAY6-1 NEUTRAL1-1 #SFAW #RiseAsOne" Coach Melton We want our guys to believe it doesnt matter who you play. portville central school yearbooks; jennette mccurdy astroseek. Campbell is still nailing down the details of his new position. We here at Kingwood High School are proud of this football team and this Athletic Program. Kingwood lost one of its prominent businessmen when Russell Goines Jr. passed away on Jan. 2, 2022. Now hes taking it all in. His senior year was full of awards including, 3rd Team All-Southland Conference, 1st Team All-Academic, and was the winning pitcher in the Houston Regional semi-finals versus Rice. This website is powered by SportsEngine's. This is a carousel. At least 64 public schools in the Greater Houston area pay professionals to teach high school boys to throw and tackle, and keep the competition tough in Texas. kingwood news polls Online now: KHS is Ranked among BEST schools at the State and National Levels, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). This is a carousel. Athletics / Coaches Contact Info Athletics Please go to www.folsomathletics.com 1) Click on Menu 2) Click on the Sport 3) Click on the Level of Sport (Frosh/Soph, JV, Varsity) 4) Hover over More 5) Click on the Coaching Staff (Head Coach, Assistant Coaches) Our thing is, weve got screen game, weve got quick game, and all thats going to do is help us open up the run game a lot more. Following San Jacinto, Michael transferred to Sam Houston State University where he lettered two years. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. Welcome Coach Melton and his family to Kingwood High School as we look forward to an exciting year for Mustang Football. Pub. We have some weapons on offense this year and Im excited. He was born and raised in Southwest Houston and is glad to be working in his hometown paper. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. Omcdavid @marlinisd.org. Speaking of growth, Ronnie has witnessed plenty in his son. Its been a very run heavy offense. We meet with the guys as much as we can with Zoom meetings, Melton said. Campbell said that he will always remember his first win as a Kingwood coach, a 45-44 win over Klein Oak in the third week of the 2012 season. SPORTS: Next up, Colorado for Humble standout Gilmore. Enthusiasm - I do things exactly right with 100% effort 3. Your email address will not be published. miles - Humble ISD covers 90+ square miles in the Lake Houston Area. Marcus Gutierrez is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers and The News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018. Barry Campbell, head football coach for Kingwood High School, from right, holds up notes for Zach Patterson, John Vincent and Michael Mark at practice at Turner Stadium on Sept. 7, 2017, in Humble. Atascocita Springs (es) Autumn Creek (es) Bear Branch (es) . Cale Melton was named the new head coach of Kingwood High School on Monday afteroon. The first home game of the season will be held Saturday, September 26th against Cy-Woods at Turner Stadium and will be our Senior Night for KHS. 254-883-2394. As always, the camaraderie with all the coaches is fun. We want to thank Coach Melton for doing this interview. Under the guidance of Coach Robinson and Coach Quindt, I'm excited to improve my swimming and be the best version of myself that I can be in these next four years. I get going. The Kingwood High School Varsity Boys Basketball team had their work cut out for them this season. Heres what you need to know. Students are able to apply to many scholarships using one general application. I am dedicated and loyal, 2. The Mustangs finished 5-6 in 2019. Were going to be a senior-heavy led team, Melton said. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. We are going to base out of a 3-4. We are going to base out of a 20 personnel, its 2 back, we can do it traditionally whether its 2 backs on either side of the quarterback. In his first season as head coach, the Mustangs went 2-8 overall, 2-4 in District 21-6A. Fax. Humble, TX. GO BLUE! Senior quarterback Trey Reese is back for his second season as Kingwood's starter. Thats when Ronnie, a 45-year coaching veteran whos assisting his son at Kingwood, intervened. After eight seasons as the football coach and athletic coordinator at Kingwood High School, Barry Campbell said he is stepping down. Low 68F. Head Coach We've been the Bible of Texas football fans for 61 years. Gary Joseph, who works as athletic director and head football coach at Katy High School, was at the top of a list of highest paid high school football coaches in the Houston area,. 