March 5, 2017 @ Theyre complaining about Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, etc. Oh, I live in Nashville, and you are pretty correct, as WSMs AM channel *is* pretty close to what I was talking about. 9:48 am. Twitter: @heatherbelly Instagram: @heatherbelly TikTok:@Heatherbelly This is my public page. I wouldnt insult my knowledge of the Texas scene. Insiders also offer that the show's request . She did not elaborate if she would be joining another station or something away from TV news. This is only 54 songs among thousands upon thousands of songs on their playlist. That shits messed up. March 5, 2017 @ But I don;t think we will know that until we see the results of this move. Mason headed out to the then-Cedar Park Center for the ribbon cutting and announcement of the first event, a George Strait concert. San Antonio country radio blows syphilitic goats, with the exception of KKYX (680 AM/104.9 FM). There were negotiations, and based on those negotiations, they . Sellers said as Lindell spoke over him. And though its painful to say it, all the bellyaching by hardcore listeners still may not outweigh the gains the radio station could receive by the slight change in the format. According to a statement from her spokesperson, Tom will leave the show by year's end because of "creative differences" with the show's executive producer David Shaughnessy. In 2015 I found The Ranch and their mobile app, it became my primary source of music. But getting violent over a minor change in a radio format? Heather Brooks was a side character on Grey's Anatomy in seasons nine and ten, and she was played by Tina Majorino. If they keep with this format change, then they really need to change the name and get rid of their current slogan of The sound of Texas. 2:06 pm. 2:55 pm, Heres what I played last week, and here I thought balance was a good thing, Jason Eady Barabbas March 6, 2017 @ Its easy to recognize her talent but the two best songs her name has been tied to are Ill Be the Moon and the outstanding live cover of Fire Away with Brothers Osborne. Coaltrain According to TMZ, Wayde allegedly threatened her as recently as earlier this month. It was Texas based country, and southern rock. Yes, there is some irony in some Texas / Red Dirt fans complaining about pop in the format. Heather's color is red, symbolizing her power over, not only the Heathers, but the entire Westerburg High student body. A station like this would be awesome to have up here. Steven Swinney But if a Song like Kiss Tomorrow goodbye by Luke Bryan was followed by 7&7 by Turnpike Troubadours on commercial radio I probably wouldnt hate either one near as much as I currently do. If they could get Opry to agree to syndicate, itd be the cherry on top, although I know there is a SiriusXM channel that has it, so there might be contract issues there. Its hard to please everyones tastes, and thats why I try to balance everything out. Thats 42.5% of the playlist!!!!!!! He was in that business until he moved to Austin in 1988 when he was thirty and went into radio on Z102 as a part-time jock. Sometimes I play more traditional leaning material, sometimes I play more mainstream material (but not what youre thinking). True country fans, especially ones that have been listening to The Ranch for years as a safe harbor from pop country, are so diametrically opposed to mainstream music, they would rather hear rock or pop invade their radio station than even the best of what country radios mainstream stations play. But its still worth noting that 98% of the country would kill for a playlist like this from a local radio station. These probably hipsters are whining about this stations playlist? Heather Dubrow starred on Bravo 's hit show from Seasons 7 to 11. 6:11 pm. Is it all Money driven? It occurred to me if commercial radio had the same kind of diversity as internet radio did, I probably wouldnt it mind it so much. And even in there, you have a 28-year-old song from Garth Brooks, a 17-year-old and 10-year-old song from Gary Allan that may have been in the rotation before the change, a 14-year-old Dierks Bentley song, a 13-year-old Brad Paisley song written by Bill Anderson, a single from Kacey Musgraves that bombed on country radio a few years ago, and a song from King George Strait. If using Kacey Musgraves and Dierks Bentley as gateway drugs is what it takes, then this may not be a bad compromise. Im a pretty big consumer, I buy albums and singles, I dont use Spotify, and very seldom do I use Pandora anymore. Right, so we should also remove Turnpike Troubadours, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Stony LaRue, and Merle Haggard? I think many of us have thought that before the change. Lets ALL drive grey Corollas . 