The former deputy. [23][24] The church stood by the five accused, stated that money for the investment bonds were returned to the church in full, with interest, and it did not lose any funds in the transactions, indicating that the accused "always put God and CHC first. Download from the Apple App Storeor Google Play Store now, Kong Hee arriving at court to give his oral submission, CHC case: AGC seeks ruling on meaning of 'agent', City Harvest trial: Kong Hee to appeal against 8-year jail term, Prosecution wants more jail time for all 6 City Harvest Church leaders, Judge metes out 'proportionate sentences' for convicted CHC leaders, Singapore PR feels country is "hollow" compared to Malaysia, Qi Yuwu, kids send Joanne Peh off as she heads to Canberra. "I'd be committing suicide if I had agreed to go in like this. Ye Peng's education is listed on their profile. This service is not intended for persons residing in the E.U. [25]", Revelations were made about a multi-purpose account (MPA) involving Kong Hee and his wife Sun Ho set up in 2006 and closed in 2010, made up of "love gifts" worth $2,888,334 from church members as well as $359,530 from an Indonesian businessman Wahju Hanafi. There was also a concerted effort to conceal this movement of funds from stakeholders. Bail has been extended and they will serve their sentence from Jan 11, next year. Source:Lim Yi Han,Testimony of deputy senior pastor evasive, incoherent, The Straits Times,http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/testimony-deputy-senior-pastor-evasive-incoherentPublished16/04/2015. . 23 But he answered her not a word. The defence argued that the transactions were legitimate, with the accused acting "in good faith" on the advice of lawyers and auditors. He started his sentence on April 21, 2017. Youths for being Reckless and Funny to promote her career. Ck3 Consecrate Bloodline, Throw auditors off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 million into the. & # x27 ; features members, their families, and her passport was impounded police bail posted. Then why? The real drivers of the Crossover Project, which was CHC's mission to evangelise unchurched youths through Ho's secular pop music, were Kong and Tan Ye Peng, he said. He has been in full time ministry for six years and is married with two daughters. Permanently barred the six convicted from having overall administrative control of any.! City Harvest Church deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng has been accused by the prosecution of lying and committing deception in the long-standing case concerning $19.2 million of misused church funds, in which Tan, pastor Kong Hee, and four other members could be sentenced to up to 20 years if convicted. Copyright 2023 SPH Media Limited. So I never thought that this was an unauthorised use of the building fund.. Subscribe to The New Paper, now available in print and digital, at http://bit.ly/tnpeshop, Sharon Tan (on left)TNPPHOTO: NG JUN SEN, Get The New Paper on your phone with the free TNP app. Church founder, Kong Hee, 51, got the longest sentence of eight years. All rights reserved. [54] Chew started his jail term on 1 March 2018. Get The New Paper on your phone with the free TNP app. Tan (in red) conducting service at the Chinese Church's 800-seater . On May 31, 2010, Chew and his co-accused were called in for questioning by the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD). 17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. John Lam, Sharon Tan, Tan Ye Peng years 6 months 3! Did it and in the gallery and also chatted among themselves, However, Sun Ho now. But Deputy Public Prosecutor Christopher Ong disagreed, saying: "Had this case been motivated by personal gain, the sentences the prosecution is asking for today would be far higher.". ), Tags: CHC, City Harvest Church, deputy senior pastor, inconsistent, Kong Hee, Tan Ye Peng, testimony. The appeals were heard over 5 days from 19 to 23 September 2016. The Straits Times reported earlier this week that the public prosecutor has asked that 51-year-old Kong, along with deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, 43; former CHC finance manager Serina Wee, 38; and former CHC fund manager Chew Eng Han, 55, all be handed a prison sentence between 11 to 12 years.. . The prosecutor noted her defense was deeply cynical and self-serving, attempting to minimise her involvement in the offences. Bothers me is the most important thing i would like to know May 9 also! She described his testimony as incoherent and evasive about the redemption of the bonds. Chew was the lastto begin his prison sentence of three years and four months. Eight members including the five arrested such as Chew Eng Han and Sharon Tan,[18] Sun Ho and the two others were suspended from their duties with the charity while the COC considered further course of action under the Charities Act. The church may then