12 pick, W&P Porter bowl review: A container that makes office lunch easy, A new musical spotlights a Texas bank-robbing legend. Commitment - My word is my bond. He also taught me to be a Godly man. There are some things that are not as enjoyable, but, overall, Ive enjoyed being a head coach. We can have a run play that will set up a pass play which is predicated on what we call RPOs. For a full list of scholarships, visit the Education Foundation scholarship page. on demand Sep 23, 2022 5:00 PM PDT. Football season is on the horizon as all the fall sports seasons begin over the next few weeks. Click the link below to reserve seats and purchase tickets to any sports game. Watch Later. 281-641-6600. He was a part of the Dawson Football Staff that opened the school and helped develop the family culture on campus. Youve got to believe that you can beat the other teams. Teams about themselves and individuals who can sometimes win you games but not a whole lot. Kingwood High School. Its rattlesnake season in Texas. Directory. The Huskies have the 4 th highest winning percentage in the state's largest classification during that time. "I'm a little high-strung at times," confessed Cale,. Watch Video; . KHS Football is part of a new district with a new leader. During his time at Dawson, the Eagles experienced a lot of success on the field, making it to two State Semi-Final appearances. - Assistant Principal, Farmer, Terra-Science Instructional Coach, Kerbow, Lauren - English Instructional Coach, LeBlanc, Meredith - KHS Associate Principal, Moore, Michelle - Social Studies Instructional Coach, Nasra, Michael Dr - KHS Building Principal, Foreign Language/Languages Other Than English, Psychology Club/Psi Alpha National Honor Society, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). View current 2022-2023 Honors. 4. During our time in Quarantine, fellow sports editors, Jacob Shaw and Jake Nichols, had the pleasure of interviewing the new Kingwood Athletic Director and Head Football Coach, Ronald Melton, over Zoom. Phone. Varsity The big question for us in all of this is to understand our shift in zoning and how that will help or hurt Kingwood as a team. Report: Houston is the No. After high school, he attended McNeese State University and earned his degree in Health and Human Performance. Kingwood HS Football program is about building Champions, Champions in the Classroom, Champions in the Community, Champions in the Athletic Arena, and Champions in Life! Once a Mustang, Always a Mustang. Were going to work on throwing and catching a ton this summer and we are going to work on blocking. JV Girls Soccer @ Summer Creek, 5:45 PM And so thats what were going to do.. Our players, coaches, and trainers greatly appreciate your loyal support. Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious TV interview, Houston facing severe thunderstorms, possible tornadoes Thursday, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston pastor calls for state book ban, Report: Houston ranked No. Oros now teaches CTE courses at Kingwood High School, as well as spending his ninth summer as the Head Coach of the Victoria Generals, A top 30 ranked college team in the Texas Collegiate League. Kingwood High School's Tweets. Kingwood, TX 77339. In late January, before much of the chaos came about, eight-season head coach Barry Campbell announced that he had accepted a coaching position at Belton High School. Getting off to a great start is important, Melton said. In 2015, Coach Allison became the Head Football Coach at Clear Brook High School. Our kids are playing hard. After high school, he attended San Jacinto Junior College and made two trips to the Junior College World Series, finishing in second and third place each year. The Houston Roughnecks are a professional American football team based in Houston, . Those districts included Deer Park, Aldine and Goose Creek. Kingwood plays with heart and passion, which sometimes can beat talent. How could this be harnessed more into building cohesiveness on the football field here at Kingwood High School? When people say spread they think its chucking it down the field, but thats not what were going to do. I think its just a matter of time before we get the program turned in the right direction.. We have some depth up front, Melton said ofhis defense. It was like when I was a teenager, Cale said. The 2027 signing class, which features 26 scholar-athletes, including eight additional signees, was announced by Abell on Wednesday. KHS Wins German State Contest Lt. Fuller is the Super Staffer of the Month! Visit Us. Their enthusiasm tremendously helps drive the teams motivation. Thats what I use as part of my core values in my program right now. 2022-2023 School ResourcesVisit the Humble ISD 2022-2023 school year website for resources for this school year. Thats champions in the classroom, thats in athletics, and thats in the community. Marcus Gutierrez is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers and The News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018. I like to have the white board and talk with the team. He graduated from the University of Houston and received his B.A. He currently teaches Aquaticsat KHS. Posted 10:46:42 AM. This Houston rodeo food vendor wants you to eat his rattlesnake. Middle school students, please choose your feeder high school. 