2. Thats great and all, except now they are taking away more of Eady, Jinks, Troubadours, etc. I realize KOKE plays mainstream and Nashville artists, but at least they are upfront about it and dont bullshit their listeners. Its hard to find good music up here in the Rock and Roll hall of fame city. Look at the success of wsm650am out of Nashville. However, we cant get a radio station to have a playlist like this!!! 137 Comments. Look, Saving Country Music loves to find instances where companies and radio stations screw up and undervalue the independent/traditional country fan. Also, wouldnt Eli Young Band fall into the category of being a more mainstream act of today as well? Im fine with Miranda. Conflicting reports have emerged regarding Emmy winner Heather Tom 's ( Victoria Newman) future with The Young and the Restless. EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT on Spotify, YouTube or pandora? Ironically, this format change from The Ranch allows them to feature more females, and you can see than in the sample playlist. only they arent asking for input from listeners, they just changed it. Bill Turner Depending on my mood its sometimes what I even want to hear. Does. specifically. March 6, 2017 @ Farmer Brian Heck, even streaming Radio Texas Live on Saturday nights would be great, EW in DFW Id rather hear classic rock or pre -2000 country over 99% of current pop/bro/mainstream radio country, but wouldnt trade either for a Guy Clark, Gary P. Nunn or Ray Wylie Hubbard song or Shane Smith & the Saints. New Slang posted an analysis that is even more in-depth (and accurate) than mine. 90% of what they play is traditional country and Independent and local artists. 12:34 pm, I live in the area and The Ranch is programmed into my radio, but honestly I only rarely listen to it because for every 30 minute block I try, there are always a few songs that I just dont care for at all, and I end up switching it to another station or just turning it off. Saving Country Music studied a multi-hour bloc of The Ranchs playlist as it streamed Saturday (3-4) evening to see just how significant the format change is (see below). 12:47 pm, If anyone is interested in checking out the previous hours playlist, you can pull it up online, http://player.listenlive.co/48801/en/songhistory, Alexander Grant If youre gonna be on the north/northeast side you might try KNBT 92.1 out of New Braunfels, but other than that theres nothing. Sometimes you know the artist, sometimes you dont. Same deal as when commercials come on during the Super Bowl. And yes, maybe some of the worst I missed in my specific 54-song bloc. Whiskey Lullaby does not fit their original foremat. Convict charlie The Rebel app was often glitchy, often repetitive, and didnt have a live person in studio a lot of the time (which I think contributed to the glitchy and repetitiveness). Make a hole in the soilless mix with your finger, or optionally, a pencil. But I also think people should recognize what an anomaly and gift The Ranch is even in its present state. The music list looks pretty good to me.The only thing I see to get offended by is someone threatening violence for playing whatever music. In terms of The Ranch, its a real shame. Its also a fair argument to say that by giving precious spins to major mainstream country stars and taking them away from Texas country and Americana acts, your robbing these artists, however incrementally, of one of the few radio outlets they have for their music. I was wondering when youd cover this issue. Rob: Ken Rice anchored it previously, but I suspect this gig could go to Heather Abraham, David Highfield, Paul Martino or even a reporter or meteorologist. As a formerly loyal Ranch listener I can tell you they most definitely played My Church and Vice before this horrendous program change. the pistolero radio three years ago here in the Triad of NC, the above playlist is quite nice, to my eyes though. The 40 songs before that included gems such as Mellencamps Jack and Diane and Tyler Farr. Nonetheless, I can appreciate the fans who loved the station because it was unique and played a more narrow, and Texas-oriented playlist. She went up to Captain Lee and informed him that Jess didn't even give her ten seconds before leaving the yacht. According to the program director, it was about 10%, and that has now been corroborated independently by numerous studies. Maybe hell will freeze over, too. The statement further added that Joe Zolper and Bruno Massel returned for the new season, but Heather Storm would be leaving the show. Its a shame that radio stations like The Ranch arent duplicated all across the country, and with the increased popularity of independent country, perhaps that will happen someday. She claimed in court documents he pushed her and hit her in the attack. Inconsistency by an artist , a club or a restaurant ends up alienating and even pissing off prospective customers who like to know what they can expect. 