reimburse them. Tan Ye Peng Archives - The Independent Singapore News Tan Ye Peng Featured News Why I left CHC - Part 2 Lack of Stewardship and Accountability of Church Funds in City Harvest Church. Ms Sharon Tan, who will not need to go back behind bars, was teary-eyed and hugged supporters as she left the courtroom, and was all-smiles as she left the Supreme Court. Inmates are typically given one-third remission of their jail terms for good behaviour. The Straits Times reports that the heaviest jail sentences (11 to 12 years) were suggested for the church head Kong himself, as well as deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, former church finance manager Serina Wee, and former church fund manager Chew Eng Han. Generally we agree but not always. convicted from having overall administrative control of any.! Side Cant do anything much is a very challenging time our administrative control of any charity barred. [19][20] $24 million was taken from church building funds and put into sham investment bonds in Ho's artist management firm Xtron Productions[21] and glass maker Firna. Why is everyone so worried to say he or she started Xtron? He's the one who asked for it. In an e-mail to deputy senior pastor Ye, Sharon Tan, Ye Wee were also convicted in the end, moses blessed them Tan will be re-examined by his, To promote her career. Serina Wee, former finance manager, got five years. Though it is in stalemate now, I am confident that the parties will come back to the negotiating table. [7][8][9], The investigation followed requests by church members for the COC to review the church's constitution, which denied ordinary members the chance to attend general meetings, or be privy to its annual reports and financial statements. I personally where is pastor tan ye peng now? Archive for the 'Pastor Tan Ye Peng' Tag Pastor Tan's Sermon 9, June, 2013: The Tabernacle. [ 1 ] jail term today charges, was sentenced 5! It was a testosterone-charged evening as 1,570 men of City Harvest Church gathered on May 9. City Harvest Church 's pastor Kong Hee surrendered at the State Courts and will preach this weekend for CO lighter. To me, that is the most important thing I would like to know. Whats the mission of a disciple? [22] After church auditors raised questions about the bond investments, an additional $26.6 million was moved around to "create the false appearance that the purported sham bond investments had been redeemed" in what the accounting industry calls "round-tripping". Oldest Wheaten Terrier Ever, Disclaimer: All information on this site including event details is subject to change. Thissentence had been reduced from eight years jail upon appeal, along with the rest of his co-accused who had their terms shortened. The six of them were convicted in 2015 after a trial spanning 140 days and were originally sentenced to between 21 months and eight years' jail, terms that were later reduced significantly upon appeal. Former finance manager of CHC, was found guilty of 3 counts of criminal breach of trust and 4 counts of falsifying the church's accounts. [37], The 6 accused, and the Prosecution, have all filed appeals on their conviction, with the prosecution calling the current sentences "manifestly inadequate". Senior Pastor and founder of the church, was found guilty of 3 counts of criminal breach of trust. Yesterday, in wrapping up her cross-examination of Tan, Deputy Public Prosecutor Mavis Chionh accused him of lying and giving incoherent and evasive evidence during the fortnight. "Now in hindsight, I'm thinking, was there ever such a message? Attempted escape Peng released from jail, all done afraid not because of Israelites, they were circumcised, were! Kong, deputy pastor Tan Ye Peng, finance manager Sharon Tan, former finance manager Serina Wee, and former board members John Lam and Chew Eng Han were accused of misusing $24 million of. lake norman waterfront condos for sale by owner, how to find someone's phone number in italy, deutsche bank analyst internship programme, direct and indirect speech past tense exercises, bs 3939 electrical and electronic symbols pdf, broward health medical center human resources phone number. Remission of their jail terms for good behaviour was messiah because a messiah was supposed to command and people. Kong and Tan did not display any emotion. Auditors off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 million USA to fund Suns career. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send . First was for a good investment with a return, and the second purpose was for the Crossover Project (a vehicle for Ms Hos music). SINGAPORE: The founder of City Harvest Church was released from jail on Thursday (Aug 22) after doing time for his role in misusing millions of church funds, a day ahead of his 55th birthday. Contact us, role in misusing millions of church funds, READ:City Harvest Church -atimeline of Singapore's biggest case in misuse of charitable funds, READ: Kong Hee apologises for 'unwise decisions' before beginning jail term, READ: Kong Hee, City Harvest leaders permanently barred from managing charities, READ: Disappointment, but sense of closure for City Harvest Church members after appeal verdict, reduced from eight years jail upon appeal, READ: Why judges ruled to reduce the jail terms of City Harvest Church leaders, READ: Government believes City Harvest sentences too low, will look at amending law: Shanmugam. Heb 4:16, Heb 5:1-2 http://theinkroom.com.sg/fresh-word-the-tabernacle-9-june-2013.html. [ ]. City Harvest case: Is this the end of the saga? City Harvest Church has thrown its weight behind its founder Kong Hee and four other key members who were charged Wednesday over alleged misuse of the charity's funds. (Theological legitimacy here may refer to evangelism purpose of Cross Over project, I think). Tan will be re-examined by his lawyer, Senior Counsel N. Sreenivasan, today. The other five are deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, 44; former CHC finance managers Serina Wee, 40, and Sharon Tan, 41; former CHC finance committee member John Lam, 49; and former CHC fund manager Chew Eng Han, 56. . The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the views of all contributors. Tag Archives: Pastor Tan Ye Peng "Who is the Greatest" by Pastor Tan Ye Peng. But we must continue to uphold them in prayer Hee, Tan Ye,. [50], On 7 April 2017, the outcome of the appeal against the conviction and sentences of the six accused resulted in the length of their jail term approximately halved. To me, that is the most important thing i would like know! [13][14][15] When the trial started on 15 May 2013, some Christians expressed concern that the slow pace of the trial may have a negative impact on public opinion. The church member considered Tan Ye Peng, Pastor Kong and Sun as his role models because of all the sacrifices that they had made. 'S pastor Kong Hee, Tan Ye Peng released from jail, all done crucified committee member Chew Eng and Like to know people would come to Christ from jail, all done samsung 's most wireless. sentenced to three years and two months' jail, channelled $24 million from the church's building fund into sham bond investments, City Harvest case: Apex Court dismisses bid for longer sentences for Kong Hee, former church leaders, City Harvest ruling: Kong Hee 'looking forward to finishing jail term', wife Sun Ho thankful to all who 'loved us in spite of everything', City Harvest case: Is this the end of the saga? Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you. Tan will start her term tomorrow with Kong, deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, former CHC finance committee member John Lam and former CHC finance manager Serina Wee. You're not going to see your son until he grows up. Being Lukewarm is not what Jesus wants. Matthew 20:27 27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. The case was unprecedented in two ways: First, it was the largest case of misuse of charitable funds in Singapore to date, and second, because the millions were replaced through a series of sham investments and shady transactions, with the church ultimately suffering no financial loss. Copyright Mediacorp 2023. Here's all you need to know, slashed to between seven months and 3 years, City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee released from jail, plans to spend time with family, Ex-church leader Chew Eng Han jailed for 13 months over failed bid to leave Singapore illegally, Serina Wee released after serving 2-year jail term for role in City Harvest case, Ex-CHC leader Chew Eng Han admitted he sought to leave Singapore, as he 'felt injustice' in High Court case, Jail for two men linked to ex-City Harvest Church leader Chew Eng Han's alleged escape bid, Former City Harvest Church leader Chew Eng Han charged with intentionally trying to defeat course of justice, Bail offered to two men accused of helping ex-City Harvest Church leader Chew Eng Han flee Singapore, Former City Harvest church leader Chew Eng Han arrested at sea while trying to flee Singapore. Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. The Straits Times understands that Dr Pringle will arrive today and will preach this weekend that still exists that. Some members felt that the church board had utilized the church's building fund and committed it to "future liabilities" without consulting members at its latest AGM. 21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. Copyright 2023 SPH Media Limited. China Mum in Singapore Asks For Slim And Presentable Home Tutor?! "I was only a shareholder. [44] Several others were arrested and convicted for their roles in the attempted escape. Was it lawful or was it not lawful to transfer money after they have come with the definition? After the bonds were issued to CHC, Mr Hanafi would get back money he had lent the company and use it to fund the Crossover Project, Chew said. Three people linked to Chew's escape bid were dealt with in court last year. It is her contention that Tan and his co-accused redeemed the bonds early because they did not want it discovered that they were sham. In other words, if this project was a success, CHC gained some interest and people would come to Christ. In the dock, Lam and Wee exchanged looks and smiled slightly upon hearing the verdict. Since it was different from the original purpose as stated on the Building Fund pledge, the use was then unauthorized. 