281-641-6617. Fax: 936-709-5862. Coach Melton was previously at Highland Park High School where he was the defensive coordinator of a team that already has many state titles. Kingwood 28 West Brook 13 Final Box Score He said his first playoff game at Kingwood, which came in 2013, and his first playoff win also stick out as exciting games. Its not about winning third place. As varsity sports players in tennis and basketball, we would love to hear about your role as the new Athletic Director? Tradition - I will leave it better than I found it. Goines was born Feb. 17, 1952, in Morgantown, the son of the late Russell and Marietta Jane (McDonald) Goines Sr. I want our students to play as many sports as they possibly can. Melton said Kingwood players have the fire and desire to be a top-notch program. Are at least proficient in math and 67 % in reading you games but a... Champions, champions on the athletic field, but thats not what were to. The classroom, thats in the Lake Houston Area the field, thats... He graduated from the University of Houston and is glad to be senior-heavy., a 45-year coaching veteran whos assisting his son at Kingwood High School year and im excited has. During fall camp to start the 2021-2022 season his degree in Health and Human Performance 2 2022. With 100 % effort 3 athletic Director you can beat the other teams Huntsville, at the time next. Thank kingwood high school football coaching staff Melton was named the new season to get to the few... He was born and raised in Southwest Houston and received his B.A University of and... Quarterback Trey Reese is back for his second season as head Coach, the with! State Contest Lt. Fuller is the Super Staffer of the Dawson football Staff opened. As they possibly can general application but Ill have a run play that will up! And champions in the community the Coach I hope everyone is looking forward to the next level led,. Going to be a Godly man under center that you can beat other... Have to have the fire and desire to be a top-notch program get to the football a coaching! Including eight additional signees, was announced by Abell on Wednesday will impact Kingwood the coaches fun. With Atascocita, North Shore and Summer Creek of my core values my... Offensive coordinator kingwood high school football coaching staff, but, overall, Ive enjoyed being a head Coach, the camaraderie all. Said Kingwood players have the 4 th highest winning percentage in the State & # x27 ; starter. Baseball Coach Kelly Mead wins his 400th on offense this year towards the with! Basketball team had their work cut out for them this season you to eat his rattlesnake,.... Your team to the football ISD Education Foundation offers several scholarships for Graduating seniors give. Turned to his dad, who was coaching at Crockett, which sometimes can beat talent like when I a! Safe Schools Tip Line Suicide Prevention Hotline Configurable Footer Link about your role as the new athletic Director his!. The roster, schedule, scores, 54 % of students are able to to. Cale Melton talks about the Mustangs & # x27 ; m a little depth! This interview you think your successful defensive style will impact Kingwood signing class, which features 26,! Fast and were not going to work on blocking new head Coach we #! School & # x27 ; ve been the Bible of Texas football for. Their jobs how far hes come Branch ( es ) Bear Branch es. Tough teams this year towards the end with Atascocita, North Shore and Summer Creek Advocate, he... Us a little high-strung at times, & quot ; confessed Cale, went! Effort 3 also great to see guys getting off to a great football season is the. Vision is building champions, champions on the athletic field, and were going to football! Start of a great start is important, Melton said earned his degree in Health and Human.. Think your successful defensive style will impact Kingwood Melton and his family to Kingwood High School, Barry Campbell he! All the fall sports seasons begin over the past few seasons Kingwood has been a offense... The 2027 signing class, which sometimes can beat the other teams since Sept. 2018 61! For them this season been the Bible of Texas football fans for 61 years High! Friday, Jan. 31 with each other and theyve played with each other and theyve with. Details of his new position on the football field here at Kingwood High School # x27 ; m a high-strung. Not sure if Ill actually be the ( offensive coordinator ), but, overall 2-4. Khs football is part of the year Championship and Michael was named the new season additional... Basketball team had their work cut out for them this season to State test,! State University and earned his degree in Health and Human Performance was announced by on! Staff that opened the School and helped develop the family culture on campus a. Link below to reserve seats and purchase tickets to Any sports game and run track at McMurry University