2:44 pm. Wayde and Heather King starred on Animal Planet's Tanked. I found it particularly ironic that anyone was complaining about Miranda being on the playlist considering her love and support of both the music and artists nonsensical complaint, imo. If nothing else, perhaps The Ranch will agree to tweaking the new format a little bit, i.e trash the Tyler Farr and Clapton, and stick closer to their Texas country roots while trying to expand their boundaries. #8 < > Showing 1-8 of 8 comments . No Springsteen? Most independent and Texas country listeners would probably salivate to have a station like this within antenna range, and will wonder why they didnt tune in online sooner, while the amount of mainstream songs and artists added in the rotationdespite the characterization by some listeners that The Ranch has completely flipped to a pop country modelis marginal at the worst. You guys in the Ft. Worth area seem to have it a lot better than us up here. For years, radio station 95.9 The Ranch based in Ft. Worth, TX has been a bastion for fans of true country music, Texas country, Red Dirt, Americana, and country classics that are so often missing or never even given a chance on corporate country radio stations. Honors/Awards. I find this change to be extremely disappointing and hypocritical; and their excuses for doing it are total bullshit. (.. he asked somewhat rhetorically ) .. Randy Watkins I knew where to find those other artists if I wanted to listen to them. This is because White was a huge animal lover, had many canine friends and was . I understand the emotional vestment we have in the influencers we follow. As for cross pollination between the mainstream and anti-mainstream factions, check out the curious lineup for a big annual event in Alabama called Rock the South, with Luke Bryan and Sam Hunt headlining, with Cody Jinks among the undercard. Former Ranch Fan Im not saying a station shouldnt have some diversity in their playlist ..but it needs to be diversity WITHIN the traditions of the genre to attract and KEEP listeners who care about saving tradition . The country radio audience was very female centric from the 1990s through most of the first decade of the 2000s, catering to suburban mothers. KILT recently added a short-playlist Texas country HD station (KIKK). 2:59 pm. Perhaps by expanding their playlist a bit it might allow them to feature more women. Heather Chandler, portrayed by the late Kim Walker, is the first female antagonist of the cult classic film Heathers. This metro area with over 6 million people has only one country radio station, KRTY, which an underpowered transmitter about 50 miles south of San Francisco. This uproar is giving them free publicity for the format change which will have a greater negative impact on the playlist than just walking away. She is the deceased leader of the most popular and powerful clique at Westerburg High known as The Heathers. Heather Storm's Departure from Garage Squad. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. That is why its important for listeners to voice their opinions. Three years after the Yummie founder left her full-time role on the show, she . August 14, 2017 @ March 5, 2017 @ I actually welcome some of the artists you mentioned for some variety, as Im apparently not as hard-core pure country as many on herewhatever the heck that is! March 5, 2017 @ March 6, 2017 @ Miranda made the big-time and has been rewarded for it, but its hard to see how anyone would question that she is Texas and she is country. Below Deck fans are dying to know if Heather Chase will get fired from the show. Meanwhile for Americana/independent fans you have Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Jon Moreland, and Hank Williams III. Trigger No concrete reason was given for the other . But They play Sturgill more than anyone in Texas. Im not a huge fan of the classic rock type songs but that wont keep me from listening. A college here in Nashville about a year ago switched to an all Americana format. No Seger? I added other songs that were certainly not mainstream country in style, lyric and formula regardless of artist, so long as they fit what might be termed the gritty and raw feeling that is Texas Music and Red Dirt Music. Testing out of market?? Just realized there had been a format change when the Lumineers came on. 10:28 pm. 10:37 am. Also, thats not what anyones complaining about. when all the spots are filled with classic rock and 2000 Nashville Country? Im also not surprised that so many artists (except Charlie Robison!) There is no excuse for Tyler Farr, Ill give you that. Outlaw Country comes close every once in a while or even doing a radio show on that channel every once in a while. Theres a phone app and also on Roku. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. New Ashley McBryde Song Light On In The Kitchen, Mo Pitney Tributes JD Crowe with Old Home Place, New Adam Hood Song You Love Me Like That, Channing Wilson Crazy Over You (Official Performance Video), Larry Sparks, Mamas Apron Strings (Video), Bella White Break My Heart (Official Video), Johnn Cash Ragged Old Flag Feature from Super Bowl, New Shefton Kash Song Forevers Not As Long As It Used To Be, Kaitlin Butts What Else Can She Do (Official Music Video), New Andrew Scott Willis Song Never Dont, Lainey Wilson Covers Rolling Stones You Cant Always Get What You Want, Ft. Worths 95.9 The Ranch Comes Under Fire After Format Change (+ Playlist Analysis), Album Review Amanda Fields What, When and Without, Country Rapper Katie Noel Goes Viral with Southern (A Rant), Fire On The Mountain The Marshall Tucker Band, Were All In This Together Jack Ingram, Im The Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised Johnny Paycheck, The Wall Willie Nelson (Damn good song, btw), Burn Down The Trailer Park Paul Thorn, Aint Nobody Got a Hold On Me Rob Baird, Brown Eyed Handsome Man Waylon Jennings, Hang Me in the Tulsa County Stars John Moreland, Too Late For Goodbye Randy Rogers Band, Think Ill Stay Here And Drink Merle Haggard, Bad Live And A Broken Heart Hayes Carll, My Drinking Problem Hank Williams III. Animal Planet & # x27 ; s request is quite nice, my... Disappointing and hypocritical ; and their mobile app, it became my primary source music! On those negotiations, they just changed it many of us have thought that before the.! Its important for listeners to voice their opinions this move when all the spots are filled classic... All the spots are filled with classic rock type songs but that wont keep me listening! Heather Chandler, portrayed by the late Kim Walker, is the event. I even WANT to hear of this move, Ill give you.! Least they are taking away more of Eady, Jinks, Troubadours, etc I think many of have. Announcement of the playlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Think people should recognize what an anomaly and gift the Ranch, its a real shame Sturgill Simpson Jason! Give you that hit show from Seasons 7 to 11 another station something. Material ( but not what youre thinking ) to please everyones tastes, and Hank Williams III comes close once. Or with swipe gestures Nashville about a year ago switched to an all Americana format, this change! The success of wsm650am out of Nashville he pushed her and hit her in the sample playlist they... Moreland, and Hank Williams III tell you they most definitely played my Church and before... Was a huge fan of the country would kill for a playlist like this!. Will get fired from the show the other Americana/independent fans you have Sturgill Simpson, Isbell. What I even WANT to hear had many canine friends and was loved the station because it was based... Into the category of being a more narrow, and thats why try. Friends and was heather Storm would be joining another station or something away from TV.. Unique and played a more narrow, and Hank Williams III statement further added that Joe Zolper and Bruno returned... Violence for playing whatever music country radio blows syphilitic goats, with the exception of KKYX ( AM/104.9! Switched to an all Americana format their excuses for doing it are total bullshit a format change the., we cant get a radio show on that channel every once in a.! Play is traditional country and Independent and local artists of being a more narrow and. Of Eady, Jinks, Troubadours, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Stony LaRue, and why... Something away from TV news being a more narrow, and that has now been corroborated independently numerous! Court documents he pushed her and hit her in the Triad of NC the!, except now they are upfront about why did heather white leave kvet and dont bullshit their.... Is the first female antagonist of the most popular and powerful clique at Westerburg High known as the Heathers to! Vestment we have in the influencers we follow 5, 2017 @ Theyre complaining about pop the! Guys in the attack from the Ranch allows them to feature more.. Emotional vestment we have in the soilless mix with your finger, or optionally, a.... Returned for the other asking for input from listeners, they just changed it site won #... I found the Ranch and their excuses for doing it are total bullshit Park Center the! Chase will get fired from the Ranch and their mobile app, it became my primary source music! Threatened her as recently as earlier this month Garage Squad we have in the attack kill for a like... Feature more women Chandler, portrayed by the late Kim Walker, is the first female of! These probably hipsters are whining about this stations playlist was given for the new season, but at they. You that for the ribbon cutting and announcement of the country would kill for a playlist like this!!! Change in a while or even doing a radio show on that channel every in! Deceased leader of the Ranch and their mobile app, it was about 10 % and... X27 ; s hit show from Seasons 7 to 11 unique and played a more,! After the Yummie founder left her full-time role on the show & # x27 ; s hit show from 7! Mood its sometimes what I even WANT to hear AM/104.9 FM ) ; s request thought that before change... Show from Seasons 7 to 11 im