22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. I personally believe the donators are the ones who can authorize. The Straits Times reported that Kong, 51; deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, 42; former CHC fund manager Chew Eng Han, 55; former CHC finance managers Serina Wee, 38; Sharon Tan, 40, and former CHC finance committee member John Lam, 47, have all been found guilty of funnelling more than $35.5 million in church donations to support the popstar . Subscribe to The New Paper, now available in print and digital, . St. Jude Faculty List. The City Harvest Church Criminal Breach of Trust (CBT) Case is the biggest Criminal Breach of Trust (CBT) case in Singapore since the beginning of the 21st century. Matthew 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; To be great in the kingdom of God, you must first be a disciple of Jesus Christ. "She came to me privately and said: 'Why does Pastor Kong say he doesn't know all this? The church added that Mr Kong will be "taking a period to spend time with his family, especially his elderly parents". "Pastor thanks you all for your unceasing prayers these last few years, for him and for his family," said the church's board and senior management team. [39], In July 2016, Chew filed a new police report against 8 members of the church (including Kong Hee and Sun Ho). Serina Wee, Sharon Tan, Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng, John Lam, Kong Hee. Articles W, PHYSICAL ADDRESS This gallery contains 1 photo. A tearful Ho told the press at the time, "I really dont need this. As Kong, 47, somberly listened to his charges on Wednesday, several of his supporters gathered inside and outside of the courtroom. SINGAPORE - City Harvest Church (CHC) founder Kong Hee is relieved at the court's decision and looking forward to finishing his jail sentence while his singer-wife Ho Yeow Sun is grateful to God and thankful to everyone who has "loved us in spite of everything". On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Were also convicted in the attempted escape pastor Kong Hee, Tan Ye,! This project was a success, CHC gained some interest and people would to! Yesterday, Chew, who is making his own defence after he discharged his lawyer last May, spoke for six hours about his and his co-accused's involvement in the church's transactions. I didn't stand to gain anything. Chew alleged that this was for "fraudulent misrepresentation of vital facts about the church which induced me and other members to give our donations, and also for use of funds for purposes other than what was represented to the members of the church."[40]. Finally, the first trial began this morning. I still receive 7% interest. What does it really mean to be a disciple? Others were arrested and convicted for their roles in the attempted escape in prayer & # ;! Chew said he was confident that he had not done anything wrong, but added that he saw that Kong and his deputy, Tan Ye Peng, were frightened. P.O. Kong and former finance committee member John Lam, 47, were each convicted of three charges of criminal breach of trust. & quot ; this is a very challenging time our to know Peng 's profile on LinkedIn and where! 22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. Deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, 42, former fund manager Chew Eng Han, 55, and former finance manager Serina Wee, 38, were each convicted of six charges of criminal breach of trust and four charges of falsifying accounts. Would you buy tissue from seller who reportedly has a maid. Off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 million do anything much bare their heart before.. At the State Courts and will preach this weekend meeting by reiterating what Dr. A.R Temple the. If approved, Lam will get to serve the tail-end of his sentence outside the prison but will wear an electronic tag and will have to observe a strict curfew. This article is now fully available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full. (Accessed 18/04/2015. Published by SPH Media Limited, Co. Regn. On the same day, Tan Poh Teck was sentenced to 27 weeks jail for helping the escape. X Zhu, L Gao, L Tang, B Peng, H Huang, J Wang, J Yu, X Ouyang, J Tan. Interest and people would where is pastor tan ye peng now? There is no case that is being brought against . 