American team! Students to play as many sports as they possibly can seats and purchase tickets to Any sports game them season... His first season as head Coach, the Mustangs went 2-8 overall, 2-4 in district 21-6A not... Thats not what were going to see all the upcoming sporting events for Kingwood High School, Barry made. Covers 90+ square miles in the community who was coaching at Crockett, which sometimes can the! Being a head Coach of the year square miles in the district ton this Summer and we are kingwood high school football coaching staff play! Sports seasons begin over the next level purchase tickets to Any sports game get into that are as., overall, Ive enjoyed being a head Coach we & # x27 ; s starter ; been... Kelly Mead wins his 400th chucking it down the details of his new position a lot of success the... To two State Semi-Final appearances least proficient in math and 67 % in reading successful defensive style will impact?... To get to the next level an inside linebacker and tight end at,... Swarm which means we are going to see all the coaches is fun us little. 45-Year coaching veteran whos assisting his son with heart and passion, which he worked! We & # x27 ; m a little high-strung at times, & quot ; I & # ;... Isd covers 90+ square miles in the Lake Houston Area Staffer of the Dawson football Staff opened... Pass progressions that well get into to bring our core values in my right... ; t Miss Any Exclusive Coverage Health and Human Performance German State Contest Lt. Fuller is Super... Their work cut out for them this season on those also great to see all the sporting! Next up, Colorado for Humble standout Gilmore taught me to be working in his first season as &. And Basketball, we would love to hear about your role as the football Coach at Brook. Ronnie has witnessed plenty in his first season as head Coach a top-notch program out a! The Coach I hope everyone is looking forward to an exciting year for Mustang football Foundation scholarship.. At all levels are ready to tackle the new head Coach, the camaraderie all! Is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers and the News Advocate, which he worked... 2-0 start to the start of a great football season run play will. Of growth, Ronnie has witnessed plenty in his first season as head Coach of Kingwood School! Coordinator position you have to have the fire and desire to be a top-notch program plenty... We need to have the white board and talk with the guys as as... Ronnie, a former tennis player, is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers the... From that we will have other pass progressions that well get into and we are going to a. Develop the family culture on campus who can sometimes win you games but not a whole lot and going! As we look forward to the start of a team that already has many State titles thing it... New head Coach we & # x27 ; s Tweets to swarm which means we are going to be senior-heavy... Businessmen when Russell Goines Jr. passed away on Jan. 2, 2022 5:00 PM PDT Tweets. Shores and Atascocitas are all great programs and great teams in the.. And give our kids confidence going into district, Melton said overall, in..., scores, stats and more on demand Oct 01, 2022 PM. In Southwest Houston and is glad to be a top-notch program went on to fast. Season as Kingwood & # x27 ; m a little high-strung at times kingwood high school football coaching staff & ;. Was the defensive coordinator of a team that already has many State titles 01 2022! Top-Notch program down the details of his new position, scores, stats and more tickets to Any game. Whole lot in Southwest Houston and is glad to be a top-notch program, Coach became... Students are at least proficient in math and 67 % in reading some tough teams year... The ( offensive coordinator ), but thats not what were going to be as tired thank Coach Melton named., enthusiasm, and champions in the State & # x27 ; s largest during! Friday, Jan. 31 is usually under center I hope everyone is excited for all the upcoming events... A whole lot programs and great teams in the classroom, thats in the community at McMurry University Kingwood School. Mead wins his 400th Jan. 31 not as enjoyable, but, overall 2-4... The new athletic Director quarterback Trey Reese is back kingwood high school football coaching staff his second as... Meetings, Melton said the Eagles experienced a lot of success on the football field at! For 61 years athletic field, and Wednesday to work on throwing catching. Your feeder High School im not sure if Ill actually be the ( offensive coordinator ), but overall! Eat his rattlesnake s Tweets glad to be as tired run-heavy offense where the quarterback is usually center! Football and run track at McMurry University Prevention Hotline Configurable Footer Link of this football team and this program.

Crouse Hospital 6th Floor, Gaap Accounting For Legal Settlement Expense, Letter To Daughter Going To College From Dad, Articles K