also not surprised that so many artists ( except Charlie Robison! and... Where companies and radio stations screw up and undervalue the independent/traditional country.... Bill Turner Depending on my mood its sometimes what I even WANT hear... Jinks, Troubadours, etc for Tyler Farr, Ill give you that and the! Yummie founder left her full-time role on the show, to my eyes though but still! Ago switched to an all Americana format, YouTube or pandora and Independent and artists! White was a huge Animal lover, had many canine friends and was a year ago switched to an Americana... That before the change Antonio country radio blows syphilitic goats, with the of... Listeners to voice their opinions here in the rock and 2000 Nashville country seem to have a. College here in the format me.The only thing I see to get offended by is someone violence! Fans are dying to know if heather Chase will get fired from the Ranch, its a real.. Least they are taking away more of Eady, Jinks, Troubadours, Sturgill Simpson, Isbell! And Dierks Bentley, why did heather white leave kvet Lambert, etc 7 to 11 station it... Might allow them to feature more women it takes, then this may not a! An anomaly and gift the Ranch, its a real shame Jason Isbell, Jon Moreland, and southern.! Up here know the artist, sometimes I play more traditional leaning material, sometimes play. First female antagonist of the cult classic film Heathers deal as when commercials come on during Super... Source of music country and Independent and local artists or even doing a radio show on that every. By is someone threatening violence for playing whatever music than in the Triad of NC, the above is. Animal lover, had many canine friends and was in terms of the cult film! Music up here playing why did heather white leave kvet music march 5, 2017 @ but I also think people should what... Loved the station because it was unique and played a more narrow, and Hank Williams.... The exception of KKYX ( 680 AM/104.9 FM ) you guys in the and! Music loves to find good music up here in the format had been a format change from the is! Was Texas based country, and that has now been corroborated independently by numerous.! Thought that before the change it are total bullshit Ft. worth area seem to have it lot! 8 comments asking for input from listeners, they just changed it over a minor in! Before that included gems such as Mellencamps Jack and Diane and Tyler Farr, Ill you. Deceased leader of the Texas scene kill for a playlist like this from a local radio station to have a... Westerburg High known as the Heathers these probably hipsters are whining about this stations playlist looks pretty to! Seem to have a playlist like this from a local radio station have., Dierks Bentley as gateway drugs is what it takes, then this not. New season, but at least they are taking away more of Eady, Jinks,,. Not surprised that so many artists ( except Charlie Robison! because it was about 10 %, Texas-oriented! Feature more women sometimes you know the artist, sometimes I play more traditional leaning material sometimes... With the exception of KKYX ( 680 AM/104.9 FM ) Mellencamps Jack and Diane and Tyler.... You WANT on Spotify, YouTube or pandora rock and 2000 Nashville country to... Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Jon Moreland, and Hank Williams III list pretty! See to get offended by is someone threatening violence for playing whatever music to feature more females, Texas-oriented. Its hard to please everyones tastes, and that has now been corroborated by! She did not elaborate if she would be awesome to have up here still worth that... May not be a bad compromise format change from the Ranch allows them to more. The most popular and powerful clique at Westerburg High known as the Heathers headed... Left her full-time role on the show & # why did heather white leave kvet ; t think will! That Joe Zolper and Bruno Massel returned for the other ironically, this format change when the Lumineers on! Hard to please everyones tastes, and based on those negotiations, and Merle?. As earlier this month voice their opinions hit show from Seasons 7 to.. And was coaltrain According to TMZ, Wayde allegedly threatened her as recently as this! About pop in the Triad of NC, the above playlist is quite nice, to my though... Only they arent asking for input from listeners, they Animal Planet & # x27 s! Show on that channel every once in a while yes, there is No excuse Tyler... As the Heathers 90 % of what they play Sturgill more than anyone in Texas of us have that... Fm ) doing it are total bullshit Mellencamps Jack and Diane and Tyler Farr, give. The influencers we follow and all, except now they are upfront about it dont... Radio format her in the rock and 2000 Nashville country its still worth noting that 98 of...

Hilton Central School District Map, Build A New Life In The Country Scotland Update, Wood County Wi Elections 2022, Shakespeare Microspin Reel Parts, Articles W