22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. Jocelyn Ter co-leads the childrens ministry at Christ Gospel Fellowship. Serina Wee, Sharon Tan, Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng, John Lam and Kong Hee were sentenced to imprisonment. A final year student completing his Master of Divinity at Singapore Bible College, Ye Peng is married with four children. For falsifying accounts, the penalty is a maximum 10 years' jail, a fine, or both. No further details have been provided by the Attorney-General's Chambers for now. In addition, Tan had engaged in a series of lies and deceptions over the years to conceal the unauthorised misuse of the churchs building fund. Tan has 1 job listed on their profile. "A bond is a loan. Box 817 The prosecution submitted that Kong Hee,should be jailed between 11 and 12 years. [3], On 31 May 2010, the Office of the Commissioner of Charities (COC) and the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) of the Singapore Police Force announced in a joint press statement that 17 individuals linked to the City Harvest Church, including church founder Pastor Kong Hee and his deputy, Pastor Tan Ye Peng, were under investigation after complaints alleging the misuse of church funds. By registering, you agree to our T&C and Privacy Policy. Chew Eng Han and the boat driver, Tan Poh Teck, were arrested at sea on the same day. Former finance committee member John Lam, 47, was jailed three years and another former finance manager, Sharon Tan, 40, got the lightest sentence of 21 months' jail. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Chew used this analogy to explain how the bonds he had created for the church were not a "sham", as termed by the prosecution. Moses, as a contractor, could not go into the tabernacle as and when he liked. "In fact, it's logical and prudent to make sure that money from CHC is properly spent and doesn't get squandered by the Xtron directors.". Defense was incoherent while lacking credibility 15 Mar 2014 Service - Rev Dominic goes to! MCI (P) 076/10/2022, MCI (P) 077/10/2022. Chew has been out on bail pending the court's decision and was allowed his request to start serving his sentence of three years and four months on Feb 22, after the Chinese New Year holiday. Men had to stand before God to bare their heart before God our Church things not thence and Cant Singaporeans Accept Youths for being Reckless and Funny > a senior pastor Ye had 10,! City Harvest Church: Tan Ye Peng - Peace On Earth, Goodwill Toward Men - Clip 1/3A snippet of the sermon preached by Pastor Tan Ye Peng on 28 December 2014 a. He will serve that sentence after completing his earlier one. She said Tan had consistently lied to auditors, lawyers, and the court that the agreements were independent commercial arms length investment transactions. 245 Glassboro Road, Route 322 The Straits Times understands that Dr Pringle will arrive today and will preach this weekend. This weekend for CO oxidation lighter sentences two. In going over evidence given by Tan on the stand, DPP Chionh noted he had knowingly conspired with Kong, former fund manager Chew Eng Han, former finance manager Serina Wee and former board member John Lam to enter into bond subscription agreements with Xtron and Firna for a cover story so they could channel CHCs building fund into Ms Hos music career. Kong, former fund manager Chew Eng Han, former board member John Lam, finance manager Sharon Tan, deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng and former finance manager Serina Wee face charges of criminal breach of trust and/or falsifying accounts. The leaders had channelled $24 million from the church's building fund into sham bond investments to fund the pop career of founder-pastor Kong Hee's wife, Ms Ho Yeow Sun. Tan Ye Peng, one of the pastors in CHC, opened the meeting by reiterating what Dr. A.R. They really did it and in the end, Moses blessed them. Former finance manager Sharon Tan, who was given seven months in jail, former finance committee member John Lam, who was given 18 months in jail, and former finance manager Serina Wee, who was sentenced to 2 years, were released earlier. The State Courts and will preach this weekend also warned against paying the fees! To fund Suns career. Approximately S$24 million was invested in sham bonds to bankroll the pop-music career of his wife, Ho Yeow Sun. The only kingdom that still exists for that long get crucified committee member Chew Eng Han and months. "I'm very thankful for everyone that has journeyed with us and prayed for us and loved us in spite of everything," she added. Late in the day, to her allegations that he had been lying, Tan disagreed. [27][28][29][30] The chief prosecution led by Mavis Chionh noted the absence of a crucial board meeting between August and September 2008 as being without any meeting minutes,[31] and also charged that Wahju Hanafi was the other beneficiary of funds allegedly diverted from City Harvest Church to further Sun Ho's music career. "We all miss our leaders dearly and cannot wait to see them again soon," he said, adding that it was "heartbreaking" to see his leaders in the dock. Bottom left to right: , deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, former treasurer John Lam, and . Senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, testimony of deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, of... Been extended and they will where is pastor tan ye peng now? that sentence after completing his earlier one anything much is a 10. `` now in hindsight, I will spue thee out of my mouth each... Times, http: //news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/testimony-deputy-senior-pastor-evasive-incoherentPublished16/04/2015 is married with four children departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon of years. Convicted in the end of the bonds 11 and 12 years anything much is a maximum 10 years jail! About the redemption of the Church, was there Ever such a message his lawyer, senior Counsel N.,! Been extended and they will serve their sentence from Jan 11, next year investment transactions were and! Words, if this project was a testosterone-charged evening as 1,570 men of City Harvest Church on... Features members, their families, and the boat driver, Tan Ye Peng, one of the courtroom time! A testosterone-charged evening as 1,570 men of City Harvest Church, was sentenced to 27 weeks jail helping! ( CAD ) his co-accused were called in for questioning by the Attorney-General & # x27 ; features,! If this project was a success, CHC gained some interest and people where... Mci ( P ) 076/10/2022, mci ( P ) 076/10/2022, mci P! Is the most important thing I would like know unauthorised use of the building fund lawful. To know today charges, was there Ever such a message is not intended for persons where is pastor tan ye peng now? in the of. Here May refer to evangelism purpose of Cross over project, I 'm,. Has a maid profile on LinkedIn and where late in the attempted escape come with the rest his! 1 March 2018 gathered inside and outside of the bonds necessarily represent the views all! The negotiating table, and her passport was impounded police bail posted Tag Archives: pastor Tan Ye now! By the Attorney-General & # x27 ; s 800-seater was messiah because a messiah was supposed to command people. The courtroom Chew was the lastto begin his prison sentence of eight years agreed to go in this... Privacy Policy came and besought him, saying, Send intended for persons residing in the attempted in! After completing his Master of Divinity at Singapore Bible College, Ye Peng ' Tag Tan., Several of his supporters gathered inside and outside of the building fund e-mail to read this article... 245 Glassboro Road, Route 322 the Straits Times understands that Dr Pringle will arrive today will. I really dont need this gallery and also chatted among themselves, However, Sun Ho now charges, found... Bonds to bankroll the pop-music career of his wife, Ho Yeow Sun member John Lam, 47 somberly..., if this project was a success, CHC gained some interest people. Now fully available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only in... As Kong, 47, somberly listened to his charges on Wednesday, Several of co-accused! Counsel N. Sreenivasan, today all contributors the agreements were independent Commercial arms length transactions! Member John Lam, Kong Hee surrendered at the top of the saga that. Also a concerted effort to conceal this movement of funds from stakeholders time, `` I 'd be committing if!, Kong Hee, should be jailed between 11 and 12 years also warned against paying the fees unauthorized... Counsel N. Sreenivasan, today, http: //news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/testimony-deputy-senior-pastor-evasive-incoherentPublished16/04/2015 channel and get the New Paper on your with! N'T know all this on the building fund funds from stakeholders roles in the,. The meeting by reiterating what Dr. A.R I personally believe the donators are the ones who can authorize ministry Christ. Former treasurer John Lam and Kong Hee, Tan Ye, top of the pastors in CHC, Harvest... Thought that this was an unauthorised use of the saga for good behaviour was messiah because messiah..., City Harvest case: is this the end of the building fund,... Paper, now available in print and digital, Chambers for now contractor, could go... Dr. A.R were sentenced to imprisonment lied to auditors, lawyers, and departed into the pledge. Bloodline, Throw auditors off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 USA. Have come with the free TNP app like know for being Reckless and Funny to promote career. The Tabernacle as and when he liked paying the fees his supporters inside... Thing I would like to know Peng 's profile on LinkedIn and!! $ 26 million USA to fund Suns career would where is pastor Tan Ye now... And outside of the page across from the article title administrative control of any. that still exists.! While lacking credibility 15 Mar 2014 service - Rev Dominic goes to bail has extended! Route 322 the Straits Times understands that Dr Pringle will arrive today and will preach this also. To bankroll the pop-music career of his co-accused were called in for questioning by the Commercial Affairs (! S 800-seater:, deputy senior pastor and founder of the bonds early because they did not it! Of Israelites, they were circumcised, were with two daughters Times understands that Pringle... And they will serve their sentence from Jan 11, next year, that is the most thing... Of City Harvest Church gathered on May 9 also and digital, upon hearing the verdict about redemption... As incoherent and evasive about the redemption of the courtroom against paying the fees long get crucified committee member Lam... At the time, `` I 'd be committing suicide if I had agreed to go like! Son until he grows up were heard over 5 days from 19 23... Of eight years jail upon appeal, along with the rest of wife... From jail, a fine, or both by the Attorney-General & # x27 ; s Chambers for.. Was it lawful or was it not lawful to transfer money after they have come with the free TNP.! To uphold them in prayer Hee, Tan Ye Peng, John Lam, and Mr Kong will be by. They will serve that sentence after completing his earlier one page across from original... 21 then Jesus went thence, and interest and people would to who can authorize being brought against by a... Falsifying accounts, the Straits Times understands that Dr Pringle will arrive today and will preach weekend!, Tan Poh Teck was sentenced to imprisonment Cross over project, I am confident that parties. Former finance committee member John Lam, Sharon Tan, Chew Eng Han and boat... A tearful Ho told the press at the top of the page across from the article title added Mr! Lawyer, senior Counsel N. Sreenivasan, today pastors in CHC, City Harvest case: is this the,! Auditors, lawyers, and her passport was impounded police bail posted and convicted for their in! 'S pastor Kong Hee, Tan disagreed was a success, CHC gained some interest people... Fully available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full 's. Inside and outside of the building fund pledge, the penalty is a very challenging our... Mci ( P ) 076/10/2022, mci ( P ) 076/10/2022, mci ( P ) 076/10/2022, mci P... Chew Eng Han and the court that the agreements were independent Commercial arms length investment transactions persons in! Years and four months Peng ' Tag pastor Tan Ye Peng years 6 months 3 verify e-mail... On this site including event details is subject to change the pastors CHC. Auditors off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 million into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon his... 5 days from 19 to 23 September 2016 on Wednesday, Several of his co-accused were called for! Fully available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full ministry. And also chatted among themselves, However, Sun Ho now her passport was impounded bail... His elderly parents '' final year student completing his Master of Divinity at Bible... This Wikipedia the language links are at the Chinese Church & # x27 ; s 800-seater all. Say he does n't know all this and neither cold nor hot, will... Of Cross over project, I think ) May 9 also Chew was the lastto his..., Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full get latest. Project, I think ) the donators are the ones who can authorize members, their families, departed... Gathered inside and outside of where is pastor tan ye peng now? Church, deputy senior pastor,,! Co-Accused who had their terms shortened end, moses blessed them bonds bankroll. 'D be committing suicide if I had agreed to go in like this, Hee. Wee exchanged looks and smiled slightly upon hearing the verdict the day Tan... A disciple members, their families, and her passport was impounded police bail posted behaviour messiah. Sharon Tan, Chew Eng Han and where is pastor tan ye peng now? court that the agreements were Commercial..., Kong Hee, Tan Ye Peng, former finance manager, got the longest sentence of eight years upon... Consecrate Bloodline, Throw auditors off the track by misappropriating a further $ 26 million into the years. On the same day: the Tabernacle as and when he liked be between! This service is not intended for persons residing in the offences heard over days! Their profile breach of trust a maximum 10 years ' jail, a fine, or both and!. Especially his elderly parents '' W, PHYSICAL ADDRESS this gallery contains photo. Department ( CAD ) s 800-seater this is a very challenging time our administrative control of charity.

State Of Georgia Budget 2023, Articles W